• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 9,047 Views, 327 Comments

The Dark Ones - Snake Staff



Traveling to a dead xenos system, an Imperial Interrogator discovers a survivor with a story to tell.

  • ...
26
 327
 9,047

(Bonus) My Dear Illuminor

++Contents of Hyperscroll Message to Illuminor Szeras++

Most Esteemed Illuminor Szeras,

Working with you in this endeavor has been quite the honor. It is good to see that your skills with upgrading the weaponry of our soldiers have not been oversold – indeed, I feel the stories do not do the reality of your work justice. Our recent joint operation against the equines was phenomenal success; many are the wonders that now reside safely in my collection. A trio of living alicorn psykers, an utterly unique Warp creature called a draconequus, a centaur, a three-headed canis lupus, and many more artifacts and creatures that can be found nowhere else in this galaxy are now safely in my galleries on Solemnace. I trust that you are also happy with the specimens you culled from their population? Their many and varied psychic talents should serve your research purposes most admirably. Your quest to understand the mysteries of life is one step closer to its culmination, thanks to our efforts.

I will confess to being somewhat surprised at your decision to bargain for the honored Phaeron Imotekh’s leadership of the assault. Did you feel our joint forces were inadequate to the task of overwhelming a planet of primitives? Yes, some of them were psykers of some note, but between the two of us we would have had more than sufficient strength to take what we desired from the equines. I request that you bring such doubts to me prior to such additions should we choose to repeat this endeavor in the future. Phaeron Imotekh demanded that the fourth alicorn psyker be let go as part of his price, and I was in no position to object to him. I regrettably cannot complete the Fall of Canterlot set, to my enduring sadness. Alas, I fear my display shall forever be unfinished. Still, I cannot fault the Phaeron’s strategy, nor can I debate his results. We took the planet in 23% less time than my most optimistic projections, and claimed thousands of specimens for our respective purposes.

Meanwhile, I have not forgotten our bargain. Along with this missive you will find an attached package, bearing all the Eldar specimens I captured in stasis at the Fifth Battle of Ynethor IV. Of course, why you chose to ask for all the Eldar captured in stasis at a battle between the Orks and the Imperium of Man is rather a mystery to me. From my limited perspective, I would have felt that the Eldar captured at Fifth Battle of Yethor IV, at which I was actually present, would have been the superior choice. Nonetheless, I am certain you had your reasons. I bid you happy experimentation and I sincerely look forward to our next encounter.

-Trazyn the Infinite

Author's Note:

Just a little bonus for all my faithful readers, which should hopefully answer a few of your questions.

Comments ( 105 )

I can hear him squeeing with joy all the way from here

Trazyn, you magnificent trolly bastard.

What a sir.

4617362
Yes, Twilight's new position will be explained in the prologue of the sequel, whenever I get around to it.

4617429
Why yes, he did just arrange the extermination an entire species just to steal their stuff, and then cheat his partner-in-crime based on a typo that he refrained from correcting at the start of their arrangement. Why do you ask?

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113883/2494680-trollnecron.jpg

Well this explains a lot!

Trazyn is best villain. I hear he's trying to get in on the weekly poker game between the Emperor, Tzeentch, Cegorach, and Eldrad Ulthuan. Eldrad seems dead now, so there might be a spot open.

I shall be slightly disappointed if you do a sequel and Twilight doesn't show up as a magic slinging, cigar chomping, ass whuppin' fusion of Ursarkar "the E is for Tactical Genius" Creed and Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken.

Proposed line for Ms. Sparkle: "On your feet, trooper! You weren't using that arm anyway! Celestia damn it, those metal bastards aren't going to kill themselves!"

4617869
I'd personally prefer not to see Twilight with a cigar. She doesn't need that to be a badass.

Trazyn is best Necron by far, his trolly ways are truly manifold and incomprehensible to us mere mortals.


4617869
I would see Twilight in the role of an monstrously powerful sanctioned Xeno Psyker of the Ordo Xenos who KNOWS that she is magnitudes more powerful than anything the imperials could whip up against her in a hurry but is completely loyal to the Inquisitor she serves. Maybe the Inquisitor isn't even treating her as just a tool.

Awesome Epilogue! Can't wait for the sequel! :pinkiehappy:

4617869 Agreed! :twilightsheepish: Though the following line would work better:
:twilightangry2: "Get up, soldier! 78% of your body are still functioning and the rest has been cauterized. For Canterlooot!!!"

What the hell did Trazyn offer Imotekh to get him to lead the assault against a completely inferior opponent. I really hope if you do a squeal that the Silent king and the Triarch take Trazyn and Szeras to task.

4618197
Read it more carefully. Trazyn didn't offer Imotekh anything. Illuminor Szeras recruited him without Trazyn's knowledge or consent, probably by selling his skills at weapon upgrades.

Trazyn and Imotekh aren't exactly on good terms ever since he tried to loot the Stormlord's staff.

4618311 4617869 4617921 4617943
You inspired me to some fanart :pinkiehappy:
d.facdn.net/art/rakaziel/1404083583.rakaziel_twilight.jpg
The version in the lower left is Creed/Straken,
the version in the upper right is how I actually imagine her.

4617943

I would see Twilight in the role of an monstrously powerful sanctioned Xeno Psyker of the Ordo Xenos who KNOWS that she is magnitudes more powerful than anything the imperials could whip up against her in a hurry

Unless there is a Culexus assassin always on standby to take her out should someone higher up says she has to go. And regardless, there are many powerful psykers, like Mephiston of the Blood Angels, or Varro Tigurius of the Ultramarines. And then you have the ultimate dick that is Eldrad.

And if all else fails, Creed can have a Scout Titan pop up from the bush she is next to.

4618509
Keyword being "whip up in a hurry" you cant just go ahead and call Mephiston or Tigurius to battle your rouge xeno psyker, even if you are an inquisitor.
Eldrad would never engage directly in combat with something without at least two decades of dicking around and also he is kind of dead or something (you can never know for sure).

The culexus assasin is a certain possibility but i doubt that anyone outside the inquisitor his minions and his superiors, probably all raging radicals, even know about her existence so its a rather slim chance that some kind of order from above comes to terminate her.

4618543

True, true.

I just don't want to see Twilight get Matt Wardian plot armor and be all, 'Lol, I'm moar powerful than even the Emprah."

Although it's possible that whatever Inquisitor she is with also has a Culexus Assassin assigned to them. That is certainly possible.

And with Eldrad, he is just leaning back in his chair/floating in the Warp going "Just as planned."

WHY DO THESE UPDATES ALWAYS COME OUT WHEN I'M ASLEEP!!!
I always fell like I missed something.

Anyway, I now find it hard to imagine Szeras working with Trazyn ever again, and it looks like the Inquisition is going to take another trip to Trazyn's museum again, perhaps they will gift him with yet another few regiments of Guardsmen, his collection always needs widening out.

4618593
Considering this fic was about her entire planet, alicorns included, getting wiped out and her subsequent mental issues, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Imotekh trashed her pretty quickly, you'll recall. Even with some upgrades and training, I don't think our little xeno will be challenging the Emperor any time soon.

But she is powerful, has a standing grudge against the Imperium's enemy, and literally has no one else to turn to. Why throw a potential asset away?

4618543 I highly doubt that if Twilight was that powerful that the inquisition would not have a Culexus Assassin nearby at all times, the inquisition is notoriously paranoid.

4618622

You'd be surprised at how many authors who write crossovers tend to choose 'sides'.
As in, decide that Twilight is teh most powahful pretty sparky alicorn princess, and the grimdark horrors of the 40k universe can suck it, along with what ever other universe an author decides to use.

Which really isn't surprising, considering this is a site for MLP stories, but still.

I'm just glad you aren't one of those authors.
Someone can try and claim that you are in fact making the 40k elements in your story too powerful.
That someone is either too much of a rabid fan of MLP to see ponies outmatched, or they have never read up on 40k lore.

4618652
It was planet of peaceful ponies (with added alliterative appeal) against a legion of implacable zombie murder-bots. There really was only one way it could end.

But that doesn't mean that Twilight isn't, for instance, far stronger than your average psyker. And with more control and far less chance of daemon possession included, there's no reason she couldn't serve ably if she had the proper attitude.

As to favoring one side of the crossover over the other, I would say this favored 40K a bit much. The ideal goal of a crossover is to put two settings together and come out with something new. Not something that's added a footnote among millions to one half of the crossover but is mainly sticking to the status quo. Too much of the grimderp, not enough Ciaphas Cain style stuff. Though that's more a problem with the setting than anything.

Hilariously, I imagine the Inquisitor was feeling as much aggravation as I was at it Twilight's chapterly relapses. "Oh great, not this again!".


I am however, in spite of that, eagerly awaiting the next installment. In the show when she had her house wrecked, she went to town on Tirek. Now that everyone's dead, something rather worse, she's going to likely be focusing that much greater degree of hate and focus on getting revenge. I am imagining whoever's put in charge of her constantly having to give the "That's not cost efficient nor practical" lecture on why this means of death is impractical to their targets at hand and hoof.


You know, in terms of tabletop mechanics, one could easily argue WS3 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I4 A3 LD7 as a baseline minimum for the average fit Equestrian.

The Imperium would actually love to get their hands on Equestrians as ground troops. Show canon has them at SM+ strength and speed feats easy. Discord is obviously Malal.

Twilight also might still have access to (Demi) Equestrian support, assuming Trazyn didn't learn about the mirror. I'm sure a former student of Celestias would want some pay back once she learns what has happened. But if he does have the mirror, he had best have someone watching it at all times other wise a powerful little unicorn might come through and loose chaos upon his collection.

4618976 These two are polar opposites in terms of mood, going for something directly in the middle would be catastrophic for both universes, and Ciaphas Cain is still pretty dam dark, it just uses that dark tone to make the comedy stand out even more. Not to mention that old rhetoric about humans laughing to stave of danger. But I can still see your point, this does focus more on the 40k that MLP.

one could easily argue WS3 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I4 A3 LD7 as a baseline minimum for the average fit Equestrian.

What?
Ok firstly, how would they have A3? That would make an average equestrian stronger than a space marine. And given the way the Equestrian's typically respond to threats, I'd put their average leadership 3 or 4, I mean these guys panicked at a bunny stampede. Toughness 4? Ehh maybe, S4, only for the earth ponies. WS3? BS3? That's as good as a trained human soldier, WS2 and BS2 would be better, or even 1's since the average fit equestrian would have no combat experience. I4? No, equestrians have never shown greater reflexes than an average human, which is I3. Remember that the Elements of Harmony are hardly the average equestrians.

Earth pony
cavalry WS3 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I3 A2 LD7 + Furious charge
Pegasus
Jump infantry WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A2 LD7 + Hit and run + Hammer of Wrath is S5
Unicorns
Infantry WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A2 LD7 + Mastery level 1 (upgradeable to ML2)

4621617
What is Alicorn?

4623256
WS 10 BS 10 S 10 T 10 W 10 I 10 A 10 LD 10 + Magic Giga-Lazorbeam
:pinkiecrazy:

4617869 That's Colonel "I kill unknown undead xeno robots with a mean look" Straken for you:pinkiehappy:
(http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Straken#Nicknames_Of_Straken)

So, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Discord and several other Equestrian beings are still alive? Please do tell me they get rescued in the sequel.

4621617
would this be before or after military training? I know it is a silly question, but I just want to clarify that these aren't conscript stats.

4621617
I think you seriously overestimate the ponies. They are not warriors. Their conception of weaponry is pie catapults. They flee in the face of bunny stampedes. They are peaceful to a fault, and do not even seem to have the stomach for killing the worst of the worst.

