• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 2,416 Views, 46 Comments

Life of Spike - Spikester



Spike's life in Canterlot after the princess coronation.

  • ...
10
 46
 2,416

Chapter 2: Dragon Probs

"It's perfect!" Spike squeaked as he took the pie out of the oven.

The pie looked like a charred block of wood in a pie tin. The apple inside oozed out into a big globby mess on the counter.

"Um... that looks... er... very nice, Spike," Twilight said sheepishly. "I'm sure Rarity will love it."

Spike hopped off his swivel stool and walked back upstairs.

"Where are you going Spike?" Twilight asked.

"To my room to practice some more! I have to sound like a gentlecolt. Not a loser." Spike said back.

Twilight rolled her eyes. Spike reached the top of the stairs and raced into his room.

What can I do to look buff and not like a little kid?

Spike scanned his eyes across his room. Then he spotted in. The weight Rainbow Dash gave him for his birthday. He never used it but now was the time he did. Spike walked over to weight and put both hands on the handle.

"Errrrrrrrrg!" Spike screeched.

He couldn't make it move a budge. His face started to turn red. His arms felt like they were going to get ripped off. Finally, Spike managed to lift it an inch.

"Yes (pant) (pant) (pant) I... did... it..." Spike whispered under his breath.

Spike let go off the weight.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhg!!!!" Spike screamed on the top of his lungs.

Spike had dropped the weight on his foot. He looked down at his black and blue toe, as Twilight came running into his room.

"Spike! What's wrong?" Twilight asked very scared.

"I dropped the weight on my foot." Spike bawled.

"Well lets put some bandages on it and get to bed. It should be better by morning." Twilight said comforting Spike.

"But Twilight! I need to practice some more!" Spike whined. "Rarity's coming tomorrow and I need to be ready."

"Spike!" Twilight said sternly. "If you don't get some rest you can be in your room the day Rarity arrives!"

Spike groaned. He didn't want that to happen. He didn't want Rarity thinking he's a trouble maker because he got grounded for the day. He agreed with Twilight and put some bandages on in hopped into bed.


The next afternoon spike was feeling much better. He was sitting in his swivel stool and spinning around as fast as he could.

"Spike your going to get dizzy." Twilight warned him.

"I know Twilight, getting dizzy is fun!" Spike giggled while still spinning.

Just then there was a knock at the door. Twilight trotted over to the door and opened it.

"Hello Twilight."

"Hey Rarity." Twilight replied.

"RARITY!" Spike chirped.

Spike leaped off his swivel stool. He was so dizzy he did a face plant on the floor.

"Um... Hello Spike." Rarity said looking over Twilight's shoulder to see the purple dragon laying there face first on the floor.

You doofus! Why can't you do anything correct! Now Rarity must think I'm a dumb clumsy kid.

"So Twilight I need to unpack my things. So I was wondering if you and Spike would want to help me." Rarity asked timidly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Rarity," Twilight replied. "But, I'm sure Spike would love to help. I'm rather busy with princess duties."

"That's perfectly alright Twilight. I'll just have my little Spikey-wikey help me then." Rarity smiled.

Spike looked up. His vision was blurry. All he saw was Rarity standing there. She was walking towards him.

"Spike, would you like to help me unpack my thing into my new home?" Rarity asked staring down at him.

"Would I!" Spike said jumping up. "Uh... i mean... yeah that's cool."

Rarity giggled. She walked out the front door, Spike following behind her. They walked half way to where her new boutique was then Rarity started up a conversation.

"So Spike, what did you miss most of all when you moved from Ponyville to Canterlot?"

"You!" Spike then just realized what came out of his mouth. "Uh... i mean the Cake's cookies! Those were good. Yum! Nice weather today isn't it?" Spike quickly changed the subject.

Rarity looked up. The sun was no where to be seen. And dark black clouds covered the sky.

"Indeed." Rarity replied to make Spike not feel uncomfortable about what he just said.

By this time they have entered the boutique.

"Okay Spike. I'll get started on my work room. And you can work on my bedroom." Rarity smiled down at him.

"What do I do in there?" Spike asked.

"Well there is a box of clothes on the ground. I need to wash all of the dirty ones. Just smell them and take the dirty ones to the laundry room in the basement and hang up the clean ones in the closet." Rarity replied.

"No problem, most beautiful one!" Spike said running into her new bedroom.

Spike halting to a stop when he saw the big box of clothes. He figured make the dirty ones into a pile and when he was done then take them down the the laundry room.

About five mins past and he realized he hung all of the clothes up. Rarity came trotting down the hall and entered her bedroom.

"So Spike, did you take the dirty clothes down to the laundry?" Rarity asked fluttering her eyes at Spike.

Spike was staring at her for a second. She was so beautiful when she did that.

Finally he snapped out of his daze. " No. Sorry, they all smelled good to me."

"There was to be dirty ones. I just know it! Why did they all smell so good to you?" Rarity asked Spike.

"Because they all smelt like you." Spike so realized what he just said to covered his mouth with his hand.

Rarity laughed.

Seriously Spike! How could you mess that up? You had to say that! I'm such an idiot!

"Well, were just about done. Do you think Twilight will mind if we went out to lunch?" Rarity asked Spike.

Spike heart felt like it was going to implode, it was beating so fast. She didn't really ask him out on a date. But it felt like it to Spike.

"No! Not at all! I think she'd like that idea!" Spike said smoothly.

"Great!" Rarity responded. "Where should we go?"

"Oh! I know a place," Spike proclaimed. "Papa Pegasus' Dinner! They make the best hay fries."

"Mmmmmmm. Hay fries sound marvelous right now. We can split some." Rarity said.

Spike blushed. Rarity walked out the door towards the diner. Spike followed and stayed quit all the way to there. When they arrived they went into a two pony both. Spike was sitting right across from Rarity. Their waiter trotted over to them.

"May I offer you two menus?" the waiter asked.

"Yes that would be lovely" Rarity exclaimed.

"And do you want a kids menu for the kid? With crayons and markers?" the waiter offered.

"Yes please." Rarity replied.

Spike felt heartbroken. Rarity does think of him as a little kid. Spike felt like he was going to cry but he held his tears in. The waiter used his magic to levitate two menus in front of them. Then the waiter left. Spike opened up his crayons and started drawing mustaches and devil horns on all of the little characters on the menu. He started to giggle. Rarity looked at what he was doing a smiled. A few minutes later the waiter came over to ask them what they wanted.

"Have you made up your mind?" the waiter asked politely.

"Yes. We would like to split a small box of hay fries please." Rarity stated.

"A wonderful choice." the waiter replied.

Within a few minutes the fries arrived. Rarity used her magic to lift a handful of fries into her mouth. Spike on the other hand grabbed a bunch in his hand and shoved them in his throat. Spike looked up a Rarity, their eyes met with.

Spike. This is the time you finally kiss Rarity and win her heart! No more little check smooches. It's time for the real thing. Just man up and do it. Just do it you doofus!

Spike titled his head to the side, puckered his lips and moved closer to Rarity. He held that position for about 5 seconds. He finally opened his eyes to see what was going on and he saw Rarity just staring at him clueless.

"Spike, dear. What in the wide, wide world of Equestria are you doing?" Rarity asked.

"Uh... I don't know." Spike blushed. His heart sank. Now she knew what he was trying to do.

They ate the rest of their meal in silence.


Rarity walked Spike back to the library. Spike still very shy about what he did said nothing to have small talk with her. They were in front of the library when Rarity finally spoke.

"Goodbye my little Spikey-wikey" she said flicking his top spike on his head.

Spike's face turned bright red and he went inside. He walked into the living room where Twilight was sitting on the couch reading a book.

"So how did it go with Rarity?" Twilight asked without looking up from her book.

"It went wrong in every way possible! I just don't want to talk about it." Spike sniffed while running up the stairs to his room.

Twilight felt bad for Spike. When she heard the door slam she knew that something was wrong. Then Twilight smelled something terrible. She looked up and saw on the kitchen counter, Spike's pie he was supposed to give to Rarity.

"Ugh!" she screeched. Knowing she would have to eat it.

Author's Note:

This is a note made by the author:

HI!!!!!