• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 2,417 Views, 46 Comments

Life of Spike - Spikester



Spike's life in Canterlot after the princess coronation.

  • ...
10
 46
 2,417

Chapter 5: Some "Alone" Time

Spike was having trouble sleeping that night. All he could think about was his relationship with Rarity. He yanked the covers off him. He waddled over to his dresser. He stood there for a few seconds, took a deep breath, and pulled open a drawer. He took out many things and put them on the floor. At the bottom of his dresser was one his most prized positions. A photograph of Rarity. He tightly squeezed it in his arms and waddled back over to his bed. He pulled the covers back over him and down at his picture.

"Good night Rarity." Spike whispered then hugged the picture even tighter.


Spike woke up still grasping Rarity's picture. He looked around his room and wiped the sand out of his eyes. He walked over to his drawer and placed Rarity's picture back in. He then left his room and went down to the living room. There Twilight was rushing around the library.

"Oh no. Oh no! Where are those binoculars! I need them for tonight!" Twilight yelled.

"Twilight what in Celestia's name are you doing?" Spike asked walking down the stairs.

Twilight stopped in her tracks. "Good morning Spike. I have some good news and some bad news."

"What's the good news?" Spike said.

"I sort of need to tell you the bad news first." Twilight claimed sheepishly.

Spike rolled his eyes.

"Well, tonight there's a big meteor shower. And our whole family is going. Mom, Dad, Cadance, and Shinning Armor." But there's no pets allowed. The flyer said only ponies. And Spike, your not a pony." Twilight stated.

"Come on Twilight! That's unfair! I want to see the meteor shower!" Spike growled.

"I'm sorry Spike I tried to let you in. But the pony in charge said no."

Spike forwned.

"Ugh. What ever! It's not like this will stick with me for the rest of my life." Spike mumbled.

"But!" Twilight interrupted. "I talked to Rarity about this predicament and she offered to take you in. And since the meteor shower goes late we're staying in an inn. so that means..."

"I get to sleep over at Rarity's?" Spike asked.

Twilight nodded.

"No way!" Spike screeched. "This is going to be perfect just a night alone with Rarity! Just the two of us together for hours and hours and hours and hours." Spike began to drool.

"Go upstairs and pack lover boy." Twilight giggled.

Spike ran back up the stairs and slammed the door shut to his room. He dashed around the room for things to pack.

Okay Spike. This is your night. Don't blow it! Just alone with the mare of your dreams. Wait! Sweetie Belle will be there. Maybe I can just tell her that I want to be alone with Rarity. She'll understand.

With all this going through his head he didn't realize that he packed all of his things.

"I feel like I'm missing something." Spike told himself.

He walked over to his drawer and pulled out his picture of Rarity. Spike hesitated to put it in his bag.

What if Rarity finds it. She'll think he's a loser for having a picture of her to sleep with.

Spike took a deep breath and placed it in his bag. He then buckled up his suitcase and carried it downstairs. He went down to the kitchen where he found Twilight packing daffodil and daisy sandwiches for her trip.

"So, what's for breakfast?" Spike asked.

"Spike your going over to Rarity's right now." Twilight proclaimed.

Spike didn't even respond he just raced out the front door. And slammed it shut making the whole library shake.

"Goodbye." Twilight said sarcastically.

Spike raced by everypony who tried to say hello. He main priority was getting to Rarity's he didn't want to waste a second. Then, he finally arrived at Rarity's boutique. Spike took a deep breath and stood up more straight. He knocked on the door.

"Okay Spike. Don't blow this. Rarity is going to bed yours tonight. Don't be a doofus!" Spike mumbled to himself.

Rarity soon answered the door. "Good morning Spike."

"Good morning." Spike said staring at the ground.

He then looked up at her. Spike's jaw dropped. Rarity was more beautiful then ever. Rarity pushed Spike's jaw back up with her hoof.

"Sweetie, don't do that. It's poor for your mouth. Now come inside." Rarity gestured her hoof to the door.

Spike followed her inside. She led him into the kitchen where Sweetie Belle was sitting down in her chair.

"Hiya Spike!" Sweetie Belle squeaked. "We're going to have SO much fun this day."

"Yeah. Plus I get to spend it with Rarity." Spike said out load.

Rarity turned around and smiled at Spike. Spike clasped his claws over his mouth.

Ugh! You idiot! You need to learn to filter your mouth! Come on buddy, your staying here for the next 24 hours. Don't blow this!

"Breakfast is served." Rarity stated. She used her magic to levitate two plates of pancakes in front of Spike and Sweetie Belle.

"Ooooh. Pancakes!" Sweetie Belle shrieked. "I love pancakes."

"Me too." Spike said with his mouthful. A chunk of flapjack landing on Sweetie Belle's plate. "Oops. Sorry!"

Sweetie Belle used her magic to pick up the chunk and put it in the trash. "It's fine." She smiled at Spike who only smirked back.

Rarity trotted over to the table and took a seat right next to Spike. Spike heart melted.

She could of sat next to Sweetie Belle, but she sat next to me. Wait, that doesn't mean anything! Ugh...

Rarity started to speak. "So what do you two want to do? We can go to the movies, go shopping, get our manes done..."

"Rarity..." Sweetie Belle gave a stern look and pointed her hoof towards Spike.

"Oh.. heh heh... yes. Lets just go to the movies." Rarity blushed.


The three stood out side the theater figuring out what movie to watch.

"How about Mr. Panda Saves the Day?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Sweetie Belle, Spike and I aren't interested in watching kiddy movies. Were both more mature for that."

She does not think as me as a child. She thinks I'm mature!

"How about Romeo and Juliet. The revamped version just came out. It has y'know... romance..." Spike stumbled on his words.

"Sure. That would be fun." Rarity said.

Spike started to day dream. In his dream him and Rarity were sitting next to each other holding hands.

"Oh Spike," Rarity whispered. "Your so adorable, smart, and mature all at the same time. Now lets kiss."

"SPIKE!" Sweetie Belle yelled. "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Spike was at the front of the line already.Rarity was buying the tickets.

"I know what you were thinking of." giggled Sweetie Belle.

"Then what was it?" Spike snapped back.

"Going on a date with Rarity." Sweetie Belle laughed even harder.

"How-how did you know that?" asking taking a step back.

"You almost kissed a pole." Sweetie Belle snickered.

Spike turned red in the face. He looked down at his feet and awkwardly stepped back a few inches.

"Okay you two. Time to go get our seats." Rarity said and trotted off into the building. Spike and Sweetie Belle followed.

"We're in theater thirteen." Rarity stated still trotting in front of them.

Gah! THIRTEEN! As in unlucky number thirteen. What if this goes terrible. What if she sees I'm trying to get us to be more then just friends. C'mon Spike, you got to stop worrying I'm sure everything is going to go fine. After all, we are seeing a romantic movie.

Before he knew it they were all ready in the theater.

"Top row! Top row!" Sweetie Belle chanted.

"I kind of want to sit in the middle." Spike said.

"Then the middle it is, your the guest Spikey-wikey." Rarity replied rubbing his head with her hoofs.

Spike's eyes shaped into hearts. He clasped his hands to together and put them up to his cheek.

"Uh... Spike. Do you want to take your seat?" Rarity asked politely.

Spike just realized he's been staring at Rarity for a good solid minute. Spike face turned as red as a chili pepper. "Oh yes, of course. Heh, heh..." Spike laughed lightly.

Spike slowly sat down, not trying to make it look like something was wrong.

"Blech. Romance movies." Sweetie Belle stuck out her tongue pointing her hoof at it. She looked over at Spike.
But maybe this dumb romance movie can help me with Spike. Sweetie Belle you are a genius.

"I'm going to go get some popcorn." Rarity said.

"Okay! That'll be awesome! Good ol' popcorn! Heh heh heh." Spike blurted.

"Anything wrong Spike?" Rarity asked.

"Nope not at all. Nothing. Heh heh heh." Spike blurted again.

"Okay then." Rarity said puzzled then trotted off.

"STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!" Spike screeched banging his head on the chair in front of him.

Sweetie Belle put her hoof on Spike's back. "Spike. You don't be too hard on yourself. You know Rarity likes you."

"As a friend! I want her to love me, not just like me. But I'm a dragon and she's a pony. I'm a child and she's an adult. It'll never work out anyway." Spike sobbed.

"Awwww Spike. Cheer up. She'll be back any second. You wouldn't want her seeing you crying over her would you?" Sweetie Belle said softly rubbing his back.

Spike sniffed. "Yeah, I guess your right." He sat up in his chair more straight. He saw Rarity coming up the steps to where they were seated.

"I got a large popcorn that we can all share." Rarity announced.

Share!? I can finally do the whole hands touching in the popcorn move. This is fool proof! Ha ha! Yeah! Now I just have to wait until the right time.


Okay Spike, you can do this wait until Rarity reaches her hand in the popcorn. Spike had his mouth full.

Rarity reached her hand in. Spike shot his hand over hers. Rarity looked down at Spike smiling. Spike smiled back, but with a mouth full of food you look like a constipated chipmunk with nuts stored in his cheeks. Rarity gave Spike an awkward look.

Oh crud! She must think I don't know how to eat properly. I can't chew this all with her staring at me. If I swallow it I'll choke. I'll just spit it out. Spike spat out the popcorn back into the tub. His dragon saliva covered all the popcorn.

"Ewwwww!!!" Rarity shrieked. "There's dragon slobber in the food. You can finish it." Rarity used her magic to hand the whole tub over to Spike. Spike blushed and watched the rest of the movie in silence.


Once the movie was over the three all walked out together. Once they got out Spike started apologizing.

"Rarity, I'm super sorry I spat in the popcorn! I don't know what I was thinking! It was dumb of me. Really, it was! I'm just so sorry, I'll do anything to make up for-" Rarity put her hoof over Spike's mouth.

"It's fine Spike. I'm sure it was an accident. Besides it's just a silly snack food. It has no importance to me."

"I'm sort of hungry. Can we go to lunch?" Sweetie Belle asked Rarity.

"Of course. I was already planning for you, me, Spike, and Randy to eat at Chez Celestia's." Rarity replied.

Randy! That stupid punk always trying to ruin his life. I have to eat at the most romantic restaurant in Equestria with Rarity, but with Randy there! My dream was always to take Rarity there on a date for the first time. But now it's shattered because of that stupid, idiotic moron Randy. How I hate him! I just want to-

"Doesn't that sound like fun Spike?" Rarity asked him fluttering her eyes.

Spike's eyes turned to hearts. "Yeah. Very fun. I can't wait."

"Great!" Rarity squealed. Her and Sweetie Belle trotted away.

What have I gotten myself into.


"Now Sweetie Belle, be on your best behavior. This is the fanciest restaurant in all of Equestria. We don't want to look like fools." Rarity said giving Sweetie Belle a stern look.

"I know Rarity." Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.

The three kept on moving up in line. Finally they were at the front desk.

"Hello we're meeting somepony here. Last name Buddercolt." Rarity said.

"Over here!" a voice shouted.

"Oh. There's Randy. Come along you two." Rarity trotted away smiling.

Sweetie Belle followed after Rarity. Spike just walked at his own pace.

Okay Spike. You can still me romantic with her boyfriend here. He's only here for this part of the night. You can do this. Just don't make eye contact and smooth talk here.

Spike followed Sweetie Belle and Rarity to the table. The restaurant smelled like rosemary and had the most rich ponies in town were there. When they arrived at their table Randy looked all fancy as well.

"Hey babe." Randy swooned.

Rarity giggled. Spike and Sweetie Belle rolled their eyes.

"What are the shrimps doing here?" Randy exclaimed.

"Well Sweetie Belle can't stay home by herself yet and I have to babysit for Spikey-wikey. Hope it's not any trouble." Rarity stated.

Randy snickered. "No not at all. Actually it should be fun!"

Spike gulped and took a step back. Randy is going to turn this lunch into a living hell! There was no escape either. Rarity sat down in the booth. Spike sat next to her.

"Hey wise guy! Don't you think I should sit next to my girlfriend?" Randy hissed.

Spike sighed. "Sorry." He got up out of the booth and sat next to Sweetie Belle.

"Don't worry Spike. Someday his punk will pay!" Sweetie Belle whispered in his ear.

The waiter came by with glasses of water and a bowl of bread and butter. "Hello there. My name is Cashflow. I'll be your waiter for today. Do you want to order your food now?"

"Yeah. That would be swell." Randy said slyly. "I'll split a lobster with the lady. The filly would like Tatar tots with a side of apple sauce. And the dragon will take the junior mashed potatoes with a side of baby food."

Spike turned red in the face. He was about to burst into tears. Sweetie Belle gave Randy the hairy eyeball. Randy was going way to far to embarrass Spike.

"Yes, your food shall be out in a minute." said the waiter while walking away.


"My, my, this looks delicious!" Rarity stated. "Thank you for buying darling." She kissed Randy on the cheek.

Spike clenched his fist. Randy was butting into his time with Rarity. He felt like releasing his anger some how. But nothing came to mind.

"Now if you'll excuse me I have to go to the little filly's room." Rarity ran out of the booth into the restroom.

"So shrimps!" Randy snarled "You decided to tag along on my date with my girlfriend!"

"Why did you order baby food for Spike!" Sweetie Belle screeched. "That wasn't very nice!"

"Oh I'm sorry. It's just Rarity said he was getting babysat. Plus he's a baby dragon!" Randy snickered.

"Well he doesn't act like a baby!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. "He acts like the most adora- Uh, I mean... awesome dude ever!" Sweetie Belle was red in the face.

"Well losers I'm going to go throw my napkin in the trash." Randy said.

He got up out of the booth and strutted over to the garbage. Spike had anger in his eyes. This was HIS
night with Rarity and Lord Jerk blew it. Just then, the waiter came by with their food.

"Thank you." Sweetie Belle polity said.

The waiter nodded and walked away.

Spike took his fork and jabbed at his mashed potatoes. Then he got and idea. He picked up his mashed potatoes in his hand. And chucked them at Randy.

SPLAT!!!

Randy turned around. Grinding his teeth and eyes darting across the room.

"Who did this!?" he screamed.

Spike stood up of the booth waving his hand like a palm tree in the wind and smiling. "Me!"

Randy walked over slowly. As he past by a couple eating lunch he used his magic to pick up the pie they were about to eat. Then threw it at Spike's face.

SPLAT!!!

Sweetie Belle ducked under the table.

Spike wiped the cream and cherry off his face."So that's how you wanna' play, huh? Well in that case... FOOD FIGHT!!!"

Everyone was was chucking food all over the place.Fish, meat, eggs, macaroni, and other things were being projectiled all throughout the restaurant.

Rarity just then came out of the restroom. Her jaw dropped at the sight of everyone being covered in food and Spike and Randy were in the middle of all of this.

"STOP!!!" Rarity screamed. "Randy. Sweetie Belle, Spike! All of you! We're leaving."

They all exited the restaurant head hanging low.


"What was all of that!?" Randy whispered angrily as they were walking back to the boutique.

Randy started to walk. "It was all Spike! He started it. He--"

"Randy! Go home! I'll deal with you tomorrow."

Randy walked away rolling his eyes.

"Now Sweetie Belle can I walk to Spike in private?"

"Sure!" she exclaimed winking at Spike.

Spike smirked back at her.

Rarity sat Spike down on a fountain. Spike looked up at her, she had fear in her eyes.

"Now um... Spike... I know this might be though for you."

"What's though?"

"Oh you know... me dating someone."

"I'm not jealous! You think I'm jealous just because your spending time with another guy?" Spike narrowed his eyebrows.

"No. Of course not. All I'm saying his I know this might be though for you. And I know Randy probably started it. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow and tell him he needs to be kinder to my Spikey-wikey. Okay?" Rarity starred at him with her big beautiful eyes.

Spike smiled, "Okay."

Rarity leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. Spike body stood stiff and he fell back into the foutain.

Rarity giggled, "Spike your gonna' have to get out of there if you want to come inside."



End of Part 1 of Chapter 5.

Author's Note:

It's here!

Comments ( 15 )

I enjoyed this chapter, but I think with the last few lines when Rarity spoke, you meant Rarity, not Randy. However, Randy just peeves me off. :flutterrage: How day he embarrass Spike like that!

3150556

Oops. Yeah I'll fix that. lol

-Bed yours?
-How is Sweetie Belle hating romance movies where ironically she's a romantic?
Spike will need to call in the big guns.

Last couple of paragraphs you use the word 'though' where you may mean 'tough'.

Stiil, cute story.

Spike forwned.

How do you forwn?

I can do a frown if that's what you want. :twilightangry2: :flutterrage::ajbemused:

Oh boy. Well this chapter... not going to lie, not a huge fan.
I don't think Spike is stupid enough to spit the popcorn back into the tub and do some of the other things he did. I know he's a child and all, but I never did most of those things as a child (but maybe that's just me). I know what it's like having to be near an a**hole. I've been in that environment for a little over three years now.

3150556 I'm just as outraged as much you are:raritywink: and one thing, the word is 'dare'

Ok the story interests me. But the grammar is seriously annoying me. You put "though" multiple times when it's supposed to be "tough", you put "randy" instead of "rarity", and other spell mistakes like forwned and starred. Please fix the grammar. The story would be more enjoyable that way

love the srorie plz more chapters also i found en error i think.

"Don't worry Spike. Someday his punk will pay!" Sweetie Belle whispered in his ear.
but keep up the good work.

is this story dead?

3911040

I working on a new chapter.

Well, finally. Glad that it was Randy that got all the heat for the foodfight instead of Spike, who's been treated harshly in all the previous chapters. :moustache:

"Now um... Spike... I know this might be though for you."

"What's though?"

I think you meant "Tough"

I would like to see Randy fuck with Spike when he's an adult dragon.:moustache:
I really don't like Rarity in this story, she's a bitch for intentionally leading Spike on and breaking his heart.:flutterrage:

I see spike

Login or register to comment