• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 727 Views, 18 Comments

Dragon Chains 2 Zero Infinity - The One With The Crystal



After the first encounters with the chains Spike and Zero must now retrieve all ten chains.

  • ...
1
 18
 727

Trail Three: The Nightmare Test part two

Spike had stayed up for the rest of the night. Afraid to go back to sleep and face those horrors again. Sadly, he woke up at two o'clock in the morning. Now he was very tired and needed rest, but he just couldn't. Spike didn't want to see that monster again. After Rainbow Dash had to splash some cold water on Spike to get him out of his trance, she told him that the gang was about to head out. Apparently the signature of the Chain of Water had been spotted.

Spike hurried and packed his a small bag that held all the stuff he needed. Then headed out to meet the gang. Jade transformed herself back into a ring and was now on Spike claw.
{Spike? Are you okay? You look tired.}
"I'm fine." Spike replied
{Spike I can sense the bags under your eyes. What time did you go to bed?}
"It's not what time I went to bed, It's what time I woke up." Spike said.
{When did you wake up?}
"Two o'clock in the morning."
{Why?}
"I had a nightmare. A very bad nightmare."

Before Jade could continue with their conversation, they heard voices shouting down the hallway. Spike went to get a better look. It turned out to be Rainbow Dash and everyone else arguing with Zero. "What do you mean we can't go?" Rainbow Dash asked angrily. "I mean that we don't know if the owner of the Chain of Water is hostile or not. Without proper weapons to help defend yourselves you girls are like fillies tried to tame a manticore." Zero said. "We can take care of ourselves. Thank ya very much. Ah think you just don't want us going is because were women and we'll just get in the way." Applejack suggested with a bit of anger in her tone. "No, its just that we can't be sure that you guys will be alright. Spike and I can easily hold a fight against a chain user, but you guys don't have anything to use to defend yourselves." Zero said. "We have magic." Twilight said. "Yeah, but do you know any offensive or defensive spells that can withstand rapid attack from the chains?" Zero asked.

Twilight slowly shook her head. "We have strength." Applejack suggested. "How are you going to get close enough and have enough time to buck a chain user?" "Stunning spells?"Rarity suggested "That could work." Zero said. "We also have speed." Rainbow Dash declared. "Yes, the combinations of Stunning spells, strength, and speed could work." Zero said as he began to think. "I say let them go." Spike said, finally joining the conversation. "Spike? When did you get here? You know it you want to answer that." Fluttershy asked. "It doesn't matter when did I get here. What matters is how we are going to keep you girls safe. While stunning spells might work I'm not totally sure the plan would work." Spike says. "I see. Each barer of the chains has characteristics that goes with their element." Zero said.

"Can you please explain what you guys just said?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Its easy. Poison and Anubix have the element of dreams, which means they are cunning and most times random. Garble has the element of fire, which means he is easy to temper and he is also stubborn." Zero said. "Didn't have to say that twice." Twilight whisper to Rarity who snickered a bit. "Blitz and I have the element of wind, we are basically free-willed spirits unless we want to be be serious. Like I am now. Finally Spike and Jade have the element of magic, they are smart and powerful, but sometimes hard to control." Zero finished. "He really didn't have to explain that." Twilight said to herself. "Yeah, yeah, yeah so what. What does this have to do with us not going on an adventure to save equestria and maybe even the entire world?" Rainbow Dash asked. Zero was getting annoyed. " I was just about to get to that. After all of the qualities that I have seen it would be wise to assume that the next barer be fast, swift, and easy going. We are going to need a lot more that fancy tricks and strategies to beat this one." Zero said.

A maid had walked up to the ground shyly. "Excuse me. I couldn't help, but hear your conversation. I think that you all need some help on the way to your destination. My husband owns a supply shop just on the edge of Canterlot. You can stop there for supplies if you want." the mare said. "Yes we will check into that. Thank you." said Twilight. The mare nodded and walked off. "Okay. You is all in favor of going to the supply shop?" Zero said as he raised his hand. "I guess I'm in too." Spike said as he raised his hand. "I'll go." Pinkie Pie said raising her hoof. "Me too."Said Rarity "Me three."said Applejack. "I'll go too." said Rainbow Dash. Twilight and Fluttershy were still confused on how fast the subject changed and were equally surprised on how fast the gang had left them. After a while Twilight and Fluttershy caught up to the rest of the gang. It didn't take them long to find the shop the mare had been talking about.

Inside the shop was lots of supplies that a pony would need to survive in the wild. Tents, food, water bottles, compasses, and more. What was more interesting was that there was a small section that held weapons. There was a stallion behind a counter. He had light brown fur with a blue vest over it. Also he had a nice slick backwards mane. His cutie mark was a picture of a compass and a hammer. "Ah new customers. What can I get you guys?" The stallion asked. "We are about to go up against an enemy we don't know about, but we know that it's fast and swift do you have anything that can help us?" asked Twilight. "Hmm. Are you planning on trapping it?" asked the stallion. "You can say that." Rarity said. "Then your going to need a net and some weapons just in case things get too wild." said the stallion. He pulled out a large net and placed it on the counter. "As for your weapons you can take a pick from my selection." said the stallion. The gang took a while to look around.

"Twilight dear, do we actually need weapons on this journey?" Rarity asked. "I don't like the idea either Rarity, but I haven't studied attack or defense spells and my stunning spells are very weak. I never thought that would have to use a real spell that would cause harm, so until I brush up on my magic we have to get a weapon if we are to properly defend ourselves." Twilight said. Spike had chosen a short lance. It was about thirty inches long. It was perfect for his size. Zero found two daggers. Applejack found a hammer. Rarity got a whip. Rainbow Dash a katana. Twilight got a staff. Pinkie Pie for some reason found a baton. Fluttershy didn't get a weapon, she just went and found a first aid kit. "This will be it for you then?" asked the stallion. "Yes sir." answered Twilight. "That will be thirty bits."he said. Twilight pulled out a little bag full of bits. "Here you go." Twilight said as she payed. The stallion took the bits and counted them. He gave Twilight fifteen bits back as change. He also gave her a business card. It read:

Mr. Stone's Shop. Where all your adventuring needs are waiting to be yours!

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Spike, Fluttershy, Zero, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie all headed out to search for the Chain of Water. "So where is this chain again?" asked Rarity. "Last time I check it's in a town called Pesirdon." Zero said. "What kind of name is that? It sound silly." Pinkie Pie said. "Before ponies settled into that town it used to be a water dragon hot spot and it was named after the dragon god of the sea." Zero answered. "How long will it take us to get there?" Applejack asked. "It's about a two day walk there and back so we should return within have a week. Maybe more." said Zero. Suddenly everyone turned around with the sound of a loud thud. All they were met with was a passed out Spike. Fluttershy went to check up on him. She put a hoof to his head and immediately took her hoof off. Spike was burning hot! "I think he caught a fever." Fluttershy said. "But how can that be. He was just fine a second ago." Rarity said. "It doesn't matter how he ended up this way we need to hurry. Quick does anypony have a some water?" Fluttershy said. Applejack reached into her saddle bag and pulled out a canteen. "Good. Twilight can you freeze this?" Fluttershy asked. "Yeah sure." Twilight replied. "On the count of three. One, two,....THREE!" Fluttershy tossed the water that was in the canteen into the air. Twilight casted a freezing spell and froze the water in mid-air. "I got it!" Zero said as he tried to grab the falling ice. He missed by a couple of inches and instead of the ice being caught it landed on his head causing him to fall to the ground in pain. "Rarity do you have any type of cloth with you?" Fluttershy asked. "I have this dress, but what do you need it for?" Rarity asked as she levitated the dress over to Fluttershy. Then it clicked inside of her brain. "Fluttershy. Please don't do it." Rarity begged.

"Sorry Rarity. It must be done." Fluttershy said. It was a simple light blue dress. There wasn't that many details to it, but Rarity had planned to do something with it when she got her inspiration for it. It looks like those plans would get canceled. Rrrip! Fluttershy torn a large strip of fabric off the dress and put the ice on it. It was a lot more easy now that the ice had cracked. Fluttershy wrapped the ice and placed it on Spike's head. She tested his temperature it had went down a little, but not enough. "Oooow! So what now." Zero asked as he rubbed his head.
*I say we head to the nearest port town.*

"Blitz is right. That ice pack will not help for much longer. We need to get to a hospital." Fluttershy said. "Ponyville is out of the question it's forty miles back. The nearest town is Transverse Village. About two miles up the road." Twilight said while putting up her map. "So what are we waiting for lets hurry." Rainbow Dash said. Twilight levitated Spike onto her back and kept the ice pack on him. "Okay let's go." She said as she started to walk faster.

Spike awoke in a panic. He wasn't with the gang anymore. The last thing he saw was looking off somewhere then it's all black. Spike tried to move, but fail. After several more attempts he gave up. "Well look who finally decided to wake up." said a low voice. Spike remembered that voice and hated to hear it again. "No. No. No! This is all just a dream. Dreams can't hurt you Spike." Spike said to himself. "Hurt you? Now why would I want to do that?" said Future Spike. He had a golden cup filled to the brim with red liquid. "What is that?" Spike asked. "Blood. What a sip?" Future Spike asked with a sinister smile. "Why would I want to drink that stuff. Your out of your mind if you think I'm drinking that." Spike said in protest. "Well thats too bad. Either you drink this or I'm going to force you to drink it my tied up past self." F. Spike said. Spike looked around and quickly found the reason why he couldn't move. He was tied to a pole surrounded by dead pony bodies. Spike started to freak out. "I guess we will have to do this the hard way." F. Spike said. He grabbed Spike's mouth and pried it open. He then poured the blood into the baby dragon's mouth.

To Spike's amazement the blood tasted.....good. The warm feeling of blood slowly flowed down Spike's throat as he swallowed. Soon his vision blurred, causing Spike to blink, but when he opened his eyes all he saw was red. Spike started to thrash around and bite at the rope wanting to taste the sweet taste of blood again. "Congrats Spike you have past your first test with flying colors. Lets hope you are as willing for the next one. Hahahahaa." Future Spike laughed.

Spike woke up again, but this time he was in a hospital room in a tub of water. The water was warm and soothing. It turned out to be night time and Spike decided to go back to sleep this time. As he drifted off to sleep he had a craving that he knew was going to be hard to satisfy. Spike started to crave blood.

Author's Note:

Rarity:Whats happening to Spike?
Zero: I don't know, but it can't be good.
Spike: What are you guys talking about?
Rarity: Nothing! Nothing Spike.
Stay tuned for the next chapter of Dragon Chains 2 Zero Infinity