• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 2,109 Views, 22 Comments

Love's True Form - Yosh-E-O



After surviving the "Cave of Forbidden Love" and having a man-to-man talk with Shining Armor, Spike finally is compelled to wear "The Amulet of Love's True Form". But, at what cost?

  • ...
8
 22
 2,109

Chapter 6: The Power of Love

“Rah!” cried Rarity as she dove towards Chrysalis horn first. Her entire body aglow in a blue, ethereal mist.

“You fool!” stated Chrysalis as she surrounded herself in a transparent, green orb.

Rarity’s horn pressed through Chrysalis’ shield.

“GRAH!” she cried as she seemed to only grow in mystical strength. Each passing second making her glow brighter-and-brighter.

“What?” wondered Chrysalis as her shield began to crack. “This can’t be!”

Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, and Big Macintosh joined Celestia and Pinkie Pie as all watched in awe at what was happening.

“Rarity?” said Rainbow Dash.

“I’ve never seen her like this,” stated Apple Jack.

“Nope,” added Big Macintosh.

Chrysalis tried to fortify her shield, but Rarity’s strength was too strong and it soon shattered into a million pieces.

“Err!” snarled Rarity as she aimed her horn down to attack the unprotected Chrysalis.


Chrysalis was in a bind and Rarity wasn’t giving her time to do much else but dodge.

“YOU’RE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE!” stated Rarity as she continued her assault against Chrysalis.

“Enough of this!” stated Chrysalis as she took to the air and prepared to retaliate against Rarity.

Rarity dodged an attack spell by the queen that burned a small hole in the ground.

“How, dare, you!” she cried.

“I think you’d look good in my special necklace.” stated Chrysalis as she fabricated a copy of the amulet that was still around Spike’s neck. “His love along with yours will surely give me more than enough power to send all your pony friends off to oblivion!”

Rarity gasped as the amulet was directed straight at her.

“Ah!” she screamed while barely dodging the cursed object’s attempt to attach itself upon her.

Chrysalis cackled as Rarity found it harder-and-harder to dodge having the horrid amulet fasten itself around her.

“Your heart is as good as mine!” she proclaimed.

A mystical, blue blast fired suddenly from the sky and shattered the amulet just as it was about to cling itself upon Rarity.

“What?” wondered Chrysalis.

The next thing the Queen of the Changelings felt was a strong, magical attack slam down upon her back. This caused her wings to give and she quickly fell crashing to the ground.

“Thou hath gone too far!” Luna stated firmly.

Chrysalis growled upon seeing the Princess of the Night return.

“Sister!” cheered Celestia. “You’re okay!”

Luna landed herself beside Celestia.

“We were banished by this creature. However, she did not count on us knowing the way out of where she did exile us.”

“Let’s end this!” stated Rainbow Dash as she flew towards Chrysalis and bucked her just as she was returning to her feet.

“Oh, no, you don’t!” added Apple Jack as she fiercely bucked into Chrysalis’ other side.

Big Macintosh ran behind the teetering, changeling queen and bucked her backside with all he had in him.

“Timber!” he cried as Chrysalis fell to the ground with all of her hooves splayed outward.

“Ha!” cried Pinkie Pie as she took out her party cannon and fired it at Chrysalis.

The Queen of the Changelings had been thoroughly beaten and layed helplessly on the ground with cake on her face and streamers covering her tattered body.

“Shall we, sister?” asked Celestia.

“Lets,” replied Luna.

The two princesses stood closely together, gathered all the mystical energy they could, and released it out in a ray that shined like a rainbow.

“NO!” cried Chrysalis upon being struck by the shot. Her body then began to glow an intense white before it took the shape of a rainbow and burst off into space.

Celestia and Luna fell against each other. Both exhausted from the ordeal.

“We did it, sister,” stated Celestia.

“Even without the Elements,” said Luna. “Our family bond proved enough to exile the villain to the furthest reaches of the cosmos.”

As the dust settled from Chrysalis’ banishment, Fluttershy could be seen crying over Spike’s motionless body.

“SPIKEY-WIKEY!” cried Rarity as she rushed to Spike’s side.

“Oh, Rarity,” sniffled Fluttershy. “He won’t wake up. I don’t know what to do.”

Every pony gathered around the motionless Spike. Even Twilight, who had just woke up and was groggily making her way towards her assistant.

“Oh, no,” she gasped. “Spike!”

“I’m afraid,” said Celestia somberly. “There is nothing we can do.”

“What do you mean?” stated Rarity as her eyes swelled with tears. “There’s always something that can be done!”

Luna lowered her head.

“The magic the fiend used on thy friend is such that no pony can undo.”

“I refuse to believe that!” cried Rarity as she bent before Spike’s body and used her magic to shatter the amulet that was around his neck.

“Spike!” she shouted while nudging the purple dragon. “You have to wake up! Wake up for me!”

Nothing happened.

“Oh,” sniffled Fluttershy. “I can’t bear to see poor Spike this way.”

“He was a great guy,” stated Rainbow Dash as she fought back her tears.

Pinkie Pie’s hair lost its poof and dropped evenly down.

“This is horrible,” she stated.

“Spike…” said Twilight as she moved forward and nuzzled him. She then broke out into tears.

“He was a dragon like no other,” stated Celestia.

“We shalt give him a sendoff worthy of royalty,” said Luna.

Apple Jack removed her hat and lowered her head.

Big Macintosh shook his head and joined his sister in lowering his head in respect.

“NO!” cried Rarity. “IT’S MY FAULT! SPIKE! I LOVE YOU! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME! PLEASE, OH PLEASE!”

Spike’s body began to glow with a blue light.

“If I wasn’t so focused on myself and worried about appearances I would’ve told you sooner, but, I, did, ent!”

Rarity’s tears fell steadily upon Spike’s body. Each one making the light that was surrounding him grow more.

“Come back to me, Spike!” she cried. “I need you! I love you! I’ll be there for you! I don’t care what any pony says! I love you!”

Every pony, except Rarity, was in awe at what they were hearing and seeing.

Spike let out a light moan as his eyes began to flitter open.

“Rare…” he mumbled. “Rarity?”

“Oh!” she cried. “I miss him so much that now I’m hearing his voice! I can’t stand it! Oh, Spy-eye-ike!”

The wings that were once upon Spike’s back reappeared as he rose to a sitting position.

“Spike!” called Twilight. “You’re okay!”

“Okay…” gasped Rarity. Her eyes were still quite full of tears, but there was no mistaking the green-eyed, purple, smiling face staring towards her.

“SPIKEY-WIKEY!” she cheered while wrapping her hooves firmly around him and gissing all over his face. “Oh, Spikey-Pooh! You’re okay!”

“Wha…” said Spike as he began to blush. “Rarity?”

“Oh, Spike!” she stated. “I love you so, so much!”

Spike closed his eyes and nuzzled against Rarity.

“I love you, too, Rarity,” he said.

Every pony wanted to speak on how miraculous a recovery Spike had made. However, it just didn’t seem appropriate to interrupt such a special moment between himself and Rarity.

Rarity used her magic to levitate Spike onto her back.

“Come, Spike,” she said. “We have much to talk about in private.”

“Such as?” he asked with a blush.

“Those ravishing wings you have for starters,” stated Rarity.

“I have wings?” asked Spike upon realizing he now did have a pair of feathery wings upon his back.

“Why, yes,” said Rarity with a giggle as she trotted into the Carousel Boutique. “And I’m going to give them, and you, a once over makeover you’ll never forget!”

Every pony watched as Rarity shut the door to the Carousel Boutique, pulled down the windows, and closed the curtains.

“Looks like we may have another wedding,” stated Celestia.

“And this time,” added Pinkie Pie as her mane and tail returned to their happy, poofy appearance. “There won’t be any invites for the meanie-faced, party poopers!”

Every pony laughed before going about their business as Rarity and Spike shared in what would be the first of many wonderful things their bond would bring to Ponyville, and beyond.

Author's Note:

Thank you for taking the time to read this story. For those who have not read the previous stories, in particular "The Cave of Forbidden Love", I may need to write just one more story to explain some parts in which may seem like "Plot Holes".

I also fear I may have had some inconsistencies with some of words being capitalized and not capitalized. I apology for that and am aware they are there.

If any of the spacing seems off, I also apologize. I wrote this story on a variety of platforms as time allowed. Hopefully, any such errors should be minimal with the overall integrity of the story being as awesome as can be.

Comments ( 16 )

This was a fun story; thanks for posting it.

3633487

Thanks for your time in reading and commenting on the story. :duck:

3634854
Good point! I was having some troubles in getting the proper dialogue for Luna and kind of shot-from-the-hip.

I really need to get better at my old-school English. :twistnerd:

Thanks for your time in reading this story and for your comments. They will certainly work to make me a better writer. :duck:

3634860
Whoops! :facehoof: Sometimes I get so caught up in writing and then, when editing, get so into the story I miss such things.

Thanks for your time and for pointing out that flub. I'll be sure to be more cautious in my future works. :twistnerd:

3634864
Oh, golly! :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof: There were more flubs in this story than I had thought there might be. My bad. :scootangel:

I do hope, aside from the typos, you enjoyed the story. All the same, I appreciate your time and comment. Can't get better unless you are made aware of issues like this.

3634870
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on the story. It means a lot to be able to share an idea with others. Especially someone, such as yourself, who is a fellow fan of a most inspirational show.

Have a wonderful day! :duck:

3634882
This was actually my first attempt at writing Luna. And, well, the last exposure I really had to such a speaking style was back in the days of the very original "Dragon Warrior" games. :facehoof:

Luna is certainly not my strong point, so I will have to work harder next time if I do write a story with her in it.

Thanks for your time and for commenting.

Fun, but the technical flaws made this a bit hard to follow at times.

3638694
I understand where you are coming from. If anything written breaks the flow of mental concentration, it's over.

Can only improve with practice, though. Thanks for your time to comment and for having read the story. :scootangel:

A rumble came from the boutique and .green smoke puffed out the cracks in the windows and doors'
The towns folk could hear hisses & loud meows from Opal trying to excape through the walls as the names of the couple raised in strenght & pitch':rainbowlaugh::pinkiegasp::ajsmug::twilightblush::yay:

Luna smiled "Another dream come to life" :moustache:
Celestia giggled "More lives from his dream":trollestia:
Twilight "I'm going to be a Auntie & Change fire proofed diapers":facehoof:
Pinkie screams "BABY SHOWERS":pinkiehappy:
Shy wispers "Me too ,Big Mac?":yay:
"Eeup":eeyup:
Some boo boos in spellin, Nice DisSparity story:twilightblush:

4989853
It is truly delightful to read follow-up comments in which add content to that in which I have provided. This truly is what I aspire to receive as an author. :twistnerd:

Not that it's a great excuse but I often just write for the sake of writing. Especially when it is fan fiction type work. I really should check my spelling of even these works as much as I do my original material. :scootangel:

Much thanks for making this work more than what I ever thought it could be. :duck:

This story was well done, and with all the previous stories, makes for a wonderful combination of stories.

6378536
I felt particularly happy with this piece in the series. It was like everything was starting to finally make more sense instead of being a whole bunch of silliness.

Thanks so much for your time in reading this series through. I'm looking forward to when I get a good opportunity to start going through yours. :)

6379088 thank you, and be gentle when you do

6379572
Oh, I am quite friendly when it comes to doing reading reviews. I have helped proof many a work over the past seven years and, I feel, have a positive way of critiquing a piece. I focus more on the concept being presented and how, in my opinion, you may be able to improve upon it. I don't ever intentionally tear any works to pieces. Doing so is the fastest way to make someone lose their inspiration. We definitely don't want you, or anyone, losing the desire to write. :)

Login or register to comment