• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,603

The True Mirror Pool

I just groaned walking home from the spa in soaking wet clothes. “Stupid Poison Joke…” I say to myself.

“You were with Fluttershy in the forest, right…?” Mom asked walking right beside me. “She’s been in the Everfree Forest a few times… I wonder what kind of plant you two saw that made you two run away like that…”

“I don’t know… but Mom, can we please talk when we get back home?” I ask while trying to dry out my shirt.

“Hm?” She asked turning to me. “What did you need to talk about?”

“Well… since you looked into my mind, you’ve been acting a little weird.” I said this making Mom look the other way. “...Why did you have to go to Canterlot in the first place?” Mom just kept walking silently toward the library. “Mom?”

“For the Summer Sun Celebration... “ Mom huffed finally answering me. “This is the first Celebration with me as Princess, and they want me to be involved as well.”

“That’s all…?” I asked looking at her. “But when did you even get a letter from Princess Celestia? Spike wasn’t even home yet.”

“I…” Mom stammered a bit.

“Mom, what’s really going on?... are you… lying to me?”

Her eyes just snapped open as soon as I asked. “N-No! Of course not! I really do have to help with the Summer Sun Celebration this year!” She exclaimed before levitating me onto her back. “In fact, we should get you back home right away to get you dressed in some dry clothes and head back to Canterlot!” she said starting to run back to the library.

I just sighed being carried. “Alright, Mom…”

Running into the library, we could see Sunset looking around the library at the books inside. “Ahem…” Mom said clearing her throat.

“Huh?” Sunset asked looking at Mom and me. “O-Oh! Twilight! Um…” Mom just stared at her looking kind of annoyed. “Look, I know you’re mad at me, but I did tell her to stay home… I had to bring Buttercup back home to Canterlot High after all.”

“She fell into a field of Poison Joke…” Mom mused. “Why didn’t you just take Crystal with you?”

“Do you know how much magic it takes for a single unicorn to teleport three ponies?”

“Why teleport then? Why not just take the train??”

“I couldn’t let other ponies see Buttercup…” Sunset sighed lowering her head. “Back at Canterlot High, she lives a normal life with her family but… Here in Equestria… they passed away.”

“W-what…?” Mom asked staring at Sunset. “No wonder Applejack never mentions them… oh gosh, it must’ve been so confusing seeing her again then.”

“Not just that…” I continued. “Everypony was staring at her on the way to the apple farm.”

“Ugh… Hopefully this just blows over… otherwise I’m going to have a lot of explaining to do…” she said before looking at Sunset. “You could stick around for the celebration.”

“Well… Actually I think it’s better if I just head back to Canterlot High myself.” Sunset said rubbing the back of her head. “I don’t exactly feel comfortable seeing Celestia just yet…”

“I understand…” Mom said before taking out a few bits, giving them to Sunset. “These should be enough to get you back to the Crystal Empire… I’ll be sure to visit you sometime soon.”

“Alright, Twilight…” she said before turning to me. “Be sure to visit again soon, okay?”

“Yup…” I nod sighing.

Sunset just looked at me for a moment. “Are you okay…?” she asked. “You seem kind of down.”

“I’ll be fine…” I said slightly smiling at Sunset.

“Well… alright.” She said sounding kind of concerned. “I should get going then… I’ll see you later.” She said before hugging me, heading out the door.

I just look back up at Mom for a moment. “So when do we have to go to Canterlot?” I asked.

“Well we’ll be leaving soon… I may even invite my friends to help with the performance.”

“Well let me know when we go…” I said going upstairs to change my clothes. After changing my clothes, I just go back downstairs and head out the door.

“Huh?” Mom started. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going for a walk around town… I won’t be far away, but I just want to be alone right now...”

“What?... But Crystal--”

“I said I want to be alone!” I snapped before walking out the door… Mom just stared at me in shock as I walked out. “Jeez… How long is she going to say it was just for a celebration?” I ask myself walking through town. Other ponies were waving at me as I walked by… some of them looked like they could tell something was wrong. Some of them even tried to approach me, but I just wasn’t in the mood to really talk with anyone… so I just kept walking.

“Hey Crystal!”

“Hm?” I ask turning to who was calling me. “Oh… hey Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie just stopped and looked at me for a moment. “How come you look so down, Crystal?”

“Look… Pinkie I just want to be alone right now.”

“Aww come on, don’t let your sadness keep you away from your friends!” she exclaimed before lifting me onto her back. “Tell Aunty Pinkie Pie what the problem is.”

“Pinkie please… I just want to find a place to be alone okay? I’d honestly rather not talk about this.”

“Hmmm… I know a place where we can be alone!” She exclaimed before she started running.

“No, Pinkie, I said-- whoa!” I exclaimed being carried by the hyper pink pony. “Pinkie Pie, where are we going!?”

“A secret place!” She exclaimed giggling. “Just don’t tell anypony, okay??”

“At least slow down!” I exclaimed bouncing on her back.

She just stopped and went to a normal walked. “Oopsie! Sorry about that!” She giggled a bit. “Anyways; we’re already here!” She exclaimed as we stopped in front of the entrance to a cave. There was a big boulder right next to the entrance. “Technically I’m not supposed to come here anymore... But it’s just a great place if you want some time with yourself!”

“When did you find this place…?” I asked before walking inside.

“Not too long ago!” Pinkie said hooping inside, following me. “It’s a great place if you want to relax and just talk to yourself!”

“Uhh… talk to myself?” I ask walking deeper in the cave… and stopping after seeing a pool inside an open space. “Whoa…”

“Pretty cool, right??” Pinkie Pie asked walking up to the pool, looking at her own reflection in the water. I just went beside her doing the same thing. “It’s called the mirror pool, and it’s a really special pool too!”

“Special how?... Other than being able to see your own reflection clearly.”

Pinkie just cleared her throat before saying the following words. “And into her own reflection she stared, yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared at the prospect of being truly doubly mared!” she said before diving into the pool.

“What the… Pinkie Pie??” I ask looking into the water… not too long after, Pinkie climbed out of the pool… followed by another Pinkie Pie!? “Wait what!?”

“Yup--! Oh! Before I forget!” Pinkie said before taking a black marker out of her mane. She goes over to the other Pinkie and write the number two on her head. “That way we won’t get mixed up again… eheheh.” Pinkie chuckled nervously.

“Hi!” The other Pinkie exclaimed.

“Uh… Hi.” I answered awkwardly looking at the marked Pinkie Pie. “Wait a second, so this pool can just clone anyone it wants!?”

“What did you think I meant when I said it was a good place to talk to yourself?”

“I didn’t think you meant it literally!”

Pinkie just turned to Pinkie Pie 2. “You can go back now! I was just showing my friend how this pool works.”

“Okie Dokie Lokie!” The other Pinkie exclaimed before poofing from existence.

“What the--!?” I exclaimed staring at the spot where the other Pinkie was. “She just exploded!”

“Oh trust me, they’re okay with it!” I just kept staring for a moment and shook my head snapping back into reality. “Go ahead! Try it out!”

“Um… okay.” I said slowly going back to the pool. “Do I just go in…?”

“First you have to repeat the words that I said for it to work. And into her own reflection she stared, yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared at the prospect of being truly doubly mared. And don’t forget the truly part! This pool can be pretty tricky!”

“Uh… right.” I said looking into the pool again. “And into her own reflection she stared, yearning for one whose reflection she shared, and solemnly sweared not to be scared at the prospect of being truly doubly mared.” I said before going into the water. After a bit, I climbed out of the pool… with another version of me following behind. “Okay… this is seriously freaky.” I said looking at the other me… but something seemed off. “Wait… why are you crying?”

“How can you not be…?” The other me asked rubbing her eyes.

“Maybe you didn’t say the chant right…?” Pinkie asked looking at the other me too.

“No, I’m positive I said it exactly like you said it…” I said looking over the other Crystal.

“Well you are supposed to be me… don’t you remember what happened?” she asked looking at me.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about…”

“... You lost your memory?” the other me asked. “What is your name?”

“Um… you should know; it’s Crystal.”

“Yeah but… is that the only name you know?”

“Obviously… Mom was the one who named me.”

“Mom…” The other me muttered before slowly smiling. “Forget I said anything.”

“Wait what?” I asked confused. “First you came here crying, but as soon as I tell you I don’t know what you’re talking about, you’re happy about it?”

“Trust me Crystal… it’s a good thing that you don’t remember.”

“What…? How is it a good thing!?”

“Because if it were me in your place, I’d be wishing everyday that I had forgotten… Knowing the truth isn’t always for the best, and all I feel is pain from that night… But you can have the chance to not feel that pain.”

“But how come only you can remember what happened??”

“I honestly don’t know… before waking up that day in the alley. All I can remember is a bright light… but after that, there was nothing. I don’t even remember being brought there.”

I just sighed. “So not even you can remember that huh… Well I guess I can’t be mad at you for that… But I still really want to know what happened…”

The other me just frowned now. “Crystal, just stop… I’m not going to tell you what happened. Our mom made it pretty clear that she doesn’t want you to feel that pain either.”

“So she actually does know!” I exclaimed. “I knew she was lying to me!”

“She doesn’t want to hurt you Crystal! Don’t you get that!?” The other me exclaimed back.

“Can’t you tell me anything!? Anything that I don’t remember?!”

“No because you don’t need to know!”

“Yes I do!!” I exclaimed before I was suddenly levitated in the air… by a now angry looking version of myself.

“Crystal 2 wait!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“You want to know what kind of pain I felt?! I’ll show you!!” she exclaimed before tossing me out the cave.

I just grunted hitting the ground outside the cave, looking back at the other me again, I could see her angry with tears in her eyes.

“You have the chance to live a normal life! And you’re just throwing it away!” she exclaimed before levitating me again, pinning me against the wall of the cave… but constantly pushing on me. “You have no idea how much pain we felt that day! I’m not letting you relive it!”

I just cough barely being able to breath under the amount of pressure she was using on me. “Please stop…!”

“Then tell me you won’t keep looking for the answers! Tell me you’ll just stop and listen!”

“Alright! Alright!... I’ll stop…” I groan as the other me slowly lowered me down.

The other me just sighed and looked away. “Do you get it now?...”

“I think so… I could see just how angry you were… it was liked something inside you snapped… and there was no way to fix it.”

The other me just looked down and sighed. “Maybe when we’re older you can know… but right now it’s just too much.”

“Yeah… I think I get that now…” I cough a bit catching my breath.

“Sorry about that… didn’t mean to completely lose it like that.”

“It’s fine… I think I kind of deserve it.” I say trying to catch my breath.

“Yeah you kinda did.” the other me chuckled a bit.

“Jee, thanks.” I mused, both of us just started laughing a bit.

“Awww…! How cute!” Pinkie Pie cooed before taking out a camera. “Now hug!”

I just laughed a bit hugging the other me as Pinkie took a picture of us. “I guess we should both get going.”

“What; you want me to explode too?”

“What-- no I didn’t mean it like that!”

She just laughed a bit. “Calm down… And have fun at the Summer Sun Celebration!” the other me exclaimed before poofing from existence as well.

I just giggled a bit. “You know… maybe I’ll come back to this cave sometime again. It actually helped a lot to talk with myself.”

“Just don’t tell Twilight…” Pinkie whispered. “Keep it our little secret okay?”

“I promise I won’t say a word.” Pinkie just hugs me before hopping back into town. I just groaned holding onto my chest as I head back to the library. “Jeez… I really know how to pack a punch…”

Author's Note:

Next up is the Summer Sun Celebration! :twilightblush: ...... I'm so tired. :pinkiesick:
But it looks like for now, Crystal is done questioning her past... but how long will the silence last? :pinkiecrazy:

Edit: I just did a Zecora without even realizing it. :trollestia: