• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,602 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,602

School Days

After a lot of silence, I finally got up from the ground with Mom following my lead. “Are you going to be okay, Crystal?...” Mom asked still trying to comfort me.

“I just need some time…” I say holding onto the two necklaces I had on. “But I’ll be okay. We should go back to Equestria so I can get some more practice for the Summer Sun Celebration.”

“...Huh?” Alexis asked from behind me. “What are you practicing?”

“Well… why don’t we talk more about it in the car?” I suggest. “I feel kind of uncomfortable staying here…”

“Yeah, I don’t blame you.” Mom added looking kind of antsy herself. Jason and Melissa just lead the way to the car. “Especially since it’s still dark…” she added.

“Oh duh.” I said to myself before making a ball of light, making it easier to see. “There we go.” I say before continuing. … Then stopping as soon as I realized I was the only one walking. “Oh… right. I did tell you what my dad did to me, right…?”

The only other three human beings were just looking at me in shock. “Yeah but… still kind of hard to believe.” Jason said being the first to speak up.

“It may not have come naturally at first…” Mom started. “But her magic has really improved since she first discovered she could even use magic.”

“You still have to help me with teleportation though.” I giggle walking again toward the card.

“You seemed to be doing fine before.” Mom jokes.

“Oh you know as well as I do that was only because of the poison joke.” I huffed a bit. “Honestly, I was teleporting all over the place… I even went to this weird village I’ve never seen before.”

“Weird village?” Mom asked tilting her head. “Did you see a name?”

“No… but I did see a pink unicorn with an equal sign as a cutie mark before I teleported again.”

“A pink unicorn with a… huh? Don’t think I’ve seen a cutie mark like that before.”

“Uh… mind if I cut in?” Melissa asked as we all got close to the car. “What’s a cutie mark?”

“A cutie mark is basically something that appears on somepony when they realize what makes them special.” Mom answered. “It appears here on our flank.” she adds, motioning to her flank.

“Kinda wish mine was simply on my leg or something…” I chuckled blushing a bit.

“Wait.” Jason started.

“Yours??” Both Jason and Melissa asked in shock and confusion.

“Eheh…” I giggle nervously rubbing the back of my head. “Well a lot of things happened that’ll probably take way too long to explain anyways and… well. One thing lead to another, and yeah; I got a cutie mark too.”

“But didn’t she say only ponies usually get it?” Alexis asked.

“Yup… and for a short time, I was a pony.” I say. “I’d show you but I left the picture back at Equestria.”

“Well can’t you just show us your cutie mark?” Alexis asked eagerly.

“U-uh… well… you see…” I stammered getting nervous again. “The thing is… while I’m human, my cutie mark is kind of on my… you know…” I say kinda hinting where it is with the direction I’m looking at.

Melissa is the first to get the idea and even blushes for a moment. “Has anyone seen it?”

“Only my pony friends in Equestria.” I respond. “For everypony else it’s not really weird for where it is. I even showed ponies at my school.”

“School!” Alexis shouted. “Becky, please you have to stay just a little bit longer so that you can let everyone know that you’re okay!”

“What? But I have to make it on time for the Summer Sun Celebration in time… plus can’t you just tell them I’m okay?”

“Becky, everyone at school thinks you died; who would believe me!?” Alexis said urging me to agree. “Please Becky!!”

“Nnghh…” I groan a bit looking back at Mom.

Mom just sighs in response. “I suppose It’ll be night time by the time we get back… for whatever reason, night and day is reversed here. Just know that if you do stay, you might not get as much sleep…”

“So you’re saying I have time then??” I ask excitedly.

“A little time!”

“Yes!!” I cheer getting into the car before everyone else.

______________________________________________

At Alexis’s house…


“Wow… it’s been so long since we’ve had a sleepover like this!” I exclaim flopping onto her bed. “What should we do first??”

“Well…” Alexis started. “‘I’ve been pretty curious about this since you told us about it; Do you think you could show me your cutie mark??”

