• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,603

A True Friend Part 1

"Alright Crystal, you're doing great!" Mom exclaimed. She was trying to help me more with my magic. She had me practicing with a book. I don't know why but even though it's one book, it kind of hurts.

"Mom... I need a break..." I said still holding the book but barely.

Mom nodded and I put the book down falling to the ground. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?"

"I'm ok mom... Just tired..." I said slowly getting up. "I need to practice more... It's really hard."

"Don't worry Crystal, it was hard for me when I was younger too." Mom said. "Now, how about I give you a little lesson before bed?" I nodded and she took a book out from one of the shelves. "It's time I taught you more about the elements. For one thing, it's one of the things that make me and my five friends so close. We used its power the day I went to Ponyville. There are six elements total; laughter, honesty, kindness, generosity, loyalty, and magic." Mom said walking to the case holding the elements and took the glass off. She picked each one up and explained what they are, and who holds them. "The elements of Harmony is the main reason why Equestria is safe right now and not in a state of chaos. Without them, I don't know what would have happened."

"Wow... That's so cool..."

Mom smiled and looked at the time. "Wow... It's really late, we should get to bed..."

"Can I sleep with you mom?"

Mom smiled at me. "Of course you can sweet heart." She then levitated me and walked to the bed. But just as she put me down on the bed, there was a knock on the door. "Oh, wait here." Mom walked to the door.

I wonder who's at the door this late. Maybe it's Pinkie Pie. She always comes around at the weirdest times. I thought to myself looking around. Now that I think about it, where's Spike? Is he still taking a bath?? I sighed. I could use one too... I'm really dirty, plus I still have cupcake in my hair... I got up out of bed and started walking to the bathroom. As I made my way in, I saw Spike drying himself off. I smiled and giggled. "Hi Spike!"

"Gah!!" Spike exclaimed falling over. "Oh... Hey there Crystal. What are you doing in here?"

"I need to take a bath too, I'm really dirty."

"Oh," Spike replied. "Alright, I won't bother you then. In fact let me help you." He said turning the bath on again, filling the tub. "There you go." He smiled at me.

"How long were you in there anyways...?"

"A few hours?" He shrugged.

"Why do you stay in there so long?"

"Uh... Because I like water..." He said feeling kind of embarrassed as he walked out.

I shrugged as I took my clothes off and went into the tub. I sighed feeling the warm water. This feels so nice... No wonder Spike stays in here so long... I sighed closing my eyes. I then started to wash my hair and body off but as I was cleaning, I saw a light flash in the corner of my eye. The light looked like it came from where mom was. "What was that...?" I said to myself looking out the bathroom door. "That was weird..." I stopped cleaning myself and got out of the tub drying myself off. As I did, I saw mom walking to the bed.

"Crystal?" Mom asked looking around.

"I'm in the bathroom mom!" I exclaimed putting my clothes on.

"Well, I'm going to sleep alright? Come into bed when your ready."

After I finished putting my clothes on, I decided to tip toe into the other room where mom was. As I did, I saw a weird notebook on the table. Whats this...? I thought to myself opening the notebook. I started looking at the words that were written in it. "This looks like a spell... Maybe that was the flash that I saw." I yawned and put the notebook down, walking past the elements of harmony case... Until I froze. "Huh?" I said looking at the elements. "Did they change color...? I don't remember them looking like this..." I slowly started to lift the glass that were over the elements, and used my magic to take out rainbow dash's element, slowly putting the glass down. "This wasn't pink before... This was red." I looked at the other elements and put Rainbow Dash's element back in the case. "Maybe I should tell mom about it in the morning..." I sighed and walked to the bed where mom is. She looked like she was already asleep. I slowly got in bed with her so that I didn't wake her up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun shined on my face, I noticed mom wasn't in bed anymore. "Huh?" I asked looking around. "Mom?" I got out of bed and started looking around the house. I stopped and looked at the elements... They were still the same as last night.

"Crystal?" Spike asked coming downstairs. "What's going on? Where's Twilight?"

"I don't know but... Spike...?"

"Yeah?" He asked, I just pointed at the elements. "What the!? What happened to the elements of harmony!?"

"I don't know! I saw them like this last night!" Suddenly we both saw the door slam open.

"Spike, Crystal, I need you both to come with me." Mom said closing the door.

"What's wrong??" Spike asked.

"Rarity...I saw Rarity, but there was something wrong! She had Rainbow Dash's cutie mark!!"

"What!?" Spike exclaimed. "Their cutie marks changed too!?"

"Yes they--!" Mom stopped mid-sentence. "What do you mean 'changed too'...?" Me and spike both looked at the elements. Mom gasped at what she saw. "What happened to the elements of harmony!?"

"I don't know..." I sighed. "I saw them like this last night..."

"Last... Night..." Twilight froze in shock. She then levitated me on to her back and quickly ran out the door. "Let's go Spike!" As we ran out, me and Spike saw Rarity with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, trying to control the weather.

"Where are we going!?" Spike exclaimed trying to keep up with mom.

"Fluttershy's cottage.. Or..."

"What is it?"

"When I asked where Rainbow Dash was, Rarity told me that she was at her cottage! Rainbow Dash's cottage!" She exclaimed. "I have a very bad feeling about this..."

