• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 2,223 Views, 26 Comments

(SiC) Part 7- Can You Take Me Back? - Brian Jacko



After much heart ache from their break up, Rainbow Dash refuses to give up hope for Soarin' and feels that she is being called to wait and be patient for him.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,223

Twilight Sparkle's Sin

"No, Pinkie Pie, just because you're getting a crazy Pinkie sense right now doesn't mean that you need to perform a check for any secret trap doors or hidden treasures. This is getting really annoying every time you ask me," Spike said.

Pinkie Pie was shaking like crazy and almost knocked over a bowl of potato chips that was next to her. "I don't know what to say, something major has happened and I can't tell if it's related to the game or not!" Pinkie Pie got out of her seat and began chasing her tail in circles.

Twilight Sparkle used her magic and summoned a helmet onto her head and hid under the table. "You girls might want to take cover. Do you all remember what happened the last time Pinkie Pie was going crazy like this?"

A few moments later the door opened and Rainbow Dash stepped inside.

Twilight peeked her head out. Her two eyes could be seen peering above the table. She took the helmet off and said, "Oh. It's just Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie. No need to act like the earth is going to be destroyed."

"Not just Rainbow Dash," Rainbow said.

"Huh?" Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash grinned a great big smile and called out, "Come on in and meet my friends!"

Soarin' stepped in and everypony gasped.

Twilight Sparkle blinked several times in disbelief. "What's Soarin' doing here, Rainbow?"

"Didn't I tell you that I felt called to wait for him? That was not my crazy emotions, Twilight, but that was God speaking to me."

Twilight shook her head quickly several times and said, "Do you mean to tell me that you're both back together?"

Rainbow Dash wrapped her front leg around Soarin's body and drew him near to her. "Yes!" she exclaimed. "He's mine and he gave his life to Christ today!"

"Oh no!" Twilight Sparkle cried out.

"What's wrong, Twi?" Rainbow asked. "You're not happy for us?"

"No!" Twilight cried out. "That's not it!" Twilight felt tears well up in her eyes and she threw herself to the floor and burrowed her face into her front legs.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin' looked at each other with confusion then walked over to where Twilight was.

All of the other ponies stared at Twilight with confusion.

"Hey Twi, why are you acting like this? There should be celebration and cheering. The Heavens are rejoicing for Soarin'," Rainbow said.

Twilight picked her head up and the ponies saw tears streaming down her face. She was distraught. "I have sinned big time and I have been telling you to not bother with him and forget all about him. Now I have been shown that I was in the wrong and I underestimated God and discouraged you from His will for you. I can't lead this group anymore and I need to step down as our leader. Please, somepony else take charge. I have done so much wrong. Rainbow Dash, tell me to step down as the leader of this group and I will."

Rainbow Dash put her front hoof on Twilight's shoulder and said, "Hey Twi, it's ok. It's not a really big deal to me. I told you that I wasn't going to let your words discourage me because I already felt that God was behind all of this. Let's not forget that Christ is the leader of our group and you're just like a Pastor to us. You made a mistake, but none of us are going to want you to step down because of that, right girls?"

The rest of the ponies agreed.

"Really?" Twilight asked. "I have been given great responsibility with this group and I shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like this. I'm so sorry, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash spread her front legs open and said, "Come on, Twi, get up and lead again. Even the greatest leaders, Kings, and Princesses make mistakes and stumble sometimes. There's no way that I want you to step down from leading our Sisters in Christ group."

Twilight wiped the tears away from her eyes and smiled. She got up and embraced her fellow sister in Christ with a great big hug. "Thank you so much girls. I don't deserve this. I love you all so much and I'll try harder next time!"

Everypony came in for a group hug with Twilight with Rainbow in the middle of it. When they broke free they turned their attention to Soarin'.

Twilight spoke up and said, "So Soarin', how did you end up back with Miss Dash again? What made you realize that Christ is worth following?"

Soarin' looked at her and replied, "I didn't realize just how horrible life would be without her. I'm sure she told you about what had happened between us. After I broke up with Rainbow Dash, I ended up seeing another mare and physically committed adultery with her. After that, I realized how empty and meaningless this relationship was and we quickly broke up. My heart was full of regret and sorrow and I realized just how wrong I was to disrespect Rainbow Dash and I came seeking to find forgiveness from her. I didn't ask to be taken back, nor did I want to be taken back because I felt like I was a disgrace and that God would not allow a pony, who is as pure as her, to be with somepony like me. I told her what had happened and she forgave me and took me back without even thinking about it. I was utterly amazed by this act of forgiveness and love, and I didn't understand how this was even possible. She told me that the love of Christ enables her to forgive and love others unconditionally. Right then and there, I realized that what I thought was a Christian, was just a secular and worldly version of Christianity. I wanted to follow and give my life to this one true God so that I may follow and grow in Rainbow Dash's faith. I also heard that Twilight Sparkle has a group here for ponies struggling with temptations and sin? I need to join this group."

"That's right," Twilight said. "We're a very humble and friendly group of ponies who support each other with prayers and comforting words. We are about building each other up and helping ponies work with God when it comes to overcoming temptations, be it substance abuse, alcohol, sexual temptations, addictions, and many other things."

"I really appreciate that and I will be joining. I have an issue with lust and I don't want it to get in the way of my relationship with Rainbow Dash, or God. I'd lose my mind if I lost her again."

"We're all here for you and you can even stop by my library any time for prayer or to ask questions about the Bible," Twilight said. "Many times, I'm very busy with groups or helping others, but I try to do what I can when it comes to taking time out to help, pray or teach other ponies. Is it ok with you that a mare gives Biblical advice and leads groups? If you want, I know some Christian stallions who are supportive and can really help you here. While my door is always open to help you, I just think you will be more comfortable among your own sex and peers about this issue. It's not a terribly big deal to me and I can help you out either way. I understand that it can be nerve racking to tell a mare in a group about personal lusting problems."

"I want to be taught by you," Soarin' admitted. "Rainbow Dash talks so much about you and your knowledge of the Bible. I trust that she knows what she's talking about and so do you."

Twilight Sparkle blushed a bit at the compliment and said, "Thank you so much. We'll help you out in every way that we can. Thanks for trusting me as well. Hey Soarin', would you like to write a letter to the Princess?"

Soarin' had a rather unsure look on his face. "I don't know. I have never written a letter to the Princess before."

"I'll write it with you," Rainbow said. "I'll go first. Ready, Twilight?"

Twilight Sparkle brought out a quill and a scroll. She got ready to write, but she got distracted when she felt a tug at her tail. She turned around to see Spike looking up at her with sad eyes.

"Can I be useful and write a letter, Twilight?" Spike asked.

Twilight smiled and used her magic to levitate the quill and scroll into Spike's claws. "Sure you can, Spike."

Spike got ready to write and Rainbow Dash began her letter, "Dear Princess Celestia, Today I learned that it's best to never give up hope, and if you feel that God is truly calling you to do something, then you should listen and be patient, no matter what others may think. Something hurt my relationship with Soarin' very badly and we spent some time away, but I refused to move on without him. I waited, prayed, and even fasted for Soarin' no matter what, and he came back. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this stallion and I am so grateful to have him back in my life. There's one certain Bible verse that I learned and it helped me stay strong through this storm. The verse is from the book of Romans and it says, But we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope." Rainbow Dash looked at Soarin' as if to say that she was finished speaking and that it was his turn to speak.

"Dear Princess Celestia, This is Soarin'. I'm still in shock and awed by what has happened today. I hurt Rainbow Dash very badly in the past and I did not respect her morals or her beliefs. I got lost in lust and anger and I was upset because I felt that I somehow deserved her body even though we were not married yet. I didn't understand the value or importance of marriage before and I came back seeking forgiveness because I felt that I needed to at least apologize to her for my wrong doings. I didn't expect her to forgive me and I most certainly didn't expect her to take me back after what I had done and what I had told her what happened between me and my other ex. She not only forgave me, but she took me back without a second thought. I can't figure this all out, but I truly don't deserve somepony as good and as pure as her. I realized that what I thought about Christianity was just a secular and worldly form of it and I didn't really understand much about real Christianity, until the love of Christ showed up to me through Rainbow Dash. I wanted to follow this one true God because I had never seen such love, grace, and forgiveness before and I had never really taken the time to consider how great the sacrifice of Christ was. Rainbow Dash accepted me even though she didn't have to and I gave my life to Christ today. I don't want to be a lukewarm Christian. I want to help show the love of Christ to others." Soarin' put his head down to signify that he was finished.

"And I'd like to add something too," Twilight said. "Dear Princess Celestia, This is Twilight Sparkle speaking. Today I learned that you have to respect others when they tell you that they feel that they are being called by God, even if it sounds ludicrous and unbelievable. I have seen a lot of hurt ponies struggling to move on in support groups when it comes to heartbreak. I felt that Rainbow Dash was in a danger zone by her waiting, fasting, and praying for Soarin'. I thought that all of this was just holding her back from moving on in life. I was blind and I did not see that God was having her do something far more amazing than I could have ever figured out. I felt terrible about what I had said to Rainbow Dash and wanted to step down from our group, but Rainbow Dash forgave me and she and the rest of the girls didn't want me to step down. I am humbled by what has happened and I am so grateful that I have such wonderful friends. All praise and glory belong to Him. The Heavens rejoice for Soarin' because his sins have been washed away by the precious blood of the Lamb. Yours truly, Twilight Sparkle, Soarin', and Rainbow Dash."

Spike finished writing and used his magical dragon fire breath to send the letter away to the Princess. He looked back at the ponies and said, "So it looks like it's time to celebrate." Spike paused for a moment. "Uh oh, have any of you seen Pinkie Pie?"

The door to the library had burst open and Pinkie Pie entered the library with her party cannon. "Surprise!" She yelled out and blasted Rainbow Dash and Soarin' with the canon.

A blast of confetti and party streamers almost knocked them off of their hooves. The couple stood there dazed.

Pinkie Pie ran up to them and wrapped her front legs around them. She drew them closer to herself and began talking as fast as she possibly could. "Oh my gosh, it's the perfect time for a party and we'll have games, food, music, dancing, fun and..."

"Pinkie..." Rainbow Dash interrupted.

"Oh yeah! Sorry," Pinkie said as she bent down and pulled out two party hats and put them on their heads. She also brought out two party horns and shoved them into Soarin's and Rainbow Dash's mouths. "And as I was saying, you're going to have lots and lots of foals and..."

Rainbow Dash spit her party horn out of her mouth and said, "Pinkie! You might want to give us time and let us get married first before that idea can even be considered."

"My bad," Pinkie said. "You can get married first, but we still need to party!" Pinkie Pie giggled madly and bounced around the couple.

Soarin' took out the party horn that was shoved into his mouth. He looked over at Rainbow Dash with a look of extreme worry and confusion on his face.

"Don't worry about Pinkie Pie," Rainbow whispered. "She can be a few apples short of a bushel sometimes, but she means well."

Soarin' smiled a nervous little grin. He had never seen such a crazy and manic pony before.

Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate her little Dungeons and Dragons figurine of her character near Rainbow Dash's face and said, "So does this also mean that you'll be playing Dungeons and Dragons with us again?"

Rainbow grinned a great big smile and said, "Awwww yeah! I've got to get my figurine and I'll be back in action!"

Soarin' stared at the little figurine for a moment and said, "Hey, do you think I can join in your game too?"

"Sure!" Twilight said. "I love to create and write stories, and I can write up a story about how you found us in the game. Rarity makes great sculptures of the figurines and she can create just about anything you can imagine."

"That's fine," Soarin' said. "But I want to model my character very specifically."

"How would you like me to go about that?" Rarity asked.

"I just want to model her after my hero." Soarin' wrapped his front leg around Rainbow and pulled her close to him. "This girl right here."

Rainbow's cheeks blushed. "Aw, come on! I'm not that great!" She paused for a moment and then added, "But I am kind of awesome."

All of Rainbow's friends looked at her with a bit of concern.

Rainbow Dash picked up on their concern and added, "But that's only because of God."

Twilight Sparkle giggled and said, "It sounds like Rainbow Dash has improved with her humility too."

"There's always room to improve when it comes to humility and Rainbow Dash," Applejack said.

Twilight Sparkle glared at Applejack with anger.

"What?!" Applejack said. "I'm just bein' honest!"

"Never mind," Twilight said with a sigh.

Pinkie Pie put on a party hat and positioned it in such a way that it was on top of her forehead. "Look, Twilight Sparkle! I'm a unicorn too!"

"That's really cute, Pinkie Pie," Twilight said as she turned her attention back to Soarin' and Rainbow Dash.

"No, look!" Pinkie Pie said.

Twilight looked back at Pinkie Pie.

The party hat on Pinkie Pie's forehead glowed with magic and she levitated a potato chip in mid air and then ate it. She then giggled madly.

One of Twilight's eyes began twitching at the sight. "Don't try to figure her out. Don't do it, Twilight. Don't," she whispered to herself.

There was an awkward moment of silence for a little while because of what Pinkie Pie had just done, until everyone turned to see that Fluttershy was throwing salt over her left shoulder and they heard her mumbling some words.

"Fluttershy, what exactly are ya doin?" Applejack asked.

"Fluttershy perked up and hid the salt behind her back. "I was, uh, just keeping Satan away because I heard he lurks over our left shoulder since God always talks about the right side."

"You know that's just superstition, right?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, I didn't know that, but it sounded reasonable to me," Fluttershy said.

"Why are you doing that anyway?" Rarity asked.

Fluttershy looked at them with a very serious expression on her face. "Because I thought that God was very angry and was punishing us by having Rainbow Dash go through a really hard time and my animal critter friends were getting sick. I started throwing salt over my left shoulder to counter act all the bad stuff going on and now Rainbow Dash is back with Soarin' and my animal critter friends have been healed recently."

"Why do you think God would be punishing us," Rarity asked.

"It's not obvious?" Fluttershy asked.

Everyone in the room had no idea what Fluttershy was thinking.

"I thought God was punishing us because we started playing Dungeons and Dragons," she admitted.

Everyone in the room started cracking up.

"Hey! What's so funny!?" Fluttershy demanded to know as she put her two front hooves on her hips.

Twilight Sparkle contained her giggling and said, "Fluttershy, we really have to work on your issues with this game." Twilight Sparkle took a party hat from Pinkie Pie and said, "But right now, it's party time!"

The end.

Author's Note:

This is part 7 in the series that I'm doing.

Part 8 can be read here.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/133915/sic-part-8-they-will-know-by-our-love

Comments ( 2 )

I'm not so sure if I can actually call that a sin, but it's close enough. :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment