• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,594 Views, 61 Comments

What Happens in Canterlot (English) - NovaHaste



Rarity received a letter from Fancy Pants inviting her to Canterlot. She accepted the invitation and with her friend Rainbow Dash, they have the best days of their lives. (okay I'm not good at sums) this is a SOARINxDASH and FANCYPANTSxRARITY fi

  • ...
7
 61
 4,594

Chapter 6

Soarin and Rainbow Dash were dancing together in the center of the dance floor. The music was perfect for dancing with a couple. Soarin was trying to look at her in the eyes, but Rainbow Dash was looking at the floor. It wasn't because she didn't like the moment, it was because she was shy. Of course the mare would never accept it, but yes, she felt shy at that moment. That feeling was something that only that stallion was able to provoke on her.

"Are you okay?" Soarin asked her. He was worried about what she was thinking, because maybe she wouldn't be enjoying that moment like he was doing.

"Yes I am, but I don't know how to dance"

"Yes, you know, remember? We danced in Princess Cadence's Wedding"

"Yes, but the music wasn't as slow as this"

"Don't worry, just follow me, and let the music guide you"

Rainbow Dash looked at him and smile. He noticed that she was blushing, but he didn't say a word, just looked at her bewitched by her beauty.

.

.

.

On the other side of the ballroom, a white unicorn was looking for a pegasus. He looked at the dance floor for a moment. He saw a lot of ponies dancing there. He looked at his cousin enjoying the moment with the white mare by his side. After a moment Fancy Brand's eyes spotted what he was looking for. Unfortunately, the pegasus was dancing with another stallion who wasn't him.

Before the song ended, Fancy Brand walked directly to a mare with a cello.

"Octavia" he said

"Hey Fancy Brand! How are you?"

"Fine, fine... Could you please do me a favour?"

"Depends" she answered

"Please I need you to play the song in which everypony changes of couple"

"Okay, let me see what my partners think about it"

"Please, I implore you" He said desperate

"Okay, okay! Just wait a second"

"Perfect" And by saying so, he headed to the dance floor.

.

.

.

The song started, everypony knew that song, so they started dancing with somepony, and after some seconds later, everypony changed their couple. Rainbow Dash was surprised about that, she didn't know what to do, so she just copy what the rest of them were doing. It was kind of funny, she danced with a lot of stallions, including some wonderbolts, so she was happy for that. But seconds before the song was about to finish...

"What a surprise! Rainbow Dash I didn't know you were dancing!" Fancy Brand said.

"I thought the same of you" RD said, she didn't expect to see him there.

The music stopped.

"Rainbow Dash, let's go and drink something my dear" The unicorn said.

He grabbed the mare and walked away from the dance floor. Rainbow Dash looked at the ponies, trying to find Soarin, but she didn't spotted him. "This CAN'T be true!" she thought.

.

.

.

When the music stopped, Rarity looked for Fancy Pants. When they were together again, the mare noticed that her friend was being dragged by the white unicorn.

"Oh my gosh" She knew she had to do something. "Fancy Pants, let's drink something, I'm thirsty"

"Me too, let's go" he said. And after that they walked to the beverages.

"Oh Fancy Brand, Rainbow Dash you are here!" Rarity said.

"Hey Rarity!" RD felt relaxed "Thanks Celestia you are here" she thought.

"What do you think about the party, isn't it amazing?" Fancy Pants asked.

"Yes, it is cousin"

"Yes" RD said.

"Rainbow, let's go to the restroom" Rarity intervened.

"Yes!" And the two of them walked away.

"Mares" Fancy Pants said, and both of them laughed.

.

.

.

"Thanks Celestia you arrived! Rarity you saved me!"

"That was nothing, I saw you dancing with Soarin! But after a second you were with Fancy Brand, so I though you need my help" Rarity looked at the mirror, and started to retouch her make-up.

"Yes, thanks" RD answered.

"Okay this is the plan" Rarity said meanwhile applying her lipstick. "I saw a friend there, I will introduce her with Fancy Brand, so they could have some time together, and you will be free to be with the handsome of Soarin!"

