• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 731 Views, 28 Comments

Gleaming Lights - Fuzzy Snuz



Neon Lights was once a well known Musician but ends up as a homeless drunk thanks to his backstabbing fillyfriend. Sugar Beats is a starting musician who only want to learn from the best. Beats decides to seek out Neon in hopes of getting some help.

  • ...
4
 28
 731

Chapter 3: Salvation

As the day slowly went by, drop and drop of liquor flowed into Neon’s maw. He sat in the alley listening to original artists’ music be slandered by Vinyl Scratches excuse for a remix. After killing the bottle he was holding, he tossed it to the wall in front of him and watched it shatter. What started out as a bottle full of goodness were now jagged pieces of glass waiting to be swept away. Sorta like Neon. He started to sob a bit as he looked over to his final bottle; he slowly popped it open and guzzled it down with tears in his eyes. Know what fate awaited him; he glanced over at the edge of Canterlot and sighed.
“Well, this is it, Neon. Now maybe people will remember who you were.”
He shakily stood up and hobbled over to the edge only to run into three ponies that seemed to be in a hurry. He took a pony’s knee right to his chin and hit the ground afterwards. Seeing blackness close in around him, he faintly heard a pony say, “Celestia, Dammit! Not again.”


A FEW MINUTES EALIER
Sugar Beats and his new found “friends” were chatting it up when Bass suddenly stopped and his ears twitched.
“Guys! She’s playing songs I haven’t even heard before! Come on! We gotta get there pronto!”
Blue looked towards Beats and gave him a ‘you okay with running’ look, to which his answer was a slight nod from the yellow unicorn before they started to rush off. The two brothers lead the pact and seemed to almost be racing each other to see who could get there first. Beats just trotted at a moderate pace behind them knowing he’d catch up eventually. As he started to admire the sights in Canterlot he looked ahead to see a drunk homeless pony sprinting out at Blue and Bass. He quickly shouted at them to be careful and watch out, but the second he did the homeless pony was already unconscious on the street.


“Celestia, Dammit! Not again.”
Bass yelled at the now unconscious stallion, going on a rant about how the world just doesn’t want him to see Vinyl Scratch. Beats on the other hand was more concerned about the condition of this poor pony. He wondered up to him to see if everything was alright. He realized who it was, one of his inspirations, one of the best, the first DJ to sell out Canterlot Theatre. Neon Lights, MC W1SH, whatever. It was him! Beats wanted to meet him his whole life and here he was unconscious on the street in tattered clothing. Wait… This wasn’t right. Last he heard Neon was taking a hiatus for being overstressed and uninspired. Then again, not many celebrity magazines make to Dodge Junction so things could’ve went downhill. As the two brothers argued at each other for a while, Beats told the two to shut up and explain to him what happened to Neon recently. They told him that Neon and Vinyl got into a relationship dispute and Neon went nuts afterwards claiming false accusations against her.
That’s not right, Beats remembered reading how humble and lovable Neon was when he was famous. Beats knew that if he could just wake him up, he could get the answers. Blue and Beats decided to stay put until the washed out artist could wake up. Bass was forced to stay due to him being the one to deliver this blow to Neon’s chin.


20 MINUTES LATER
Neon finally started to show signs of life once again and started to move slowly. He was greeted by a flood of words that went too fast for him to hear. Not like he cared too much about them anyway. He looked at the stallion talking to him and looked over to the edge. Oh right, the edge. After looking around with hazy vision he started to slowly get up on his wobbly hooves. He looked at the three ponies staring at him with concerned faces, and seemed to be mouthing words. Like he cared about what they were saying anyway. Who are these ponies? Oh right, in his way, that’s what they are. Neon started to limp quickly forward and pushed Blue and Bass out of the way and made a hobbled sprint towards the edge.
After getting to the rail he shoved his upper body over only to be left dangling by his hooves off the side of the city. The three ponies from before were keeping him alive by holding his feet, he started to thrash violently to escape with little avail. After struggling with them, he was pulled back up and sat down on a nearby bench. Still unable to hear the three ponies, he decided to try to tell the three of them.
“EYEE CONT HUR U GISE” He blurted out in his drunken, slurred speech.
The three ponies looked at each other and got the gist of what he said. Beats let the two brothers rush off to the concert and was left alone with Neon. He was able to get directions to the nearby clinic to help Neon get some rest and recover a bit from what Beats could see was a very shaky day. Neon was given an IV, a bed, some painkillers, and a spell that would restore his hearing soon. Beats stayed with him for about a half an hour and was asked to leave so Neon could get some rest. Beats figured he’d head out to the concert and meet up with Blue and Bass and see how good this Vinyl Scratch was. He took one last look back at where Neon was staying and prayed he’d be better soon. Sugar Beats walked away, still curious as to what happened to one of his favorite artists of all time. Beats could only wonder as he headed off towards the square with ticket in hoof.

Author's Note:

Well, well, well, looky hear. See guys, I'm alive (sorta) and totally am still writing chapters. How long has it been? A year and two months? Well maybe I won't have such a long time between updates, but I'll have to see. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this and thanks for reading.

Comments ( 3 )

Yay, it continues. YESH!

It Lives! :D

~MythWalker

Login or register to comment