• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,303 Views, 9 Comments

I have to admit something - JazzyFeather



Spitfire gets to know a purple Earth pony, perhaps a bit more then she knew.

  • ...
7
 9
 1,303

Chapter 1

I HAVE TO ADMIT SOMETHING

BY

JAZZYFEATHER

The cool winter wind made her firey mane flutter wildly in the air as she tried to stand as still as possible for her yearly profile picture. "Could somepony try and make that wind calm down, her mane as all over her face again. The camera pony sighed "sorry Spitfire. The weather isn't working with us today."

Spitfire nodded to the camera pony and just said calmly "Can i get out of this stupid pose now?" "OH!" the camera pony exclaimed "yeah, sure. We're not going to get much done now anyway." "Thank you." She said with a smirk and tucked her wings neatly to her side. These sort of things always tired her out, more then she actually liked to admit herself.

She sighed and walked over to the buffet, that was so generously provided by the company doing her photo shoot.

She leaned down to grab a kiwi, when suddenly a purple mare with pink and light pink mane approached her. "Excuse me, miss." "WOAH!" Spitfire yelped and jumped a bit. "Oh sorry, i didn't mean to scare you. I'm Cherilee by the way." the purple mare said with a smile and extended her hoof to Spitfire. Who was now hovering in the air.

"Pleased to meet you miss Cherilee." Spitfire shaked her hoof and gently landed on the ground besides her and said with a smirk on her face "I wasn't scared by the way.". Cherilee giggled and nudged her "I'm sure you weren't, anyway i was wondering if you would give me an autograph. It's for my little sister? she's a huuuggggeeee fan."

Spitfire hoofed out a photo of herself from her mane and signed it. "To my biggest fan, XOXO Spitfire." she hoofed the picture to Cherilee "Here you go miss." "Thanks a lot miss Spitfire." Spitfire smiled to Cherilee and trotted back to posing for the picture. "Since you're already here, you're welcome to stay Cherilee."

"Uh...thanks Miss, but i must be going. Maybe i'll catch you around sometime." Cherilee smiled to Spitfire and trotted away, back towards her cottage. Spitfire found herself a bit lost in her mind as she watched as Cherilee trotted away.

When suddenly the camera Pony waves a hoof in front of her face. "Spitfire...Spitfire!" "Huh?" Spitfire shaked her head and looked a little confused at the pony. "We need to finish the shoot, we're losing daylight...so if you wouldn't mind." Spitfire nodded and did as she was asked to, trying to finish the shoot as fast as possible.

She still wasn't able to get Cherilee out of her head, was it the way she walked, talked, or simply the contrast...who knows really. But the fact was that Cherilee was still on her mind. After what felt like hours, but was in all honestly only 30 minutes. Spitfire was finishing up her photoshoot. "Man, that felt longer then usual. Didn't it?" Spitfire asked the camera pony, who was packing up his stuff.

"No, not really. We've only been here around 20 minutes or so." "Wow!...really?" The camera pony nodded and looked at Spitfire. "I guess time flies when you're having fun!" Spitfire chuckled. "Fun for you miss Spitfire, not so much for me. Anyway, got any plans for the day?"

"No, i thought i would explore more of the town. Couch doesn't let me spend too much time outside the compound, except for stuff like this." As the crew started to leave they removed the backdrop Spitfire had been posing in front of and revealed Cherilee glaring at her. "WoAH!" Spitfire yelped and jumped back a bit.

"Finally finished?...you've kept the foals out of school all day." Cherilee said, quite angry of the fact. "Sorry about that miss Cherilee, how about i make it up to you?" Cherilee broke back into her normal demeanor "what did you have in mind miss Spitfire?" Spitfire smiled and walked up to Cherilee. "Dinner, you and me. I'll pay and all."

"How wonderful, let me just get my bags." Cherilee smiled and trotted back into the schoolhouse. As she did, Spitfire glanced at her flank. After a few minutes Cherilee came trotting back out wearing her green saddlebags, she trotted up to Spitfire who was hovering beside a tree.

"Ready to go miss?" Spitfire flew down next to her "You bet!" she said and smiled to Cherilee before they both trotted towards the center of Ponyville. There seemed to be an awkward silence as they trotted, one which Cherilee couldn't stand. So she decided to small-talk with Spitfire.

