• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,594 Views, 61 Comments

What Happens in Canterlot (English) - NovaHaste



Rarity received a letter from Fancy Pants inviting her to Canterlot. She accepted the invitation and with her friend Rainbow Dash, they have the best days of their lives. (okay I'm not good at sums) this is a SOARINxDASH and FANCYPANTSxRARITY fi

  • ...
7
 61
 4,594

Chapter 4

After having lunch, the four ponies went to Canterlot's main street, where Rarity was getting crazy by looking at all the fancy stores in there. She was so excited, so she looked at Rainbow Dash, who was walking behind her with Fancy Brand; and she said "Rainbow Dash! Fancy Pants and I are going to see some stores in front of the street, wait us here with Fancy Brand, we are going to be here in a second!"

Rainbow Dash was shocked, she didn't want to stay alone with Fancy Brand, but when she looked at Rarity, the unicorn seemed to be happy with Fancy Pants, alone. "Thanks for the advice," the pegasus said. "Gosh now I have to stay alone with him" Rainbow Dash thought.

Fancy Pants and Rarity went to the stores, and Rainbow Dash saw a little bench, so she decide to sit in there with the brown mane unicorn.

"Tell me Rainbow Dash, what are your hobbies?" The unicorn seemed to be really interested in the pegasus.

"Hmm... let's see, I love sleeping" she said.

Fancy Brand laugh with elegance, "You are so funny my dear" he said.

"Amm... Thank you, I think so" RD said "And what are your hobbies?" she added.

"Well my dear, I love spending time in my yacht" the unicorn said a little cocky.

"Do you have a yacht?" she answered.

"Of course I do" he said.

"That's great" Rainbow answered, trying to hide her astonished she was.

"Yes, it is darling" The unicorn added. After that, there was a little period of silence between them. Rainbow Dash felt that the situation was getting awkward, so she tried to say something.

"How big is it?" The pegasus asked.

"What?!" Fancy Brand was shocked, but at the same time, he seemed to like the question the pegasus said.

Rainbow Dash looked at the unicorn, and she noticed what he was thinking about "Oh my dear Celestia" she thought. So she answered "The yacht" a little annoyed.

"Oh, of course" the male unicorn said while blushing. "Well the yacht is quite big enough for throwing a small party"

"That sounds great" she said.

"Yes, maybe one day you can come with me, and you know, we can have a great time together" the colt said emphasizing 'great time'.

Rainbow Dash was conscious that the situation was getting really awkward. She felt nervous for a moment, so she tried to answer something quickly. "Yes we can throw a party in there"

Fancy Brand laughed for a moment, and so he said "Oh yes my dear".

Rainbow Dash looked at all possible directions avoiding eye contact with the unicorn. she saw Rarity and Fancy Pants approaching. "Oh look Rarity and Fancy Pants are coming right now!" she screamed. the pegasus stood up from the bench she went with her friend. "Rarity, you took a lot of time!"

"Of course not, we were just window shopping" she said.

"Okay, can we go to the castle right now? Its getting late and we have to rest for tomorrow! We are tired for the trip you know." RD said, she looked quite angry, but her friend didn't notice.

"Rainbow Dash, just be a little patient, we will be here for few days, so we have to take advantage of all the time we can". Rarity answered.

RD relaxed for a moment, and accept to stay there for a few more minutes. Rarity was happy for that. All of them continued walking in the street, when the female unicorn looked at a building and said "Fancy Pants look in there! There is an art exhibition! Please lets go!

"What!?" RD screamed.

"Oh yes, that's wonderful, let get in!" Fancy Brand said. Fancy Pants accept as well because he enjoy admiring paintings and sculptures.

"Okay lets go to the art museum" Rainbow Dash said tired, she was losing her patience.

When they entered the museum, Rarity and Fancy Pants went together to the sculpture section. They did so fast, that Rainbow Dash and Fancy Brand didn't see them. "Great" RD though, she didn't want to stay alone with that stallion again. She has no other option but walk through the exhibitions with Fancy Brand by her side.

In the sculptures section, Rarity was really happy with Fancy Pants by her side. They were looking at the most beautiful sculptures in the entire Equestria. Fancy Pants felt so comfortable walking by her side. They stopped walking for a moment, when they entered to the painting section.

"Oh my dear Rarity," Fancy Pants said "I missed you so much" he said.

"I missed you too." She said. "I just can not believe you invited me." she added.

"Well my lady, I wanted to spend some time with you, as we didn't have enough time at Princess Cadance's wedding" the unicorn said.

"Yes, you are right" Rarity answered. She remembered that at the Royal Wedding, she was talking with Applejack and Twilight, when suddenly Fancy Pants came and invited her to dance. She accept and the dance together, but when the song ended, he had to go because there was somepony waiting for him, Fleur de Lis.

"Sorry," Fancy Pants said. Rarity looked at him confused. "For that night, I think you were expecting having more time with me, as I expected too; but, at that time..." Fancy Pants wasn't able to finish his sentence because somepony interrupted him.

"Rarity! Thanks my dear Celestia we found you!" Rainbow Dash ran when she find her friend. "You know what?! I feel dizzy, please, lets go now to the castle and have some rest!" She said.

Rarity was shocked, she was just about to 'kill' Rainbow Dash for interrupting Fancy Pants. Now, she was sure he will not talk about that in front of the other ponies. "But" Rarity said, wanted to stay more time, but she looked at her friend, and noticed the pegasus wasn't lying, she looked tired.

"Rarity, I think its time to go" RD said.

"Okay, yes you are right. We need to go right now" the female unicorn said.

Rainbow Dash felt a little bit better hearing those words from her friend. All that time in the museum was a nightmare for her. She was just trying to avoid everything Fancy Brand was talking about him. She just remember that he talked about his family, and that they were all entrepreneurs, and he was running his own business, and stuff. The pegasus was sure that the male unicorn wanted t impress her, but what really happened, was that he just gave her a headache.

They all four returned to the Castle, where Rarity and Rainbow Dash thank the two unicorns for inviting them and spent the whole day with them.

Once in their room. Rarity started preparing for sleep. Rainbow Dash was really tired so she laid down in her bed for a moment.

"Oh it was an amazing date don't you think so?" The unicorn asked.

"Oh, yes it was wonderful darling!" RD said ironically.

"Excuse me?" her friend asked.

Rainbow Dash stood up from her bed "Rarity, don't you dare to leave me alone again! Okay!?" she screamed.

"What are you talking about?" the unicorn felt a little guilty for making her friend angry.

"You know what I'm talking about! You leave alone with that Fancy Brand all day long!"

"Sorry, but I leave you alone in order to let you guys meet each other" Rarity said.

"Okay, but let me tell you, I didn't felt comfortable okay!?" the pegasus blamed her. "You know he's not my type! He is so fancy and elegant and... all that stuff" RD stopped for a moment to catch some air. "Please, just don't leave me alone with him again... Okay?" she said more quiet.

"Yes Rainbow Dash, I'm sorry, I didn't think about that" Rarity apologized.

They stopped talking for a moment, meanwhile they were getting ready for sleep. Rarity was taking out all her night treatment for her face, hair, and body. Rainbow Dash was looking for a towel because she wanted to take a bath first.

"OH MY GOSH!" Rainbow Dash screamed. But this time, it wasn't for something good.

"What happened?!" Rarity answered.

"Rarity, do you think Fancy Brand is going to come with us tomorrow?!"

"Tomorrow?" the unicorn asked.

"Yes, to the show!" RD said.

"Oh, I'm not pretty sure about that, maybe he is coming, but why!?" she asked.

"OMG! I'll be serious with you, I don't want him to come with us!" Rainbow answered.

"And what do you want me to do?! Tell Fancy Pants: Darling please, don't allow your cousin to come with us?!" Rarity responded.

"I just don't know. I just hope he doesn't come with us tomorrow" the altered pegasus said.

"Relax darling, why are you so worried about that!? He is a nice guy!" Rarity said.

"He might be, but he, he is this flirty and I don't want him to be all around me the entire night!" Rainbow Dash screamed.

"OH! I know why you don't want him to come with us!" Rarity said with enthusiasm.

"What!?" RD asked.

"Yes, you don't want that wonderbolt to see you with him! right!?" the unicorn said.

"What!? Of course not!" the pegasus was shocked for what Rarity said.

"Yes! Thats why you are worried about him!"

"No!" Rainbow Dash was nervous, Rarity knew one of the reasons why she didn't want Fancy Brand to come with them tomorrow.

"Yes i'm pretty sure about that! Just look at you! you are blushing!" Rarity added.

"No, stop it!" the cyan pony said.

Rarity laughed "I have a great idea! Maybe you can make Soarin jealous with Fancy Brand!"

"No way I'm doing that! I don't want anypony to get hurt or something" Rainbow answered.

"Oh, come on Rainbow Dash!" the unicorn was trying to convince her.

"No Rarity, that's not good, thats not fine; doing that is just not okay"

"Oh darling, I'm sorry I forgot you are the Element of Loyalty" Rarity added.

Rainbow Dash felt uncomfortable about that situation, so she decided to go and take a bath. when she finished, Rarity was almost ready for sleeping. They order some food for dinner, and then they were just about to sleep.

"Rainbow," her friend said " maybe, I can think in something of how you can avoid Fancy Brand tomorrow." she stopped for a second. "We need to plan something, and I will help you dear"