• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 5,494 Views, 408 Comments

My Little Yamato - Gideon020



Buried in the stone beneath Canterlot, an ancient secret is about to be uncovered. One that will forever change Equestrias view on the places beyond the stars

  • ...
10
 408
 5,494

Chapter 19: Waterborne

“Five, four, three, two, one. Warp!”

The Wave Motion Engine screamed with energy, light piercing through the gaps between its panels as it pushed the ship through yet another warp.

The Yamato shuddered, ripped apart atom by atom, merging into the ripple in space time. The fabric of reality in some far off region of chosen space twisted, birthing the ship from nothingness. The massive engine at the rear of the ship blinked in flashes, reigniting and peeling the ice that clung to the vessels hull.

Rainbow Dash slumped forwards in her seat, hunched over with her head in her hooves, waiting for the nausea to fade. Gradually, the ponies sitting around the bridge groaned and overcame their own battles with the warp sickness.

“Ugh, I hate- *urp* -Ack, that so much,” the pegasus moaned, silently plotting the fastest route to the bathroom in the worst case scenario.

Celestia, who appeared, more or less, no worse for wear turned to her. “I’m afraid it’s an inconvenient side effect of warping. You’ll just have to get used to it, we have a lot more jumps to stomach.”

“Twilight, report,”she continued.

“Warp was within acceptable error margins, have landed in a poorly mapped region. As far as I can tell, there isn’t a system for light years in any direction.”

“How long until we’re prepped for another warp?”

Apollo took the reigns, already monitoring engine levels. “Depends. For a small jump? Two, maybe three hours. Another big jump like that one, which i’m guessing we’re gonna need to get anywhere soon, could take up to a day.”

“Understood. Keep sensors on low power, long range. We’ll keep an ear out for anything while we recharge.”

“Officer Dash,” Celestia began. “You are dismissed for the moment, I am certain that we won’t be encountering any threats at the moment.”

‘’Aye aye ma’am!” Rainbow saluted, making her way past the captain’s chair towards the elevators.

“Oh, Officer Dash. Do keep on your hooves, however. We were fortunate with our last encounter, but we can’t afford to be caught off guard again.”

“I understand completely, Captain,” Rainbow smiled, before calling the elevator.

“No aliens gonna get the drop on ol’ Rainbow here.”


“Miss Rarity, your drink?” the nurse asked, balancing a shiny tray with a solitary glass of water on her wing.

“Oh thank you kindly dearest,” Rarity said, her voice sincere, but frazzled, much like her appearance. Taking the glass in her magical grasp, she brought it to her lips. The door to the infirmary slid open with a near silent hiss causing the patient to pause. Setting the glass aside, she welcomed the guests.

“Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow darling! So good to see you all,” the patient said, fatigue clear in her words.

“Heya Rares, how’s the battle wound treating you?” Applejack asked, motioning towards the cast leg the unicorn had injured during the escape from Eden.

“Oh the leg is just fine, if rather itchy. Something else, however, has been absolutely dreadful!”

“Oh no!” Pinkie gasped. “Those nasty, meanie ants haven’t come back for you have they?! Don’t worry Rarity, I know Kung Horseshoe!”

Rolling her eyes as Pinkie demonstrated her ‘praying mantis, hidden walrus,’ she turned back to Applejack and Rainbow.

“It’s these ghastly hospital gowns! I mean look at them, cyan? Who would use such a dreadful color?”

“Hey!” Rainbow growled, motioning towards her own coat.

“Oh, um but of course, it looks lovely on you, Rainbow. It really brings out your eyes. Heh he...” Rarity said, quickly covering herself, sinking back into the bed.

“Anyways, we all just wanted to see how you was doing, sugarcube,” Applejack continued, picking up her chart clipped on the foot of her bed.

Patient name: Rarity.
Species: Pony, Unicorn.
Sex: Female.

Condition: Fractured Metacarpal, left foreleg.