"So, do you do any dancing miss Spitfire?" Spitfire chuckled lightly as she responded "Please just stop with the miss, and yeah i've been known to dance." "Oh!, what kind of dancing miss...er just Spitfire" Cherilee giggled at her own forgetfulness. "Mostly random dancing at parties, i can't remember all the fancy names of those dances."

Cherilee looked at Spitfire for a second with a puzzling expression then just continued trotting. The silence once again decended upon the both of them, as they reached the fountain in the center of Ponyville only the sounds of their hooves could be heard.

Spitfire looked around a bit until she located the cafe, a sign on the door read: «Closed for renovation.» "Oh, i was really looking forward to showing you the amazing food they have there." Spitfire said to Cherilee with a sigh.

Cherilee shaked her head "Don't worry mi...Spitfire, we can have a nice picnic if you'd like?" Spitfire's ears perked up and she answered with a smile. "That would be great!..but it was ME, who was going to repay YOU." Cherilee giggled "Now you're arguing with semantics Spitfire, come along. I got everything we need at my house."

Cherilee turned around and trotted towards the outskirts of Ponyville, Spitifre followed her quickly almost bumping into her as she catched up to Cherilee. They soon reached Cherilee's house, they stopped briefly as she turned her head to Spitfire. "It'll just take a few minutes, you can wait inside if you want to Spitfire."

Spitfire smiled "Sure!, i wouldn't miss the chance to see a new house. I'm quite the home decorator myself" She chuckled a bit. "I would never have believed you, if you didn't tell me yourself Spitfire." Cherilee giggled, but stopped abruptly. "I do have to warn you of my little sister, remember i told you she was a big fan? well she can be a bit too agressive.»

Spitfire chuckled lightly before shaking her head a bit. "I've handled fans before Cherilee, she can't do or say a thing that would surprise me." Cherilee nodded before opening the door and showing Spitfire into the living room area, she then headed off to her room to gather her things. Leaving Spitfire in the living room alll by herself.

Spitfire looked around as she waited for something to happen when suddenly an orange filly with a purple mane and tail jumped up in front of her out of nowhere "WONDERBOLT!" was all that Spitfire heard before she tumbled over onto her back.

"woah!...strong voice kid, i mean really strong" Spitfire chuckled as she got back up to see the filly looking at her with the widest eyes she had ever seen. "Spitfire!...in MY house?...i can't believe it" Spitfire rolled her eyes, being careful so the filly wouldn't notice it. "Better believe it kid...or" Spitfire gasped and whispered to the filly. "...Or i might be an illusion?"

The orange filly pinched Spitfire's hoof "Ouch!...what did you do that for?" the filly smiled "I'm pretty sure you aren't an illusion Spitfire...the most firey pony in all of Equestria! The filly zoomed around in a circle before stopping and looking at Spitfire. "Could i get an autograph?"

"Sure thing kid, but didn't i already give you one?" Spitfire looked puzzled at the filly as she brought out the picture Spitfire had signed earlier. "Yeah, but you can never have enough!" Spitfire just shrugged and brought out a new picture from her mane. "To....Name?"

"Sorry, i'm Scotaloo. But everypony just calls me Scoots because of my scooter and name." Scotaloo chuckled lightly and waited eagarly for Spitfire's autograph. Cherilee came trotting back out as Spitfire hoofed an autograph to Scotaloo. Cherilee put down the brown braided picnic basket so she could talk.

"I see you've met Scotaloo, i hope she wasn't bothering you Spitfire?" Spitfire grinned a bit as she ansawered "Not at all Cherilee, i've seen worse. Trust me" Cherilee giggled and ushered Scotaloo away "Now you be good, go and play with your friends. I'm headed out for a picnic with miss Spitfire over here." She gestured to Spitfire as Spitfire answered back.

"Drop the miss, Cherilee". she grinned lightly as Cherilee blushed, "Yes, of course Spitfire." Cherilee giggled as Scotaloo galloped out of the house with the autograph, yelling as she was galloping.

"I WILL SISTER!...THANK YOU MISS SPITFIRE!"

Spitfire looked at Cherilee and chuckled. "You ready to go Spitfire?" Spitfire cantered over to Cherilee and took the basket by the handle in her mouth and lifted it onto Cherilee's back. "You bet!" They smiled at each other and trotted out of Cherilee's house. "So, where do you want to have this picninc, Cherilee?"