As mom ran, I could see how nervous she was. "Mom, please calm down... I'm sure you can fix it." I stopped when I saw we were close to Fluttershy's cottage. Mom knocked on the door and to her surprise, Rainbow Dash was the one who answered.

"Hey guys..." Rainbow said sticking her head out the door.

"Rainbow Dash, what's going on? Why aren't you controlling the weather?" Mom asked. Just as Rainbow was about to answer, there was a loud noise coming from inside, and Rainbow ran back in. "And what is going on in... Here...?" Mom said in shock looking at the mess of animals running around. Rainbow Dash was desperately trying to calm the animals down inside, but putting them in the wrong cages and just having a hard time.

"Mom, I'm gonna go find my friends... I want to make sure that they're okay." I said about to walk out the door.

"Wait! Crystal, are you sure? It could be dangerous!" Mom exclaimed.

"I know, but that's why I have to make sure they're ok!" I exclaimed running out the door.

"Crystal!" Mom exclaimed, but I just kept running. Please, please be okay... I ran as fast as I could to the closest friend's house. "Where to go, where to go..." I said looking around. I then saw Rarity again as she was making the clouds in the sky into a checkered pattern. "Rarity?"

She looked down at me surprised. "Oh Crystal! What brings you here darling?"

"Have you seen Sweetie Belle?"

"I can't say that I have... Why don't you check Pinkie Pie's farm?" She said getting back to the weather.

"Pinkie Pie's farm??" I exclaimed and ran towards 'Pinkie's' farm. This is crazy! All of this happening because of a single spell!? I just kept running until finally I reached the farm. "Sweetie Belle?? Applebloom??" I called out looking for them. "Scootaloo??" I heard sounds coming from the trees, but when I turned to look, I saw Pinkie Pie except her hair and tail was flat. "Pinkie Pie!?" I exclaimed running to her. "What happened to you!?"

"Oh hi Crystal." She sighed. "Nothing, just having trouble getting apples..."

"There's no apples in that tree though..." I said pointing at the empty tree.

"Oh... That explains it..." She sighed moving to a different tree. "If you're looking for applebloom, she's in the barn with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle."

I nodded and ran into the barn, only to find the three confused and scared. "Girls?..."

They both looked at me and quickly hugged me. "Crystal!" They exclaimed.

"We're so happy that nothing happened to you!"

"I'm just happy you're all ok!" I hugged them all.

"So what happened? Where's my big sis?" Applebloom asked.

"You didn't see her this morning?" I asked.

"No... She just vanished."

"And Rarity was trying to control the weather when I woke up..." Sweetie Belle added.

"She still is..." I sighed. "And right now, mom is trying to fix all of this." Just as I was about to sit down, we saw Silver Spoon run into the barn. "What are you doing here??"

"It's the weather... It's too crazy out there!" Silver Spoon said. "Diamond Tiara is still out there, she wouldn't listen when I told her that we should find some place safe to be!"

I looked down for a moment. "Well if you ask me, she'll get what she deserves if she gets hurt!" Scootaloo exclaimed. I then ran outside as fast as I could. "Crystal where are you going!?"

"I'm going to find her." I said and continued running. "She shouldn't be too far away..." I kept looking around for her and finally saw her walking through town. "Diamond Tiara!" I exclaimed running to her.

"Huh?" She said and turned to me. But in a split second, there was a bolt of lightning about to hit her... I managed to save her and push her out of the way...

"Aahhhhhh!!" I exclaimed as the lightning bolt hit me instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She... She saved me...? I thought to myself in shock looking down at her. But... Why would she save me?? I've only been mean to her! I just kept looking down at her... I started to feel worried about her. "Help!!" Was the first the I shouted. "Somepony please help..!!" I looked around and panicked. I then just started pulling her from her shirt through town, hoping to find a place safe enough... Or at least find a doctor. As I looked around, I could see Spike outside the library. "Hey!!"

"Huh?" Spike said looking at me but then looked at Crystal. "CRYSTAL!!" He exclaimed running to the both of us. "What happened to her!?" He exclaimed. "What did you do!?"

"I didn't do anything!!" I exclaimed. "She... She saved me..." I sighed. "A bolt of lightning was about to hit me but she got in the way..."

Spike put his ear to Crystal's chest. "She's still alive..."

"Where's Twilight??"

"She's got problems of her own!" He exclaimed picking up crystals legs. "Come on! We need to get her to a doctor!" I nodded and helped pick her up, running to find the nearest doctor with Spike. As we were searching for one, we saw nurse Red Heart. "Wait!"

"Huh?" The nurse said looking at us. "Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed.

"Please, you need to help her! She was struck by lightning!" I exclaimed putting her down.

The nurse then levitated Crystal on to her back. "I'll do everything that I can." She then started running toward the hospital.

"Crystal... I'm so sorry..." I sighed as a tear dripped down my face.

"You should consider yourself lucky..." Spike said looking at me.

"Huh?..."

"If it wasn't for Crystal, YOU would be the one going into the hospital!" Spike exclaimed angrily at me. "Despite the fact that you were just a bully to her, she STILL helped you!"

"I know..." I sighed. "I'm sorry..."