The rest of the chart was filled with medical mumbo jumbo that was beyond the farm mare. Setting the clipboard down to avoid a self induced headache, she looked back to Rarity, who was still sheepishly hiding from Rainbow’s peeved gaze while Pinkie attempted to keep them apart.

“Did the doctors tell ya how long till your leg heals?” she asked.

“I believe they said anywhere between two to three weeks,” Rarity recalled.

“What no way! Everyone knows Earth ponies heal the fastest and a broken leg for them takes six weeks at least!” Rainbow interjected.

“Apparently not. You know, I had my doubts about the Yamato when we first boarded, but now I see its merits. The medical technology onboard is absolutely incredible.”

“Ah tell ya, is there anything this ship can’t do?” Applejack sighed.

Rainbow looked around, surveying the chilled white interior of the infirmary. “Probably not. This ship kicks so much tail it isn’t funny.”

“Oh!” Pinkie spoke up. “Can it do a little dance? That would so superfantabulously cool if it could dance the hokey pokey and maybe a little cha-cha-cha!”

Rainbow looked critically over at her hyper friend. “Riiiiight, whatever you say Pinks. Anyway I don’t know how you do it Rarity. When I was in the hospital I went mad after like, two days. You seem so-” Rainbow rolled her hoof in the air. “-chilled.”

“Oh it’s not that bad, the nurses are very friendly. And just between us girls, I think one of the residents has his eye on me,” Rarity whispered.“Oh woe is me, how will I ever defend myself against such a rogue beast?” the unicorn dramatised, fawning herself with her good hoof.

“I think she has gone mad,” Applejack whispered to Rainbow who nodded ever so slightly.

“Excuse me, Ms. Rarity? Your eleven-hundred hours X-ray is prepped and waiting. I’m sorry girls, but Ms. Rarity is going to be busy for the next hour or so,” A nurse informed them.

“Thats quite alright, we were just checking up on her anyways. We’ll see ya soon Rares, hopefully we can get Twilight down here too.”

“What about Fluttershy?” she asked questioningly as she was helped out of her bed.

Rainbow scratched the back of her head. “Um, shy is kinda... indisposed at the moment.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, after you were taken to the infirmary back on Eden and after we escaped, she was kinda, maybe court martialed?”

“My word, whatever for?” Rarity commented, settling into her wheelchair.

“Um, for going Absent Without Leave, endangering crew members, and disobeying orders from a superior,” Rainbow recounted glumly.“She’s serving another week in the brig.”

“Don’t worry, I go check on her every day. She’s doing alright,” Rainbow finally smiled, putting an end to Rarity’s aghast expression.

“Hmm, well make sure she comes to visit me when she gets out, I feel like I haven’t seen her in an age. Ta-ta!” the mare waved as she was wheeled away.

Suddenly a small pager clipped on the brim of Applejack’s signature hat began to beep incessantly. “Ah shoot, sorry girls, looks like I’m needed. Take care now, ya hear?” Applejack said as she turned away.

“And I’ve gotta go do another broadcast!” Pinkie giggled, clopping her two forehooves together in excitement. “Fun fun! Bye Dash!” The sugary cotton candy mare bounced off, “Hey Pinkie wait!” Rainbow called out after her.

Without a response, the pegasus sat there, crossing her forehooves, pouting. “Well now what?”


The door to the Wave Motion Gun chamber slid open, revealing a familiar off-white pegasus stallion chatting with a much gruffer earth pony engineer.

“--Don’t want to use this thing until you're certain that it’s fixed,” Apollo said, his voice coming out in the form of his ‘getting stuff done’ tone. “And- oh hey, Rainbow,” he smiled as the prismatic mare waltzed in.

“ I wanna hear back from you about this ASAP, okay?” he finished, to which the stoic engineer simply grunted before trundling off.

“And what brings you into this neck of the woods, Dash?” Apollo greeted her, emphasizing the word neck with a rehearsed crack from his own.