"We can head to the lake Spitfire, i like it there. And it's a bit away from town." Spitfire smiled at Cherilee and they trotted towards the lake. After a bit of trotting they arrived at the lake in the south of Ponyville, and they found a secluded place in the shade. Spitfire lifted the picnic basket off of Cherilee's back as they sat down in the shade of a tree.

"Soooo...what are we having Cherilee?" Sptifire grinned as Cherilee opened the basket and got out two daisy sandwiches.
"Daisy sandwiches Spitfire, i hope you like them." Cherilee smiled as she hoofed Spitfire one of the sandwiches. Spitfire grabbed the sandwich and ate in one big chomp.Spitfire looked at Cherilee and chuckled as she finished her sandwich in a much slower pace.

"Any dessert?" Spitfire chuckled at her own poorly made joke, and Cherilee blushed slightly as she answered "Yeah, i brough strawberry cake." She beamed as she brought out the cake from the picnic basket. The sun was beating down on them as they started to eat the cake, it was an exceptionally hot day.

"Geez, this heat is almost unbearable...want to take a swim Cherilee?" Spitfire nudged Cherilee "Oh, i don't know..."
Spitifire got up and trotted over to the edge of the lake. "Are you sure?" Spitfire said as she bent her head down and soaked her head in the water. Her usual spiky mane was now hanging down her head, soaking with water.

"Maybe you're right, it IS extremely hot around here" Cherilee smiled and got up and trotted towards Spitfire. As she got close, Spitfire took off and flew into the lake. Cherilee galloped over to the edge of the lake "SPITFIRE!?...WHERE ARE YOU!?" at that exact moment Spitfire resurfacered next to Cherilee and pulled her into the water.

"GOTCHA!"

As cherilee and Spitfire resurfaced in the lake, Cherille coughed up a bit of water. "Was that really nescesarry Spitfire?"
Spitfire grinned as she floated on her back in the water. "Well, i got you into the water didn't i?" Cherilee blushed and somewhat rejuctadly admitted "Yes, you're right."

Spitfire used her wings to float over next to Cherilee and turned her head to look at her. "And isn't it cold here?" Cherilee floated on her back next to Spitfire and answered "Yes, you know...today has been a great day Spitfire." Spitfire smiled and floated closer to Cherilee.

"I've enjoyed it too Cherilee, and i have to admit it hasn't just been because i've got to spend some time away from work." Cherilee blushed slightly as she asked Spitfire. "Why have you enjoyed it then Spitfire?" "This is not easy for me to admit...but i have a crush on you Cherilee."

Cherilee seemed a bit shocked, but simply floated closer to Spitfire. "Well, you have been bad at hiding it." Cherilee giggled.
"So...would you consider going on a date with me sometime Cherilee?" Cherilee giggled lightly as she responded.

"I thought we already were on one, but sure."

Spitfire blushed and gave Cherilee a slight kiss on the cheek, they stayed there the entire day. Only leaving when the sun set and the water got too cold to be in.


THE END...

Comments ( 8 )

This took me a while to complete, i think it turned out decent. It's not awesomely spectacular but it's finally finished and out of my mane :derpytongue2:
Anyway i hope you enjoy the story for what it is, and now i must start to write my next story:rainbowwild:

GREAT, JUST GREAT! THE TWO MARES I HAVE FEELINGS FOR ARE IN LOVE WITH OF ALL PONIES EACHOTHER!
Okay, time to take all my anger out on a fiddle!

Nice premise, CheeriFire is a very interesting pairing. However, one big thing I noticed you MUST SEPARATE DIALOGUE!! It drives me madder than Pinkie in Cupcakes when somepony doesn't do that. Also, the personal pronoun I is always capitalized. Other than that, this story is very good, all it needs is polishing to a shine.

I could edit this fic if you want :)

CheriFire...or maybe...I don't know.

Never seen this ship before. I'll give it a try.

This wasn't a bad story. i enjoyed it :twilightsmile:, i wouldn't have thought of pairing those two though.

Please, try to use "trotting" less. It gets a little annoying reading the same verb all the time.

Only one piece of advice here would be, try not to use their names so bucking much! :facehoof: Other then that and capitilizing the "I"'s theres no problem with this story. (interesting pairing by the way) :pinkiehappy:

It's a cute idea, but this could really use the attentions of an editor. Spelling, grammar, capitalization... all of it had me flinching repeatedly.

Login or register to comment