• Published 16th May 2013
  • 15,601 Views, 578 Comments

Raising a Human Daughter - unleashedtwilight



My faithful student, Twilight. I ask that you please come to Canterlot immediately. I have an important task for you to take. This task will help us get a better understanding of species other than pony kind. Your teacher, Princess Celestia.

  • ...
47
 578
 15,601

Tonight's The Night Pt.1: A Chaotic New Friend

“Where is she…?”

“What did you do to her!?”

“I’LL KILL YOU!!”

--------------------------------------------

I just shot my eyes open screaming, panting hard. “C-Crystal! What’s wrong!?” Diamond Tiara exclaimed seeing me scream…. Wait.

“D-Diamond Tiara?? Silver Spoon?? When did you both get here??” I ask looking between the two.

“Well… it’s a long story…” DT said rubbing the back of her head. “Your mom kind of came by last night and was basically trying to invite me over herself… the only reason Mother listened in the first place was because your mother is a princess.”

“Your mom can get pretty scary when she gets mad…” Silver Spoon added.

“Wha-- she got mad at her?” I asked staring at her in shock.

“Well she kind of found out what Mother did to you when you tried talking to her… kind of from me.” Diamond Tiara said lowering her head a bit. “Sorry.”

“We would’ve told you as sooner, but you were already asleep.” Silver Spoon added. “By the way, I didn’t exactly get a chance to take a good look at your cutie mark back at Diamond Tiara’s house… it really is special looking.”

“Wait if you didn’t see it then how--” I stop myself in realization. “Did you pull my pants down in my sleep!?” I blush exclaiming.

Silver Spoon just tilted her head. “Is there something wrong with that?”

“Yeah… ponies don’t normally wear clothes you know.” Diamond Tiara added.

“It’s still different!” … Why do I suddenly get the feeling of dejavu?

The two just laugh a bit. “Relax Crystal!” Diamond Tiara said giggling.

“Girls! It’s time for school!” Mom exclaimed from downstairs. “Hurry or you’ll be late!”

“Coming Mom!” I exclaim running downstairs while Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon followed.

“Did you girls sleep alright?” Mom asked.

“Yeah about that…” I started. “Is everything going to be okay? They kind of told me you went over there.”

“It’s nothing you have to worry about, okay sweetie?” She says kissing my forehead. “Just head to school… in fact invite a few ponies to your party when your there!”

“How many ponies am I allowed to invite…?”

“It’s your cute-ceañera, Crystal… invite anypony you want!”

“Thanks Mom!” I smile hugging her tight before heading out the door with the two. “Come on! Don’t wanna be late!” I said starting to run, feeling excited.

“Whoa! Hang on!” Diamond Tiara said trying to catch up. “I get that you’re excited for your cute-ceañera, but we still have hours to go before that.” Diamond Tiara said starting to look annoyed. “Crystal stop!”

“Huh?” I stopped turning to her.

“Are you okay? Even for you this kind of excitement is unusual… Is there something else going on?”

“No I’m just trying to focus on the party tonight is all… nothing is wrong.”

“I didn’t ask if something was wrong…” She says walking up to me. “Earlier this morning, you were screaming… do you want to talk about it?”

I just sighed. "Diamond Tiara can we please talk about this when we get to school? I really don’t want us to be late.”

Diamond Tiara just looked at me for a moment. “Alright… but we aren’t letting this go, got that? We’re supposed to be friends now.”

“Trust me… it’s not something worth mentioning right now anyways.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Going into the school, we could see Miss. Cheerilee getting ready for class still. I just went to my seat close to the other crusaders. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon sat with us as well. For some reason I yawned still feeling tired… maybe these dreams are affecting my sleep too.

“Good morning class!” Cheerilee beamed at us. “This morning we have a special guest with us who will be giving us a special lesson today.”

“A special guest?” I asked.

“Is it a celebrity pony?” Scootaloo asked.

“Like Sapphire Shores? Or Countess Coloratura??” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Uh… No.” Cheerilee answered. “But he is well known… Class, do you remember our field trip to the Canterlot sculpture garden?”

“Not really…” I answered trying to think.

“Oh, well this was before you came to Equestria, Crystal.” Cheerilee answered turning to the rest of the class. “There was one statue in particular that I’m sure you young ponies remember… it was the same one a certain few fillies were arguing about.” Saying this made Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom lower their heads a bit.

I believe that is my cue!” a male voice said seemingly out of nowhere. Then suddenly, the chalk at the board started floating by itself and drawing a picture on the chalkboard… It looked like a strange creature. “Good morning class!” The voice said at the same time the picture moved. Wait a second… I know that voice!

The picture then popped out of the chalkboard and came to life as a living creature. “Whoa…” Some of the ponies said staring at the creature.

“In case you forgot the name of this pony: his name is Discord. And under strict supervision, he is able to cause chaos any way he pleases… again… very. strict. supervision.” Cheerilee mused emphasising how serious she was.

“Oh perish the thought Miss. Cheerilee…” Discord said pulling out his tooth, using it as chalk for the board. “You may know about the magic of friendship, but I’m here to teach you the magic of chaos!” He snapped his fingers and suddenly everyone in the room started floating! “Let’s start with a lesson in gravity.”

“This is so awesome!” Scootaloo exclaimed. “It’s like I’m actually flying!”

“I’m not enjoying this!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“Now, who can tell me how gravity works?” Discord asked floating around the classroom.

“How in the hay should we know that??” Applebloom asked flailing in the air.

“It’s what keeps us on the ground.” I say using my magic to keep me stable in the air.

“Very goo--” Discord said then stopped to look at me. “Pardon me, but I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure of meeting.” Discord said before teleporting to me. “I don’t think I’ve seen your kind in Equestria before.”

“O-Oh, um… my name’s Crystal.” I answered kind of just floating up to him.

“Oh! So you’re the Crystal that Fluttershy has mentioned before!” Discord chuckled. “I’ve heard so much about you.”

“You know about me?”

“Well a human being in Equestria isn’t exactly something you see everyday… let alone one adopted by a unicorn… Oh I suppose I should say princess now.” Discord said before making a fake purple horn and a pair of fake purple wings appear on me.

Cheerilee cleared her throat. “Perhaps we could stay focused on the lesson?”

“Oh, yes yes how rude of me.” Discord joked making the wings and horn disappear. He then teleported behind the teacher’s desk and was suddenly wearing a teacher’s uniform. “Now then… to give you a direct answer to what exactly gravity is: it is the force that attracts a body toward the center of the planet, or toward any other physical body having mass… it also depends on how big the planet can be.” He said making a mini planet appear. “For example, on a normal sized planet like this one here, it’s what we’re used to now.” he says before snapping his fingers again, dropping us back to normal gravity. “But on a smaller planet, or even the moon,” He starts shrinking the planet and at the same time, making us a lot lighter. “Gravity decreases, making you much lighter than you’re used to.”

The lesson would go on for about an hour… and honestly his lessons were really fun! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a class since the first day of school! “I apologize but that is all the time I have…” Discord said looking kind of bored, making a clock appear.

“Well before you go, does anypony have any questions for Discord?” Cheerilee asked. I just raise my hand. “Yes Crystal?”

“Are you busy tonight, Discord?” I ask getting a few looks from my friends.

“Hmmm…” Discord says making an oversized planner appear in front of him flipping through the pages. “Why do you ask Miss. Sparkle?”

“Well, I actually have an announcement for the class.” I say getting up, going to the front of the class. “Tonight there will be a party in the Sugarcube Corner. It’s… for my cute-ceañera.” Even Discord looked at me like he was surprised.

“Forgive me, Crystal…” Discord said floating down to me, taking a long look at me. “Are you insinuating that you have a cutie mark?” I just nodded in response. “But I see no mark.”

“It’s… under my clothes.” I said then looked at Cheerilee. She just looked surprised and confused at the same time. “I got it when I was in a different world.”

“W-wha--” Cheerilee sputtered. “Another different world!?” she exclaimed putting a hoof on her own head.

“Yup…” I giggle a bit. “Me and Mom both went into that world… When we did, both of us changed.” I say pulling out a picture, showing it to Cheerilee. Discord kind of hovered over to look as well.

“These beings kind of look like you…” Cheerilee said looking at the picture. “Well different colored of course… wait.” she stopped and looked at the purple one. “Is that Twilight??”

“Mhm.” I nod and then pointed at the one pony in the picture. “Can you guess who that is?”

Cheerilee looked even more shocked. “Crystal, is that you!? As a pony!?” she exclaimed. “A unicorn even!”

“What!?” Diamond Tiara spoke up. “You didn’t mention that part Crystal!”

