• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,604 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,604

Her Horn

"You're telling me that Sunset Shimmer... is really a pony!?" Discord exclaimed.

"A unicorn to be exact..." I sighed.

"If that's true, then why leave?"

"Well, she used to be Princess Celestia's student like I was... But as time passed, she became cruel and dishonest... And for what reason she stole my crown, I'm not sure yet..."

"Could we see this portal where you came from?"

"I suppose..." I said rubbing my head. I then lead the entire class outside to where the statue was. At first everyone looked at it skeptically. I sighed and slowly pushed my hand against the portal, pushing it through. Everyone stared in shock.

"I... Can't believe it..." Fluttershy let out.

"All this time... How did nobody notice this?" Discord continued.

"It isn't open all the time... It only opens every 30 moons." I said.

Fluttershy slowly walked up to the portal as well, placing her hand through it. "Ah!" She exclaimed. "Where'd my fingers go?? I can't feel them!"

"That's because when going through the portal, you change... Ergo, your hand turned into a hoof." Without another word, the human Fluttershy jumped into the portal. "Fluttershy!"

"I'll get her!" Crystal exclaimed jumping through the portal as well.

"Ugh..." I face palmed.

"Where exactly does that portal lead to?" Discord asked.

"Into the Crystal Empire... Princess Cadence's castle to be exact."

"Will they be alright?"

"Don't worry... Crystal may be young, but she's a smart girl... I'm sure she can bring Fluttershy back safely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side of the portal, Princess Cadence was the only pony there, waiting at the time. Shining Armor was keeping guard at the entrance of the castle. Princess Cadence sighed. "Please come home safe little sister..." Suddenly she could see a figure about to come through the portal. "Huh?"

Suddenly a yellow pegasus with the same clothes she wore in school slowly walked out of the portal on two legs quickly falling over to four. "H-huh...? Where am I...?"

"Fluttershy??" Cadence exclaimed. "What are you doing here??"

"Huh??" Fluttershy said looking at the pink alicorn princess. "W-who are you?? And how do you know my name??"

"Oof!" Crystal exclaimed hitting the back of Fluttershy. "Ow..." She said rubbing her face, and getting to her feet.

"Y... You really are human..." Fluttershy let out looking at Crystal. "Oh! Are you alright??"

"Yeah I'm fine..." She smiled sheepishly.

"Crystal? What's going on here?" Cadence asked.

"Oh, Cadence!" Crystal exclaimed. "This is Fluttershy... Well... Fluttershy from the world Mom went into. She isn't the same Fluttershy as the one that lives here."

"The one that... Lives here!?" Human Fluttershy exclaimed. "Neither of you mentioned that!!"

"Easy Fluttershy..." Cadence said. "You need to keep calm..."

Fluttershy stopped, sighed, and slowly looked at herself in the mirror. "Amazing..."

"Hey! What's going on in... Here?" Rainbow said flying in, followed by four other ponies. "Crystal? Fluttershy?... Wait..." Rainbow said turning to the Fluttershy behind her then quickly turning back to the human one. "Two Fluttershys!?"

"What?..." Pony Fluttershy said slowly walking up looking directly at her other self with wide eyes, the other Fluttershy having the same reaction. "H...how...?"

"A...another..." The human one continued.

"Me..." They both said in unison.

"Where... Did you come from?" Pony shy asked.

"I came out of the mirror... What do you do here?"

"I watch over animals in my cottage... Um... What are you wearing?"

"Oh... These are my clothes that I wear for school."

"School? You still have school?"

"You're saying you don't?"

"No, not at all."

"How do you make money?"

"I look after other ponies animals. What about you?"

"My mother helps me, or I babysit."

"Babysit?"

“You know, babies?”

“You mean like foals?”

“Right, like that.”

“Okay that’s enough…” Rainbow mused holding her head. “I’m getting a headache… surprisingly from two Fluttershy’s.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Rainbow Dash…” Pony Shy said.

“Rainbow Dash?” Human Shy said. “You’re actually friends with her?”

“What? Of course I’m friends with her. We’re all her friends.” Pony Shy said pointing at the rest of the group. “Me, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Twilight…”

“Hmph… I don’t see how you can be friends with Pinkie Pie. She has no respect for anything!”

“Huh?” Pinkie asked. “What did I do!?”

“The Pinkie in my world was supposed to help me with a silent auction, but instead made it loud and obnoxious!”

“I’m sure there must be some kinda mistake…” Applejack said. “Pinkie Pie might be crazy, but she ain’t the type of pony to do somethin’ against somepony’s decisions.”

"Maybe it's different here then..." Human Shy sighed.

"Fluttershy, we really have to go back!” Crystal exclaimed.

“But--” Human Fluttershy was cut off as she was levitated in the air by Crystal and pushed the human Fluttershy through it as she followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's taking quite a bit of time to bring Fluttershy back."

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything is just fine." I sighed. Just as I was beginning to have doubts, I saw Fluttershy come out of the portal falling over as Crystal followed. "See? I told you everything would be fine."

"What in the world were you thinking, Fluttershy?" Discord asked.

"I... I just wanted to see what it was like in that world..." Fluttershy said hanging her head down.

"And... What did you see?" I asked.

"Well... I saw my pony self..." Fluttershy paused. "And Rainbow Dash... Pinkie Pie... Rarity... And applejack..."

Discord stopped and looked at me. "I don't think I ever recall meeting your human counterpart..."

"Maybe she just goes to a different school." I shrugged. "But that isn't important right now..." I turned to the whole class. "I need you all to keep everything you saw and heard a secret, alright? If Sunset Shimmer knows that you know the truth about me and her... It might make getting my crown back harder than it was intended to be." The whole class nodded in agreement. "Thank you... Come on Crystal." I said picking her up, walking back inside. Fluttershy followed. I turned back to see her. "Huh?"

"Well I did say I had more questions..." Fluttershy said. "And the lunch bell is about to ring."

"Oh, right..." I said rubbing the back of my head.

"I'm really sorry about all of this Princess Twilight..."

"Please please please... Just call me Twilight..." I sighed. "I don't even like it when my friends in Equestria call me that..."

"Sorry..."

"It's fine."

As we were walking in the building, we both heard the lunch bell ring, and walked to the cafeteria. While I was thinking of a plan to get my crown back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal and Spike were in my backpack as both me and Fluttershy were getting our lunches. "I think I found a way that I can get my crown back." I said placing a fruit bowl on my tray. "I've decided to run for princess of the fall formal and--"

Fluttershy gasped spilling juice on me. "Sorry...!" She said getting napkins cleaning me off. "It's just that running for fall formal princess is a really bad idea."

"Why??"

"Sunset Shimmer wants to be fall formal princess! And when she wants something, she gets it!"

"But I have to try! I told you that crown had to come back with me to... You know where."

Fluttershy sighed. "Alright, if you want to run for fall formal princess, you'll need to speak to the head of the party planning committe."

"Where can I find the head?"

"She should be in the gymnasium."

"Thanks Fluttershy!" I quickly got up and went out the cafeteria door to find the gymnasium. Thankfully there are some signs on the walls telling me where the gym is. It took a few minutes, but I did find it. I opened the door and looked around, seeing streamers and balloons set up. "Hello?"

"Incoming...!" A familiar voice exclaimed as many streamers and party decorations fell over me. I looked up and saw a pink skinned and pink haired girl in front of me taking a balloon off of her dress and blowing it up. "Pinkie Pie...?"

Pinkie quickly stopped and let the balloon go, grabbing my shoulders from behind. "Are you psychic!?"

"Uh no... I don't think so. Unless that's something you can do here..." Pinkie just let me go.

"Eh... Not usually." She continued decorating.

"Fluttershy told me that you're the one I had to talk to about running for the fall formal?.."

"Fluttershy huh?" Pinkie grunted. "Don't let the whole shy thing fool you, she can be a real meanie!"

"You two aren't friends??"

"Weird you decided to suddenly sign up. Dance is day after tomorrow."

"Actually, I'm brand new here." I rubbed the back of my head.

"Oohh!" Pinkie then paused for a second. "I thought you didn't look familiar." She said examining me. "Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city and has a pet dog that looks just like that one?"

"Uh... Maybe?" I shrugged. I then stopped and looked at Spike but noticed that someone was was missing... No... Some pony... Crystal has been awfully quiet...

"Everything ok?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah... I'm alright." I shook my head. "Anyways, where do I sign up?" I said trying to hide my shocked face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked around the school to see if I could find some of moms friends. So far, it just looked empty. "Hmmm..." I said aloud. "Maybe everyone's still in class." I said still moving around the halls. As I walked and thought to myself I then bumped into someone without noticing. I froze and looked up to see a young boy with dark yellow skin and green hair.

"Hey... What's a pony doing in school?" Snails asked looking at me. I tried my best to keep quiet.

"Let me see." Snips said looking at me as well. "Haven't I seen this pony before?"

"What are you idiots talking about?" A familiar female voice asked. It was Sunset Shimmer... And she was getting close to me...! "Oh... It's that little filly Fluttershy found..."

"The animal lover?" Snips asked.

"Yeah her... Wonder what this pony is doing here by itself." She picked me up slowly. I swear I could feel myself sweating bullets.

"Didn't you say we needed to check out the gym...?" Snails asked.

"Oh right..." Sunset Shimmer sighed. She was about to drop me until she noticed my horn... "Hmm... This pony had this on its head before but... There's no way..." Sunset whispered to herself.

Uh oh... I thought to myself. She then did what I was afraid of... She started pulling... I cringed in pain. I was in tears. It felt like she was trying to break my horn off!... I can't take it... It hurts too much...!!!!

"AAAHHHHH!!!"

Sunset Shimmer froze and slowly looked back at me skeptically. "Did you just..."

I bit her hand. She dropped me... And I ran screaming... "MOM!!!"

Sunset Shimmer was shocked and confused. A pony had just screamed for her mother and ran away. "How... Is there a pony here...??" Sunset Shimmer said to herself. She then narrowed her eyes in realization of what was going on.