• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,606 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,606

Princess Celestia

Crystal and I started making our way into the castle. But right before we could even enter, we were stopped by two royal guards. “Halt!” one guard shouted. “Miss. Sparkle, what is this... creature that you brought with you?”

“She’s not a creature, and she’s a human being... I found her and I want to take care of her.” I said with a serious face.

“Miss. Sparkle, I insist that you bring her back from where she came immediately. You don’t know what this thing could do!” the guard exclaimed.

“She’s just a little girl...!” I said starting to lose my temper, “What danger could she possibly be!?”

“Please Miss. Sparkle! You MUST bring her back!”

“I can’t!”

“Why can’t you!?”

“BECAUSE SHE WAS ALONE!” I shout out with a tear going down my face. “She was alone...” I said looking down. “Her family is gone. She has no one else to turn to...” I slowly walked up to the guard, whispering to him. “If you still don’t understand, let me say this: With the conditions that she was living in, there is no way that she would have survived...” I say trying to hold back more tears. “She would have died if I didn’t find her...”

“Miss. Sparkle, you must understand that--...”

“No, YOU must understand!” I shouted back at the guard. “I am going to take care of her here, I will not let her go back to that life, and there is nothing in this world that will make me change my mind!” I stomped snorting in anger.

The guard just stared at me in shock. He had never seen me so angry before... to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever been this angry in a very long time. It was silent for what seemed like hours until he finally spoke. “Very well...” he said bowing his head in defeat. “You and...”

“Crystal...” I finished for him.

“Yes...” he said. “You and Crystal may enter...” he moved aside.

Me and Crystal then started making our way toward Princess Celestia’s chamber... Well, I started until I saw that Crystal was still with the guard. “Crystal? What are you doing?”

Crystal looked at me for a second, then turned to face the guard. “Do you really think I would hurt someone...?” Crystal asked the guard that I was arguing with.

The guard looked at her in shock... I wonder if he even knew that she could talk. “W-well... it’s just a priority to apprehend any unknown creature...”

“But I would never hurt a pony...” Crystal said putting her hand on the guard’s head. “I think ponies like you are amazing, and I can do all I can to respect you.”

The guard let out a small blush trying to hide it. I smiled at her, a little in shock when she said that to him. If it were me, I probably would have just walked away. Well, I did walk away, but still... She’s so brave for doing that. “Come on Crystal, let’s go inside.” I smiled leading her into the doorway. I swear, with every step we took, she was getting more and more excited... and when she did, I just laughed a bit. “You should really calm down Crystal. You might scare even the princess with your energy.” I chuckled.

“Oh, sorry Twilight.” she said with a blush.

“It’s ok.” I giggled. “Everypony gets nervous when they first meet Princess Celestia anyways.”

“When did you first meet her?” she asked going more at my pace now.

“Well... I first met Princess Celestia when I was just a filly.” I smiled starting to tell my story. “It was on the day of my entrance exam for Celestia School for gifted unicorns.”

“Oh, so you passed it easily, right?” she said getting excited.

“Well, not exactly...” I blushed a bit. “You see, the exam was to hatch a dragon’s egg, and at first I wasn’t doing so well. To be honest, I didn’t think I was going to pass at all... but then something happened.” I said levitating Crystal onto my back. “All of a sudden, there was this huge explosion of colors outside... I never even guessed what happened after that. I then went through a massive surge of energy and magic so powerful, that even the teachers were left awestruck.”

“That must’ve been really cool!” she said excitedly.

“Well, it would've been if I didn’t turn my own parents into cacti in the process...” I giggled a bit. “That’s when Princess Celestia found me. She saw that I had a lot of potential, and offered me to be her personal protege.” I said. “Her personal student... and just when i thought things couldn’t get any better, it was also the moment when I got my cutie mark.” I said showing it to her.

“Cutie mark...?” Crystal asked. “You mean that tattoo?”

“Uh... yeah.”

“So it just magically appeared on you?”

“Yes... a cutie mark is what appears when somepony finds their special talent.”

“Special talent...?”

“Yes... Like my special talent is magic.” I said trying to explain cutie marks to her... It wasn’t that easy considering cutie marks are basic knowledge. “I’ll try to explain it further in detail later, ok?”

“Okay Twilight.”

On our way to Celestia’s throne room, I shared a few more events with Crystal... Like the time when Princess Luna, and how we set her free with the Elements of Harmony. “The Elements of Harmony have really come in handy in the past. I honestly don’t know what would’ve happened if we didn’t have them.” Just as I finished explaining the elements, we then entered Princess Celestia’s throne room. “I’m back princess.”

Princess Celestia smiled and looked up at me to say something, but immediately, that smile went away when she saw Crystal. “Twilight... what is that?” she asked with a shocked face.