Against this was arrayed an army of undying robots equipped with some of most advanced military technology ever developed. Knowing neither fear nor mercy, achieving complete surprise (for why should the ponies have expected them), and led by one of the galaxy's greatest generals. Equestria stood very little chance, and what slim hope it did have relied entirely on a narrow cadre of super-beings and magical artifacts rather than any resistance the civilian population would be capable of.

4623256
Jump cavalry WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W3 I4 A4 LD10 Eternal warrior, It will not die, Mastery level 3 (upgradable to 4), Can use sanctic psychic powers like grey knigts
Celestia counts as armed with photon grenades and can use a solar pulse like ability to turn night fighting into day for her turn Chooses powers from Santic, Piromancy and Divination
Luna has shrouded, fear and night vision Chooses powers from Santic, Biomancy and Telepathy
Cadence has Prefered Enemy and generates powers from Santic and Telepathy
Twilight gets the primaris power for free for every discipline she generates powers from . The gets powers from Santic , Telepathy and Telekinesis
Shining Armour is like a Mastery level 2 unicorn but with W2 , LD9 and he always has the power telekine dome and it only cost warp charge 1 to cast for him. He generates from Telekinesis

4630610
Now that is a far better answer than the other dude. But explain why Cadence gets prefered enemy.

4630928
Ability to manipulate emotions.

Discord
Jump Monstrous Creature WS4 BS4 S6 T6 W3 I4 A3 Ld10 Eternal warrior, It will not die, Feel no pain, Fear,

Impossible biology : Discord has a 4+ invulnerable save

Reality warper: before deployment roll for diferent two powers on the chart below.
1.Writhing Worldscape (For the enemy all difficult terrain is dangerous and already dangerous terrain is failed on a 1 and 2)
2. Touch of Uncreation: Close combat attacks have armourbane and fleshbane
3.Gale of Madness ; R:template ST8 Ap1 Wounds against leadership not toughness
4.Corruptor: At the begining of the assault phase pick a random model in base contact. This model makes a Ld test on 3d6. If it fails it inflicts 3d hits with a weapon chosen by the controlling player on it's own unit or itself if he's alone. The model can't attack in that round of combat.
5.Chaos blast: R:24 ST 2d6 Ap4 Assault 1, Blast If a 11 or 12 is rolled the ST is 10 and it becomes a Large Blast
6. Emergency teleport : the first time Discord is slain he is put in ongoing reserve with a single wound remaining

Trazyn. Internet troll infused with powers of immortality.

Great, just great,

Can't wait for the sequel :raritywink:.

4619916

Internet was out for a few days, so this is late.

I should clarify: I was thinking more a trained force, and taking overall racial feats across the four seasons. Most Equestrians aren't trained(or experienced) in combat nor used to combat. The ones that are though are actually rather dangerous. The Main 6 aren't exceptions.

Simply going off of the physical feats however, I will simply say this:

The average athletic Equestrian could, with a little bit of training, mangle a lot of fictional warriors and soldiers.

Take, for instance, the CMC. As silly as it might initially seem, they could physically kill humans without much effort. Scootaloo can kick a bowling ball so hard it ricochets like a ping pong ball. The three of them together punted Bab's through the wall of their float, which if you look at the screenshots for the scene, were a couple of inches of layered plywood.

Earth Ponies, be they main characters or otherwise, are freakishly strong. Cheerilee, though under the effects of a drug, still bashed down an entire wall and door frame(Generally rather strong parts of a house). Similar materials meanwhile over in Appleloosa stood up to a much larger buffalo running into it headfirst with little more than cracks.
i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/DeAtHmArE/Hearts%20and%20Hooves%20Day/Cheerilee-9.gif

i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/DeAtHmArE/Over%20a%20Barrel/Ouch.gif

Pinkie can lift a multi ton boulder over her head like it's not there. Maude, a supporting background character, can chunk a rock hard enough to cause a low triple digit ton-low kiloton explosion.

