• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,623 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,623

Apples

Being carried out of the school, I was looking around for those three girls that saw me earlier… it looked like they weren’t there anymore. “Thank goodness…”

“Huh? Something wrong?” Sunset asked while carrying me.

“No it’s fine… Just something from earlier.” I said before looking at looking at the other girls. “Hey everyone!”

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash said looking back at us, followed by everyone else. “Wait, Crystal??”

“You’re back already?” Fluttershy asked walking up to me to pet me.

“Has it been 30 moons already???” Pinkie asked pushing her hand into the statue portal. “Ooooh!”

“So what have you been up to these past couple of days?” Sunset asked looking down at me.

“Well, I did write to you about the party I had in Equestria… and the dreams that I’ve been happening.”

“Ooohhh, I get why you came back…” Sunset said smiling at me. “Wow, you really didn’t waste any time to come back here.”

“Well you said you’d be able to figure out what was going on right…?”

“I might be able to… have you ever had any negative emotions or anything like that recently? Sometimes that can lead to dreams like that.”

“I don’t think so… in fact, I’ve been pretty happy living with Mom.”

“Hmm… maybe we can do some tests back at home.” Sunset said thinking for a moment. “Maybe even earlier if we’re sent home early because of the mess in the school.”

“Who in tarnation even pulled the fire alarm anyhow?” Applejack asked crossing her arms… until she looked at me smiling nervously. “Wait. . . that was you??”

“Eheh… sorry.” I said rubbing the back of my head.

“Do you think you could do that tomorrow too?” Rainbow asked. “I’m kind of trying to get out of this math test…”

“How about you just study?” I chuckled a bit.

“Wow…” Sunset giggled a bit. “Burned by a filly.”

“Yeah yeah…” Rainbow groaned crossing her arms.

Principal Celestia could be seen walking to the entrance with Luna right next to her. “Alright students… due to the halls being flooded from the sprinklers, I’m afraid we have to cancel classes for the remainder of the day until we can get everything cleaned up…” Celestia sighed.

“There is something else.” Luna added stepping in front of Celestia. “The alarms did not go off because of a smoke detector, someone in the school manually set it off… There was no sign of any fire in the school.” She said in a tone of irritation. “To some of you, this may seem humorous. But this is a very serious matter.”

I looked up at Luna’s face and I could tell that she was pretty upset… Maybe I should say something. “Excuse me.” I said lowering myself from Sunset Shimmer’s arms. Everyone just looked at me in shock, probably to see me again. “I’m the one who pulled the fire alarm… none of them did it.”

“W-what?” Celestia asked looking at me. “Wait, aren’t you Princess Twilight Sparkle’s daughter?” I just nodded in response. “You’re back already…?”

“And what are you doing pulling school fire alarms?” Luna asked still looking annoyed.

“I’m sorry… I was just trying to get someone’s attention here.” I said lowering my head.

“You know… you could’ve just come to my office and I would've paged whoever you were looking for to come by.” Celestia sighed petting my head.

“I guess I didn’t think of that…” I said laughing nervously.

“Well now you know for next time… Thank you for being honest with us-- Pinkie, get your head out of that statue!”

“Huh??” Pinkie said pulling her head out of the portal with her hair all messed up.

“What did you even see in there?” Rarity asked.

“Uhhhh…”


-------------------------------


Back at the Mirror Room in Equestria…

“Hmm… Maybe I should go and check on her in an hour or so…” Mom said looking at the mirror… until suddenly a pink pony head popped out of it. “What the!?” She exclaimed falling backwards. “Wait, Pinkie Pie!?”

“Twilight! You look so cute as a pony!” Pinkie from the other world exclaimed.

“Pinkie what are you--” Mom stopped, turning to the door behind her, hearing hoof steps coming by. “Get back inside!” she exclaimed pushing on Pinkie’s head.


-------------------------------


“I think I scared Twilight…” pinkie said fixing her poofy hair.

“You saw Twilight?” Rarity asked. “How is she doing?”

“It looks like she’s just waiting… I’m surprised she didn’t come with Crystal.” Pinkie shrugged.

