• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 2,223 Views, 26 Comments

(SiC) Part 7- Can You Take Me Back? - Brian Jacko



After much heart ache from their break up, Rainbow Dash refuses to give up hope for Soarin' and feels that she is being called to wait and be patient for him.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,223

Loyalty Never Gives Up

A few months went by and Rainbow Dash was still waiting, praying, and fasting. She figured that she probably lost a lot of muscle and cardiovascular fitness because she hadn't been doing any exercise besides helping clear out the skies of Ponyville. Even though Twilight continued to discourage her about this, she did not lose hope in her heart and she continued to wait. She felt that somehow, someway, they were destined to be together and that Soarin' would come back to her.

Rainbow Dash was sitting by the lake where she got her first kiss. Even though it was frigid cold out, the sun was shining brightly and that kept her warm enough as she soaked in its rays. She was praying now and was so very focused on her prayer. She was praying like this for a long time. She would move her lips as if to say the words that were being thought in her mind, but no sound came out of her mouth. Rainbow Dash thought she felt something tap against her shoulder, but she figured that it was just her imagination and she was so deep in prayer that it barely phased her. She felt two more taps on her shoulder and heard a very familiar voice say her name. She realized that it wasn't her imagination. Her eyes opened up and she turned around. She was met face to face with Soarin'. She froze there in place unable to speak for a moment. Finally, she managed to say, "Soarin'? What are you doing here?"

Soarin' spoke up and said, "Hey Dash, I first went to your home and realized that you weren't there. I decided to come here to spend some time alone, then I noticed you and I have to tell you something. I need to apologize to you. I didn't realize that Christians seriously believed everything that the Bible teaches and I thought that whole waiting for marriage thing was just some kind of joke. I didn't respect you for your morals and beliefs and I have failed miserably. You don't even have to forgive me because I went beyond wrong with what I did."

Rainbow Dash's eyes lit up and she threw her front legs around his body and burrowed her head into his chest. "I forgive you whole heartedly, Soarin'!"

Soarin' did not hug her back. He felt like he couldn't even touch her right now.

Rainbow Dash picked her head back up and asked, "Are you okay, Soarin'? Is there anything that you would like to talk about?" Rainbow Dash let go of him and waited for a response from him.

Soarin' put his head down and said, "No, Dash. I'm not ok. I ended up breaking up with my girlfriend."

"Will you come back to me, Soarin'?" Rainbow asked.

"No," he replied.

Rainbow's ears lowered with sadness. "May I ask why?"

"Because you wouldn't want me if I told you what had happened with me and my ex."

"You don't have to tell me, but if you choose to, I promise not to judge you," she said.

Soarin' was still looking at the ground and he felt that he couldn't even make eye contact with her. "I'm not a virgin anymore. I don't think I have to explain any more than that."

The words crushed Rainbow Dash's heart. She looked down at the ground and watched a tear drop fall off of her nose and fell to the ground.

"So as I was saying. I'm not able to come back to you because of my sins and I don't deserve somepony who is as pure as you. What I had was once beautiful and I gave you up for my own selfish desire."

Rainbow Dash looked up and said, "Soarin', look at me."

Soarin' slowly picked his head up and looked into her eyes. His face spoke of pain, sorrow, and deep regret.

"That hurts me so very much to hear that, but I want to tell you something," Rainbow said.

Soarin' mentally prepared himself and expected a barrage of harsh and judgmental words to come out of her mouth.

"I still want you back," Rainbow said.

Soarin' was shocked at her confession. "But Rainbow Dash, doesn't your God not allow us to marry because of the sin that I have committed? Didn't you once tell me that without marriage in mind, dating is completely pointless?"

"I did say that, but that still doesn't take away the fact that I love you and couples can still marry even if one partner has physically lost their virginity on purpose. I already told you that I had committed adultery in my heart with you. Christ has accepted me and loves me regardless of my sins. He has lovingly accepted me despite what I have done, and I want to show you the kind of love and acceptance that He has shown me."

Soarin' had no words because he had never seen such beauty, grace, and forgiveness displayed in a pony before.

Rainbow Dash spread her front legs out for a hug and said, "I'll take you back, Soarin'. I'll take you back. Come here."

Tears welled up in Soarin's eyes as he embraced her with a hug. "I don't understand how this is even happening. I still have so many issues."

"You don't have to understand. The only reason I can do this is because of what Christ has done for me and I don't think I'll ever be able to figure out just how great His love and sacrifice was."

They both embraced each other and the heat from their bodies warmed them up from the cold air. Nothing was said between them for a moment. The warm hug that they both enjoyed was enough.

When they broke free, Soarin' looked at Rainbow and said, "Truly, if this God can create such a loving and forgiving pony like you, then I think I would like to follow this God with all of my heart. I've heard about Him and have said that I followed Him, but really, I don't know much about what the Christian life is supposed to be like. I am amazed by you, and your God. Tell me, what must I do to become a real Christian?"

"It's a very personal walk with God. I haven't really shared my personal prayers or my own walk with you because we aren't united as a married couple yet. You can start by surrendering your life to Christ and telling Him about how you feel. Would you like to do that now?"

"Yes," Soarin' said. "I want to know Him and this amazing grace."

Rainbow Dash got low to the ground and put her two front hooves together.

"Why are you almost prone to the ground when you pray? Do I need to do that every time I pray too?"

Rainbow smiled and said, "No. Sometimes I'll pray with my eyes open or I'll just start talking to God out loud as I'm going for a walk. This is just a traditional thing because ponies bow down to Kings and Princesses as an act of respect, and Christ is truly the King of all Kings. It's an act of humility. It's amazing that such a Holy and perfect God allows sinners to come before Him and communicate with Him in prayer. We shouldn't even have the right to do this."

Soarin' got down low next to her as she began to pray. "Dear, Heavenly Father, I have been praying and hoping that Soarin' would come back to me. I felt as if You were the one telling me to wait for him and I thank You so much that he's back. I pray that You may teach him and lead him into a life that is Godly and pleasing to You. We need to stay strong as a couple and not give into adultery."

Soarin' picked up on the silence when he realized that Rainbow Dash was done speaking.

Soarin' cleared his throat and said, "This is going to be awkward for me because I haven't really prayed before. I first need to thank You for the love and sacrifice that You have done for us and I thank You so much for giving Rainbow Dash such a loving and forgiving heart. None of this makes any sense to me, but Rainbow Dash said that I don't have to worry about it. I'd like to surrender my life to You and have what Rainbow Dash has. I struggle with lust and if anyone can help me get through this, it's You. In Jesus' name I pray, amen." Soarin' picked his head up and looked at Rainbow. "When I saw you at the beach, something inside me told me that you were not of this world. I really believe that now. You're like an Angel or something."

"I'm no Angel," Rainbow responded. "I'm just a simple Pegasus pony inspired by the love of Christ. I screw up badly at times too and I have quite a history of being arrogant and hot headed as well. Sometimes I still let my pride get the better of me. This is one reason why I pray while being prone on the ground because it helps to remind me that life isn't about me or how well I can play my sports or games, but I'm created to give glory to God and so are you."

"So is this it? Are we really back together?" Soarin' asked. "I'm still having trouble believing that this is all real."

Rainbow perked up with a smile and said, "Of course we're back together! I told you that I didn't represent the element of loyalty for nothing!" Rainbow noticed the tree behind Soarin'. "Hey Soarin', I have a surprise for you, but you have to close your eyes, ok?"

"Sure, Dash," Soarin' said as he closed his eyes.

Rainbow Dash stood on her hind legs and pushed him back against the tree. She pinned him there with her two front hooves and then kissed him passionately.

Soarin' didn't expect this, but when he realized what happened, he embraced her and put one of his front hooves behind her head and the other front hoof on her chest.

Rainbow Dash pulled away and said, "I have missed your kiss for so long."

"Thanks for the kiss, Dash. We kissed exactly in the same spot where we first kissed. I have missed your kiss and you for the longest time. Thanks again for taking me back."

Rainbow Dash grabbed him by his front hoof and pulled. "Come on! I need to tell the girls what happened!"

Soarin' didn't budge.

"What's the matter? Don't you want to celebrate that we're back together?" Rainbow asked.

"I think I need to take care of some matters first," he admitted. "You can come with me if you want."

Rainbow Dash had no idea what he was talking about, but followed him because she was curious.