“Well I knew it wasn’t permanent, so I didn’t think it was that important.” I said before Discord levitated me to take a closer look at me. “Whoa!”

“Curious…” He said to himself. “Would you mind showing me your mark as well?”

“Uugghh…” I said to myself.

“What’s the issue?”

“I don’t mind showing ponies my cutie mark. It’s just the spot where it is that’s embarrassing…” I blush a bit. “Everytime someone asks to see it, I have to pull my pants down…”

“Hmm… may I see it? It will be the last time, I promise.” Discord said. I just sigh before lowering my pants a bit to show Discord. “Well… that certainly is an interesting cutie mark. It’s as if Twilight was actually your birth mother.” Discord chuckled a bit. “Regardless, there’s an easy solution to this.”

He then snapped his fingers and there was a flash of light around me for a second. “Huh?” I said looking at myself. On myself I saw a different shirt, the same color as me from when I was a pony, and on the center of it was my cutie mark! “This is perfect!” I exclaim pulling my pants back up. “Thanks Discord!” I say hugging him.

Surprised by the hug, Discord just patted my back. “Consider it an early gift from me.”

“Do you think you could go to the party tonight too?” I ask getting excited again. “You could probably make it even more exciting!”

“You want me to be at your party?”

“Of course I do! You’re awesome!”

“Well…” Discord said before burning his planner. “I suppose I could make some time to be there… Though I’ll be honest; not everypony has exactly warmed up to me yet… especially with the elements of harmony being held on stand by…” He said muttering that last part.

“That’s crazy! You can do so many crazy things!” I smile levitating myself. “Please Discord you have to come to my party!”

Discord just stared at me kind of surprised… I don’t think he was expecting that kind of response. “Well then you can definitely expect me to be there… I’ll just have to let Fluttershy know as well.”

“Thanks Discord!” I said hugging him again. “You’re an awesome friend!”

Discord just looked down at me with a puzzled look on his face. “Twilight hasn’t mentioned anything about me, has she?”

“Huh?” I ask looking up at him. “Mentioned what about you?”

“No no! It’s nothing! Nothing at all!” He smiled teleporting out of my hug. “I’ll be sure to be there tonight… with a few extra surprises.”

“Surprises?” I ask smiling wider. “What kind of surprises??”

“Wouldn’t be much of a surprise if I just told you now would it?” he says looking at the time again. “Oh I should get going if I want to prepare! See you tonight young Crystal.” He said before leaping into the air, vanishing instantly.

I just look back at the class who was just staring at me in shock. “So uh…” I said breaking the silence. “You think you can all make it to my cute-ceañera tonight?” As soon as I asked, the whole class cheered making me fall back.

“This is gonna be the best party ever!” Scootaloo cheered.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Back at Sugarcube Corner, a certain draconequus had teleported there, wearing a hard hat and was looking through blueprints. “I wonder if she’d like amusement park…”

“Huh?” Pinkie Pie said from the window before she walked outside? “Discord?? What are you doing here?”

“Oh hello again Pinkie Pie!” Discord smiled petting the pink pony. “I suppose you’re busy planning for Crystal’s party… I for one am planning something exciting for her as well!”

“Wha?” Pinkie said tilting her head. “How did you hear about that?”

“Oh, I was just volunteering with a special science lesson at the school where she just happened to attend… truth be told, it was more Fluttershy’s idea but I just can’t say no to her.”

“Was the amusement park her idea too?”

“Er… well… no, not really.”

“Then why would you--” Pinkie stopped in realization and gasped with a wide smile. “You like Crystal as a friend too, don’t you!?”

At this, Discord just teleported Pinkie back into the kitchen, locking the door to Sugarcube Corner. He then puts a sign in front of Sugarcube Corner saying. ‘Sorry, Closed for Construction.’ “Whew… well there’s no time to waste. Time to get to work~”

Author's Note:

Sorry this took longer to publish than the other chapters. :facehoof: I was just so busy yesterday that I had absolutely no time to work on it. But here it is! Better late than never right?? (You should know, you had to wait like 3 years for me to finally update this story. BUT REGARDLESS I'm getting it done. Am I going crazy? :rainbowderp: I'm not crazy. :pinkiecrazy: YOU'RE CRAZY! :flutterrage:)

Anyways! Until the next chapter, this is UnleashedTwilight Signing off!