“She doesn’t have to… I’m only getting some help here is all.” I said going back over to Sunset Shimmer. The five girls just looked down at me before looking straight up at Sunset Shimmer. “What?”

“Are you comfortable going with her darling...?” Rarity asked. “She did try to kidnap you in the first place…” Saying that made Sunset just kind of look down in embarrassment.

“Well yeah… she said she might be able to help me with my problem.” I said before Sunset picked me up again.

“Twilight didn’t have the answer to your dilema?” Rarity asked.

“Nope… We were going to get some help from Princess Luna, but she was too busy.” I said rubbing the back of my head. “She’s able to look into pony’s dreams.”

“Well I’ll see what I can do for you then…” Sunset said before looking back at the others who were looking at them with a little worry on their faces. Sunset just sighed. “Do any of you want to come by too?”

“I think I’ll go.” Applejack said walking up to us. “I get that Crystal can trust you but--”

“Yeah yeah, I get it.” Sunset mused.

“I’m just sayin’... it’s literally only been a few days.”

“Let’s just go…” Sunset sighed carrying me to her house while Applejack followed.

“Guess I should let my parents know where I’m goin’.” Applejack said pulling out her cellphone to call her parents.

“Huh?” I asked looking back at her already with the phone to her ear.

“What?” she asked waiting for someone to answer.

“Well I never saw your parents back in Equestria… and the pony version of you never really talked about them.”

“Maybe they’re just out of town?” Applejack shrugged as the call went to voicemail. “oh dag nabbit… Sunset do you mind if we make a quick stop back home?”

“I don’t mind… it’s Crystal who asked for the help.”

“Actually I don’t mind either. I’d love to meet your parents.” I just smiled at Applejack.

“Well it won’t take too long. We’re just lettin’ them know where we’re goin.”

“That’s fine.” I said just relaxing in Sunset’s arms while being carried to Applejack’s house.

------------------------------------

At Applejack’s House

“Hello??” Applejack called out after walking in the house.

“Applejack?” A female voice answered coming from the kitchen. “What are you doin’ back home already?”

“Well we had to go home early because of somethin’ that happened at school… someone pulled the fire alarm and now the halls are a mess.” she said trying not to mention who did it.

“Oh that’s good. You can give me a hand with a few chores then.” she said coming out of the kitchen. “Oh, I didn’t know you brought a gue--” she stopped mid sentence when looking at me. “...guests.”

“Eheheh... “ AJ chuckled a bit. “You’re probably wonderin’ about her.”

“That’s a pony with a horn…” Applejack’s mother said just staring at me. “That’s a pony… with a horn.” she repeated.

“Hello.” I said waving at the mother.

“What in the heck!?” she exclaimed stepping back.

“Mom, breathe…” Applejack said trying to calm her mother down. “This here is Crystal… she’s our friend.”

“Your friend?” She asked looking at me closely.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I said trying to not cause too much panic. “I’m Crystal Sparkle.”

“It’s… nice to meet you too.” She said starting to calm down a bit. “I’m Buttercup…”

“Buttercup… That’s a nice name.” I say smiling at her. “Is there anything I can do to help too?”

“You wanna help too…?” Buttercup asked. I just nodded in response. “Well actually Applejack was gonna go around pickin’ the apples off our trees… I’d ask if you wanted to help catch em’, but you don’t exactly have hands.” Buttercup said before slowly poking at my horn.

“Please just don’t pull on it…” I said getting flashbacks to multiple people that tugged or yanked on my horn the first time I came to Canterlot High. “As for catching the apples… I should be able to do that no problem.”

“Really? How?” Buttercup asked before I levitated the bucket out of her hands. “Oh…” She said quietly while just staring at the levitating bucket. “W-well then… I’ll let Bright Mac know that you two have it covered then…” Buttercup said before walking out of the room… still turning back a few times.

“Is she going to be okay?” I ask still levitating the bucket.

“Well my family’s never seen magic or talkin’ unicorns or--... Actually nobody on the planet has seen that in real life.” Applejack answered. “I’ve just gotten used to it myself.”

“Also who’s Bright Mac?” I ask tilting my head.