“Princess Celestia, this is Crystal... she’s a human from the world you sent me into.” I looked back at Crystal, only to find her trying to hide herself... poor girl... “Hey, it’s okay...” Princess Celestia only looked at the both of us with a look of both worry and curiosity.

“But Twilight, I can tell she doesn’t like me...” she sniffed. “She wants me to go back too.” she kept trying to hide herself behind me. “I’m going to be alone again!” she just broke down sobbing... I couldn’t help but shed a few tears myself. Until Celestia suddenly walked over to me and got a closer look at Crystal.

She slowly put a hoof on her back. “What is your name little one?” Crystal slowly looked up at her still feeling nervous. “It’s alright... I just want to know your name.”

Crystal sniffed again trying to hold her tears. “C-..Crystal...”

“Crystal... what a lovely name.”

“T-thank you...” she started. “Twilight named me...”

Celestia looked shocked again as she turned to me, “You named her...?” she started. “She didn’t have a name?”

“That’s correct Princess...” I said with a sigh. “While I was doing my research, I found her all alone... no family or home, and I promised to take care of her....”

She looked back at Crystal. “And you’re perfectly fine with living in a world completely different from your own?” Crystal simply nodded and to her’s and my surprise, Crystal hugged her.

“Twilight is the first... um... pony to be kind enough to actually give me a home... and I trust her with all my heart.” Crystal said slowly letting go. I could have sworn I saw a tear on even Princess Celestia.

“I see...” Celestia let out a warm smile. “I see no reason for Crystal to not be raised here in Equestria.”

Really??” me and Crystal said in unison. “Thank you Princess Celestia!

Princess Celestia giggled a bit. “I trust you will take good care of her in Ponyville, Twilight.”

“I promise, Ponyville will be a great place for--... Oh my gosh!

“What’s the matter Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“Winter Wrap Up day! It’s still going on!” I said starting to get into a panic. “Princess Celestia, could you please send us back to Ponyville??”

Celestia smiled and sighed rolling her eyes. “Very well. Twilight.” her horn glowed. “Good luck, my most faithful student.” with that, me and Crystal were immediately sent to my library.

“Why are we in a library?” Crystal asked slowly getting off my back.

“Well, this is where I live... there are many really good books here. I should have some books here for fillies too.” I started looking around for a good book for her.

“I don’t feel like reading right now Twilight... I just feel a little tired.” Crystal said yawning. “Do you think I could meet your friends?”

“You want to meet them right now?”

Before she responded, we heard the door open, following the grumbling of a familiar voice. Spike sighed. “Everytime Princess Celestia calls her, I’m stuck with all the work.” he said lying down. “Good thing she can’t see me sleep from Canterlot...” he said closing his eyes.

“Ahem!” I said out loud which made him jump out of his bed. “I may not be able to see you in Canterlot, but I can see you now.”

“T-Twilight! When did you get back?” he asked feeling a little nervous and then looked directly at Crystal. “Huh...? What’s that?”

“Oh, this is Crystal...” I said looking back at her. “Crystal, this is Spike, my number one assistant... most of the time.”

Crystal slowly walked up to Spike and raised her hand. “It’s um... nice to meet you spike.” she said in a shy tone.

“Oh uh... it’s nice to meet you too, Crystal.” Spike said taking her hand and shaking it. “Hey, you have claws like me too.”

“Oh, these aren’t claws. They’re hands.” she paused. “Um, spike? What are you?”

“Oh, I’m a baby dragon.”

“A dragon??” Crystal said in shock. “But you look too cute to be a dragon!” she giggled.

“Cute...??” Spike said blushing deeply leaving me and Crystal laughing. “It’s not funny!”

“Oh come on Spike.” I started. “You are one of the cutest dragons I know.” I giggled as he walked in the other room embarrassed. “Oh wow...” I said looking at the time. “I didn’t realize it was so late. I guess you’ll have to meet my friends tomorrow Crystal.”

“That’s okay, I’m getting pretty tired anyways...” she yawned again.

“Do you want me to make you anything to eat before you go to bed?” I asked, Crystal nodded. “I’ll go make you a sandwich.” I said going into the kitchen. I took out some bread and lettuce to make a quick sandwich for her. I finished the sandwich pretty quickly and started bringing it to her. When I got into the room where she was, I just smiled as I saw her already asleep. “I’ll give it to her in the morning...” I said putting the plate down, levitating her into my room. I slowly placed her down on the guest bed across from mine. “Good night Crystal...”

She slowly stirred and softly let out. “Good night... mommy...”

My eyes shot open. Tears ran down my face as I smiled down at her. I slowly went down and kisses her cheek. After that, I slowly went into my bed and went to sleep... A new day for Crystal tomorrow...

Author's Note:

Thank Celestia she can stay! But how will Twilight's other friends react to Crystal? Find out next time.