• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,602 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,602

Go Home, You're Drunk

Author's Note:

Seriously? What kind of title is that!?

Hey, it's hard thinking of chapter names ok??

But this is a sad chapter!

Just go with it okay!?

“Hey… Can I have some more Cider?...” I ask floating up to Buttercup. “It’s really good and I just can’t get enough…”

Sunset just looked at me before smacking her own face. “I guess it is the same if it’s to a pony…” she groaned.

“Is… she okay?” Buttercup asked about to hand me another drink.

“Enough!” Sunset blurted out before grabbing the cider out of Buttercup’s hand. “Please, cider has a different effect on ponies than they do with people…”

“Hey come on! I just want one more!” I exclaimed heading to the kitchen… walking into a wall instead. “Hey who moved the door?”

“Ughhh…” Sunset groaned. Suddenly out of nowhere, Sunset could see her book vibrating. “Huh?” She said opening the book.

“Hello? Sunset? Is Crystal over there with you? It’s me, Twilight… I just want to make sure she made it to you safely.”

Sunset just looked back at me and groaned.

“Yup! Totally safe… nothing wrong here.” I wrote back.

“Something happened, didn’t it.”

“Maybe.”

“What happened!?”

“Well… we were originally headed to my house so I could do a study on her... but the other girls kind of felt uncomfortable with Crystal going with me alone so Applejack came with us, then she had to go back home to tell her parents that we were going to my house and then she asked us to do some chores… then her mother gave us cider and I think Crystal is drunk.”

“...”

“Uhh... Twil--”

“YOU LET MY DAUGHTER DRINK CIDER!!??” Sunset just quickly closed the book, leaving it to vibrate and shake violently.

Sunset just sighed picking me up. “Do you think you could let her rest for a bit?”

“Sure, I don’t mind…” Buttercup giggled petting me a bit. “It looks like she’s already falling asleep… why not let her spend the night here and we’ll bring her to your house in the morning?”

“Actually, her sleeping is what I needed to happen to start helping her… I need to study her activity while she’s having a certain dream… the only problem is, I don’t have my notebook here.”

“Well how about you both just rest here for a bit?” Buttercup asked. “After all you do still seem tired from catchin’ apples…” Buttercup giggled a bit.

“I’m home!” Appleblooms voice could be heard coming from inside the house. She eventually made her way to the backyard and quickly looked at me. “Huh? Crystal?” She said petting me a bit. “You don’t look so good…”

“Applebloom? When did you get here??” I asked looking at her giggling a bit.

“Uhh… Just now… Is she oka--” She stopped when she saw Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer just waved at her awkwardly. “Uh… nevermind.” She said quickly heading to her room. Sunset just sighed covering her face.

“What was that about?...” Buttercup asked looking confused.

“I’d… rather not talk about it.” Sunset said rubbing the back of her head.

“Hey!” I blurted out scaring the other two. “I have an idea! We should all take a field trip to Equestria! I can show you around Ponyville!”

“Are you nuts!?” Sunset asked coving my mouth. “Things are already confusing at it is-- gah!” Sunset yelled moving her hand away. “Did you just lick my hand!?”

“Come on! It was funny when Fluttershy met Fluttershy! Let Buttercup meet Buttercup!”

Buttercup just laughed a bit at how I was acting. “Where is this place anyhow?” She asked about to pick me up.

“I’ll show you!” I exclaimed jumping from Sunset’s arms before running through the house and out the front door.

“Crystal!!” Sunset exclaimed.

“I’ll get her!” Buttercup exclaimed before running after me.

Sunset Shimmer ran close behind her. “Twilight is going to kill me if something happens to her!”

I just kept running for the school while Buttercup and Sunset chased me… Hey Sunset, wanna narrate for me for a while?

What?? This isn’t even my story! Focus!

Fine Fine… I just keep running while avoiding different people who looked at the three of us. “Come on! We’re almost there!” I said looking back at them. I look back ahead of me to make sure I wasn’t running into the road or something. We were almost at the school but Buttercup was getting really close to me though.

“Little filly, stop runnin’!” Buttercup exclaimed trying to grab me.

Right before grabbing me though, I jumped through the statue… causing Buttercup to accidentally fall in behind me. “Ugh..!! Dang it!!” Sunset exclaimed banging her head on the hard part of the statue before jumping into the portal as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Back at The Crystal Empire…

Mom was just pacing the floor literally sweating while waiting for Sunset to respond to her… paragraph long messages in the book. Eventually I just flew out of the portal with Buttercup close behind me. “Crystal!” Mom exclaimed running up to me. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

“Wha… huh?” I said looking around. “That’s weird… I feel fine now.”

Mom just sighed in relief. “I’m just glad you’re okay…” Mom said hugging me before looking at Buttercup. “Oh uh… hello.”

“Uhhh…” Buttercup said staring blankly a Mom… then at herself. “Wait what!?” She exclaimed trying to get up… only to fall over again. “What in the heck is goin’ on… You’re human now…” She said pointing at me. “A-And I’m the pony!?”

“Well… I can try to explain…” Mom said before a certain unicorn fell out of the portal as well. “...As soon as another pony explains what the hay they were thinking!!” Mom exclaimed yelling at Sunset Shimmer.

“I didn’t think the cider was the same!” Sunset exclaimed. “I swear I would never try to do that to her!”

“You were born a pony! Didn’t the thought cross your mind even for a second!?”

“I just said I didn’t think it would be the same!” Sunset exclaimed back. “It’s not like she got hurt or anything!”

“I mean she almost kinda did…” Buttercup spoke up, eventually standing on her four hooves, still wobbling a bit. “She almost ran into the street a few times.”

Mom just darted her head back at Sunset Shimmer, glaring at her. “You let her run off!?!?”

“Alright, let’s all just try to calm down…” Buttercup said slowly walking up to my mom. “I’m sure she didn’t mean any harm. These things happen sometimes.”

Mom just sighed taking a deep breath. But looked right back at Sunset Shimmer. “You’re not doing the tests in that world. You’re doing them here in Equestria where I can see you.” she said before turning to Buttercup. “As for you… you can go back home whenever you feel ready.”

“Actually… Crystal mentioned somethin’ about showin’ me around some place called Ponyville?” Buttercup asked walking up to me.

“Wait you were seriously considering that?” Sunset asked. “Aren’t you afraid of actually running into yourself?”

“Well what’s the worst that can happen?” Buttercup asked. “It’s only for a day… plus I’m sure Granny Smith and Bright Mac can handle themselves back home.”

Mom just sighed holding a hoof to her head. “Just for a day. I don't want ponies going crazy if they suddenly see two of you.”

“I still wonder why Applebloom’s never even mentioned her…” I say thinking for a bit. I looked over at Buttercup who looked like she was thinking herself. “Something wrong?”

“No it's nothin… I guess I just had a strange feelin.” Buttercup responded looking to the side. “So how do we get there?”

“Well… with Twilight’s help, we could just teleport to Ponyville…” Sunset said walking up to Mom… who still looked kind of upset at her. “If… she's okay with that.”

Mom just sighed. “Just touch your horn to mine.” Sunset nodded while moving her horn to my mom’s horn. “You two hold onto us… I'll teleport us to the library.” I just levitated myself on Mom’s back while Buttercup held onto Sunset Shimmer. “Alright Sunset… focus your magic with mine.”

“Alright…” Sunset nodded while using her magic to work with Mom. With both of them using their teleportation magic, all four of us were teleported back home instantly.

“Holy…” Buttercup let out before letting go of Sunset Shimmer. “So that's what real magic is like. Feels different actually feelin it for myself.”

“So where do you wanna visit first??” I ask levitating in front of Buttercup. “There's Sugarcube Corner, Rarity’s boutique, the Apple Farm--”

“Actually, I'd love to visit the apple farm first. I gotta see how a pony orchard compares to ours.” Buttercup giggled a bit before looking down. “So let’s get goin!”

“Well alright…” Mom started. “While you’re away, Sunset and I will figure out a way to perform those tests on you from here.”

“Okay Mom!” I exclaim heading out.

“And don't drink anymore cider!” Mom yelled before I headed out with Buttercup.

Buttercup just laughed a bit as we headed to Sweet Apple Acres. “You really do have a nice mother, Crystal… always looking out for you.”

“She's the best mother in Equestria!” I laugh leading the way. “She's also the best princess!”

“Hold up: Princess!?” Buttercup exclaimed.

“Yup! At least that's what I say.”

--------------------------------------------

Near Sweet Apple Acres

While we were walking to the farm, I just waved at everypony like normally… but something was different. A few of them waved at me for a second until they saw Buttercup… in fact they just kind of froze. “Oh! Before we go to the farm, I have to show you the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse!” I say running to the tree house.

