• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 18,267 Views, 643 Comments

The Ranger's Journey - Silentpegasus



Due to the recent animal activity from the Everfree Forest, Princess Celestia has sent an agent from The Academy. What will happen when a certain librarian starts to fall for the crimson haired warrior?

  • ...
47
 643
 18,267

Sequel

The sequel is finally out!

I give you 'The Fable of the Zealot'

Comments ( 39 )

4079894 It was more of Hellsing Ultimate abridged, but I can see that.

It took me a week to read this. And man was i glad i jumped down this rabbit hole.

Hey, just want to give you a heads up saying you got some competition, GentlemanJ has a series.......[reads description] OHHhhhhhhh. Ahhhhh.
Your story is better.

4483861 Nope. Just thought it would be funny.

Good story, although, personally, I felt the pacing could use a little work. Although you did manage to nail the mane six characterizations perfectly.:twilightsheepish:

Join Crimson Storm on a journey that will shake the foundation of the world.

Does this qualify as false advertisement? I read the story through several times but nothing world changing seemed to happen.

Cyan Flier

This is a humanized story and humans don't come in cyan

Like a shining red light of hope that inspires everyone around him.

Twilight and Crimson get serious in the squeal no need to start kissing his ass just yet. (Also the whole magic-borrowing-protection thing during the fight was total ripped from fairy tail)

So these complaints are petty I know, but they still bother me a lot (mostly the second one).

4621794 I think the term Cyan flier refers to the wing color, not skin color

All right, started and finished this in one day. My opinion of this roller coastered every which way, from not really liking it and wanting to stop reading, to thinking that it was an okay story, to finally ending with a very nice story.

The references though, holy cow, I think you used just about every well known part of well known animes as you could, and while at times it fit, other times it just seemed forced and didn't exactly go with the story. And i'm pretty sure that it has been suggested before, but calm down on the references.

4707523 wouldn't it be cyan winged flyer?

4708348 It could be, but aren't Cobalt and Ivy referred to as the blue flier and green flier respectively?

4708689 I fail to see how that changes anything. Care to explain?

4738489 Because if Cobalt and Ivy are 'nicknamed' by their wing color, wouldn't it apply to everyone else then as well? So then someone with cyan wings would be called a cyan flier. I also think that it isn't needed to cyan winged flier because it seems kind of obvious that they would have wings if they are a flier.

4739671 I understand the how and why of the 'nicknames' but that doesn't change the fact that 'cyan flier' refers to their whole body not just the parts that are cyan. (also it's nice to have a conversation on the internet not just a flame war)

4743775 That is true, it is nice to have a conversation. I would think of the 'nicknames' as precisely that, a nickname. Say you don't know the person's name, you would probably pick a defining feature and use that to differentiate that person from the rest, in these cases the color of their wings and the fact that by having them makes them a flier, (started to sound a little desperate there, not meaning to, haha)

4744566 the 'nicknames' are only used in narrative never in dialogue for example

He sat up in his bed and gave a long yawn before hopping off the tree branch he was occupying and landing on the dirt path. As he made his way around the edge of town he was approached by the cyan flyer from the day before.

(from chapter 4 after the scene cut.(the ~ line))

4744954 I never said the nickname was for the characters sake, it could be a way to just easily differentiate between characters that was thought up for easier reading

4744962 oh I apparently misunderstood you sorry. I think that's kind of a given I mean that is why we've been calling them 'nicknames' after all. You're right and I am blowing the importance of it out of proportion sorry for bothering you.

4745327 haha, it isn't a bother at all, I actually like having discussions like these, so it's nice when it finally happens. :) (on my phone so can't put the pony faces)

5261202 Yeah, I know. :pinkiesad2: Not my bet momet as a writer.

Reeeeeaaalllyyy can't wait to see Shiny and Crimson duke it out :rainbowkiss:

5566198 Apparently it gets better, otherwise the rating wouldn't be so high.

I just found and finished RWBY the other day, and as I was watching through, I had thoughts of 'I've seem/read this somewhere'. And one of my thoughts was this (sorry but i forgot the title then), and a few others. So I type 'RWBY' in the search of FimFiction, and BAM:

Inspired by Gentlemanj's amazing series. 'The Journey of Graves.' and RoosterTeeth's RWBY

It is sad that Monty died on the first of this month. I just became a fan.
RWBY will be continued thanks to his wife urging Rooster Teeth to saying 'it's what he wanted'. Who knows how much longer it will continue?

5651321 I based them off that photo with some adjustments.

5842724 Yes! I loved that series.

6924023 The books are way better than the movies. Not to say I didn't enjoy the films, but you can't beat the original content.

7082122 YES! Finally someone gets the reference!
You sir (or Madam) get one happy Erza
49.media.tumblr.com/f8d4190aea965fde165b03af52f7d31e/tumblr_mzdclzPQIw1sjwjofo1_500.gif

7522097 You bring up some very good points.

7528156 Huh.... Ima have to re-watch that series XD

7530177 Yes, I know how you feel. :ajsleepy: I received a lot of backlash for that and I spoke to Gentleman J about it as well when this first came to light. I had no intention of copying his work, but I did it absentmindedly. I am not saying that that makes the situation any better and if Gentleman J wanted it gone, I would have gladly removed it. Thankfully he is a very nice person and allowed it to stay. I take great care to make sure I do not plagiarize my inspirations. As I should have from the beginning.

8123811 no if u watched naruto the seal is on his stomach to

This story is worthy of 5 mustaches!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

i really like this first story and are looking forward to the second one and i'm defiantly copying this to my computer so i can read it offline if it happens

This story is amazing it is one of my all time favorites.

Login or register to comment