A pie thrown from that kind of being might as well be a weapon.

Wonderbolts consider supersonic to be cruise speed(Two cases of supersonic in the show from wonderbolts: Hurricane Fluttershy, Spitfire has a mach cone when coming from Cloudsdale; and Rainbow Falls(I think) where there's the sonic boom when they show up. They and Rainbow also aren't exclusively the best out there, as shown by Lightning Dust(Who shows by presence there's a trend of rare but existent high end pegasi). Pegasi can also, on their own, create tornadoes and other weather effects that do things from toss to shatter trees. The more pegasi involved the more destructive the effects.

Rainbow, being high end for a pegasus, can chew a barn apart with her teeth and dismantle 2-4 foot thick trees by accidentally crashing into them, nevermind kicking them down.

Unicorns, the physically weakest of the three tribes, can still expect to haul around over a ton of rock on their backs. (Winter Wrap Up: Applejack mentions Twilight was awfully strong for such a little pony[implying outside of standardized flash designs, Twilight's smaller than average?]. Twilight was having a lot of trouble with a plow the other Earth ponies were managing just fine.) Twilight can still cart Tom around, who is at least a cubic meter of stone, which is roughly a ton. Rarity can break stone with her hooves as well. Rainbow can chunk a rock her size over a small, but still large, pond. Maude can do the tank killing nuclear rock toss.

Of the Main 6(and other random ponies), there's also a lot of scenes of them moving fast enough to appear as vanishing blurs.

i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/DeAtHmArE/Sweet%20and%20Elite/Party-4.gif

i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/DeAtHmArE/Magic%20Duel/Twilight-6.gif

Imagine a Guardsman surviving that level of impact and speed change.

There's an absolute ton of instances throughout the show of Equestrians pulling off some rather hilarious feats of durability and strength(Though I don't have gifs for a lot of them). The main thing is that it's rather consistent through all four seasons. For background ponies as well as main characters.


Also, if one also takes the comics into account, pegasi can survive fireworks explosions that cause similar effects on houses to AAA 155mm HE rounds(and also melt nails) and walk it off with varying levels of injury.

Season 4's ending doesn't actually dissuade this slow trend of increasing hilarity in the series either.


Oh, and Dragons: Say you added them in. House sized creature that's able to bathe in and drink lava. Said creatures are seemingly threatened by each others flames(Ergo, dragonfire is hotter than lava). Said creatures can eat everything up to diamonds, and possible beyond. Could gnaw tanks apart if they didn't feel like simply melting entire platoons from above.


So yes, within the 40K tabletop's game mechanics(Which have a degree of fudge factor), and by pure physical feats alone, Equestrians could easily be seen as matching up against SM's in some regards.(Mechanics OR Fluff.) The faster and more prepared of them could absolutely wreck things as well.

Now give them training and armor and weapons. Like Imperial support.

You have a strike force that can run at highway speeds cross country, haul several times their own weight with ease, hit(or be hit) with the force of a speeding moterbike and walk it off like nothing, fly at a few hundred miles per hour(One could easily argue 30-340 mph for average cruising speeds from pegasi, supersonic+ for the high enders.), Use reality warping magic(Though while the show presents advanced magical use outside of a few core spells as something more equivalent to a high end degree, one could still teach any off the street unicorn, say, a fireball spell or something nastier like "Want it Need it/Transmute bodypart to other"), throw and tackle each other through trees, etc etc.

The Imperials would love them. Or, at least, certain non grimderp depictions of them would. Hard to distinguish between the different series within the setting. Some are decidedly dumb beyond all reason.

4648515 Well that's long, so expect this response to be long too.

1. Many of your examples are still extremes. That love potion was first and foremost, a potion, so it would be very easy for the majority of that strength to have been from magic as opposed to just being a performance enhancing drug.

2. Pinkie Pie breaks reality on a daily basis, and Maud shows such a heavy interest in rocks that it'd stand to reason that the rock throwing was the result of her special talent, presumably rocks (do we ever see her cutie mark?)

3. Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't the wonderbolts the best fliers in all of equstria? Given that the 4th season finale essentially stated that the pegasi get their flight enhanced from magic, it wouldn't be hard to believe that not many other pegasi could reach those kinds of speeds, remember, we haven't seen any other ponies aside from the wonderbolts, Lightingdust, and of course, Rainbowdash break those speed.

4. Rairity was under the effects of Discords magic when breaking that stone, and Discord breaks reality as a pastime. Not to mention ponies in general have shown a rather wide range of strength feats from rather weak, to pretty darn strong. After all I fail to see how Twilight could carry over a ton of boulders over her back and then not move that plough, unless the writers don't care much for continuity in the physical strength of the ponies.

5. The ponies have often moved in very fast blurs, but just as often they have been in situations where they should have moved in fast blurs but didn't, (A Canterlot Wedding) leading me to classify that as cartoon logic, and I don't use Cartoon logic in these measurements, for obvious reasons I should hope.

6. Events and details from the comics are regularly broken by the actual show, nothing from them can be put into concrete or even durable fact until it is confirmed by the Show.

7. I got nothing for that, I will concede that the ponies do have amazing and hilarious amounts of strength and durability.

Not to mention compare many of the things the ponies do to what a Space marine could do, a Space marine could easily tear apart the Apples flimsy barn with their bear (I think I spelt that wrong) hands. And their military forces have yet to show any actual use of even simple competence, as they are almost always wiped out immediately in any conflict they get involved in, scratch that, always wiped out. Those are actual trained ponies, and they get beaten badly.

So, I still say there is no way an average trained equestrian could be better that a Superhuman Space Marine.

Give the ponies some equipment, proper 40k equipment, and sure they could be a competent military force, especially the unicorns, but against space marines? They fall sort, with equipment and the like they might be better than the Imperial guard, but then you still have to find a way to give them that stuff, not to mention the costs of training some possibly unreliable allies would most certainly not be worth it for most 40k races.

4650563

Ooh! Fun discussion! Only have a little time at the moment though.(Also, Snake Staff, if this bugs you tell us to take it to PM's please!)

Now, in no particular order, some responses.

One thing to note is that if there's one consistency with low end Earth Pony(maybe for all tribes?) showings, it's their hind leg upward-pull-lifting ability. Applejack and Pinkie both were stuck with just a small boulder each on two separate episodes. Meanwhile, lifting and pulling and pushing power remains massive.(I imagine it's how in real life, you can be really strong in one area for muscle power, but weak in another simply by not exercising the correct way. Like, say, always doing pull ups but never doing push ups.)


Next, in regards to the Wonderbolts, Lightning and Rainbow. It's not that there's liable to be a lot of them, but simply that combined, they represent a sample base that shows there's a small but significant number of high end pegasi liable to be out there. Where there's one, there might be two. With a decent sized team, a recruitment camp, and one(technically two with Rainbow) known equivalent and unaffiliated powerhouse's(Lightning), then it's reasonable to claim that there could very well be a decent percentage of the pegasus population who are, (Or, just as importantly, could become) Wonderbolt level.

As to the movement speeds: It's true that half the time they seem to be moving at "Blink and you miss it" speeds, and the other time a meager 20-30mph. On the other hand, the show is consistent across all four seasons. One could give a bit of a stretch and say that in many cases it's simply from their point of view. After all, there's many plot points in the episodes that require ponies to be fast; Be it the cart chase in the desert between the six, to the ponies in season 1 hauling the train, to random Pegasi moving fast enough to create a tornado. Or even pegasi being considered viable alternatives to trains.

That might be pushing it though. Of course, for just one example, Secret of my Excess has that interesting little scene when those(Cheerilee and someone someone I forget) two collide head on running with each other only two recover, look up, and doge out of the way of Spike's foot all in less than a second. Screencap gifs are fun.