“I’m off duty now, so I figured I’d come see what you were doing. What was all that about anyway?” she asked.

“Hmm?” Apollo quirked an eyebrow. “Oh, him. Theres a concern that there’s a bit of a bow in the saturation chamber,” he paused, pointing up at the massive orange cylinder above them, the very same one that made the final connection between the Yamato’s engine and its continent cracking trump card.

“If he’s right, and we fire it, it might not slam home into the aperture just right. And a sixty ton bolt full of wave motion energy not finding its mark and breaking something, It’s a bit of a scary thought.”

“Ugh, I’m glad I work tactics and not engineering. Everything about Wave Motion hurts my head.”

“Its pretty simple really. The engine catches ‘waves’ of Tachyon particles and it-”

“Save it! You lost me at engine.”

“Okay, well is there anything you came down here for other than to bug me?”

“Well actually I wanted to talk to you about something weird...” Rainbow trailed off.

“Oh?”

“Yeah um, come with me,” she flicked her head over towards a desolate corner of the chamber.

With a quick beat of her wings, the mare flung herself away, leaving Apollo to follow in her wake, before setting down a few feet from her.

“Okay, what’s this all about?” he asked, his voice holding the slightest twinge of concern.

“It’s nothing bad, but it’s really starting to creep me out. I didn’t really think anything of it till recently.”

“Dash?”

“I’ve been seeing... things. Things on the monitors. When I’m in my room, when I’m at my station, the last one was even in one of the Zero’s!”

“You mean like pictures?”

“No, like messages.”

“And... What do these messages say?”

“Well sometimes I get them and there’s just nonsense. Like the other day I got one that was all rejected code I think, but it kept repeating the word ‘Rain’ in it.”

“But sometimes, and this is happening more and more, is that I’m getting ones directed straight at me.”

“What do you mean ‘at you’?”

“They keep talking to me directly! Saying my name, or- or my initials! And they always seem to sign off with a Y,” Rainbow admitted, her voice getting a little worked up.

“So you think someones watching you?” Apollo asked, trying to connect the dots in his own head.

“I- I don’t know! But it’s happening more and more and It’s really starting to freak me out!”

“Alright, I’ll... I’ll keep an eye out. I don’t want to alarm you but it sounds like you’ve got an admirer somewhere onboard.”

“What do you mean?” Rainbow asked.

“Well if you're a stallion you can only keep your eyes off of mares for so long...” he admitted sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

“I mean putting a hundred or so stallions in with about two hundred mares inside a massive tin can? It’s only going to be so long before heads start turning.”

“Why me though!?”

“Well you're pretty easy on the eyes Dash. I was actually surprised when I discovered you were single,” Apollo cracked an awkward grin.

“W-well, A relationship just wasn’t a priority is all! I was going for the Wonderbolts after all, a relationship just wouldn’t work when I’m touring with them all the time,” Rainbow said defensively. Adopting her signature prideful pose, the mare pointed to her chest. “Besides, I could have any stallion I wanted. Even you!”

Apollo’s eyes widened to dinner plates as Rainbow registered what she said. With a Fluttershy-esque squeak she clapped her forehooves over her mouth.

“Is that so Dash?” Apollo smirked.

“I-um. Yeah. Yeah it is!” she said defensively.

“Wanna put your money where your mouth is then?” he asked playfully.

Rainbow smirked confidently, moving up and pushing her snout into his in a ‘in your face’ gesture. “My room, tomorrow, twenty-hundred hours.”

With a victorious grin, she turned and strutted confidently towards the door, before calling back. “Wear something nice!”

Apollo scoffed in disbelief, falling onto his rump with a unbelievable expression clear across his face. ‘That mare.’


Rainbow giggled devilishly as she rolled around in her bed that night. Dating really hadn’t been one of her strong suits, and being on the Yamato certainly didn’t do her any favors in that regard, but the feeling of butterflies was still all too prevalent.

