• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,332 Views, 44 Comments

Trouble Begins. - Darth Redbeard



Sometimes all it takes to lose someone close to you, is the troubles of the outside world. Spike and Sweetie Belle find this out the hard way.

  • ...
11
 44
 1,332

A New Ally

Author's Note:

Finally finished with this rewrite. From now on, no more redoing these stories. I might bring back another of my old ones around Christmas time to see how it does this time. For now, the series can continue on. :yay:

Special shout out to Kestrel for helping me edit this chapter.

Seriously, if there are any mistakes, I need to know so I can fix them. An author can't improve unless he or she knows what might be wrong with the chapter or story.

Hope you enjoyed the new version.

Just as with the Lennex fleet, Princess Luna’s personal ship had very good sailing west towards it’s destination, despite only having a crew of two. Luna kept the ship sailing straight as they hoped to run into help soon. Sweetie Belle kept looking out at the ocean nervously, as this was her first time sailing like this. She had been on water and swimming before, but this was her first time out on the ocean. From what she had learned in Miss Cheerilee’s class, the ocean held many things, from playful creatures, to ones that would attack and eat a person.

Luna looked back to Equestria one last time before keeping her eyes to the west. Her home city had fallen, and at that moment, her country could also fall, unless Celestia could hold them off until she found help. She knew Celestia and Discord would try their best, and now that they know what’s going on, they would have a better chance. She cracked a small smile at what Discord’s ideas would be against any attacker. She had doubts about him when Celestia and him became a couple, but they’ve worked well together on many different projects.

Sweetie Belle’s eyes began to water, remembering how she and Spike had agreed that one day they would go on a boat ride someplace. Even before they started dating, they would make agreements with each other. They were the best of friends, even Twilight had agreed that the friendship she had with her boyfriend before they split apart all those years ago wasn’t as strong. Even when they reconnected, the bond wasn’t as strong as it used to be, but they at least went above friendship after catching up again. Sweetie Belle had become Spike’s very first friend and later his best friend. They had went on a few adventures together during the years. When the others were busy during the weekend when she was staying with Rarity, they would go camping in the library or the boutique with either Twilight or Rarity watching them.

She even remembered when Spike was sick, she went over to stay with him for a few hours. She ended up getting sick herself, but they stayed together the whole time. She even remembered when he helped her get over her first crush she had on a kid that later turned into a bully. She was walking into the park one day and saw that same boy beating up Spike and threw him into the pond. She was very thankful that Spike’s uncle, Shining was visiting that day. She went up to that boy and smacked him as hard as she could. She apparently didn’t know her strength, since she heard something crack when her hand hit his cheek. It turned out she had broken his cheekbone with just one slap. After she slapped him, she ran over to where Shining and Spike were.

She blushed, remembering what she did to help him. It was the first time she had her mouth touch a boy’s mouth, but it wasn’t as weird as she thought it would be. She was glad that Spike had no idea what she did, but he was technically her first kiss even before that time in the Tunnel of Love.

“You alright, Sweetie Belle?” Luna asked. Sweetie Belle turned to Luna as she sat down next to her. “You seem to have a lot on your mind.”

“I’m just scared,” Sweetie replied. “Spike’s been there with me for a while now, and right now, I feel like part of me is gone. I just don’t feel complete anymore,” Sweetie’s dam broke as the tears came full force. Luna pulled her close as she continued to cry.

“It’ll be alright, Sweetie Belle,” Luna said while rubbing her back. “We’ll get him back by Hearth’s Warming Eve. I will promise you that. I can also promise that if the Imperial Emperor tries to take Spike, I’ll make him wish he had never been born.”

Sweetie looked up at Luna and gave a small smile, letting her know she was feeling a little bit better. They looked back out to the sea and saw black smoke in the distance. Luna went back to the helm and steered the ship in that direction to find out what happened.

When they arrived, all they saw were ships either sinking or on fire. Luna was able to see the flag on the ships, which were the same ones that attacked Equestria. The water was running red with blood of the crews with bodies floating everywhere.

“Sweetie Belle, get below deck,” said Luna. Sweetie complied and hid below deck as Luna navigated her boat through the wreckage. The faces of the crew showed pure agony, as if they had been in pain before they had died or had just recently been killed.

It had taken an hour, but Luna was soon able to get away from everything and continued on her course. Sweetie Belle, who had been below deck for a while, came up for some fresh air, happy to be away from all that.

“How long have we been sailing?” Sweetie asked. She had been growing tired from being on the boat.

“From the position of the sun,” Luna began. “I’d say about eight hours. We left Canterlot at around eleven, so it should be about seven.” She was right. The sun was beginning to set as the moon to the east began to rise into the sky. Sweetie Belle sighed and looked back to the west. She squinted her eyes as she saw what looked to be land in the distance.

“I see something!” she exclaimed. Luna grabbed her telescope and looked in the direction Sweetie was pointing to.

“Looks like a city,” she said. “No idea if this is what we’re looking for, but only one way to find out.” Just before she could steer the ship closer, another ship arrived right next to them. When Luna saw the flag, her face grew pale. “Get below deck now!” she and Sweetie Belle disappeared below deck as the heard voices above.

“Looks like no one’s on board, sir,” one of the voices said.