“Wait up!” She exclaimed trying to keep up. “I'm not used to runnin like this!” After a bit of running, we finally made it to the tree house.

Me and Buttercup just climbed the steps leading inside the treehouse. Inside Sweetie Belle was dusting around with her tail. “Hey Sweetie Belle!” I exclaimed running up to her.

She looked to me and smiled until she saw Buttercup. “Uh… Crystal? Who's that?”

“Buttercup, this is my friend Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle, this is Buttercup. I'm showing her around for a bit… she said she wanted to see the Apple farm first but we made a quick stop here first… where is everyone?”

“Applebloom had to stay home and help Applejack with apple bucking to harvest the apples. So the meeting was cancelled for today.”

“You said ‘Apple’ about four times in that sentence.” I said laughing a bit.

“Well it's kind of hard not to when they're literally called the Apple family!”

I just laughed again before heading out the door. “Well we’ll see you later Sweetie Belle… I kind of promised Buttercup that I would show her around Ponyville.” Buttercup just followed me silently.

“It was nice meeting you!” Sweetie Belle waved before going back to dusting. “For some reason something about her felt familiar…” Sweetie Belle said to herself while cleaning.

“Well that was our clubhouse.” I said going down the stairs while Buttercup followed.

We just started walking toward Applejack’s house. Buttercup just looked up at the house for a moment. “It's crazy… it’s almost exactly the same.” She said as we approached the door. Looking around, we didn't see anypony nearby.

I just opened the door and walked in with Buttercup behind me. “Hello?? Is anypony home??” I call out.

“I'm upstairs!” Applebloom exclaimed from her room. “Is that you Crystal?”

“Yeah! I'll be right up!” I exclaim heading upstairs. Buttercup was slowly following behind me. “You okay?”

“I don't know… somethin just doesn't feel right…” Buttercup said quietly. As we reached the upstairs, we could see Applebloom looking through her dresser.

“Hey Applebloom!” I smile waving at her.

Applebloom just stopped to look at me until she saw the pony next to me. Applebloom just froze and stared at her for a moment. “Crystal…? Who’s that…?” She asked walking up to Buttercup slowly.

“You don't recognize me…?” Buttercup asked.

“That's the thing… I've never seen you before in my life but… it feels like I know you.”

Buttercup just paused before opening her mouth again. “Applebloom…? By any chance… is your mother around…?”

“My mother…? N-no… she… passed away years ago… same thing with my daddy… I was too young to remember them…” Buttercup just winced at Applebloom’s response… while I just stood there in absolute shock… oh my god… I think to myself starting to cry a bit. Buttercup started crying as well. “Who are you…?” She asked starting to shake a bit. I slowly go over to Applebloom’s door to close it.

“I'm… Buttercup…” she finally answered. Applebloom just inhaled deeply as if she had lost her breath right then. Her breath even trembled a bit. “I know you think that's impossible but… hear me out first… I'm not the same Buttercup from here… I'm from a different world where a lot of things are different… How we live… what we eat... but I can promise you one thing that’s not different Applebloom. Our love for you is the same.” She said holding Applebloom close.

Applebloom just trembled as tears started going down her face. “B-But you’re still her right…? Y-You’re still my…” Applebloom just broke down in tears, wrapping her hooves around Buttercup. Buttercup just stroked the back of Applebloom’s head, crying herself. “Momma!!!” She cried out holding her tight.

------------------------------------------

“Momma!!!”

“What in tarnation!?” Applejack exclaimed running inside the house. “Applebloom!?” she called out before running upstairs. Applejack just started banging on her door. “Applebloom, what in the hay is goin on in there!?”

“J-just give me a second Applejack…” Applebloom answered sounding like she was crying behind the door.

“What the hay is goin on with that filly…?” Applejack just stood there waiting for her sister to open the door. Eventually Applebloom slowly cracked the door open… her face soaked in tears. “What in the… Applebloom what happened?” She said slowly pushing the door open… only to be greeted by both me and Buttercup. “Hey there Applejack…” Buttercup said with a slight smile, looking like she was crying herself a bit.

Applejack just stood there staring at Buttercup. “W-wha… h-how… I…” she stammered before finally falling over, losing consciousness.



Author's Notes

Hey guys! Weren't expecting a chapter like this, where you? :trollestia: Well there's more to come after this... though what's going on inside Crystal's head from all this I wonder? :trixieshiftright: