• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,603 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,603

Magic Of Friendship

"What!?" Mom exclaimed. "THEY DID WHAT!?"

"They tricked me into going to the forest..." I said hanging my head down.

"Of all the dirty little tricks!!" Mom said getting angrier. Then she stopped when she heard crying... My crying... "Crystal...?"

"I'm sorry mom..." I said trying to hold back tears. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have listened to them..."

"Hey..." Mom said pulling me into a hug. "It was a mistake... Anypony your age could make it... What exactly did they tell you?"

"They told me that they were sorry... And that they wanted to make it up to me..."

"Well trust me Crystal, they will be sorry..." Mom said comforting me. "Just stay close to your friends in school okay? They'll protect you and help you."

"Okay mom..." I kissed her cheek. "Thanks..."

"And don't forget," spike said walking up to us. "Twilight will always be there to help you too. You just have to remember to talk to her about it. Don't be afraid to tell her anything. And if you want, you can talk to me too." He grins. "I may be a dragon but I won't bite."

"Thanks Spike..." I said smiling a little bit.

"See?" Mom said. "We're all here for you no matter what." She let go of me. "Don't ever forget that."

"I won't..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here you go Crystal!" Pinkie exclaimed giving me a cupcake.

"Thanks Pinkie Pie." I said smiling at her and paused for a second. "Pinkie?"

"Yes Crystal?"

"What do you usually do if you're feeling sad?"

"Well, I do a lot of different things!" She exclaimed. "I talk to my friends, I bake, I sing, I take care of the cake twins; sometimes all at once!"

"Hmmm... What songs do you sing?"

"Songs that make me happy of course!" She exclaimed. "For example..." She cleared her throat. "My name is Pinkie Pie~ and I am here to say~ I'm gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day~!" She sang. "It doesn't matter now~ if you are sad or blue~ because cheering up my friends is just what Pinkie's here to do~! Because I like to see you smile smile smile! Yes I do~!" She sang pulling me onto her back. "It fills my heart with sunshine all the while~ yes it does! Cuz all I really need's a smile smile smile~ from these happy friends of mine!" She giggled. "Come on Crystal, you try!" She exclaimed.

"Huh?? Me??"

"Of course!"

"But I don't know the song!"

"Then try singing the first thing I sang!" She giggled.

"Okay..." I cleared my throat now. "My name is Crystal Sparkle~ and I am here to say~ I'm gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day~" I sang still feeling nervous.

"It doesn't matter now!" Pinkie continued. "If you are said or blue~"

"Because cheering up my friends is just what we are here to do~!" Me and Pinkie both sang. "Because we like to see you smile smile smile~! Yes we do~! It fills our hearts with sunshine all the while~ yes it does~! Because all we really need's a smile smile smile~! From these happy friends of ours~!" We both started laughing.

"That was great Crystal!" Pinkie exclaimed with a bright smile.

"Thanks Pinkie Pie" I smiled back at her. "You were right, singing really does help me feel better!" I exclaimed hugging Pinkie Pie.

"I'm glad I could help!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Oh! How would you like to help me bake?" She asked me.

"But... Last time I tried, I burnt everything, remember?"

"Well you were by yourself that time!" Pinkie giggled. "This time I'll be here to help you every step of the way."

"Thanks Pinkie Pie... You really are a great friend." I smiled again at her. "So what are we going to bake?"

"How about a big cake?"

"Sounds fun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, is there anything else you'd like me to do Twilight?" Cheerilee asked.

"Yes." I nodded. "I'd like you to keep a close eye on those two fillies."

"Don't worry, they learned their lesson after detention."

"Actually I really doubt that." I said looking a little mad.

"What do you mean?"

"Those two fillies didn't learn any lesson at all. All they did was trick my daughter into going inside the everfree forest!"

"What!?" She exclaimed. "Diamond Tiara told me that she was going to apologize!" Cheerilee said angrily. "When they come into school tomorrow..." She sighed "I'm so sorry about this Twilight, I never wanted any of this to happen..."

"It's alright... Can you also do one more thing for me?"

"Of course."

"Could you get to know Crystal better? This isn't exactly her world so, she's still getting used to living with ponies... You think you could do this for me?"

"Of course Twilight." She smiled. "Besides, it'll be great to know more about her."

"Thank you so much Cheerilee, this means so much to me..."

"It's no trouble Twilight. I make sure all my students are treated fairly. Even if Crystal isn't a pony, she has the heart of one."

I smiled at the thought. "Yeah... She does..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Pinkie?" I asked.

"Yes Crystal?"

"How about instead of making a cake, we make cupcakes instead...?" I blushed a bit hoping I don't burn anything again.

"Sure~!" Pinkie beamed. "That's easier!"

"Really... Then why'd I mess up so bad?"

"Oh, you just don't have the song memorized yet~"

"Wait, another song?" I I tilted my head.

"Yup~!" She exclaimed and cleared her throat about to sing. "All you have to do is take a cup of flower add it to the mix~ next just take a little something sweet not sour, a bit of salt just a pinch~" she bounced around getting the ingredients together. "Baking these treats is such a since, add a tee spoon of vanilla~ add a little more and you count to four and you never get your fill-a~! Cupcakes~! So sweet and tasty, cupcakes~! Don't be too hasty, cupcakes~! Cupcakes, cupcakes, CUPCAKES~!" She finished singing and smiled brightly at me holding a finished batch of cupcakes.

"Uh... I don't think I can do that like you..." I said still surprised.

Pinkie giggled. "It's fine. You wouldn't be the first to say that." She the looked at the watch that was seemly on her hoof before. "Hey, it's getting pretty late, I think Twilight is expecting you back by now."

"Oh! Right!" I then ran to the door. "Thanks for everything pinkie pie!" I ran through the door.

"Your welcome!" She exclaimed and waved at me. "And don't be afraid to come back ok?"

"I won't!" I exclaimed running toward moms house. Thankfully the house wasn't too far away. Actually it was really close. I then went inside and called out for someone. "Mom? Spike?" I walked inside but no one answered. "Hmm. I wonder where they went..." As I went inside and looked around, I made my way into the kitchen. "I need to eat something other than cupcakes... I'm getting kind of sick..." I looked around the kitchen but all I found the was even close to good was bread and lettuce... Maybe a tomato. I shrugged and started making a sandwich. But it was kind of messy... And by kind of, I mean really messy. I sighed and started eating it. It wasn't bad... At least it's not another sweet.

I went over to the library part of the house and started looking through the books there. Mom said that there were some kid books that I could read... But something interested me. "The magic in a Non Unicorn...?" I picked it up and opened it. "That's a lot of words...." I sighed and started reading it. "The magic of a unicorn has always been a mystery to earth ponies and pegasai alike... Unicorn magic can... Diff...differ from the cutie mark on a unicorn..." I said struggling to read it a bit. "All magic is channeled through the horn... However there are ponies that can use magic who aren't unicorns... Huh...?" I read and kept reading. After about an hour of reading I decided to take a break and put the book down. "Wow... So does this mean that even I could use magic...?" I asked myself out loud. As I was thinking about the possibility, I heard the door open. "Mom?" I said walking to the door.

"Crystal!" Mom exclaimed hugging me. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here, I didn't expect you to be home until later..."

"It's okay mom, I'm fine." I smiled at her.

"How long were you waiting...?"

"An hour I think.."

"An hour??" Mom exclaimed. "That's not okay!"

"No really mom, it's fine!" I said. "I even did some reading..."

Mom blinked at me. "You were reading...?" She asked and I nodded picking up the book showing her. "The magic in a Non Unicorn...?" She asked tilting her head. "Isn't that a little advanced for you, Crystal?"

"Have you read it?" I asked.

"I've read nearly every book in this library..." She blushed a bit. "Why did you choose this book anyways?"

"Because I thought it was pretty cool..." I said giggling a bit. "Does this mean I can use magic too mom?"

Mom blinked at me but put her hoof to the back of her head. "I hadn't really thought about that..." She finally spoke. "I suppose there might be a small chance that it's possible..."

"Really??" I beamed. "Can I try? Can I try??"

"Whoa whoa! Take it easy Crystal." Mom laughed. "If you really want to, we can try tomorrow."

"YES!!" I exclaimed hopping around. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!"

"After school tomorrow." She finished.

"Awwwww!"

"This is going to be interesting..." Mom said smiling.

Author's Note:

Yeah, sorry I've been running late with these chapters... I've just been really busy... And hopefully I'll have the next chapter up today as well