Her giddiness wasn’t unfound either. With the two ponies little talk after Rainbow’s mini-meltdown he had revealed that he cared about her. The question on Rainbow’s mind however, was how deep that caring went.

She couldn’t deny that Apollo had his merits. He certainly seemed nicer than some other stallions she’d had the displeasure of dating.

‘Seriously, Hoops? What in the name of Luna’s great ass was I thinking?”

With a happy sigh, she settled into the massive savannah that was her bed. Silently, she plotted the perfect way to have that stallion wrapped around her hoof.

Elsewhere in the massive ship, Rarity tossed and tumbled in her bedding, fighting her way to sleep. The unicorn wished that she could chalk up her insomnia to the shuddering of the water pipes in the walls, which they had been doing ever since the Yamato’s small asteroid pitstop, but it couldn’t explain the bullets of sweat caking her forehead.

Finally, with a grumble, she just settled for staring up at the ceiling, trying to count the seams in the metal in the darkness, raising a shaking hoof to rub her throbbing temple. “Oooh, just what is wrong with me? I think I need to speak with the doctor again.”

Sighing, Rarity flopped back onto her sweat-soaked pillow and tried to get some sleep, and slowly, painfully slowly, sleep finally arrived as her eyes closed and exhaustion finally claimed her.

The lights were dim in the ship’s corridors. The artificial night light providing an eerie silence to the vessel, save for the ever present drone of the ship’s powerhouse. Each dorm room’s keypad glowed faintly red, indicated the massive steel door was locked tightly, protecting those who slumbered inside. One door however, remained green.

With a hiss, the double doors to the infirmary glided open, and out stepped an alabaster white hoof.

Slowly, the off beat clop of hooves resonated off the flooring, the shambling of a pony trudging through the halls. A gentle moan of pain sounded every few steps, the pain of exertion on a wounded leg making the pony wobble in uncertainty.

The unicorn sniffed the air sharply. Pointing her nose in the air, searching for something. Slowly, she weaved her way from passage to passage, systematically checking each and every door.

Clang. Clang.

The thump of a hoof on the cold doors echoed in the silence. At each door the sickly unicorn was met with the same silence.

Clang. Clang.

The door stood firm, its tiny red light glaring its message of LOCKED into the pony’s eyes. With an unhinged scream, the pony launched her damaged left leg at the keypad.

Down the hall, one of the impassable red lit doors suddenly turned green, letting a tired mare walk out into the hall, investigating the racket. Rubbing her eyes, Applejack spoke.

“Rarity?”

The pony turned with a hiss and glared at the interloper before it charged, prompting the Earth Pony to rear back. “Woah there! Slow down, what’s the problem?” She tried to stop the charging pony in the darkness, when quick as a snake the madpony sank its teeth into her foreleg.

“Ow! You rotten-” Applejack cried out in pain before forcing the pony off her, “What is tarnation is wrong with you? Biting another pony like that, ya’ll should be ashamed of yourself!”

Rarity’s answer was simply to moan in pain before wobbling slightly, and then spitting violently, and then collapsing to the deck as Applejack rushed to their side, ignoring the throbbing pain of the bite on her leg, “Aw horseapples, now I gotta wake up the infirmary staff!”

She began shifting the her over her shoulders, “Come on you, you can explain yourself when you wake up.”

The only response from the other pony was a low moan of pain. As the unicorn was hoisted onto her friends back, she took a quick snap at her neck. Applejack deftly dodged it and swung her hoof around to cuff the pony, who finally went silent, “Tarnation, what else could go wrong tonight?”

With a flick of her mane, Applejack hastily jammed her hoof into the buzzer that lead to Twilights dorm. A few dreary moments passed until the door slid swiftly open, revealing a saggy-eyed and bedhead-sporting unicorn.

Before the tired mare could make to scold the apple farmer, her ears perked when she noticed the unconscious Rarity.

