• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,603

Facing the Pain

The next morning....

“Ugh…” I groaned getting up from bed. I looked over at Mom who was still asleep… so was Spike. I just got up from bed and opened the curtain at the window… only to stop and look at the sky. “Whoa, what the…” I said staring at the sky… I could see both the sun and the moon raised at the same time. “That doesn’t seem right.” I quickly go over to Mom shaking her a bit. “Mom! Wake up!”

Mom just yawned rubbing her eyes a bit. “Morning sweetie…”

“Uh… is it morning?”

“Huh…?” I just pulled her out of bed, dragging her to the window. “Crystal, what’s this--...” She stopped looking out the window, seeing the sun and the moon as well. “--...about.”

“Does this usually happen before the celebration…?”

“No Crystal, this has never happened before… Spike! Wake up!” Mom exclaimed running over to him.

“Ugh… huh? What time is it?” Spike groaned sitting up.

“It’s the middle of the night! But it could be morning. That’s just it! We can’t tell!”

Spike just walked over to me while I was still looking out the window. “Whoa… that’s weird…”

“Come on you two, we have to find out what’s going on.” I just climbed up on top of her back while we headed out the door with Spike following.

When we got outside, we could see multiple ponies looking up at the sky in concern. “What do you think it means!?” One of them shouted.

We just tried to sneak by them until one of them pointed us out. “Princess Twilight will know!”

“W-well… you see… look I’m sure the a completely logical explanation for--”

“Your Highness!” One of the royal guards interrupted. “You must come with us immediately!” he exclaimed leading us away from the crowd and into another room. As soon as we entered they slammed the door shut. “It’s Princess Luna and Princess Celestia…” The guard said with a look of concern.

“They’re gone!” the other guard finished.

“W-What!?” Mom exclaimed. “What do you mean they’re gone!? Where are they??”

“We’re not sure… they simply vanished!”

“That doesn’t make any sense!” I exclaimed. “The Princesses of both the sun and the moon don’t just vanish!”

“Well without either princesses, and Princess Cadence overseeing the Crystal Empire, we await your command Princess Twilight.” The guard said before bowing.

“Wha-- My command!?” Mom shouted. She took a bit and looked down trying to think. “... Alright. I want you to continue the search for Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. We have to find them before ponies start to panic. There must be some clue that can tell us what's happened to them. If you find something, anything, let me know immediately.” The two guard ponies just saluted before heading out the door. Mom just let out a sigh of relief when the door closed.

“Way to take charge, Twilight.” Spike smiled at Mom.

Just before Mom was even able to respond, another guard pony ran in. “Your highness! News from Ponyville!”

“Oh come on, what’s happening now!?” Mom exclaimed.

“It’s the Everfree Forest! It appears to be… well… invading!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” Mom groaned before looking back at me. “You don’t think…”

“It might be those plants that I mentioned yesterday… do you think it might have something to do with the princesses going missing too?”

“I don’t know Crystal… to spread into Ponyville is one thing but to get all the way to Canterlot? That’s crazy! Come on, we have to go back to Ponyville right away!” she exclaimed before running out.

“Wait up!!” Spike exclaimed trying to keep up to us.

“We need to hurry to the train station right away!” Mom exclaimed running as fast as she could.

“Twilight wait! Did you already forget? There’s an easier way to get there!” Mom just stopped making Spike bump into her. “You can fly!” Spike said panting a bit, trying to catch his breath.

“Oh… right.” Mom said looking down a bit. “But Spike I won’t be able to fly both you and Crystal back… plus teleportation for the 3 of us would take too much magic.”

“I’ll try to use my magic to levitate myself and follow you Mom…”

“Are you sure? That’s a pretty long distance Crystal…”

“I’ll be fine Mom… it should be good practice for me anyways.” I say climbing off her back.

“Well… alright, If you say so.” Mom just levitated Spike onto her back instead. “Are you bother ready?” I just levitate myself while Spike nods in response. With that Mom slowly flapped her wings, awkwardly lifting herself up in the air before flying off. I did my best to follow behind.

While levitating myself, I looked over at Mom who looked like she was struggling a bit… and Spike looked like he was pan-- is that a seatbelt?

“I’m really starting to regret my decision!!” Spike exclaimed holding onto Mom tightly.

Eventually after a while of flying we could see the library come into view. “We’re almost there!” Mom shouted. “Come on you two, we need to get the elements of harmony and find the others!” She exclaimed before diving towards the library.

“INCOMING!!” Spike shouted.

“W-Whoa..!!” Mom said flailing a bit before teleporting inside of the library, crashing into a pile of books… While Spike was still outside, slammed against the window.

I just quickly levitate myself to the ground, catching him.”You alright Spike?” I asked as he was shaking.

“N-Next time we wait for the train…” He said trembling a bit. “Thanks for catching me Crystal…”

“You think I’d just let you fall?” giggles a bit petting his head before entering the library.

“Oh thank goodness!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Oh, I hope you know we wouldn't normally go through your books without permission…” Fluttershy said lowering her head a bit.

“Uh… this is a public library, isn’t it?” I asked.

“Well that’s true but--”

“Focus girls!” Pinkie exclaimed. “I dunno if you've noticed, but the Everfree Forest is just a teeny-tiny bit out of control.” She said right before her tail started twitching. She ducked down and a large black vine bursted in, crashing into Rarity.

“Guess it turned out you were missin' something here in Ponyville after all.” Applejack said before closing the window over the giant vine.

“But perhaps you already know what's causing all of this calamity. Has Princess Celestia sent you to dispel it posthaste?” Rarity asked the two of us.

Me and Mom both looked at eachother. “There’s a small problem with that…” I started rubbing the back of my head. “We have no idea where they are.”

What!?” the five exclaimed. “Well do you have any idea of what happened to them!?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know…” I continued. “It might have something to do with these plants though.”

“And we’re going to need the Elements of Harmony to resolve this issue.” Mom added before going into the case to get the Elements. Giving them to their rightful owners.

“Now we just gotta figure out who to aim these bad boys at so we can get Celestia and Luna back and keep the rest of Equestria from becoming plant food! Any ideas?” Applejack asked.

Mom just looked outside thinking for a moment. “Half day, half night... strange weather patterns... out of control plants. I think I'm starting to get a pretty good idea of who we're up against.”

“Who do you think it is…?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well… I know you’re not going to like the answer to this Fluttershy, but the only pony who could’ve possibly done this is Discord.”

“Whoa whoa whoa!” I said cutting her off. “What?? What are you talking about Mom?!”

“I know it’s hard for you to believe Crystal, but before you decided to make friends with him, all he did was cause trouble for us and the ponies of Equestria.”

“And this ain’t exactly somethin’ he wouldn’t do.” Applejack added.

“Agreed.” Rarity nodded. “If anypony is responsible for this mess, it’s Discord!”

“Oh come on!” I exclaimed. “Listen to yourselves! Why are you just pointing hooves without even asking any questions!? What reason would Discord have to do this anyways??”

“Whatever he does doesn’t have a reason!” Rainbow answered.

I just groaned a bit. “Well I want to hear it from him myself!” I shouted.

The others just looked at each other while Mom just sighed. “Alright… we’ll ask him ourselves.”


---------------------------------------------------------


Reaching the center of town, the six went around in a circle while I just watched them. Eventually Mom started the spell and six of them just started floating in the air with a band of rainbows going through their elements… eventually the bands went to the center of them, spinning around rapidly… until Discord could be seen… scrubbing himself?

“Winter Wrap Up, Winter Wrap-ooh!” Discord laughed a bit. “Now, Twilight, you know Princess Celestia said that you were to give me a heads up before you summon me with that little spell she gave you. In case you haven't noticed, I was in the middle of a particularly invigorating shower.” He said drying himself off in front of Mom’s face.

“Enough!” Mom exclaimed pushing Discord back. “Release Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, and stop the Everfree Forest from invading!”

“Mom! Seriously!?” I exclaimed. “What’d we literally just agree on!?”

“He’s up to something Crystal!”

“Why, whatever are you talking about?” Discord asked with a chuckle.

“Don't you play dumb with us, Discord! We know you're the only pony who coulda done any of this!” Applejack exclaimed.

“Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what you've done with the place.” discord said while taking pictures like he was sightseeing. “But I couldn't possibly take responsibility. I'm reformed, don't you remember?”

“Yeah, right! This has got your cloven hoofprints all over it!” Rainbow exclaimed.


“I'll have you know that I have only one cloven hoof.” Discord said as one of his disembodied hooves kicked Rainbow Dash from behind. “Such accusations. And here I thought we were friends.”

“Drop the act, buster!” Even Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “We're onto you!”

“Ladies, ladies, I'm innocent.” Discord responded covering Pinkie’s mouth. “Would I lie to you?”

Yes!” Everypony but me and Fluttershy shouted.

“Um… Maybe?” Fluttershy finally let out… I just groaned hearing all of this.

“Well then, it seems we've reached an impasse.” Discord shrugged. “I'm telling the truth, but you think I'm lying. What do friends like us do in a situation like this, Princess Twilight?” He said laughed a bit. “Congrats, by the way, on the promotion. You totally deserve it.”

“I say we blast him back to stone!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Here, here!” Rarity added before they started floating again.

“Will you all just stop!?” I exclaimed before walking up to Discord. “At least give him a chance to explain himself!”

“Well at least someone has the decency to ask nicely and give me the benefit of the doubt.” He said before picking me up. “You all could learn a thing or two from my dear friend, Crystal over here.”

“Well if you're not the one responsible, then help us figure out who is!” Mom exclaimed.

Discord rolled his eyes before putting me down, starting to knit from the vines around us. “I suppose I could, but after all the hoof pointing and besmirching of my good name, I just don't know if I'm up to it… Why don't you ask your zebra friend if she knows anything?” He asked with an arrow pointing towards Zecora who was walking with a full cart of supplies.

“Zecora!” Mom exclaimed running over to her while the rest of us followed.

“From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!” Zecora said panting, putting the cart down.

“Do you know why any of this is happening Zecora?” I asked helping her out of the cart.

“I'm afraid it is a mystery to me as well, but I may have something that, if combined with a spell…” she said before pulling out a vial with purple liquid. “I do not dare to use it myself, the results would be tragic. It only responds to Alicorn magic… Princess Twilight, you can turn the potion from purple to white. After a sip, you may see why the sky is day and night.”

Mom just looked at the potion and took a deep breath before using her Alicorn magic on it… when she did, the potion did change from purple to white just like Zecora said it would. “Well… here goes nothing.” Mom said before levitating the bottle up to her mouth, taking a sip out of it.

“It doesn’t seem to be wor--” she stopped as her eyes started glowing suddenly.

“W-whoa! What the!?” I exclaimed picking up the bottle. “Zecora what was that spell supposed to do!?”

“If her spell was properly cast, then it has given Princess Twilight a view of the past.”

“She’s looking at the past…?” I asked looking back at her… it looked like she was mumbling to herself a bit. I then just look back at the bottle for a moment.

“I sure hope she’s okay…” Applejack said looking over Twilight with concern.

“Princess Twilight should be fine as long as-- No! Do not drink--!” Zecora shouted at me as I took a sip of the potion myself… eventually even my eyes started glowing and my vision went completely white.

Eventually the light faded, and I saw myself in a different room that I didn’t recognize… but for some reason something about it was familiar. It looked like someone’s kitchen. I turn my attention over to the human woman… who was just sitting at the table holding a coffee in her hands. “Um… excuse me?” I asked… but the woman didn’t respond. “I guess she can’t hear me…”

“Mommy!” a voice yelled out from behind me. The source of the voice soon ran from behind me… running up to the woman.

I just widened my eyes… starting to breathe heavily. “That’s… me…” I quickly glanced over to the woman again. “But that would mean that she’s… my…!!” I sputtered a bit as tears went down my face. “What is going on…? what is this!?”

“Mommy, Daddy said he wanted to show me something fun! Can I go please!?” The other me asked, begging her.

She just looked over at the figure waiting by the door… who I could only assume was my… dad… suddenly I could feel a sharp pain going through my head as the scene changed. I could see Mom and Dad arguing with each other late at night. “What do you think you’ll accomplish by doing this to her!?” she exclaimed. “Our daughter isn’t some lab rat you can experiment on for your stupid fantasy!”

“It’s not a fantasy! In fact it’s so close to becoming a reality! I’ve actually tested my research on multiple subjects: All of them with promising results!” The Dad exclaimed.... for some reason, everytime he spoke, my hands started shaking.

“Other subjects…? Just how far have you taken this!?”

“Does it really matter!?”

“The answer is no! As long as I’m her mother, you will never be allowed to do this to her!”

Suddenly the scene changed again… in the blinding light I could hear the sound of a gunshot which made me flinch. This time when the light cleared, all I could see was a dark room. The other me was sitting on a chair silently. Eventually the father walked up to me holding a needle.... it looked like I was struggling until he smacked the other me in the face.

“What…? My own dad was doing this to me…!?”

---------------------------------------

“Zecora is she gonna be alright!?” Applejack exclaimed. “This is startin’ to make me worried!”

“I do not know...” Zecora responded.

“Well there has to be something we can do!” Rainbow exclaimed. “For Celestia’s sake, we have Twilight crying over here while Crystal is--... wait… is she shaking?”

“Hm?” Discord looked over to me. With curiosity getting the better of him, he snapped his fingers making a strange device appear.

“And just what in the hay is that supposed to be?” Applejack asked.

“Oh hush.” Discord responded before pointing the device at Mom. It just showed a blue sad crying face on the screen. “Well, it looks like Twilight is experiencing a great deal of sadness… While Crystal…” he said before pointing the device at me, getting a red angry face as a result. “Oh dear… is experiencing a great deal of anger…”

“Anger…?” Fluttershy asked with a worried tone.

“It appears what the two are seeing are completely different…” He said as the device beeped, with the anger level increasing. “Oh dear… that doesn’t look good.”

“What doesn’t look good??” Applejack exclaimed.

“It appears she isn’t only feeling anger… but pain as well.” Discord added.

“She’s in… p-pain…?” Fluttershy asked.

“I warned them the results could be tragic…” Zecora just sighed.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Now then… do what I told you to do.” He said sternly.

“B-but it didn’t work the last time…” The other me whimpered. “Please this is just crazy…! I just want to go home! I haven’t seen Mommy in a really long time…!” She cried. I just kept shaking… trembling…

“Just do it Rebecca!” He yelled. “This time I know it will work!”

“Ugh…!” I groaned wrapping my own arms around me after hearing that name. “R-Rebecca… my name’s Rebecca…?”

The other me just sighed looking over to the blocks that were placed on a table… she moved her hand, pointing at the blocks and started to concentrate… in just a few short moments, the blocks then started to rise in the air. “Yes!” Dad exclaimed. “Yes, it worked!”

“What did you do…??”

“I’ve just made magic real!” he exclaimed before grabbing hold of the other me. “And this is just the beginning! We have so many more tests to perform!”


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Back in reality, Mom finally came to, shaking her head a bit… looking at everyone else who was crowding around Me. “Uh… girls?” Just as Applejack moved out of the way to look at me… “W-what the… what happened!?”

“Twilight!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“I’m sorry Twilight. When you were out cold, Crystal drank the potion herself!” Applejack said. “She’s been like this only a little while after you drank it.”

“Is she… okay?” she asked looking over my still body. “...Why is she crying…??”

“Huh?” They all just looked back at me.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“When can I go back to Mommy…?” The other me asked.

“You can’t…” the father responded.

Soon I could start feeling my own heart racing…

“Why not!?” She exclaimed. “Please Daddy… why won’t you let me see her…?” she said crying again. “I really miss her… I know you two always fought but I just really want to see her…”

“It would be impossible even if I wanted to.” He said flatly.

“What do you mean…?” The other me asked… Dad just stood there silently. “Daddy… where is she…?”

“Ungh..!” I groaned falling over.

“She’s gone sweetheart…” He answered.

“What do you mean she’s gone…??” Rebecca asked starting to cry again. “What did you do to her!?”

“I did what I felt was necessary for the future…” Rebecca just stared at Dad... her hands started trembling in anger as well as mine. Tears were streaming down our face… Then the whole building started to shake, and the other me started surging…! “Rebecca! Stop this!!”

“You…… MONSTER……” Rebecca said breathing heavily… Her eyes then went completely blank while looking at him. “I’LL KILL YOU!!”


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Crystal!! Crystal snap out of it!!” I could see Twilight--... Mom shaking me as I came back to reality. “Oh thank goodness!”She said hugging onto me tight. “Thank goodness you’re alright!” Without warning I just fell to my knees… tears streaming down my face as my whole body trembled. “C-Crystal… what’s--”

“I-It was me… It was me who said it… It was my Dad that killed her…… AND IT WAS ME THAT KILLED HIM!!!” I screamed crying.

Author's Note:

Trying my best to get back into the pattern of getting these chapters out... hope you enjoy it.