• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 2,215 Views, 26 Comments

(SiC) Part 7- Can You Take Me Back? - Brian Jacko



After much heart ache from their break up, Rainbow Dash refuses to give up hope for Soarin' and feels that she is being called to wait and be patient for him.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,215

The Rejection

About a week later, Rainbow Dash still hadn't heard from Soarin'. She was getting a little nervous and even though she was a very brave pony who took risks, the idea of visiting him was a little upsetting to her. Still, she had been praying for him and she had hoped that perhaps he may have come to his senses by now. She gathered up her confidence to go see him.

Rainbow Dash paced outside his door for a few moments. She put her front hoof to the door and was about to knock, but she paused for a moment because she was so unsure of how this whole thing would play out. She closed her eyes tightly and knocked loudly on the door. She put her ear next to the door and waited for a moment. There was no sounds that she could hear. Was he even home? Rainbow Dash knocked again and waited. Soarin' must have not been home at this moment. Just as she turned her back to leave, she heard him open the door.

"Dash?" he asked.

She turned around and said, "Hey, Soarin'. Listen, I really hope things have calmed down and we can talk again. I just wanted to come back to tell you that I still love you and that I'll always be loyal to you."

"It's too late, Dash," Soarin' said. "I'm already with another mare and I really don't care about your crazy Christian values. Go find some other pony. I'm not even interested in being friends with you."

"What?! You won't even be friends with me after all we have been through? All of the precious memories that we had made together, you just want to throw it all away in the blink of an eye?"

"I told you, I don't even want to know who you are right now. I'm already with another mare and she actually doesn't have any restrictions when it comes to loving each other."

"I can't believe that you won't even be friends with me anymore," Rainbow Dash said. She couldn't even keep eye contact with him.

"Move on in life and forget about me. I don't even want to remember you. Now leave my house."

Rainbow Dash wanted to say something else, but her heart was crushed by the words of Soarin'. She almost couldn't believe what was heard. Somehow, she managed to say, "I don't know what else to say. I'll still be praying for you."

"Don't bother," he replied. "I don't need your prayers." Soarin' then slammed the door in her face.

Rainbow Dash felt the tears well up in her eyes. Even though she often put on the tough girl act in front of her friends, she was begging to be able to accept that crying was not a form of weakness but that it was actually healthy to cry sometimes. She thrust out her wings and took off to go home. During her flight home she decided to take a small detour and stop by Twilight's library.

Rainbow Dash walked into the library and found that her friends were gathered around a table playing Dungeons and Dragons once more. She had forgotten that today was a holiday and that everypony had off from work, Including Applejack.

Twilight's ears perked up when she heard the door open. She looked up and got excited because maybe Rainbow Dash had come to her senses that what she was doing was a bit nutty and that maybe she would finally join them in their game. "Hey Rainbow! Have you come back to join us again?"

Rainbow Dash shook her head no and wiped a few tears from her eyes. She walked over to the table and took a seat between Applejack and Fluttershy. "I talked to Soarin' today."

"How did it go?" Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow Dash put her head down low and closed her eyes. "He said that he already found another mare and that he doesn't care about my crazy Christian values."

Together, Fluttershy and Applejack gave Rainbow Dash a hug from each side.

"I'm so sorry that it didn't work out, Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said. "If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I have been having some hard times too because my animal friends have been getting sick again."

"We ain't gonna let our sister in Christ stay hurt like this," Applejack said.

"So, have you finally come to your senses? Are you going to let him go now?" Twilight asked.

Rainbow Dash answered her without picking her head up, "No."

"Rainbow, you know there are some really nice stallions at the Church we attend," Twilight said. "Like I said before, Soarin' seems like he was putting on the whole Christian act as a form of something I like to call..." Twilight Sparkle put her two front hooves in the air and gestured as if she were using quotation marks with her two front hooves and finished her sentence, "Spiritual booty call."

Rainbow Dash looked annoyed now and said, "I really don't think he was trying to say that he was a Christian just to woo me. I really think he truly didn't understand and believed what most worldly Christians believe. It's a secular world that we live in and even Churches teach wrong things to try to fit in with what the world believes. Besides, there are plenty of Church whores, prostitutes, and wolves in sheep's clothing who attend Church because that's where predators like to stalk when it comes to finding some of the purist ponies."

"Rainbow, he has another mare friend and I'm sure that his relationship is only going to end in adultery. It's best that you move on. You're not Hosea and I don't think you're going to buy him as a slave just so you can rescue him and marry him. Most mares seem to get over breakups and move on quickly and most stallions tend to take a much longer time when it comes to moving on after a breakup. It's like the total opposite is happening here. You need to move on!"

"If I can't get support for what I feel that I'm being called to do, then I guess I'll just be alone," Rainbow said as she got up and headed over to the door. She stopped and looked back at her friends when she reached the door and opened it. "I'll just ask that you all may pray for me. That's all."

"Oh, I will be praying for you, alright," Twilight said. "I'll be praying that you move on in life."

Rainbow Dash lowered her ears with sadness and left without saying another word. Even though the words of Twilight were very discouraging, she didn't even feel the slightest bit tempted to change her mind. She had a mission and no matter how ridiculous it seemed to others, she was still going to follow through with it. Rainbow Dash spread her wings out and flew home.

"Do you think that maybe you were being a bit too harsh on Rainbow Dash, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight shook her head no and said, "If anything, we need to push her a little more. We could use Applejack to give her a good buck to the backside, literally. I'm not trying to be mean here, I just worry about her getting stuck in the past and then not being able to move forward in life. I have seen this happen countless times with other ponies." Twilight looked at Pinkie Pie. "Ok, Pinkie Pie, it's your turn to roll."