• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 4,224 Views, 22 Comments

Because of the Internet - Namechanger



A story of the beginning of Lyra and Bon Bon's relationship

  • ...
3
 22
 4,224

Because of the Internet

Because of the Internet

By PB

Edited by Noah B.




Lyra was wildly scrolling up the boards of her home PC.

This was probably one of the worst things to ever happen to her... Ever! It was so bad, she could barely hold it in herself, she wanted to scream, to shout, but she would annoy the neighbors next door with all of her ruckus.

She bit down on her bottom lip, watching her horror unfold on her blue eyes.

She had to tell Bon Bon, seeing this was concerning her too. What would she think about this? She hoped it wouldn’t go bad, maybe she would think the same... But what if she didn’t?!

Lyra exited out, logged off, and waited for Bon Bon’s arrival. She tried to tell Bon Bon as easy as she could in the message she sent, and waited for a few minutes until Bon Bon came trotting through the door.

Those minutes were spent sorting out a way to explain to her what she saw on the Internet. All she wrote on the message was: “Come Over Now!” then her signature.

As the clock struck the mid afternoon, Bon Bon came in, and Lyra’s heart stopped, and a chill went down her back.

“Lyra? What’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” she cheerfully said, unaware of what was about to happen.

“No ghosts, but I did see something, on the PC,” she returned.

“PC? I told you that you would see crazy things on that, that is what we call the ‘Dark Side of The Internet’ where all those filly fondlers and other weirdos are,” she laughed, getting ready to leave. Seeing that it was just Lyra having PC problems, where only Twilight would be able to fix it.

“I know I saw something, but they involved someponies you and I know,” Lyra slowly said as Bon Bon was walking out the door. Now she was intrigued, but a little worried at the same time. Bon Bon shut the door and trotted back in.

Lyra was one of her best friends, and it had been only a few days since she got her new computer. Everypony in Ponyville was getting one. She could still remember when she helped Lyra pick it out with her.

“What did you see then?” Bon Bon asked as Lyra logged back on the the desktop.

“Pictures,”

“Pictures? That’s it?” Bon Bon asked.

“Pictures of someponies,” Lyra slowly started, turning her worried head to the monitor and going on the Internet.

“Who are these someponies?” Bon Bon asked, having the same tone of voice as Lyra. Lyra was beginning to type through the search bar what she was going to show Bon Bon, oh the agony! It was so embarrassing, so strange, but so many others laughed about it.

“Well, take a look,” Lyra said as she opened the link to the images. On the page, were hundreds of thousands of pictures of her and Lyra, together, in loving ways.

Lyra closed her eyes, embarrassed, but Bon Bon looked at the images with wide eyes.

The silence grew and lasted for minutes, Lyra sat in her chair while Bon Bon scrolled through. She checked out tons of pictures, one was a picture of them holding each other, lip locked. Such passion in it.

Their hair was entwined, detail of their fur was perfect, and the love was glowing off of it.

The next was then, lying in a bed, hugging, and the bedsheets were off to the side, and the love was even warmer.

Then Bon Bon stumbled upon one, different from the other. It flicked something off in her mind, like a switch untouched in a long time.

A new light bulb in an old socket, that moment there. Art had always effected Bon Bon emotionally, but now that they were pictures of her and Lyra, it was completely different.

“I like this one,” Bon Bon pointed out on the monitor. Lyra opened one eye, then another, and her jaw hit the floor.

“You like this!?” Lyra shouted, amazed at the thought that Bon Bon actually liked this! Bon Bon smiled and giggled as she saved the picture to the hard drive.

After a few more seconds of browsing, she exited and turned to Lyra, who was picking back up her jaw.

“Yeah, of course, I’m glad someponies are fans of ‘us’, and think we make a nice couple,” she laughed, knocking Lyra on the shoulder, “You should lighten up a bit, Lyra,”

“But what about everypony else?!” Lyra exclaimed, tapping on the screen, then pointing out the window to the busy town.

“What? I don’t think it’s all a big deal, let them think what they want,” Bon Bon said.

Bon Bon was always the ‘what ever floats your boat’ type, but she wasn’t independent. She was head strong, smart, and had a good head on her neck.

She wasn’t afraid to stick out in the crowd, neither was Lyra, but in this tense, it was a little different. They shut the PC down and went into the other room to talk. Lyra took extra precautions and shut the shades to the windows.

“So, tell me,” Bon Bon said, beginning to sit down on the couch, “why are you so scared?”

“I’m not scared,” Lyra snapped back, sitting down on the couch, in her own way of sitting, her haunches and legs stretched out.

“Okay, but you’re worried at least, about those pictures, right?” Bon Bon notched her head in Lyra’s direction. Lyra pinched the skin between her eyes and then looked up, towards her friend.

“I am, I’m worried about all of the commotion this will bring, I don’t want people to think we are together!” Lyra slapped her haunches down, as her head bowed.

“Why? I think it’s funny! It may look weird, knowing you, you always overreact to things,” Bon Bon patted her friend on the back, trying to calm her fast beating heart.

“I DO NOT!” Lyra gently slapped away her friends forearm, and Bon Bon laughed some more.

“Gee, Lyra, you must be really upset about this, I just can’t figure out why. What am I missing that you have that makes this so bad?” Bon Bon asked.

“Ponies have standards these days, Bon Bon. Posting pictures of you and I, together,” Lyra’s voice trailed off, and Bon Bon had noticed, then it got louder again, “You and I are friends, good friends, but I don’t think, even if we tried, we could go that far,”

Lyra was beginning to blush.

Her blue fur on her chops and cheeks were turning light red from the thought, maybe she shouldn’t have mentioned it, seeing it was one of her best friends, Bon Bon, she was dealing with.

Bon Bon noticed Lyra’s cheeks turning red, and tried to comfort her more, seeing her effort was turning futile.

“Don’t be embarrassed, Lyra, your head strong, you can take some light criticism. So what if ponies think we are a cute couple, it’s just some fan art, they can do what they want,”

“That’s what annoys me the most, Bon Bon, love should be influenced by your own choice, and your partner’s choice,” Bon Bon started moving closer to Lyra, as they both sat on the couch, and Lyra was starting up an explanation, “Love should be decided when it wants to be decided, not rushed or told by somepony else,”

“I see,” Bon Bon quickly whispered, still inching closer to Lyra’s right fore arm, supporting her.

“I hope you do, but why? Why, why do we make such a good couple, I- I mean, if we were?” Lyra asked, turning her head to see Bon Bon only centimeters away.

“I don’t know, maybe best friends make best couples,” she said, then Bon Bon leaned in, her breath was hot on Lyra’s snout and it seemed like time had stopped.

…....

Lyra jumped up from the couch, her face was shriveled, her eyebrows pointed in a sideways ‘s’ way.

“You- you...” Lyra put her hoof up to her face, “You tried to kiss me!”

Now Bon Bon started to blush, intensely dark red on her milky white fur.

“I’m sorry! I don’t know what came over me, you started talking about love this and love that, and then I got this weird feeling out of the blue, and I thought you were feeling the same way I was feeling,” Bon Bon said in one breath.

She just made the situation a whole lot more awkward, and she now had some explaining to do.

“But you,” Lyra stuck out her arms with each word, “tried, “ swish “to,” swish “kiss me!”

“I don’t think I tried to exactly kiss you!” Bon Bon said, standing up, leaving the couch empty.

“Then what? Were you trying to seduce me then? Nuzzle my nozzle with your nozzle?” Lyra was hungry for answers.

“Well- well, I- I mean, maybe we could......” Bon Bon trailed off.

“You’re beginning to believe those pictures, aren’t you!?” Lyra concluded, pointing at the PC in the other room through the doorway.

Bon Bon had to think of something fast. It was just a harmless motion, obviously Lyra didn’t get what she was getting at. Maybe a little reverse psychology would help the situation.

“Lyra, don’t act like you didn’t feel anything to!” she stated, sitting back down.

“What do you mean?” Lyra asked, seeing what she was trying to do, “you're trying to blame this on me!”

“Blame? Nopony is to blame here, it’s just a little confusion, please sit down, let me explain,” Bon Bon calmed, patting down on the cushions. Lyra stood there for a second, thinking what could possibly happen next. Another pat down on the cushion brought Lyra’s body to the couch, she was taking in deep breaths.

“Please, Bon Bon, I don’t know what to do,”

“You don’t have to, I know you felt something, even in the slightest millisecond, you felt something, I could tell by the look on your face,” Bon Bon explained.

“How do you know that?” Lyra asked.

“When my ‘nozzle’ was touching yours, you didn’t pull away immediately, it seemed like you were moving forward, like I was, then you pulled away, to my surprise,” Bon Bon said, inching closer again.

“So, I got startled, I was talking about how love shouldn’t be influenced by other’s opinions, but your own,” Lyra said, looking away for a quick moment.

“So, what if those opinions actually worked out,” Bon Bon hushed.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, it’s not the first time I have thought about... ya’ know, you and I, together,” Bon Bon confessed.

“Really? I have thought about it too, but what will everypony else think?” Lyra also confessed, seeing that all the confessions were coming out.

“Well then, why don’t we try?” Bon Bon asked, now centimeters close again.

“Try?” Lyra turned her head around, and they were back in that same position, only this time, Lyra wasn’t so hesitant to get away, this time, she stayed.

“Bon Bon, it’s wrong,”

“Is it? Just once, let me,” Bon Bon said.

Lyra’s lips began to quiver slightly, “Let you what?” her breathing got slower, and she felt as if she was melting away, so was Bon Bon.