“Good,” the other replied. “Now let’s take everything on this ship and send it to the bottom of the… LOOK OUT!” The next thing they heard was an explosion. “Our ship is destroyed! Blast those Imperial guns!” The next few minutes, all they could hear was fighting above them. When it finally stopped, the door to the hatch was opened. They looked up and saw a young woman with light brown skin and black hair looking down to them.

“It’s safe to come out now,” she said. When Luna and Sweetie came out of their hiding spot, they saw their attackers were rounded up and lined along the side of the boat with what seemed to be soldiers in blue and gray uniforms guarding them.

“Thanks for your help,” Luna said, but stopped, since she had no idea who she was talking to.

“My name’s, Katara,” the woman said. “My husband commands the Imperial navy. What are your names?”

“My name is, Luna, and this is, Sweetie Belle,” Luna said. “We’re on our way to a nation called the Imperial Empire. Our home was attacked and we need help.”

“You’re in luck,” said Katara. “That would be us. We’ll take you to the harbor and you can explain everything to my husband, Aang. He’ll contact his boss and explain what happened,” Katara turned to the officer with her. “Help take this ship into port and take the prisoners below deck.”

“Right away, ma'am!” the officer exclaimed. He turned to the soldiers. “You heard her lads, get moving.” The soldiers put the prisoners below deck as the ship sailed into port. When they were close enough, Katara brought Luna and Sweetie Belle to her personal boat and had it rowed next to a massive ship. From Luna and Sweetie Belle’s perspective, it was the largest ship in the world.

“If you don’t mind my asking, why are there only two of you?” Katara asked. “I would’ve thought that one of Equestria’s leaders would have an armed escort.” When Luna froze, Katara immediately explained. “Celestia sent us a picture of the Equestrian Royal Family for us to place in the Imperial Palace. I saw the picture a few times and you’re the only one I met that looks the same.”

“I told Celestia that this was something I wanted to do on my own,” explained Luna. “If anything, I could show that I’m sorry for what had happened a while back. That memory still haunts me to this day.” Sweetie Belle looked at Luna in shock, not knowing that even after being forgiven, she still blamed herself for what happened.

The boat was soon lifted to one of the decks, allowing everyone to move to the bigger ship. As Luna and Sweetie Belle looked around, they saw two soldiers nearby complaining.

“Why is it we’re stuck on this dumb vessel?”

“I know. We could be back home chasing women, but we got sent to camp because of some stupid reason.” Before they could say anything else, another soldier in white armor arrived.

“That is enough of your whining!” he exclaimed. “Now pipe down and get back to your stations!” He walked through the nearby door as one of them spoke up again.

“I don’t know who’s worse,” he said. “Him or his boss?” the other soldier shrugged as they went back to work. Katara motioned for Luna and Sweetie Belle to follow her as they went into that same door. They walked down the hallway as they heard a voice from one of the nearby rooms.

“I don’t know, Yuri,” they heard. “It might just be best if I cancel the whole operation. We have no idea where the enemy fleet is. For all we know, it could’ve been a hoax. I should just send all these men to the front lines to hold off the other attacks.”

“Sir, you’ve been up for days and nights dealing with all this,” another voice said. Luna and Sweetie recognized it as the same voice from outside. “Even some of the soldiers are complaining about being on the ships. You also know that if you call off this operation, it could mean trouble.”

“Don’t you think I know that!?” they heard what seemed to be a table being flipped over. “I know what could happen, but we have no idea where they are and we could lose ground someplace else while waiting!”

“Sir, maybe you should sit down. You haven’t been getting any sleep and have hardly eaten. I’ll go get you something from the mess hall while you sit down and relax.”

“Alright.”

After the voices had quieted down, they ran to where Katara was waiting on them. They walked through the door and entered the bridge of the ship. Inside, stood a man with black hair. He turned just as Katara entered with the others.

“Sorry to bother you, honey,” Katara began. “But these two are here about their homeland being attacked. It appears that the Lennex Empire has made it’s move,” The Admiral nodded and walked up to his radio.

“Admiral Aang to Emperor Cunningham,” he said. “Devil has struck. I repeat, Devil has struck.”

“Understood, Admiral,” a voice replied. Luna and Sweetie realized it was the same one that was yelling in the room. “This is Emperor Cunningham to all Imperial Forces. Operation Guardian Angel is a go. I repeat, Operation Guardian Angel is a go. All forces are to meet at the rally point and continue on to the objective.” The sirens on the ship sounded as the crew went to battle stations. Luna and Sweetie Belle were taken to their own cabin for the night.

“We’d best get some sleep,” Luna said. “Seems tomorrow will be a busy day.” Luna went to sleep while Sweetie Belle looked out the window.

I’ll bring you back to me, Spike,” she thought. “No matter what it takes.

Comments ( 12 )

4396603 and finished. Feel free to give opinion on rewrite.

aang? the avatar?

5022749 :eeyup:
Crossovers are showing up more and later in the sequel.

5250692 some mistakes were on accident. It happens when I write and don't slow down.

5250722 having someone look over is helpful. I really should slow down, but when I get into the groove, I can't stop writing.

5250728 Now I am here to look over stuff after you start writing so it fine, my friend. :pinkiehappy:

5250755 thanks. I'll make the changes after I get some sleep

5250781 Sleep sounds like a good idea actually.

Good story I like it.

6144028 been a while since I had someone comment on this one.

Thanks.

Login or register to comment