• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 2,416 Views, 46 Comments

Life of Spike - Spikester



Spike's life in Canterlot after the princess coronation.

  • ...
10
 46
 2,416

Chapter 4: B-B-B-B-Boyfriend!?

Spike slowly walked up to Rarity and her new boyfriend. He dragged his feet along to grass and swallowed his saliva.

"Spike, this is my boyfriend, Randy Buddercolt. I met him yesterday and he finally asked me out today." Rarity squealed in delight.

"Oh, um... that's cool. It's not like I, um... never mind." Spike sighed.

Spike didn't even bother to look up at this "Randy" figure, but when he did he knew he was in trouble. Randy was a tall lean colt with a brownish yellow coat and brown mane. He was wearing the fanciest button down shirt Spike has ever seen.

I'm done for! He's just a stud. A chick magnet. It looks like I have some competition.

"Well nice chatting with you Spike," Rarity said. "We have to go. We have reservations to The Hay House."

What!? The Hay House! That is one of the fanciest restaurants in Canterlot. This can't be happening Spike! This can't be happening!

"You start walking there, okay Rarity? I want to have a little more in depth conversations with Spike." Randy called.

"Okay. Have a nice talk." Rarity hollered trotting away.

Randy eyed her until she turned the corner. When she was no where in sight Randy struck.

"Listen here you little punk!" Randy murmured in an angry tone. "I can tell you like my girlfriend."

"Yeah? So!" Spike spoke up. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Oh. I'll tell you what I'll do. If you just put one little claw on her, I will knock you into eternal slumber. Got it!?" Randy asked, jabbing his hoof into Spike's belly.

"Y-y-yes sir!" Spike stuttered.

"Good. Now I'm going to attend a romantic lunch with my girlfriend!" Randy said smugly.

Randy glared into Spike's eyes and trotted off.

"Oh crud! This is bad! Not only is he dating Rarity, but he's a big jerk!" Spike wailed pacing back and forth. "Maybe Twilight knows what to do!"

Spike dashed to the library and yanked open the door.

Twilight was in the middle of feeding Owlicious and Peewee. The sound of the door slamming open scared Owlicious making him fly to another part of the room.

"Twilight! Twilight! Twilight! Rarity is dating a guy, who seems nice, but he's not! He turned out to be a big jerk to me when Rarity left and threatened to beat me up if I even lay an eye on her! And-"

"Whoa Spike! Slow down." Twilight interrupted. "I think you over exaggerating."

"No, I'm not! I swear he's evil!" Spike blurted out.

"I think someone's a bit jealous." Twilight smirked.

"I'm not jealous Twilight! I swear he's a jerk. Can I have the rest of the day off? I have to follow them secretly while they're on their date!" Spike rambled.

Twilight sighed and looked at the clock. "Fine Spike but today's chores are going to be added on to tomorrow's chores, got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" Spike shouted saluting at Twilight.

Spike ran outside and slammed the door shut. He made his way over to Rarity's boutique, where she would probably meet up with Sweetie Belle. He ignored everypony that would try to talk to him wasting this precious time. Within a few mintues he finally made it.

"Sweetie Belle!" Spike panted pounding to the boutique door.

Sweetie Belle slowly opened the door, "Oh, hey Spike! What's up?" she smiled at him.

"Rarity is on a date, and we need to follow them! Now!" Spike shrieked frantically shaking his arms up and down.

"I know. And I'm sorry Spike, but we can't follow them." Sweetie Belle frowned.

"Why not?' Spike asked in an irritated tone.

"How would you feel if we were on a date- I mean! If you and another nameless filly, who may or may not be standing in front of you, went on date and then Rarity followed you guys around?" Sweetie Belle said red in the face.

"You lost me." Spike said sternly.

Sweetie Belle sighed in relief but quickly got back on subject. "It's just not right Spike!"

"Aw man! Now she's dating a colt who's a jerk to me." Spike moaned.

