• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 1,031 Views, 6 Comments

A Squire's Tale - DVAN56



A Squire's tale of how he tried to become a Knight of the in the Galactic Order by slaying a Star Dragon.

  • ...
5
 6
 1,031

Twilight's Letter

Dear Princess Celestia,

Its been what, a month since that day. The day that monster came and killed Spike. Even now I still hurt thinking about him. I always took him for granted, never truly realizing how much he meant to me till I lost him. He was always there for me, my number one assistant, my little brother. He had so much to live for and it was stolen away from him. It hurt so much, this pain, did you feel the same pain when you sent Luna to the moon a millenia ago?

Then there's the monster. That creature that caused so much pain, suffering, and scars that will never leave me. I still don’t understand why it did it. Why it killed Spike for his heart. What was so special about a dragons heart that would make someone kill for it. The only thing I’m glad about is that it made it quick and painless for him. Something I did not do for the monster… which is why we come to the real reason for this letter.

I lied a month ago. I told you all that I became so enraged that I didn’t even realize what I did till it was over. In fact I was completely coherent. Every action was my choice. Every magic bolt fired, every slam when I tossed its body around like a rag doll, even the brutal death I gave it by ripping it apart from its limbs. And the worst part of it all is that I enjoyed it. I enjoyed every damn second of it. Repaying the monster for the pain he caused was invigorating. It was when it was over and I picked Spike’s heart up that I realized how much of a monster I had become in that moment, and it scared me. I wept out there for that entire day and night not only stricken with grief but fear as well.

But what scares me the most is the answer I come up with every time when I ask myself “Would I become that monster again if something killed another close to me?” And that answer is…

Gladly.

Comments ( 4 )

That creature that caused so much pain, suffering, and scares that will never leave me.

"scares" should be "scars"


Well....Damn!:twilightoops:
I guess the only question remains is: "would Twilight have killed so brutally if she knew the reason?"
.....
I think so.

Am I sick in the head for finding this beautiful?

Login or register to comment