“Kiss you,”

Lyra stayed still as a shock ran down her spine, and Bon Bon’s lips met Lyra’s in a split second. Bon Bon grasped her friend, not letting her jump away. At first, Lyra was startled, but then succumbed to the lip lock, her eyes shut slowly, and she made a small humming noise. Their bodies grappled onto each other, and time really did stop, and melt away like paint dripping from a paint brush. Her hot breath on the inside of Lyra’s was overwhelming, and their tongues hugged one another like themselves. Taking breaths between each few seconds, they both fell over, pressed up like one layer of skin and compassion.

Once they finally broke the kiss for good, they now realized that they were lying on each other, Lyra on the bottom.

“Woah,” Lyra said, looking at Bon Bon on top of her, but she wasn’t smiling. The sunlight was shining slowly through the closed shades, but there was a tapping noise on the window, like water.

“I should better open those up,” Bon Bon said, her blushing face leaning into her friend’s.

She opened up the shaded window, and it was raining outside. Ponies were running for cover, it looked like a storm was approaching.

“Lyra, it looks a bit dangerous outside, but I suppose you would want me to go, I’m sorry if I offended you,” and she began to slowly gather her things.

“Wait,” Lyra said, still on the couch, “You can stay here,” she snared.

Bon Bon smiled, knowing her plan worked, and to think, even through all of Lyra’s misjudgment, she was still able to prove, her love was stronger than any other ponies opinion, all because of the Internet.

------------

Lyra woke up, it was in the middle of the night. Bon Bon was next to her on the couch. They had fallen asleep a little bit after they had confirmed their relationship, and watched the storm pass over.

Lyra flicked on the PC, turning the volume off, her brand new PC. She searched the files, and stumbled upon one file, the only one, saved to the hard drive. She opened it up, and took a look at it. She laughed to herself, and smiled.





The End

Thanks again to Noah for spending his time editing

Comments ( 22 )

first?:derpytongue2:
gonna start reading now

mmk loved it~ :pinkiehappy:
is this technically 4th wall breaking? :rainbowderp:
something to think about

This song just popped into my head while reading. I don't know why, but whatever, nice fic btw.

Awe, the ending picture was so cute! :rainbowkiss:

I'd complain about you using the word "arms", but it was Lyra. :raritywink:

Thanks, It's a nice and short story. :rainbowkiss:

He's a good editor then, except for like, five mistakes.

Btw.

:ajbemused::applecry::coolphoto::derpyderp1::fluttercry::heart::rainbowdetermined2::raritycry::scootangel::trixieshiftright::twilightangry2::twistnerd::unsuresweetie::yay::trollestia::moustache::eeyup::duck::pinkiecrazy:

Come at me bruh.

now time to explain to lyra why there is so much monkey porn on the internet.

Aw, cute. : )

And to think in most of the fanon Lyra's the on whose antics throw Bon Bon for a loop. Nice reversal there.

Epic D'aww wouldn't you agree sir? :pinkiesad2:

At least Lyra and Bon Bon are aware what we want them to do right? :trollestia:

347451 347488 347519 347533 347612 347657 347907 348057 348062 348369 348474 348618

Thanks all, I enjoyed reading the last 12 comments, I can take any criticism, and I enjoyed your thoughts. I don't write to entertain myself, but I do it to entertain you. :ajsmug:

Great story, man. Incredibly D'AWWWWWWW-ish. :twilightsmile:The whole PC thing with fan art is trippy though :derpytongue2:

350402 That, mah bro, is the art of breaking the 4th wall :rainbowwild:

Great story, BUT, I'm pretty sure that ponies don't have nozzles. (I think you ment muzzles) Other then that fantasic! :twilightsmile:

D'awww this was so adorable!

L

It's rather sweet. I like stories that don't try to be epics. (much like my own old work)

It's short, and you know just when to stop. I'd still never show this to anyone outside the bubble of the fandom, but it is still good. So your delivery was good, but I don't actually like the premise. I don't generally like stories where ponies say, "Look how gross shipping is! Oh well. Let's f***!". (to exaggerate it) I don't know how you managed it, but that didn't hurt my experience with this story. You tread well in this category while not changing the formula. Yes, that does mean that it's not terribly original. But I consider that criticism basically null on this site. It was a good story to welcome me back to FiMFiction, a nice example of how things work around here. I'll remember this one, and give it a like as well.

P.S. I would have actually switched the roles of these two, but that's not a criticism, just a preference.

I'm impressed!

Not much of a LyraBon fan, but this definitely gets a fav and an upvote from me. Even after all this time, it's refreshing to see something new that triggers the relationship. Pacing was a little wonky, but still decent for such a short story.

It's really odd to see something this old being called 'refreshing', but it was.

Also,

“Lyra, don’t act like you didn’t feel anything to!” she stated, sitting back down.

too

The next was then

them

Don’t be embarrassed, Lyra, your head strong

you're
~Twi

This was pretty cute. :twilightsmile: It definitely needs another editing pass, and the pacing is inconsistent. However, it was still enjoyable, especially considering the introduction of modern technology into Equestria. So have my upvote and fave for that!

The picture was bad...

Login or register to comment