“That’s my dad’s name… You can see where my brother got his name.” She chuckled a bit. “Come on now Crystal, we’ve got some apple pickin’ to do.” She said heading to the back yard. I just jumped down from Sunset’s arms and followed her. “Sunset, you’re helpin’ too.”

Sunset just sighed following me out the door. Outside we could see a bunch of farm animals walking around. I looked over and saw Buttercup talking to someone else who looked like he was feeding the animals. He looked over at me, seeing me levitating the bucket quickly getting a look of shock. “Hello!” I exclaimed waving at him too. He just waved back at me kind of awkwardly before turning back to Buttercup. “I think this is going well.” I giggled a bit.

Applejack just laughed grabbing a ladder from outside of her shed. “They’ll get used to you eventually, Crystal. Now come on, let’s get to apple pickin’.” Applejack said before tossing a bucket to Sunset Shimmer as well.

“How many trees do we have to pick from?” Sunset asked. “Just a few I’m assuming.”

“Uhhh… try the whole yard.” She said setting up the ladder next to a tree. “Actually, with your magic we should be able to get this done a lot faster.” she said before climbing it. “Alright, how about a practice throw?” AJ smirked before picking an apple from the tree, tossing it toward Sunset.

“I got it!” Sunset exclaimed before catching it in the bucket. “Whew…”

“You’re up Crystal!” AJ yelled before tossing another apple toward me. I just levitated my bucket right under where the apple was about to land. “Nice one! How about we pick up the pace a bit?” she said before grabbing a bunch of apples and just tossing them at us!

“This is more than just a bit!” Sunset exclaimed, running around trying to catch as many apples as she could… getting hit with a few of them. Meanwhile I’m trying to catch the apples in midair with my magic… already struggling to keep up with Applejack. With the apples that were in the air, I tried to scoop them up into the bucket so I could use less magic. But the barrage of apples just kept coming! “Come on Crystal! We can do this!”

“I’m trying my best here!” I exclaim still trying to keep up with Applejack’s throws.

“Aww come on now! Is that all you got?” Applejack chuckled tossing a few more over her shoulder. “Even Applebloom could do this!”

“Wait where is Applebloom??” I asked while avoiding projectile apples.

“Granny Smith is bringin’ her home. You don’t gotta worry about her!” She exclaimed right before the apples stopped flying. “Whoops! Next tree!” she said quickly sliding down the ladder. I was still picking up apples off the ground, getting them into the bucket… is this sweat?

“Applejack… don’t you think you could take it easy on us?” I asked practically begging.’’

“Yeah… I think I’m getting a few bruises.” Sunset Shimmer groaned feeling her face.

“Bruises already?? But we just started!” Applejack chuckled. “Hey Dad! Why don’t you come take over?” She called out.

“What?” Bright Mac asked putting the bucket of food down. “After one tree?”

“We didn’t think picking apples would be this stressful…” Sunset groaned. “Even a pony with magic is having a hard time keeping up…”

“To be fair…” I sigh putting the bucket full of apples down. “I’m still learning…”

“Why don’t you two just relax for a bit then?” Bright Mac said picking up an empty bucket. “We can handle it.” he said following Applejack to another tree.

I just flop on the ground groaning. “I was only using levitation… but I’m already tired.” I say before looking up at sunset Shimmer. “I don’t get it… I levitate myself all the time. Why was this different?”

“Picking up multiple objects is a lot harder than picking up a single heavier one…”

Buttercup just comes back out of the house with a couple of cups of cider, giggling a bit. “Would any of you like a drink?”

“Eheh… thanks Buttercup.” Sunset Shimmer said grabbing one of the mugs.

I just used my magic to levitate the other mug and took a sip out of it. “Whoa… this tastes amazing!” I said before chugging it down.

Sunset Shimmer just looked at me for a moment. “Maybe you shouldn’t be drinking that so fast--... eh… it’s not the same. You’ll be fine.”

Author's Note:

Yeah yeah, I know about the whole thing with Applejack's parents in Equestria... :ajsleepy: but just because it happened in Equestria, doesn't mean the same thing for human Applejack. :ajsmug:

If there's any grammatical errors in this one, please tell me. I was kind of being rushed to head out the door. :twilightangry2:

Stay tuned!