"He's a jerk to you? Oh it is on!" Sweetie Belle growled. "Tell me more about this dumby while you take us where they are."



"Wow what a jerk!" Sweetie Belle squeaked. "So tell me, where are Randy and my sister going out to?"

"The Hay House." Spike mumbled.

"Oh my gosh! The Hay House! That is said to be the most romantic restaurant in all of Equestria! He must be rich if he can afford lunch at a place like that!" Sweetie Belle squealed.

Spike rolled his eyes. "Can we stop talking about how romantic the idiotic place is and just go in here first?" Spike asked.

"Sure Spike. What is this place?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"My favorite doughnut shop! It's on me." Spike proclaimed.

"I love doughnuts! That's Spike!" Sweetie Belle squeaked, giving him a big hug.

The two kids walked into the shop. The sweet smell of doughnuts made Spike start to droll.

"Hey Spike," Doughnut Joe greeted.

Joe looked over next to Spike to see Sweetie Belle.

"So Spike. Who's your lady friend?" Joe said nudging Spike.

"She's not my special somepony Joe! She just a friend!" Spike shouted.

Sweetie Belle sighed and peered down at the floor.

So he doesn't like me the way I like him. I'm only a friend to him. Don't cry Sweetie Belle! Spike will think your a baby!

Sweetie Belle sniffed. She was just about to shed a few tears when Spike snapped her out of her sadness.

"What doughnut do you want Sweetie Belle?" Spike asked.

"Oh, um... a chocolate one with sprinkles please." Sweetie Belle stated wiping a tear from her eye.

"Is something wrong Sweetie Belle?" Spike asked very concerned.

"No, I'm fine." Sweetie Belle said.

Sweetie Belle sucked in her feelings for that night when she was alone in her bedroom.

"Good. And I'll take the extra long double fudge glazed cinnamon twist" Spike said smiling while handing Joe two two bits.

Joe handed Spike the two doughnuts in little tiny bags. Spike shoved his doughnut is his mouth and handed Sweetie Belle her's.

Sweetie Belle took it with her magic and started to eat it. The two walked out the doughnut shop door together.

"So, Spike should we make our way over to The Hay House?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Sure. Race you there!" Spike giggled.

Spike put one knee on the ground and extended his claw in front of him. He was about to dash off when a voice from behind them.

"Hello you two."

It was Rarity.

"Hey sis!" Sweetie Belle squealed running up to her to give her a hug.

"H-hey Rarity. Where's Randy?" Spike asked looking all around for that big jerkwad.

"He went home. Our first date has finished. And it was amazing." Rarity stated.

"Oh that's cool." Spike murmured.

How could Rarity tell me that? Does she think since she now has a boyfriend that I don't love her anymore? That I don't care if she likes another guy!

"So what are you two up to?" Rarity asked polity.

"Spike bought me a doughnut!" Sweetie Belle said pointing her hoof towards him.

"Wow Spike. How very sweet of you." Rarity looked down at Spike smiling at him.

Spike smiled back with his mouth hanging open.

"As much as I would love to stay and chat, it's getting a bit late. We had a very long lunch, and you two walked all the way over here. I'm impressed." Rarity exclaimed.

Spike felt like his heart was going to rise out of his chest.

She's impressed! That means she must like me, in a way, maybe? Nah, that's just stupid. Like everyone tells me, I'm too young. For a beautiful mare like her.

"Well, goodbye Spikey-wikey. Have a nice evening." Rarity said trotting off into the sunset, Sweetie Belle following behind her.

Spike watched the mare of his dreams and one of his best friends walk of into the distance. After they were both gone, Spike noticed he had three bits left.

"Taxi!" Spike yelled.

A yellow stagecoach pulled by a colt who was probably about in his late fifty's pulled up beside him, he handed him the money and rode off back home.

Author's Note:

Yep, Sweetie Belle has a crush on Spike.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llkmpgc3Hc1qfkmdzo1_r1_400.gif