• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 727 Views, 18 Comments

Dragon Chains 2 Zero Infinity - The One With The Crystal



After the first encounters with the chains Spike and Zero must now retrieve all ten chains.

  • ...
1
 18
 727

A Sisterly Bond

Garble sat in some open fields as Rubixen and Poison observed the scene from some bushes. All three of them heard the massive explosion that ravaged a large portion of a field, turning it into a crater of scorched earth. While Poison and Rubixen were curious as to what caused the explosion, Garble was angry that it wasn't himself who caused the explosion.

(You must learn to keep your cool young one, or you might just overheat.)

"Oh like I need any advice from you! Your the reason I'm even here in the first place, Dracoma!" Garble yelled in rage.

( I merely offered you a chance at true power, did I not? You were the one to accept my offer and now you must deal with the consequences.)

"Don't you try to turn the tables on me!" Garble argued back. Hearing their companion arguing with his chain began to annoy the other two dragons as well. Though with their observations finished there was no need to stick around this place anymore. There was no need for them to get caught by any of the Royal Guard that roamed around the area.

"Garble! Stop arguing with Dracoma. Its time to find the next ring." demanded Poison as he walked out of the bushes. Garble growled as he put aside his argument for now. He hated being told what to do, but he didn't have any other choice in the matter. With a grunt Garble followed his two companions as they made their way towards the next chain. Seeing as how the Chain of Darkness was already taken by Spike and his friends they would have to find the other.

Using the map that Poison had obtain from stolen map pieces he could see that there was a white dot just a couple of yards away from them. "Well that's surprising." he said. "It looks like we won't have to look very far fellows. Come on!". With that the trio were off to find the next chain.


Resting underneath the shade of the trees was a tired and exhausted teen dragoness. Her scales were as dark as charcoal, but the scales that rested on her back were as white as snow. She was tired from the long journey she made. Using her ring's power she traveled all day and night to arrive at this location. To allow be stopped short by her body's incapability to continue onward. All she needed was a moment's rest and she could be on her way again. Though as fate would have it she would not get that rest.

/) We have company(\

Her ring alerted her to a threat that was coming upon her. At first she thought it was just the local wildlife, but soon her thoughts were changed. She could feel their magic coming ever so closer and it made her uncomfortable. She started to stand on her feet and her body argued with her to sit back down, but through the strain that was put on her body she managed to stand up.

From the bushes and vines came three dragons, all in their teen years. One green, one, blue, and the other one the dragoness knew already. Though at was besides the point. Their rings spoke for who they were and that was all she needed to know. "This is wonderful. The snake, the wolf, and the hell-hound have come to play have they. Well then so be it." she said as she prepared to fight.

Poison on the other hand stared at the dragoness for awhile. Studying her physical conditions as well as her mental state. It was obvious that the female was tired and from just looking at her he could tell that she was in a rush. Maybe he could use this towards his advantage? "Hey calm down madam. I'm not here to fight you. I just want to talk." said Poison with a genuine smile.

"Talk? That's not what you said to those other chain bearers." said Garble

"Or those Diamond Dogs." Rubixen said, tagging along.

"Hush you two!" yelled Poison.

The dragoness just scuffed at the three dragons' stupidity. "I'm sure you three know the rules of this thing. When one or more chains meet each other for the first time in at least four decades they have to fight each other. And if you three are going to waste your time bickering with each other I will just finish you all in one shot." said the dragoness as she charged her magic.

"Now wait just a minute now. We mean no harm, really!" pleaded Poison. He could see that the dragoness wasn't buying it. "Look I can see that you're in a hurry. How about we help you! My name is Poison Von Tildamor. What's your's?" Poison said.

The dragoness smiled slightly as she began to fire. "The name is Vermeria. Remember that on your way to the afterlife." she said as she unleashed a blast of magic energy. Vermeria's attack moved so fast that the trio thought that it was moving at that speed of light. It barely gave them time to react because in less that a minute the spot in which they were standing was eradicated in a flash of white light.

When the light faded two of the dragon's had vanished, but one of them was still in place. Garble was the only one left standing. With his chain activated he created a shield that block the attack. Though not the whole attack. With is free arm he clutch his right side which was bleeding from part of the attack that grazed him. "Hmm. I'm impressed. You've managed to somehow block my attack and sustain a small wound in process. Not bad hell-hound. Not bad at all. Though I'm sure that without your two friends you won't last much longer." Vermeria said as she charged for another attack.

Garble chuckled a bit at Vermeria which in turn made her even more uneasy. "Whats so funny?" Vermeria asked in a demanding tone. Garble just looked at her straight in the eye and smiled even more.

"You know, you should do less of those flashy moves of your's. You've already lost track of two of your opponents." he said. His words confused the dragoness to new levels of confusion. It wasn't until she felt something touch the back of her head did she fully realized the extinct of his words.

Poison had somehow managed to avoid the attack completely and managed to sneak behind her. She could feel his magic working its way through her brain. Through every twist and turn. Every locked door and boarded window was being demolished by his chain's special ability. With a quick maneuver she rolled away from Poison and jumped to the right to avoid Garble.

/)You really need to work on your observation skills(\

'Seriously! You choice now of all times to give me a lecture!' Vermeria said to her ring within their connection.

"Oh now I see why you were in such a hurry." Poison started. "Your looking for your sister." Vermeria scuffed as Poison pointed out her main objective in her journey. It looks like Lumios was lying when he said the Chain of Dreams had the power to go through your memories. "You've been searching for your little sister for half a year now. If thats all you were such a rush for we'll be glad to....." Poison was interrupted by Vermeria.

"No! Since you've been poking around in my head I'm sure you know the reason why I have to find my little sister by myself! I don't need anyone's help especially from the likes of you!" Vermeria yelled. Garble was getting ready to burn the female to nothing, but a pile of ash. Though Poison intervened.

"Look, you're tired and nearly mentally unstable. For half a year you've been torturing yourself. Keep saying that its your fault your sister is gone, but even you should know your limits. Right now you are facing three dragons, one of which you don't even know where he is, and you can barely stand on your own two feet." Poison debated. "I'm trying to be reasonable here, just accept our help."

"The answer is still no!" Vermeria yelled as she struggled to get back on her feet.

"Fine then, I guess you won't care to know that we saw your little sis a little while ago." said Poison as he walked over to check on Garble's wounds. The words that came out of the teen's mouth made Vermeria freeze in her place. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, but she wanted to know.

"Is she still......."

"Alive? Yes, unconscious, but alive none the less."

Tears began to swell up in Vermeria's eyes and began to streak down her face as she silently celebrated that her journey was coming to an end. Though there was one thing that she had to make sure of first. "Take me to her." she said as she strained to keep her tears from falling anymore.

"Hmmm. What was that?" Poison said, looking back at her.

"I said, take me to her!" Vermeria said, this time with a more demanding tone.

"I'll take you to her, but first you must do something for me." Poison said as Garble started to burn his wound so it would close.

"Fine whatever as long as you take me to my sister." Vermeria said.

Poison outstretch his hands towards Vermeria. "My request is a simple one. Join us and I will take you to see your sister." he said. Vermeria reached for his hand, but recoiled in slight hesitation. She still had doubts about what she was doing, but soon she would be reunited with her sister. So it should be fine, right?

/)Choose wisely(\

With a sigh Vermeria took hold of Poison hand and as soon surrounded within a cloud a magic. Everything soon turned to black and Vermeria passed out.

Poison smiled as he signaled for Rubixen to come out of hiding. Rubixen jumped down from a tree just as he magic bow disappeared. "Are you sure you should have done that?" asked Rubixen.

"Of course. Not only will we gain a new member to own team, but she will be more than willing to go along with us. See I can take advantage to her bond with her sister. As long as we say that she will meet her sister again she will be more.......... optimistic about her current situation." replied Poison.

"Whatever man. Well since Garble is going to be a bit tender for the next few days I might as well get some supplies from a nearby village or something. Its starting to get dark." said Rubixen.


Vermeria woke up in a strange room. Everything in the room was decorated elegantly. Even the bed was decorated. Speaking of the bed there was a small lump in the middle of it. Curiousity got the better of her and soon Vermeria removed the bedding just enough to see the small dragoness underneath. More tears began to sting her eyes now. She couldn't believe it. After half a year of searching she finally found her. Mongenia, her little sister. While caught up in the moment Vermeria carefully picked up her little sister in her arms and cradled her just like in the day she was born.

The cradling was soon accompanied by the soft humming of Vermeria. This moment brought back such sweet and warm memories that Vermeria wished this moment would never end. Though like all good things this too must come to an end. All to soon Vermeria felt Poison's magic pulling her back. Back to the forest in which she had met him. This was all too soon. She didn't want this to happen. To be reunited with her sister only to be ripped apart once again.

With a heavy heart Vermeria put her little sister back to bed. "I promise Mongenia, I'll find you again. This time we can go back home. We can go visit your mother when we get back. You know she's about to wake up. It would be a shame if she woke up and her kids weren't there with her." Vermeria said through the tears. Soon she wiped her face clean, for she didn't want Poison to see her in this state.

She aloud the cloud of magic to consume her and in the next moment she was gone.

Comments ( 3 )

It LIIIIIIVES! FIRST COMMENT!

5435097
You thought this story was dead?........... Well I can't blame you.

Dang it and it was getting good to :ajsleepy:

Login or register to comment