As to Space Marines, they are the best of the best. Their training and experience, nevermind gear, would hopelessly outclass most Equestrians. I did however say that in some regards Equestrians could match up. While not in experience or skill, but physical ability, mobility, and sheer destructive capability. Which isn't new for SM's, but hey.

Something hilarious to think about: Pegasi with battle harnesses loaded with lasguns and lightweight armor. Think Warthunder's 2013 april first joke(Youtube it, it's great), but with a better flight model.

4652293 What do you mean no order, THERE MUST BE AN ORDER, I CAN'T READ WITHOUT ORDER!

Anyways in regards to Earth pony strength, yeah sure, I agree that an Earth pony could very well be as strong as a space marine, they do some pretty crazy things and besides, they have Earth pony magic (Proven in Twilights Kingdom!) to help them out there.

Lightning and rainbow remember are only two out of about, I think its eight, in recruits, and given that those are merely the ones who believe that they could be wonderbolts, I'd say that that percentage is Quite small.

In the movement speeds, there are still moments where it would be best for them to move at the blink speed, but they clearly don't, like when they're running from the Hydra in Feeling Pinkie Keen, you can see them running from an outside perspective, and they still aren't running very fast.

Next to a space marine, your original stats placed the average Equestrian at equal to or stronger than a space marine in every regard, which I simply had to call bull on, in regards to their strength, Earth ponies could match, and the ponies in general do show an incredible amount of toughness, but everywhere else? No, a Space marine would outmatch a pony in those areas.

I personally find the mental image of Pegasi flying alongside tau battlesuit's wielding custom pulse rifles to be more hilarious, but maybe that's just me.

Clever.
Really clever.
To use a Inccubus as a cover picture, plus using the terror methods to make us think the "Dark Ones" were Dark Eldar but then BAMM! it had been the frakking Necrons all along!
Well played.

4661879
Thanks! :twilightblush:

I will admit I worried I had given the game away when Kylara mentioned that she was from Damnos. You know, as in:

blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/Fall-of-Damnos.jpg

But no one seemed to notice my little tidbit there. Ah well.

TRAZYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

4661936
My pleasure.^^
To be honest, I don´t keep up with all those novels Dark Library is blasting out. Plus it is to damn expensive to let them all be shipped over the pond (if you have not guessed it, I life in lil´ol´ Germany) and English-to-German translation generaly tends to kill the quality big time.

That aside, I am still curious how a story with Dark Eldar written by you would be like, given how damn well you captured the very nature of the Inquisition and the Necrons around *shudder* Imhotep and Trazyn (seriously, whoever came up with the idea of Necron Lords with actual personalyties deserved Arco Flagelation. Twice!!!).

4662216
Hmmm... If I were writing an actual Dark Eldar story, it would most likely be a oneshot. They're like the fey creatures that come out in the darkness, only to vanish at dawn's first light.

It would be first person, I think. Featuring a little pony (probably not Twilight) caught in a demented maze. She was snatched out of her bed in the dead of night for no reason that she can think of, then plunged into some spikey black hell where horrible creatures on two legs chase her, striking her over and over with spines and poisoned darts. She'd see sights no creature was meant to see as she desperately tried to find some way home. The final section would be from the perspective of her pursuers, who would end the chase with an artistic head-shot when she became boring. Then they'd grab some other unlucky sod from the cages and do it all over again.

It would have the Gore tag, naturally.

4662280
Yes, that are the Eladrith Yennas for your. Sounds like something straight from the Dark Eldar Codex, I would def read that.^^

4662361
I don't think I'll actually be doing that for some time, if ever, but that's the first idea that pops into my brain when I think of a Dark Eldar/MLP story. But I did consciously set out to make them out as the probable culprits here until the last possible second. And from the looks of it, I did a pretty decent job.

4663233
That image link is broken, btw.

4663039
Not to me. I have no prior experience with Warhammer 40K.

Login or register to comment