“Huh?” I blush a bit surprised by the question.

“Come on! It’s just us in here anyways! Please??”

“Alright! Alright!” I huff slowly lowering a bit of my pants, showing Alexis my cutie mark. “Happy?”

“It… looks like a tattoo…” Alexis admitted tilting her head a bit.

“Yeah well this is the kind of tattoo that can’t be removed at all.” I say raising my pants back up. “Anything else you want to do?”

“Well… are you still a fan of RWBY?”

“What kind of question is that? Of course I am!” I responded. “Though I haven’t seen anything since the 3rd season I think.”

“Oh my gosh, you have a lot of catching up to do then.”

“You better not tell me what happens!” Alexis just laughed. “Hey! What’s so funny??”

“Nothing, I’m just really happy… happy that we can still hang out like this… happy that... you’re still here…” She said suddenly wrapping her arms around me sobbing uncontrollably over my shoulder. “You were always my best friend, Becky. I didn’t want to believe you were gone…”

I just slowly wrapped my arms around her tightly crying over her as well. “If I had all my memories at the time, I probably would’ve asked to see you sooner… to let you know I was okay…”

“You lost your memories?” Alexis asked, wiping her own tears off her face.

“Temporarily yeah… Princess Celestia erased my memories of what happened. And I guess that included memories of my family and friends here on Earth.” I said wiping the tears off of my face as well. “I’m not mad at her for doing it… I mean I was a little upset that she lied to me. But I know she was only doing it to keep me safe.”

“Wow… must be amazing being protected by an actual princess.”

“Yeah… that’s only one of the few amazing things.” I smiled thinking about it. “All the friends I made… all the places I’ve been to; all of it was amazing.”

“Do you think maybe I could come to Equestria with you some time to visit…?”

“Believe me, I would love you to come and visit more than anything… But I’d have to get Princess Celestia’s approval for that first… and trust me, you don’t want to go against a pony who has the magical ability to raise the sun.”

“Raise the sun??” Lexi asked mouth agape. “But… that’s insane! One pony is in charge of raising the sun??”

“And her sister, Princess Luna, is in charge of raising the moon.” I added.

“Jeez… this all sounds like something out of a fairytale.” Lexi giggled a bit. “I can’t wait for everyone in class to see you again.’

“Same… actually. I think I got a little silly idea on how I’m gonna do it.”

“Oh? What kind of idea?” Lexi asked getting closer to listen.

“Well……”


______________________________________


Meanwhile downstairs…


One male human adult and one purple alicorn (myself) were just sitting across from each other at the dining room table. “So…” I said trying to break the ice of the conversation. “You’ve got a really nice home here.” I smiled nervously not really knowing what to talk about with them.

“Oh uh… thanks.” Jason responded taking a sip of coffee. “You have really nice… wings.” he responded awkwardly.

“Eheh… thanks… they’re still kind of new.” I responded just as awkwardly.

Out of nowhere the two of us heard laughter coming from upstairs. “Those two are definitely having fun… it’s almost like she never left.” Jason laughed a bit.

“I wonder what they’re laughing about up there.”

Melissa walked in with another cup of coffee and placed it in front of me. “Did you want any sugar, Twilight?”

“Two cubes please.” I nodded before she dropped two sugar cubes inside for me. I just stirred the coffee with a spoon. “Thank you.”

“Honestly… we should be thanking you.” Melissa responded. “I know Rachel would be happy that you were taking care of Rebecca all this time.”

“What was Rachel like actually…?” I asked levitating the cup to take a sip.

“A very open minded person… someone who always tried to see the good in anyone.”

“Heh… I guess I can see where Rebecca gets her personality from.”

“She always went out of her way to do whatever she could to help someone… especially when it came to her daughter.” Melissa added. I just looked down and sighed placing the cup of coffee down. “What’s the matter?”

“It really hurts to know that Rebecca went through all of this… just because of what her father did. I know I won’t ever be able to replace her real mother… I just hope I’m enough to keep her smiling everyday.”

“Aw come on. You’ve got to give yourself more credit than that. She’s obviously been happy living with you.” Jason responded. “Besides, if she was unhappy, I’m pretty sure she would’ve said something by now.”

“Yeah… I can tell she loves you very much Twilight.” Melissa added before smiling at me. “And something tells me you feel the same way about her.”

“Huh?” I asked before feeling tears drip down my face. “O-oh…” I blushed a bit before wiping my eyes. “She’s basically been part of my life now… I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if something happened to her.”

“And that’s why you need to keep being Rebecca’s mother… I really think you two need each other.”

“Just promise to visit once in a while, okay?” Jason added. “You and Rebecca are always welcome here.”

“I just wish there was an easy way for us to stay in contact with each other…” Melissa sighed. “I’m guessing ponies don’t exactly have cell phones that could reach another world.”

“Hmm…” I thought to myself for a moment. “Wait a minute! I know a way we can keep in touch!” I quickly got out of my seat and teleported back to Ponyville where Celestia was talking with Spike.

“And this pony’s power is to go super fast!” Spike said showing a comic to Celestia. “And this one--” He stopped when he saw me. “Oh hey Twilight!”

Celestia just looked around with a bit if concern on her face. “Where’s Crystal?”

“She’s back at her world talking with one of her old friends. Actually I’m glad you’re still here princess. Could you do me a little favor?”

“And what would that be?”

“Well you know how you made a set of books that let you and Sunset Shimmer communicate with each other even though you were far away? Do you think you could make two more so that Crystal and her friend in her world could still stay in touch too?”

“Well… I don’t see why not…” Celestia responded before closing her eyes to focus on a spell. After a few moments, two blank books appeared; both with Crystal’s cutie mark on the cover. “There…” she said levitating the books to me.

“Thank you so much Princess Celestia… now could you teleport me back please?” I asked smiling sheepishly.

Celestia chuckled before casting the spell to send me back where I just teleported from; in front of Jason and Melissa. “I’m back!” I exclaimed catching Melissa and Jason off guard. “I’ve got the perfect way for us to keep in touch!” I said before showing the two books to them.

“Uhhh… books?” Jason questioned picking one of them up.

“Got anything to write with?” I asked holding the first page open.

“Yeah, I do.” He answered picking up a pen.

“Now open the book to its first page, and try writing something in it.” I said just looking at the same page. “Anything.” Jason just used the pen and started writing in the book… though what he said kind of confused me. “What’s ‘Harry Potter’?”

“Wait, seriously??” He said actually surprised it worked. I just nodded and showed him the book I was holding. It showed exactly as he wrote; handwriting and everything. “Holy… this is like instant messaging with books!”

“And as long as we each have one of these books, we’ll be able to keep in contact with each other. Who knows? Maybe this is just a step closer to making an actual portal between our worlds.” I said closing the book. “So back to what I asked before; what is Harry Potter?”

“It’s just a book series… Seven books to be exact.”

I just widened my eyes in excitement a bit. “Do you… maybe have all these books that I could look at?”

“Yeah, check the bookshelf over there.” Jason said pointing at the large bookshelf.

“Oh my gosh!!” I exclaimed quickly flying over to the book shelf. “So many books that have yet to be read!” I said practically salivating at the thought. “Even books on human history!!” I exclaimed looking back at Jason. “May I… please read through these?” I asked trying to calm down a bit.

“Sure, be my guest.” Jason chuckled a bit in response.

“Yes!!! I am NOT sleeping tonight!!” I exclaimed grabbing the first Harry Potter book, quickly starting to read it.

______________________________________


The next morning…


“Becky… pst… Becky…!”

“Nnng… 5 more minutes…” I groaned rolling around in bed.

“Becky!!”

“Gah!!” I quickly moved my head up only to hit Lexi’s head in the process. “Owwww…!”

“Nngh… sorry…” Lexi chuckled rubbing her own head. “But we have to hurry or we’ll be late for the bus, remember?”

“Oh right!” I exclaim quickly getting out of bed. I then just started to put on a familiar black dress and skirt on before covering myself with a red hood. “How do I look?”

“Weeeell…” Lexi responded, pulling out a pair of scissors from her drawer.

“Nope!” I exclaimed covering my head. “You are not cutting my hair!”

“Aw come on!”

“My head will be covered by the hood! It doesn’t need to be cut!”

“But it needs to be cut to complete the outfit!” I just levitate the scissors out of her hand in response. “Ugh… fine!” Lexi pouted before sticking her tongue out at me.

I just did the same back at her jokingly before we both ran downstairs. Out the corner of my eye, I could see Mom reading intently at a history book. “Uhh… Mom?”

“Huh?” She asked looking up at me, then the time. “Is it morning already? I don’t know, I didn’t sleep………………….. wait.” she quickly darted her eyes back to me. “You’re bringing your Nightmare Night costume to school??”

“1. It’s Halloween here. 2. I doubt it’ll be a big deal Mom. People will probably love it there too-- have you really just stayed up all night reading books?”

Mom just let out a wide yawn in response before rubbing her eyes. “Maybe I did go a little bit overboard… Just remember that we both need to go back to Ponyville soon so that the both of us can get some sleep…”

I just giggled at her tired eyes. “Don’t worry, Mom. I’m sure Lexi’s Mom or Dad can pick me up in an hour.”

“Well, Melissa can. I have to head to work…” Jason said adjusting his tie. “If we don’t see each other before you head back, I hope you and Twilight have a safe trip back Rebecca.” he said before quickly heading out the door.

“Are you ready to go you two?” Melissa asked us.

“Yup!” I smile putting my hood on over my head.

“Yeah, I’m ready for chaos.” Lexi chuckled getting her backpack on. The both of us just laughed as we went outside waiting for the bus to stop by. I quickly put my hood back over my head to hopefully not be recognized right away. I was so excited, I didn’t even realize I was levitating. “Uhhh…” Lexi let out in surprise looking at me.

“Huh?” I asked looking… down at her. “Oops!” I blushed a bit before lowering myself back down.

“You know, we want people to see you’re alive and not think that you’re a ghost, right?” Lexi just laughed. “That is pretty cool though. I’ve always wanted to be able to fly. Kinda wish human beings could just learn to use magic like that naturally.”

“Heh… before I got my memories back, I honestly thought that I did learn magic naturally… Well you can see where that went when I found out the truth about it.” I huffed still waiting with her. After a few moments, the bus had finally stopped and the two of us walked in with me following close behind.

“Hold it.” The female bus driver said toward me. “I don’t recall picking up two students here.”

Before I got a chance to say anything, Alexis spoke first. “She’s just a friend from my class. Me and her spent the night together to work on a class project.” I just nod in agreement.

“You know, normally I’m supposed to get a permission slip for this sort of thing. But I’ll let it slide this once as a warning.” The bus driver said before closing the door. “Besides, with the traffic we’re going through, I can’t afford to be anymore late than I already will be.”

“Thank you Miss. Christine.” Lexi said before we made our way to an empty seat together. “Kinda forgot we needed a permission slip for this… guess we just got lucky.”

“Heh… yeah…” I said awkwardly, already feeling people staring toward my direction. I just tried to keep my head down so people wouldn’t see me yet.

“Hey.”

“Hm…?” I slowly tilt my head to the voice.

“What’s up?” The girl asked. “You just come on the bus with Lexi and not say a word?”

“S-Sarah--!” I quickly get cut off by Lexi covering my mouth.

“Sarah, she’s just an old friend who wanted to visit the school she used to go to. It’s nothing weird.” Lexi answered.

“Hmm…” Sarah thought to herself. “A weird girl, wearing a weird red hood deciding to just randomly want to see her old school? Are you getting at what I’m saying here?” She crossed her arms skeptically. “And if she used to come to our school, how come she doesn’t just tell me who she is?”

“Wow Sarah… you used to be so quiet and kept to yourself most of the time… what happened?” I asked still not showing my face.

“How the heck would you know that…?” Sarah asked a little shocked.

“Well… you mostly talked with one person… right?”

“W-well… yeah but she’s…”

“Dead… that’s what you were about to say right?” I answered for her.

There was a slight pause before Sarah spoke again. “Who the heck are you…?” I just motioned her to come to our seat to come closer. When she did, I slightly moved my hood enough for her to see who I was. Sarah took a second to process who I was, but immediately covered her own mouth before letting out a gasp into her hands. Tears slowly starting to stream down her face. “Y-you… You’re…”

“Shhh…” I covered Sarah’s mouth. “Not yet.” I whispered. Without a warning, Sarah wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug, quietly crying over me. I just returned the hug. “For now… just call me Crystal.” I whispered to her to her before letting go. The three of us just sat on the bus talking with each other quietly, still getting more awkward stares from the other students… especially after seeing Sarah cry like that. Eventually the bus finally stopped at the school. I quickly got up out of my seat and ran for the bus door as soon as it opened. I just walked toward the school door, only to stop after seeing one of the memorial stones on the path. Of course, it was a stone with my name on it. I just quickly shook it off and went inside of the school building. “I think Lexi said it was room 106…” I said to myself following the signs that directed me where to go, avoiding all eye contact while doing so.

Upon entering the classroom, I could see that I was the first one inside… not including the teacher. The other students would probably be talking with each other until the first bell rang. “Excuse me.” The teacher said. “Do you need something?”

I looked up at the teacher and recognized her right away. “O-oh… Hello Mrs. Peachwall.” I tried to clear my throat. “Well… I’m just here making a little announcement to the class. I’m sure it’ll spread as soon as I do so I won’t need to go to any other classroom.”

“Um… what kind of announcement?” she asked taking a sip of coffee from her metal cup.

I just slowly removed my hood to show my face to her.

CLANG

The sound of metal hitting the floor echoed through the empty classroom, along with the sound of liquid dripping from the metal cup now on the floor. I just smiled at her shocked and frozen expression. “It’s good to see you again.”

“You’re… I’m awake right? This isn’t some crazy realistic dream right now?” I just walked over to her and hugged my old teacher. “N-no way… this feels way too real to be a dream… but then… You’re really here…!” She exclaimed, lowering herself to return the hug. “W-wait, does this also mean that your mother is…?” she asked.

I just frowned and shook my head. “She’s really gone…”

“What about your father…?”

“...Killed.” I answered flatly.

“Then… where have you been all this time? How have you been getting by?”

“I was… adopted. By someone who takes care of me now. It wasn’t an official adoption… but I knew I could trust her with my life.” I paused and smiled a bit. “I guess you could also say I had an angel watching me too.” Hearing footsteps, I quickly put my hood on. “Don’t worry, I’ll explain everything as soon as everyone else comes in.” I say quickly taking a seat in the back of the class.

“R-right…” Mrs. Peachwall said, sitting in her chair to process this.

The first student to enter the classroom was actually Alexis. She looked at the teacher’s expression and then toward me. “There you are Becky! You had me worried…” she said sitting in the seat next to me. Looking back at the teacher she could only laugh. “I can see she took the news well.”

“Oh very.” I just laughed back with her. Mrs. Peachwall just sat at her desk, mumbling incoherently. Soon the bell rang and students, both male and female, started walking in the class. Some of them took notice of me while others just went about their business. They were either texting or playing on handheld consoles. “Well I can tell nothing’s really changed…” I whispered to Alexis.

“C-class, before we get class started, there’s something that has to be said...” Mrs. Peachwall said trying to get herself together. “And for pete’s sake, put away your devices! Today is a very important day!”

“Why? Are we getting a quiz or something?” one male student asked.

“What? But we weren’t told to study last night!” Another student blurted out.

“No it’s not a quiz…” the teacher huffed. “We have a very important announcement to make…”

“We?”

With that I just stood up off of my seat and walked to the front of the classroom. “Hello everyone.” The class just looked at me in utter confusion. “Most of you probably already know about the student who went missing some time ago. In fact this student was announced dead… Well I’m here now to tell you all that she is very much alive.” I finally said before removing my hood one more time. “Because she’s standing right here.” I looked over at the class who just had a majority of dumbfounded expressions. Whispers and murmurs were going through the room. “I know this is probably crazy to most of you…” As soon as I say this, a flash from a camera hit me. “H-hey!”

“Connor!” Mrs. Peachwall yelled. “Put that phone away right now! That is completely disrespectful!”

He quickly started typing on his phone and put it away right after. I just sighed. “Well I knew that was bound to happen.”

“So, tell us, Rebecca…” Mrs. Peachwall started. “What exactly happened to you while you were gone?”

“Heh… I hope you like long stories…”

About a half hour passed as I was telling the whole class what happened. I told them about what happened with Mom and Dad. I told them about the time I was just alone in the streets… then I told them about who found me. “Hold on. Wait a second.” one of the students said interrupting me. “A crazy father who tried to force your body to do magic… and now a purple unicorn adopted you??” he asked skeptically. “Don’t you think that’s kind of insane to be real?”

“If I didn’t have any evidence to back it up, then yeah.” I said before using my magic to levitate the student’s pencil, writing the word ‘proof’ on his paper in front of him.

The teacher just stared at me and then back at the other student for a moment. “I think I need something hard to drink…” She said holding her head. “You can actually use magic!?”

“Yup. My mom, Twilight has been teaching me to control it... Speaking of which.” I say walking toward the window. I stuck my hand outside the window and made a ball of light appear. Then I released it up into the air before aiming and firing a beam at it, causing it to create a firework display in the sky.

“Did you just make fireworks with your fingers!?” Alexis exclaimed. “I didn’t know you could do that!”

“What else can you do??”

“Come on! Show us more!”

Each student one by one kept begging me to practically give them a show. “Well… I haven’t had much time to actually practice this but…” I just place a finger on my head and tried to concentrate hard. After a moment or two, I suddenly vanished in front of everyone and then reappeared on the other side of the room. “Yes! I actually teleported on my own!” I cheered to myself. Right before everyone clapped from what they saw. I couldn’t help but blush in embarrassment.

Another 25 minutes passed, and during that time I was mostly showing them my magic. After realizing what time it was I kind of just stopped what I was doing. “It really was nice seeing everyone again, but I have to get going…”

“Wait, going?” Mrs. Peachwall asked. “You mean you aren’t coming back to this school?”

“As much as I want to, I’m already a student in a school in Equestria… plus my records here are probably gone by now.” I said starting to walk to the door. “I promise to visit whenever I can… until then though, I’ll see you all later.” I smiled at everyone before walking out the door. I just stood there for a moment before taking a deep breath, walking down the silent halls.

As soon as I walked out the front door, I could see Melissa waiting for me in her car. I just quickly ran up to her car and went inside myself. “So, how’d it go?” she asked as I put my seatbelt on.

“It went… surprisingly well. Some kids were sad that I wasn’t going back to that school… But I think they’re happy that I’ll be visiting more… especially after showing them my magic.”

“Yeah… magic…” Melissa muttered before driving.

“Something wrong?”

“Uhh… let’s just say your mother has been very busy at our house.”


______________________________________


Back at Alexis’s house…


Melissa and I entered the house, only to find that Mom couldn’t be seen. “Wait where’s Mom?” I asked looking around.

“Probably still in the basement.” Melissa answered, leading me downstairs.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs, I could only stop and stare at what she was doing. All I could see was a purple alicorn frantically putting parts together, attaching them to a normal mirror. “Oh Crystal! Perfect timing!” She exclaimed beaming happily at me. I could see that her mane was all messed up again.

“This is what you’ve been doing for the past hour…??” I asked looking over the mirror.

“Well this and a lot of research. There is so much ideas and information that I never even thought of in this world! I knew time travel was possible in Equestria, but this place has ideas to make an actual transporter that doesn’t even use magic! How crazy is that!?” she exclaimed. “That’s not what I was building of course. Time travel could be a risky thing to use. And if done incorrectly, it could cause the entire universe to collapse! No what I’ve been building is just a portal to make it easier for us to go from Equestria to here… or go from here to Equestria. Now all I have to do is make another gateway in Equestria that would be magically linked to this one, and then we have a portal!”

“Just how much reading have you actually been doing??” I asked staring in shock at the machine.

“You have no idea!” Mom exclaimed smiling at me. “Though Melissa did try showing me the internet, but the first thing I saw, I didn’t exactly like or find appropriate so I kind of just left that aside…”

“Right… and what’s the power source to this portal?”

“Same power source as the portal that leads to Canterlot High!” she exclaimed before pulling out two books; both of which had my cutie marks on them.

“Wait, are those…?”

“With these we can keep in contact with Melissa, Jason, and Alexis the same way you already do with Sunset Shimmer! They can also be used as keys to activate the portal. Once it’s out of place, the portal closes. That goes for either portal.”

“Um… shouldn’t we be leaving to get ready for the celebration?” I ask chuckling a bit.

“Ah! you’re right!” she exclaimed levitating me onto her back. “It was great meeting you, Melissa. I’ll be sure to write to you very soon!” she said, giving one of the books to Melissa before running upstairs.

“Uh… right.” Melissa responded standing there awkwardly.

Mom was quickly running around to get all my stuff. When she did, she then used her magic to teleport us back inside of the library in Ponyville. By the time we got there, it was the middle of the night. “We’re back!!” Mom exclaimed. A few moments after she did however, she collapsed flat on the ground and started snoring.

I just face palmed getting off of her back. I just levitated her to the bed and set an alarm for us to wake up an hour before sunrise. After that I just grabbed all my stuff and placed them next to the bed, laying in bed with her. “Might as well try to get more sleep before the celebration…” I say to myself closing my eyes. “What a day…”


______________________________________


Five minutes before sunrise…


In canterlot there were thousands of ponies waiting for the celebration to begin. Mom and I were waiting on stage for Celestia and Luna to cue us in. “Ready?” Mom asked.

“Hopefully…” I smile nervously.

“You’ll do great. I know you will.” she said reassuringly.

I just took a deep breath as Princess Luna flew up to the air. When she did, she slowly descended downward as the moon followed. At the same time, Celestia was rising up with the sun following as well. Right as the sun and the moon were next to each other, Mom flew up high, creating a light effect that looked like her cutie mark. At the same time I made fireworks the same way I demonstrated on Earth. Everypony just looked up on awe at the display. When it was all over, Celestia, Luna, and Mom stood behind me and smiled. “This is gonna be a great year… I just know it.” I smiled hugging the three of them.


______________________________________


??? ???...

“You can’t be serious… Why in the world would I ever work with anyone: let alone a creature I’ve never seen before?”

“Because I can help you absorb more magic than you ever have in your entire life time, Tirek.”

“And just how exactly can you do that?” Tirek asked raising an eyebrow. The mysterious figure just walked closer to him, whispering their plan. Tirek just let out a laugh. “Very interesting… very well, you have a deal.” he said extending his hand. The other figure extended their hand as well, shaking his.

“How do you know you can even trust him…” another mysterious figure asked from behind.

“Let me worry about that.” the first mysterious figure responded.

“You know this is wrong…”

“It doesn’t matter what a weakling like you thinks.”

Author's Note:

Who is this mysterious creature helping Tirek!? Only time will tell!