• Published 16th Oct 2011
  • 3,632 Views, 118 Comments

A Comet's Tale - Parakalo



When star-crossed Comet tries to settle down in Ponyville, he finds it more difficult than expected.

  • ...
5
 118
 3,632

A Note of Apology and Things

Some of my loyal readers are going to be in for a bit of a whirl at reading this...

If you haven't been able to tell, Comet's Tale has been having some difficulty getting off the ground for the past... ..,
... well, months, actually. I have danced around a few reasons why this is: work, school, girlfriend, all very real and viable excuses, but they all are shadows of a truth I have had difficulty facing until now: I simply don't want to.

After a hiatus of writing and retreating to my studies, returning to A Comet's Tale had a feeling similar too... going through a baby book, or visiting your kindergarten class room. My work is juvenile. Infantile, even. Even down at its roots, A Comet's Tale is flawed and poorly thought out. The pacing is jank and my characterization skills are terrible. As some of my commentators (there has been quite a few of you and you know who you are) have put it, I need to put this to bed, write something totally different, and then come back and start over.

I have every intention of doing just that.

Some of you may be disheartened at this, but it's a learning phase and a growing phase. I started A Comet's Tale for the sole purpose of getting my feet wet with writing consistently about a group of characters for longer than a chapter or two, and now that I have done just that, I feel that it is time to put down on paper a piece of work I can come back to and be proud of and have pride in.

Thank you for everything, my loyal readers. My trackers, my followers. You put me on the featured articles board for approximately 20 hours, which is to this day a gift I will cherish for a long, long time. If you aren't too frustrated, though, I would like to turn your attention to something entirely new. Something that nopony may have expected of me before. No characters you know, and (for some of you) no characters you may come to love.

I would like to introduce to you now, The Garden's House

Comments ( 10 )

I think a comets tale is something worthy of being proud of I enjoyed it so much that when it said it updatted I was very excited and I do hope you eventually come back and Finnish the story but until then I'll be wating
-lunadashscratch 12:29am on phone just before going to bed

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :applecry:

Honestly I can understand were your coming from. I have been there myself (However my story was alot less popular and had alot less followers). Still it saddens me to see the first story I ever tracked is now cancelled. Oh well I look forward to reading your future stories.

OK. But could you at least tell us who Comet would have ended up with? Puppy please? :scootangel:

273641 ...It's complicated. Very complicated. You're going to have to wait until I pick the project back up again. Don't worry though, you may find out sooner than you think.

dag yo. Still, I guess theres your upcoming work to be excited about, so its not that bad!

Aww... I was enjoying that... :fluttercry:

.......so can i read someting or what........ALSO i was first thinking that you STOPPED now i see why there wasn't a update. so im happy now, still....i miss the chaper but saw it coming. keep the WRITING coming

I suppose you know my take on all this so I'll just say, good for you. You made a difficult decision and I'm proud of you.:twilightsmile:

277827 Thanks, bro. It means a lot coming from you.

Login or register to comment