• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 727 Views, 18 Comments

Dragon Chains 2 Zero Infinity - The One With The Crystal



After the first encounters with the chains Spike and Zero must now retrieve all ten chains.

  • ...
1
 18
 727

Visions of a Foreseeable Future

Spike awoke to see he was in a tent. He tried to move, but a strong surge of pain came into his injured arm. Spike looked at it and found that a gauze had been wrapped around his arm. 'Not too tight while at the same time not too loose. Fluttershy's work indeed.' Spike thought. Soon voices hit Spike's ears and from the sounds of it Twilight and the gang were talking to someone. "What news?" Twilight asked. "King Searimece has reconsidered, due to the feet of Spike the Dragon during 'The Test', and some proof due to me. Princess Crystal will be allowed to journey with Spike, Jade, Zero, and Manic. She will arrive for departure in the morning." said someone.

Spike was delighted that Crystal was joining them. He got up and headed out of the tent. "Hello everypony." Spike said. Everyone within range ran to hug the little dragon. "Spike its so good to see that your okay." Twilight said. "You had us worried deary." Rarity said. "Dude that was so cool how you attacked Sir Gared like that, even though we didn't see it, it was still awesome." said Rainbow Dash. "Yeah awesome." Sir Gared said as he limped towards Spike. "Are you okay?" asked Spike. "Yeah I've been through worse," said Sir Gared "I hope you girls don't mind, but I would like to talk with Spike in private." No one disagreed. Spike and Gared went far out of ear shot from the group. "Spike. I wanted to talk to you about that move you did, back there. How did you do it?" Sir Gared asked.

Spike was shocked for a second. How did he managed to do it? It was a mystery to him. 'Wait. Didn't Future Spike said I would be able to use Dark Matter. Maybe that was it.' Spike thought. Spike focused his thoughts on summoning the hidden ability. At first it looked like he was holding his breath to Sir Gared. He even thought about stopping him, but something wasn't right. Slowly a dark aura started to swirl in the air. "Spike what are you doing?" Sir Gared asked. His answer came in a form he didn't expect. A thin layer of the dark aura formed on Spike's injured arm and burned away the bandages. The aura started to heal his wounds fast.

Back at the campsite. Jade had stopped in her tracks. Her sudden stop of movement didn't go unnoticed. A certain pink mare looked at her. "Jade are you okay? Did you run out of sugar? Oh Oh! I'll go fix you a big batch of cupcakes." Pinkie Pie said. She rushed off somewhere to make a batch of cupcakes. Twilight came to Jade next. "Jade are you okay?" she asked. She didn't get a response. Twilight got curious as she examined Jade. Then she poked Jade's side with her hoof and got a response. Jade's green mane turned a light blue and her coat turned into a light black. "Girls! Jades' doing it again." Twilight said.

Soon the whole camp went to check on the unicorn mare. "What triggered it this time?" Zero asked.
*Maybe its her time of the month and she froze up.*
Zero dropped a bead of sweat. "If you were materialized you would be so dead right now." Zero said rubbing the back of his head. "Besides the remark from Manic. How are we going to get Jade out of this trace?" Rarity asked. Before anyone could answer Jade returned to her normal self. "Why are you guys staring at me?" asked Jade. "It happened again." Fluttershy said. "What? It happened again?!" Jade asked surprisingly. Everyone nodded their heads.

Spike fell to his knees as he breathed heavily. "Aaaaaaahhh. I'm tired." Spike said. 'He must still be exhausted from 'The Test'. He should rest he has earned it.' Gared thought. "Come on Spike let us return to the campsite. You need your rest." Gared said. "Can you carry me? I'm too tired." said Spike. Gared sighed. "Okay, but just this once. I don't give out rides to everyone. You got that?" said Gared. "Yes sir." replied the tired dragon. Gared used his magic to create a water platform under Spike and carefully moved it a few inches above his back before he terminated his magic and the water along with Spike fell onto his back.

As Gared walked back to the campsite everyone was getting ready for bed. "Gared where is Spike?" Rarity asked. Gared turned around to show the now sleeping dragon on his back. "Aww isn't that cute." said Fluttershy. "Yeah yeah whatever. I'm going to sleep." Zero said as he crawled into his tent. Twilight levitated Spike into the tent that Zero was in. "Hey can you girls do me a favor?" asked Gared. "Yeah sure." said Applejack. "Remember me bringing in Spike on my back?" asked Gared. "Yeah." said Pinkie Pie. "No you didn't." replied Gared as he turned back into his ring form and was teleported back to Crystal.

"Well girls, besides the weird stuff thats been happenin around here, ah say we all get some sleep. We have ta head back to Ponyville in the mornin." said Applejack. "I second that." said Rarity. With that everyone went to sleep.

About a couple of hours later Spike had woken up from his slumber and went outside the tent careful that to awaken the sleeping dragon know as Zero next to him. Once out of the tent Spike went to a river that was next to their camp site and splashed some of the cool water on his face. His body was heating up and sweat began to drip off of his body. At first Spike thought he was having another overheat, but this time something was different. While the heat began to consume his body at an alarming rate pictures and scenes began to fly around inside the young dragon's head.

A picture of a mountain was the first thing to come into Spike's mind followed by a scene of young dragon some in their teenage years walking in straight lines down a concrete hallway. Then a feeling that Spike had only experienced once in his life. The feeling of pain as electricity ran through his being almost as he was being electrocuted. Slowly the pain went away as one last scene came rushing into the poor dragon's mind. It was Crystal and she looked worried and scared. Then Spike heard it. It was faint, but he could hear it. Crystal was saying practically pleading "No please don't do it. I don't know anything. Please sto....". Her pleas were cut short by her own screams of pain.

"E......enough!" Spike yelled as he finally came back to reality. He was left breathing heavily as he fell to the ground in a mini pool of his own sweat. "Spike are you.........alright?" asked someone from behind him. At this point Spike was too mentally tired to do anything so he just continued to lay down in the grass while thinking about what he just say. "Its me. Jade." Spike closed his eyes as he mustered enough strength to talk. "You felt it too didn't you?" he asked. "Spike we are linked mentally, what ever you experience I do as well." Jade said. "I figured as much." Spike said as he tried to get up. Jade helped the dragon up with her magic and placed him on her back. "Jade?" Spike asked. "What Spike?" "What is happening to me?" Spike asked.

Jade knew Spike was going to asked this question at some point, but she herself didn't know the answer. "I don't know Spike. I don't know." said Jade.