"Hey!" Dash answered as she blushed.

"You do love him, don't you?"

"No"

"Lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me" Rarity said playfully "Okay let me go and find Swan Dive"

"Perfect"

Rainbow Dash waited until she saw Rarity with the other mare talking in order to go out of the restroom and find Soarin.

.

.

.

Near the appetizers, two wonderbolts were talking.

"No, we are not doing something important in the morning, why?" Spitfire asked.

"Just wondering" Soarin said.

"Does this have something to do with her?"

"Who!?" the pegasus said exalted.

"Don't even try to act like a dumb with me" Spitfire said with her authoritarian voice.

"Hmm... yes, it has to do with her"

"I knew it!" She said and laugh for a while. "Speak of the devil, she's coming" She added when she saw the cyan pegasus approaching.

"Perfect, let me go with her, talk to you later Spit!" Soarin said smiling.

"Okay, just don't do something stupid!" the captain of the wonderbolts added.

.

.

.

Rarity arrived with the other mare where the two stallions were.

"Sorry I took a lot of time, but I saw Swan Dive and we started talking!"

Both stallions looked at the mare next to Rarity, she had pink hair and amber coat. Rarity met her at a tea party the last time she was in Canterlot. They both had a lot of things in common, so they became good friends.

"Let me introduce you to her" Rarity said "Fancy Pants, Fancy Brand this is my friend Swan Dive. She is really nice!"

"Good night gentlecolts!" Swan Dive said

"Good night lady" Fancy Pants greeted.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" the mare said.

"The pleasure is ours" Fancy Pants added.

"Yes, it is" Fancy Brand said. "But Rarity, where is Rainbow Dash?"

"Oh, she went for something to eat" Rarity answered "Hey! I have a great and wonderful idea! Let's go and sit there so we can have dinner" she added.

"What a magnificent idea" Fancy pants said.

And they went to a table to have dinner.

.

.

.

While Soarin was walking towards Rainbow Dash, a group of mares were looking at him. They wanted to approach him and hang out with him for a moment.

"Yes, let's go and talk to him!" A pink unicorn said.

"Wait a second! He is walking to that mare" A purple mare respond.

"What?!" The pink unicorn added

"She's just a fangirl, let's go with him" A green unicorn said.

"Girls I don't think she is leaving him for a while" The purple mare said.

"What the hay is he doing with her!?" The pink unicorn added

"I know, she doesn't even have class!" The green unicorn added.

"The only thing that's fine with her is that dress" The purple mare said.

"You are right" the two of them added.

.

.

.

"Where were you? I was looking for you!" Soarin said when he approached the rainbow maned pegasus.

"Sorry, I was talking with my friend Rarity" RD apologized.

"Oh it's fine, I thought you leave without saying goodbye" Soarin said playful.

"Of course not!" Rainbow Dash laughed.

Soarin noticed there were some ponies looking at them. Its was uncomfortable to have too many eyes watching them, so he started looking for a better place to talk with the cyan mare.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, let's go there" He said pointing a balcony near some tables.

"Okay!"

They both walked across the tables where someponies were having dinner. Rainbow Dash tried to walk fast in order to avoid some undesired pony (Fancy Brand) look at her.

The two pegasi arrived to the balcony. It was quite big, or at least it seemed big because there wasn't anypony there. The balcony was very nice decorated. there were some soft lights hanging from the entrance, and at the edges there were some arrangements made with roses.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I know" Soarin smiled.

"I just don't get how all those ponies like that 'party', you know it's better here outside!"

"Of course it is better here outside, specially if you are with the best company" the wonderbolt added.

The two of them started talking about everything. They were laughing, and enjoying the moment. That night the moon was full, it was big enough to illuminate the balcony where the two pegasi were. All the time, Rainbow Dash's eyes were enchanted by the moon, she wasn't able to take her eyes from it. She felt different that night, like a new pony.

Soarin was looking at her most of the time, when he wasn't looking at her, he looked at the moon. He felt so confident that night, and more by her side. Soarin knew she was kind of nervous, and that was the reason why she avoid looking at him. He was sure Rainbow Dash wasn't the kind of girl who express her feelings so easily, so he tried to make the situation less cheesy.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Kind of"

"Do you want to go inside and eat something?"

"If you want to" Rainbow Dash said at the same time she unwittingly made a grimace.

"I know what you are thinking" Soarin laughed when he saw her face. "I prefer to eat something else" Sorin, just as RD, wasn't the kind of pony who like the typical gourmet food from Canterlot. "Would you like to go somewhere else? Maybe we can eat some sandwiches" He added.

"That would be fine, but..." Rainbow Dash tried to said but then the wonderbolt interrupted her.

"I know a place where they sell really good sandwiches, it's not so far from here!" He said enthusiastically.

"Soarin, that sound very cool, but I'm not sure because I don't want to go and leave my friend here" RD said thinking about Rarity.

"Oh I see, well if you want we can stay here" He said smiling.

.

.

.

Before the four ponies were about to finish their dinner, Fancy Brand stand up and said "I'm going to look for Rainbow Dash, maybe she is trying to find us"

"Oh I don't think Rainbow Dash is looking for us, maybe she is just talking with the Wonderbolts and she will come soon!" Rarity said. And the she looked at Swan Dive for a moment. "Oh I have a great idea! Fancy Brand, why don't you invite Swan Dive to dance?"

Fancy Brand looked at her for a second, the mare was smiling, so it would be very improper to say no, so he accepted. "Oh, of course" he said "Swan Dive, can I have this dance?"

"It is a pleasure!" she said.

Both panies headed to the dance floor, Fancy Brand was looking everywhere in order to find the cyan pegasus, but she wasn't there. On the other hand, Swan Dive was so happy because she was about to dance with one of the most wealthy ponies of Canterlot.

Once the two ponies were dancing, Fancy Pants asked "Rarity where is Rainbow Dash?"

"Emm... She, she is" Rarity tried to find an answer "She said she was going to talk with the Wonderbolts"

"Oh fine" Fancy Pants said and then he took a deep breath "Rarity, now that we are alone... I'm sorry if anything I said this morning disturb you."

"No, of course not, but..." Rarity stopped for a moment "I wasn't expecting you to say so"

"I know, we decided to don't make it public yet" Fancy Pants said, referring to Fleur and him.

"I know, that's why I didn't expect it, but... Why did you two...?"

"Well my darling, I didn't told you the whole story" the white stallion responded. "But, I can't tell you the whole story here, it is not the right place." He added. "Would you like to go with me to a better place to talk?"

"Yes" Rarity said. "But I have to tell Rainbow Dash about it"

"That's fine, I will go with my cousin and tell him too"

.

.

.

Outside in the balcony, Soarin and Rainbow Dash were still talking.

"And I think that was the best vacation I have ever had" The wonderbolt said.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash said smiling.

For a moment, both of them were silent looking to the moon. The place was quiet and comfy, Soarin stepped closer to her. Rainbow Dash noticed it and smile, then she looked at the garden below the balcony. Soarin smiled.

"What are you thinking Dashie?" He asked.

"Nothi... How did you call me?!" she asked, surprised by how he had called her.

"I... I'm sorry" He apologized. Soarin thought he had just ruined the moment.

"No, it's fine I liked it" Rainbow Dash looked at him "It's just that nopony calls me like that" She said "Well just Pinkie Pie but she's crazy!" and then she laughed.

Soarin smiled as he saw her looking at him with those magenta eyes he loved. He was stepping closer and closer to her. RD started blushing, she knew what the stallion was going to do. She felt nervous, but at the same time she was excited about it. their lips were just about to touch when...

"Oh thanks my dear Celestia you are here!" Rarity said when entering to the balcony.

"Rarity?!" Rainbow Dash stepped back and looked at her friend.

"Rainbow Dash, we need to talk!" Rarity said, she noticed that she entered in the wrong moment, but it was necessary to talk to her friend.

Rainbow Dash stared at her friend, she was about to 'kill' her for interrupting, but then she noticed the white unicorn was kind of worried. RD faced Soarin again and she said: "Can you please wait for a second?"

"Yes, of course!" He said.

Both ponies walked inside the ballroom, Soarin walked inside too, but he was far from them.

"What happened?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Sorry If I interrupted you" Rarity answered, she was embarrassed.

"No, it's fine" RD tried to smile.

"Okay" Rarity took a deep breath "Darling, Fancy Pants and I need to talk, but not here" She finally said.

"So...?" the cyan pony didn't get it.

"We are leaving right now" The unicorn said "Would you like to stay here? Or return to the Castle? Because I'm not going to be able to distract Fancy Brand so..."

"No, it's fine, I think Soarin and I are going to have dinner somewhere else!" Rainbow Dash smiled, she was going to be able to have more time with the wonderbolt.

"Perfect! So see you at the Castle!" Rarity said "Please Rainbow Dash be there before 1:30 am!" Rarity added.

"Okay!" RD said happily.

Rarity left and Rainbow Dash look backwards in order to find Soarin, but when she looked at him, there were three mares around him. The cyan pegasus looked at the three mares, she started to feel kind of angry, of course she would never admit to herself that she was jealous, but yes, she was.

Soarin noticed Rarity left, and he saw Rainbow Dash looking at him. He felt ashamed to be surrounded by all those mares while the cyan pegasus was looking at him. He looked at RD's eyes, he noticed she was kind of angry and upset.

"Sorry mares, but I need to go!" He said.

"Aww please Soarin do not go!" the pink unicorn said while holding his hoof.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to" He said and moved his hoof away form the pink unicorn's hoof. "It was a pleasure to meet you, but I need to go!" He smiled and left.

"I can't believe he left us for her!" The green unicorn said angry.

"Me neither!" the purple mare added while the three of them looked at Soarin approaching to Rainbow Dash.

"Do you still feel hungry?" Rainbow Dash asked him.

"Yes, why?" He smiled.

"Rarity told me she is leaving right now, so maybe we can..." The cyan pegasus said

"Great! Let's go to eat sandwiches where I told you!" Soarin responded, and after that they headed the restaurant.

.

.

.

The both pegasi went flying to the the restaurant Soarin suggested. When they arrived they order two special sandwiches and then they decided to sit down in one of the tables outside. The food was delicious, both of them enjoyed it and after they finished Rainbow Dash told Soarin that it was kind of late and she needed to go to the Castle, so Soarin volunteered to escort her to the Castle.

When they arrived some Royal Guards were safeguarding the castle, so when they saw the two pegasi approaching one of the guards said: "Your names please"

"Rainbow Dash and..." The mare said

"Oh Miss Rainbow Dash come in!" The Royal Guard said when he identify her.

The two of them walked in, Rainbow Dash made a grimace for how the Royal Guard called her, Soarin saw her and started laughing making her laugh too.

"Well Lady Dash" He said before leaving "It was a pleasure to be with you on this beautiful night" And he smiled, took RD's hoof and kissed it.

"Soarin!" RD blushed and then laughed for how he was acting. It was so funny to look him act as elegant and fancy as the rest of Canterlot's ponies "The pleasure was mine, Sir" she said and both laughed.

"Will I have the opportunity to see you again Lady Dash?" Soarin continued.

"Of course Sir!" she followed his game.

"Well Dashie, see you tomorrow"

"Good night Soarin" the cyan pegasus said, and after that she kissed his cheek.

Soarin blushed for a moment, he wasn't expecting that. "Good night Dashie" he said in shock.

Rainbow Dash ran as quickly as she could. She was astonished for what she did, that was something she never expected to do. She entered her room, it was vacant, Rarity wasn't there. Dash took a deep breath and then she screamed: "THIS WAS THE BEST NIGHT EVER!"

She went out to the little balcony of the bedroom, she needed some fresh air. Then she looked down and saw her friend and Fancy Pants arriving. She decided to enter to the room again and wait for Rarity there.

The door was opened, and the white unicorn entered.

"Oh thanks my Dear Celestia you are already here!" Rarity said.

"Yes, before 1:30 am!" RD said proudly.

"Great, Rainbow Dash I have to tell you something" Rarity impatient.

Author's Note:

HAPPY EASTER! Here it was Chapter 6! I hope you liked it! PLEASE leave me a coment, everytime I read your coments makes me want to write more :D

I won't promise when I will upload next chapter because the next weeks coming are going to be horrible for me D: I need to study for my mock exams, and work in some proyects... So please be patient!

-Nova
FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~novahaste
Deviantart: http://novahaste.deviantart.com/

You can also look for me in Twitter or FB, but I don't use them a lot! ;)

Comments ( 39 )

Thanks for tagging this as English on a website that accepts English stories only!

Cant wait for the next chapter I absolutley love the rainbow dash and soarin pairing. :rainbowkiss: :derpytongue2::pinkiehappy:

I luv this storyy. hahah u shoud have a part were soarin n dash are kissin then all of a sudden fancy brand walks in hahahq akward moments

2354948 LOL sorry, but I uploaded this fic to DA and FF in english and spanish at first, so in order to upload it here I copy-pasted it, literally :) maybe I will remove that tag, or maybe not :P :trollestia:

2357921 Well (****spoiler: in one of the next chapters, i'm planning to write about something like that, u know the awkward situation between those 3) btw.. Thank you so much for your comment! :heart::raritywink:

I love this story Oh pls continue!!!!!!

2403319 Thank you so much for your comment! :D I'm glad you liked it! *Sigh* I will try to write this weekend... let's see, maybe I can upload next chap soon!

ERMAGERD, i .... love, very much enjoy CHECK BACK EVERYDAY FOR A NEW UPDATE :rainbowkiss::heart:

2420037 Thanks for the comment! ;D I'm glad to know you like my story!! :D :twilightblush:

Pardon me saying, awesome story and Fancy Brand is a bit worse then Blueblood, in fact he's just like him just the opposite.

Please dear , write some more of this fabouless story! Its simply marvelous! :raritywink:

Ok, ive read this story over and over again now, UPDATE ALLREADY!!!

What??!!!:raritycry: what happened?! Do RD and Soarin see each other again. What does Rarity need to tell RD? Will pinkie pie break another wall? :pinkiehappy:Answer please!

update please :raritycry:

I NEEDS UPDATE :raritydespair:

Soarin'dash AND Raripants? INSTANT FAV!!! :raritystarry: :scootangel:

Totally loved dis! I check back, like, everyday for updates :ajsmug: Update soooon!

[img]Rainbow Dash[/img] Seriously though this story could've been twenty percent cooler if you continue with it.

update pleaseee man...this story is cool. and i wait more than 2 months so please hurry up!

if you don't mind me asking
when will this be updated

Is chapter 7 up yet? been waiting so long:rainbowhuh::fluttercry:

chapter 7 ?? :fluttercry:

I need chapter 777777777777777

are you going to continue the story ,it's so beutifula and I want to now what Rarity want to say to RD and to read something more about Soarin and Rainbow Dash in this story.

Can you please continue? It’s so good so far. Heh. Flustered Soarin. Way to go Dash. :rainbowkiss:

Soarin lächelte, als er sah, dass sie ihn mit diesen magentafarbenen Augen ansah, die er liebte. Er trat näher und näher an sie heran. RD wurde rot, sie wusste, was der Hengst tun würde. Sie war nervös, aber gleichzeitig war sie darüber aufgeregt. Ihre Lippen wollten sich gerade berühren, als ...

WHY RARITY WHY!!!!!!😢😲

EEEEEEEE When are you gonna update this is TOO CUTEEEEE:rainbowkiss:

Soooooo...... When’s the next chapter? I love where this is headed.

"What are you thinking Dashie?" He asked.

How dare you use my nickname for Rainbow Dash without my permission!! :pinkiegasp: :twilightangry2: :youbrokeapinkiepromise:

This chapter is filled with cuteness! I love it!

"Nothi... How did you call me?!" she asked, surprised by how he had called her.

Is that trying to say, “What did you call me?”

Login or register to comment