The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

I was chosen as Admin by the members of the HiE after the whole Night Dreams thing went down. Been one ever since. Much controversy was had!

What about you, guys?

Smiles
Group Admin

I made a group called "The Admin's Group" and then the site automatically made me it's prime admin.

Fishy business if you ask me. :trixieshiftleft:

Made my own group/cult then joined a reviewer group and achieved adminship via hard work and threats.

2865881 for 2 of the groups I just asked. another one elected me because they liked the way I wrote Spike stories

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Some (WRITE, TWE) I co-founded.
I was brought in to help try to fix TECS because of my experience in review groups.
Seattle's Angels saw my reviews, liked them, and invited me on board.
I'm a friend of Wanderer D, so he invited me to help run the WBA.
I helped GV set up the Royal Guard before it went live, but left the project before the site blogs went up.
Smiles added me as admin of this one because she's cool like that
Fallout: Equestria... just sort of happened, really :rainbowlaugh:

I got involved with SALT up until it died, and around when that death happened, some of SALT's members—myself included—came together with some of the TWE's members to conceptualize and form the group that eventually became WRITE, so I was an admin there from the beginning. With that and a good work ethic on my resumé, I've never really had a problem becoming an admin of other reviewing groups, which are about the only sort I'd care to administrate.

2865895 Your admins skills are flawless, though!

2865881 One group I had successfully led a merger of a group I had founded, another group I was almost always on and so would be available to manage trolls, and a lastly I just struck the founder as someone who could run a tight ship.

2865896 I first started a group named 'Apple Bucks', then another named 'The Forgotten Library'.

who knows, maybe I just start another, for what ever purpose comes next?

2865881 I founded the Perpetual Discussion Group, and became an admin by default. All the others were in need of admins, and so I applied.

Tricky question, given how many groups I have admin status on.

Obviously, I founded Twilight's Library, The coalition against adminless groups, Spiked Coco, and Mr. Breezy's Fans, and while it was done with the group account, I created the Twilight's Library Staff Forum as well.

All the other library groups made anyone who was an admin in Twilight's Library admins.

In the Coco Pommel group, I created the banner, fixed up the title page picture, and created a pictures thread, and then got offered an admin position.

I helped bats with rebooting the ScootaBelle group, and he asked me to be a backup admin.

I helped Elric reboot the Twist! group, and was rather involved with the early decisions there, and he made me an admin.

Seven81493 asked me to be a backup admin on Who Doesn't Like Carrots?, IIRC. Same goes for Elric and Spike's Basement O' shame.

In the Scootaloo group, it was sitting there unmaintained for a long time, and the creator had long since left the site. I pm'ed him, and posted a thread trying to find any way to get in touch with him. Eventually someone who knew him IRL got him to contact me, and make me and CluelessFilly (who has long since vanished) admins.

in the Cutie Mark Crusaders group, there was a similar situation, except that I couldn't get ahold of them, and they'd been gone over a year. I spent a bunch of time trying contacting various site admins about it, but most of the ones that could do anything about it don't respond to pms, at least mine. Eventually someone else who knows knighty got him to switch me in as the founder.

When hawthornbunny needed a few admins for the Silver Spoon group, I volunteered.

When the whole mess with the Cutie Mark Crusaders group was going on, SweetAI Belle was trying the same exact thing with the Sweetie Belle group. when Wanderer D, awesome mod that he is, straightened that out and made her admin, she made me a backup, in case anything happened.

I think that's all of them.

I'm a big believer that any group that grows to any size should have multiple admins, even if the others don't always do much, because it's very difficult to do anything about it if the only admin in a group vanishes. I've volunteered in the past to be a backup admin if that sort of thing happened, so that's part of why I'm an admin in so many groups. That, and people know I have experience as an admin...

--arcum42

Bronymaster
Group Admin

Author Support

Founder of the group, not that you can tell by my join date (due to experiments back when bans did not work and checking if they were fixed).

The Proofreader Group

Though not the founder of the group, I used to be the most proactive proofreader (and I do believe I still hold the record for the number of listed stories, not that I'm listed or even accepting anymore). I left the group at one point, but UraniumSpoon (The Original Founder) asked me to come back and help admin the group after some stuff went down and they needed help. Back then, the group was not ah... shall we say "well-designed". It was a great idea, but it was clunky and needed refinement.

After a few months of attempting to contact US and crADHD (the other admin), and never getting a response from either, I took things into my own hands and laid the foundation for the group as it is today along with the help of Meeester. The group may not purr as it did when I first finished my work, but I think it has turned out pretty damn well.

TECS

After Dan left the group, I sent in an application and M1SF0RTUNE took me on as Admin. It has remained that way ever since, even through the change in leadership.

I've got a variety of stories myself, just like 2866303 does. But I started out by showing him I was an okay guy, which got me on board with Twilight's Library.

Some of them have been through me founding them. They're small and mostly irrelevant ones
Many of them were from founder appointment. Many of the groups I'm an admin of had something to do with arcum42 (thanks, BTW).

Actually, I was invited to be admin of all groups I mod for. :rainbowlaugh:

Guess I have a few abilities to keep things civil on threads, I brag about being a neutral person, so many group founders like to have someone who doesn't take sides on their team.

2865881 Depends on what you mean by being an admin. I've admin'd many things before Fimfiction.

2865881 I was just one of the more active members of my group, and the original admin/founder decreed that storie submissions could only be done by admins and contributors. I asked the admin if I could be a contributor, being that my sense of judgment was very keen and we got along well. After about three weeks of being a contributor, I saw that I had a crown next to my name, making me a full-fledged admin.

I asked if I could be an admin real nice like and they gave me the job. Then I got power hungry and began to use my exagerated power to overthrow the owners and become the admin
Or maybe I made a group

2865881 I was chosen as an admin by harassing the current admins in my group to make official contests, group images, a better folder system, etc. They basically chose me because I saw problems and ways to fix them, and they wanted me to implement them rather than do it themselves, knowing I would probably continue to do the same thing in the future.

I created a few groups, which made me an auto-admin, but for Twilight's Library I've invested tons of time and energy to get there.

Mayhem also made me a co-admin on the Cadence's Library for being a TL staffer.

~Twi

and

Same as everyone else, right?

...right?

In TWG, I volunteered to become a contributor. Presumably not being a jerk, and helping to judge one of the contests tricked them into making me an admin.

For Anti-depression Ponies, Smiles just.... does things.

With Luna, I volunteered. The founder was all away and idly, and he wanted someone to take care of the group.

Smiles
Group Admin

I do what I want! :rainbowkiss:

Such a rebel. :rainbowdetermined2:

I don't suppose you want to off that fake Smiles?

Keeps getting my hopes up.
H-he pretended to be you, and did... things to me. :fluttercry:

He did what to you!? :raritydespair:

Smiles
Group Admin

Get out of my groupz. :trixieshiftleft:

Crap... They stole my next line...

Ban me, I dare you!

Smiles would never ban you. They're too awesomely kind.
(Unless they aren't. In which case, :heart:)

I, however, am secretly a bitch. :trollestia:

TwiDash, I was asked to be an admin for it based on the work I've put towards behind the scenes stuff and a willingness to play forum-wrangler.

High Quality Mature Fiction, I was made an admin without being told, on account of the group creator recognizing that I would know quality smex when I saw it.

Intelligent Shipping Discussion, I was asked based on my totes awesome debate skillz so's to help steer conversations places.

The rest I either founded, co-founded, or have forgotten about. :pinkiehappy:

2865920 Aayyy fancy seein' you here!
But yeah I got brought on board the admin train of the Fallout Equestra Group to rework all the folders... such. a. pain. :fluttercry: But meh I've liked my job so far :derpytongue2:

I became an admin through
A) creating a group :derpytongue2:
B) comment my interest in a "searching for new admins" thread
C) saw a promotion thread for a newly started group, commented that. I'd join, had a bit of a conversation with the person who created the thread (and the group) and then got a request if I'd like to become an admin!

I founded them with my trusty wheel of cheese at my side.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34