“Applejack? Whats going on?”

“I was hoping you could help me figure that out. Mind if I come in?”

Twilight shook her head, stepping aside and motioning for her entry, “No, no, please do.”

With a nod, Applejack lumbered past, Rarity in tow. With an undignified grunt and a quick mini-buck of her hips, the earth pony dumped the unconscious fashionista in the nearest chair.

“She’s a mite heavier than a bushel of apples,” she mused to herself.

“Okay AJ, spill. Why is Rarity here?”

“Ah don’t know Twi. I was just lying in bed when I hear this knocking in the hallway. I went outside and here she was, banging on all the doors. Walking around on her bad leg I might add too.”

Glaring over at the unconscious Rarity, she continued. “I walked up to her but all she did was jump at me, snapping and carrying on. I sure hope she ain’t gonna be too cut up about me hitting her.”

“You hit her?” Twilight asked.

“In self defense! She was trying ta bite me!”

“Alright, okay,” Twilight huffed, letting a heavy exhale pass as she thought. “Maybe she was sleepwalking?”

“Sleepwalking? Sugarcube, I don’t think Rarity’s ever sleepwalked.”

“It could have started recently. I remember reading a paper that said sleepwalking can be brought on by sedative drugs. Maybe it was something the nurses gave her? Like during surgery?” Twilight offered, her sleepy mind trying to grasp at neuron paths that weren’t quite firing on all cylinders yet.

“I don’t know about that. One of my cousins used to sleepwalk and she ain’t never tried to attack someone.”

“Everyones different?” Twilight shrugged.

Applejack sighed, moving to pick the mare back up. “Let’s just get her back to the infirmary.”

Twilight nodded, rubbing some more sleep out of her eyes.

Before she could make a comment about taking some medical notes just in case it happened again, the sickly pony’s eyes snapped open and snarled at Applejack, spitting a large, bloody glob of saliva straight into the mare’s open mouth before Rarity’s teeth found the apple-farmer’s neck.

With a gurgle, Applejack fell heavily to the floor, leaving Twilight alone with the deranged pony. Rarity snorted, letting a gooey spitwad fly forth, landing all but a foot from Twilight. Rarity screamed in her throat, in a similar vein to how a cat growls when another feline encroaches on its territory.

“Rarity! What is going on with you?! Please, you're scaring me!” Twilight pleaded, backing up against the cold steel door.

Rarity said nothing, only making a shaky attempt to move forwards on her busted hoof. She snarled as the bone fragments in her leg slid against one another, immediately taking her weight back off it.

Suddenly, with a shriek, Rarity decided to forgo her front hooves all together, using her rear legs to launch herself at Twilight. Panic quickly struck, allowing Twilights flight or fight to kick into overdrive.

Snagging her friend mid leap with her magic, she viciously reversed her velocity, throwing Rarity backwards across the room. With a meaty bang, the unicorns battered body hit hard against the heavy shutters of the window, giving Twilight a much needed few seconds.

Blindly fumbling for the door controls, she helplessly mashed her hoof into the panel, letting the door swish open behind her. The sudden loss of her back support meant that she quickly found herself in a pile at the foot of her door.

Scrambling to her hooves, she all but punched the keys to let the door slam, just as Rarity regained her senses.

Breathing heavily, Twilight placed a hoof on her chest, trying to calm down as her mind raced, thoughts forming and discarding before the mare shook her head, “What...no, that was not an allergic reaction or anything like that. Something is very, very wrong here.”

Shakily rising to her hooves, Twilight looked around the empty corridor, before gasping, “Oh no! Applejack!”

Whipping around, she looked back at her door. No sound came from within but the green light on the door panel was ominous enough. The door was still unlocked, the keypad on the inside being the only barrier between herself and the crazed pony and her injured friend inside.

Dancing on her hooves, Twilight began to breath faster, heavier. Her logistic mind ran at speeds even the Yamato’s mainframe wouldn’t scoff at as she weighed all the variables.

Try to save Applejack? Twilight desperately wanted to. The bite Rarity gave to her looked vicious she could very well be bleeding out in there. Magic could be unpredictable in high tension situations, what if she couldn’t defend herself?

“Safety in numbers,” Twilight chanted quietly to herself. Backup. She needed another set of eyes.

The door gonged lowly as what sounded like a hoof strike met with it. With a final glance at the door, Twilight took off, racing down the hall, praying Applejack was alright.


The alarm blared obnoxiously throughout the entire ship, its screaming tone waking everyone aboard. Blearily rubbing their eyes as they stepped into the hallway, several crew ponies were graced with the site of the ships security forces. Armed to the teeth with the Yamato’s pilot leading the charge, they struggled to make way as the platoon passed.

“Are you sure it was Ms Rarity,officer?” the burliest of them all asked, galloping alongside Twilight as they ran back to her dorm.

“I think I would recognize my own friend trying to attack me,” she snorted.

“It may have been dark, how could you know for certain?”

“Sergeant! I know, okay? Now help me subdue her before she hurts somepony else.”

Shying away from the on edge mare, the stallion returned to his small squadron, getting information to storm the room. Quickly, swiftly, they slid into place. Two on either side of the heavy steel door, the rest poised to burst in.

The sergeant looked over the formation, giving a nod that all was in order, he slowly tapped his helmet three times. On the third tap, they sprung into action. Mashing the door panel, the four on the frame immediately shone their flashlights into the room, lighting the way for the breachers.

A thunder of hooves clattered over the threshold, tasers ready. “Room clear,” one said.

“Damnit! She must have gotten out,” Twilight conceded, swiping her hoof. “What about Applejack? Is she alright?”

“I’m afraid Applejack’s not in here.” came the reply.

“Oh I hope she’s alright,” Twilight muttered aloud.

“Ack!” a security pony gargled from the back of the room as a black mass fell on top of him.

“Hostile! Engage!”

“Don’t hurt her!” Twilight screamed, her cries falling on deaf ears. The electrical buzz of taser prongs filled the air with crackling energy, each missing their mark as the mass flew overhead, using the sergeant’s head as a springboard.

Twilight went southwards, hitting the deck trying not to get taken out by the escapee.

Author's Note:

This was originally going to be much longer, however I was starting to hate how long the delay between chapters was getting. Not that I blame my co-author, but I dislike writing without him and it is getting difficult to try and be online and have the time to write coincide with each other. Never the less, I mostly enjoyed this chapter, a lot of fun things came up that will be loads of fun to start weaving into future plot points.

Comments ( 26 )

Huh, Z outbreak?

Are humans or 'Terrons' even going to come out? The aliens talked as if they still existed, so will the Yamato face the Terron fleets? I can imagine humans wanting their legendary ship back...

4822632

I'm afraid I can't Answer that.

4821625 i suppose that is exactly right. individuals bent on unthinking aggression towards others with the intent of spreading the infection. le zombie.

4821625

Maybe, maybe not.

It could be something that has been breeding in the ship's systems, either from Equestria or, more likely, picked up on one of the planets or asteroids they've visited, which could create a virus zombie effect on those infected, though it does beg the question of how Rarity got infected if that's the case.

The other possibility is it's psychological, namely a combination of PTSD and the effect of being stuck on what is in effect a tin can light years from home, claustrophobia and other things.

It could be a side effect of heat (several species are more aggressive to others while coming up to or during their heat periods, human females not getting it as much due to them having it so often through the year) while stuck in cramped quarters, maybe not Rarity's, maybe hers, it's up for debate.

The last possibility is it's something to do with ship's ghosts, which are likely a combination of several hundred highly charged emotional situations where people died and the computers developing something resembling an intelligence from centuries of things mucking around.

We'll probably find out in the next chapter, depending on whether Applejack is alive or not and how she reacts to others, since we're not sure yet whether the being that bolted is Rarity or AJ, and we've already had one near mutiny due to how things have happened, along with Fluttershy… *winces* if Rarity didn't get caught on the world Fluttershy went rogue on, she might be 'patient zero', since I believe she did get hurt, though it's been a few months.

Pretty good, but I don't like how it cuts off at the end. Not a good place to put a cliffhanger if you ask me.

Well, shayte!

4921611 I didn't make that up its been part of the Space Battleship Yamato canon since its inception. As seen here

Note that that continent was stated in the show to be roughly the size of Australia.

Twilight could catch Rarity with levitation or teleport them. Why did she left them?

5129303 correct, i put that in as a little Easter egg

She tried to stop the charging pony in the darkness, when quick as a snake the madpony sank its teeth into her foreleg.

Zambies?

the sickly pony’s eyes snapped open and snarled at Applejack, spitting a large, bloody glob of saliva straight into the mare’s open mouth before Rarity’s teeth found the apple-farmer’s neck.

Zambies.

By the chapter title I guess they didn't filter the water properly, silly ponies, alien microbes can be all sorts of nasty.

4921611 That's a common misconception, energy always radiates outwards. Even in a focussed beam such as a laser, though being so focussed the loss is minimal, however once hitting an object there becomes a median for the energy to flow through, and it will radiate as fast as the median will allow.

Which is actually what makes a problem with railguns and such in space, they get very hot but since space is a vacuum with no median such as air, it takes an extremely long time to cool down as the heat energy will have to rely on radiation alone to disperse the it.

So you pump a ton of energy into a narrow confinement beam, you can still get a massive destructive force upon hitting a target by filling it with so much energy it cannot disperse it fast enough.

Another example is bullets, often you can get a high velocity bullet to make a bigger hole than the round itself through the amount of energy radiating off the impact, hell make it fast enough and a car sized bullet fired from a railgun can also destroy an entire continent by the amount of energy released on impact.

So far good :pinkiesmile:, still the cliffhanger is going to kill me :applecry:
If you need ideas about what kind of planets they could encounter while traveling this could help:pinkiesmile:(even if they don't land on them):

Is fascinating that planets like Aquarius exist in reality :pinkiegasp:, also the idea that "Rouge Planets":rainbowhuh:(that is not mention here but is also supported by science) exist. I'm talking about planets that drift in the space without a sun if you wondering :rainbowderp:

5313466

i'll keep this in mind. If got the main... 'campaign' if you will, planned out, but i need more 'side missions' to make up more meat of this story if you know what i'm saying. Which means that any of my readers can put forward ideas for chapters. Either through comments or PM's im always happy to listen to suggestions!

Well F*** ,that happened! :rainbowhuh:

Honestly, I not really impressed with the whole zombie thing. To me, its a tired cliche. :unsuresweetie:
I understand your trying to go for the whole creepy, scary, trapped on spaceship with a parasitic virus. But.....:derpytongue2:
yea didn't really scare me. :ajbemused:

I just hope this ends well.
P.S. Not trying to berate you in anyway, I'm just uneasy about this seeing as how I've seen this trope used poorly and I'm just worried that this could end poorly from a storytelling perspective.

I am so, enjoying this story. I have seen every episode of SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO, as well as many episodes of SPACE PIRATE HARLOCK, and almost the entire series of GALAXY EXPRESS 999. I have also seen QUEEN EMERALDAS. I am also familiar with CAPTAIN ZERO. I wonder what celestia is up to, what her ultimate goal is. she doesn't seem to be a major character in this story. she doesn't even interact with her crew like she does in the FIM series. she seems very distant in this story. the doctor is also very absent as the story progresses. the story seems to center around the MANE 6. when this adventure is finished, how will they be able to go on with their old lives, knowing what they have lived through. its like Louis and Clarke. after their amazing adventure, one of them committed suicide. I guess he couldn't live a normal life, after going through such an amazing adventure. what is ponyville, compared with knowing all the techno-wonders they have utilized in this adventure? they will never be the same after this, and how could they be. and what will become of the YAMATO, when this is all over? I cant wait to see what the outcome of this amazing adventure will be. please finish it soon. PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE !!!!!!!!

Hey ho. A little surprised to not see 5314086 's name on this story anymore. Any idea when it will be continued?

5773439

Is that continent... Floating? In the SKY?

6239340

Guy lost his direction and eventually interest and allowed me to adopt the story.

As for continuation...I'm not sure, been in a creative slump as far as ponies are concerned.

So Why the BUCK haven't they just turned the ship around and head back to Equestria already, I mean come on, the Mane 6 should be back home in Equestria with their elements protecting the world, not to mention they still have things to do there, mainly Ascend Twilight into an Alicorn, reform Discord, Stop Sunset Shimmer, Defeat Tierk and Twilight getting her own Castle and many other things to come.

YAMATO THE FINAL SALUTE
you had to of grown up a child of the very early 1980's as a life long fan to be able to understand what starblazers was all about as a war story, that those among us who grew up with the star force as life long fans knew exactly what it took to fill the shoes of those onboard the space battlesip yamato who had lived fought and died in the defense of humanity and our world. as fans we all know that no one paid a higher price during the five years of interstellar war then those who served on the yamato in the defense of earth and mankind
ask anyone who is familier wiht starblazers the yamato and her crew the star force and they will tell you the same exact thing as i do now. that those who served on the yamato in the defense of earth and mankind did so out of Duty, Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Teamwork . Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Compassion, ... Loyalty, Selflessness ,Sacrifice, cooperation, coexistence, exploration, tolerance, discovery, knowledge, friendship, and family. .these people were autobots in every proper sense of the word .
the yamato and her daring crew the star force are an amazing tribute to the indomitability of the human spirit in the face of a a hostile & unforgiving universe, stated with bravery & determination & heroic fighting spirit,. one that held together as much by the collective will of what remains of her surviving crew as by the rivets & welds of her tired hull, pure audacity given form her crew getting by on sheer grit , tenacity and fighting spirit making the impossible possible through sheer force of will and unrelenting heroism the yamato is more then bolts and bulkheads, she is a living thing , strengthened by everyone who served and died while serving her in battle . she is not just another ship , shes the mirror of our eternal soul

6994970
have you considered the Yamato its crew encountering the allspark cube?

not the crew itself but the Yamato itself

for all intents the allspark granting the Yamato the gift of life itself, making it so much more then just a seemingly sentient ship

it literally being reformatted by the allspark/granted life as its own living being (this interaction of both magic/science /technology developing into a holy trinity of sorts in the Yamato itself developing into a full fledged self sentitnet living being in its own right

for all intents the Yamato being its own living being as a metro titan of sorts

its current state as a battleship being a living city quite literally, but also gaingng the ability to transform into a interorbital deep space orbital observation and if need be weapons platform as well

and in the worst case scenario it can also transform into a super robot form but with the crew itself serving as its living hive mindset

that is to say that while each member of the crew would retain their individuality and personal quirks personality and attitude as originally the persons they each were before this all happened

they would each in their way be linked to the Yamato itself on a mental level in a shared collective mindset by which they can more effectively stay attuned to the needs and functions of the ship but also in serving a sa living mind for the ship whne it operates in its super robot mode

you know really give them the ability to stand on equal ground in terms of size armor durability firepower and sheer raw strength should they encounter any rogue cybertronians along the way

Right......now youve lost me. Zombies? Really? This isnt Dead Space. I dont know what the author was going for with this plot turn but.........maybe they should have thought it through a little better.

damn this is a good story too bad it's probably not going to be continued:fluttercry:

9725832
I'm a big fan of SBY too

Login or register to comment