• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 1,971 Views, 73 Comments

"Angst Much?" - Drax99

Comments ( 30 )

Why Pinkie?!
Why her?!
I hate Pink and I hate pie!
Pinkie Pie is worst pony!:twilightangry2:

I used to think the same way, until I wrote chapter 8, it actually made me cry. She kinda grew on my like a fungus after that.

34262
What can I say, when i dream, i dream big!

Huh, not the best self-insert I read, but far from the worst. I like how it develops an idea over the chapters as opposed to most other fanfics where everything is thrown into your face, desensitizing the reader to any preceding plot twists. A lot of other things could've been developed, like Drax's relationship with Pinkie, but it does spend enough time to address and develop a crucial plot point. Sans some grammatical errors, not bad, not bad at all.

:pinkiecrazy:

34566
Not truly a self insert, as much as Drax may share with me, he will always be just a character I roleplay. Of course, using the same name muddies the issue, and at this point I have stopped caring.

The grammatical errors are mostly intentional, as much as it infuriates followers of "proper" English. I write how I talk, as well as how I hear others talk, which makes my stories easier to follow, until your OCD kicks in and you try to copyedit my writing to conform to what your teacher tried to beat into you. Lol. Still, it is just a stylistic choice, and you will find it consistently throughout my writing.

Fir an extra mindfuck, I even change writing styles according to character. Twilight is very grammatically correct, where Dash is alot more loose and full of slang. Applejack, I just imagined the sound if my family from tennassee and then facerolled the keyboard.

If you want a fun read, you will love my stuff. If you want proper English, run far away. :pinkiehappy:

CDR

Awesome story is bucking awesome, drowned in awesome, baked in awesome, iced in awesome, and finally deep fried in BUCKING AWESOME!!!

#7 · Dec 2nd, 2011 · · ·

I originally read this as one of the very first Fan fictions I had read.
Now, after re reading the epilogue I recognize that it is among the very best of fan fictions.

CreeperDaReaper! I had no idea that you were into this sort of thing, I remember when you still maintained The O.S.M.S. on MCF gee times have changed since then.

58287
Depends on your definition of "Happy", and weather you read the sequel. I believe in happy, but I don't believe in ever after. Especially if you are immortal.

[iamactuallyokaywiththis.jpg]

Alrighty, this turned out to be fine, sorry about that last review. Many awesome applauding mind fucks everywhere, the fourth wall integrity has fallen to 0.09000% D:

71946
if this story gives you deja vu, you must have some really trippy dreams like I do...

72179 You would be surprised... And I seem to share quite a few qualities with Drax; this is an extremely well written story, especially taking into account this is your first fic. By far this is one of my favorite fanfics I have so far read

Messy mangled moodles mump.
trebled tales of true and trumped
left to life listed last
telling tails that turn the top

when it ends the time does say
look to find another way
end is neigh but out of reach
telling all our secrets keep
slowly falling out of tune
meet myself, reborn anew


Really did enjoy the story, even if i did skim over a couple bits.

98537
Actually, some parts were purposely written so they could be skipped, if you arn't into that sorta thing. Yet despite this, it still got slammed as being a clopfic. bleh.

120270
Damn, indeed

152507 FINALLY! Someone gets it.

152725 No spoilers... keep reading, lol.

I don't even know how I got here... Well, since I'm here, might aswell just read it

BBB

58299

wait there is a sequel to this?

:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I AM GOING TO FIND IT IMEDIATELY!!!!

273658
Funny, you are only the second person to get that joke, I musta tried too hard on that one.

Now we just need a story of how he's with princess luna.
Please?

537652
Only because he doesn't want them to, so it makes for an awkward running gag. It's revealed eventually that its a side effect of his magic, the same way everypony loves Celestia.

Best one ever, even till this day!

I didnt want this to end! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooood!

120 :Fluttershy: "Yay"s/20

Plus, loved the ending, and how you used Pinkie's Fourth Wall breaking powes in the story.

Also, :facepalm:

I am truly furious. I was enjoying this story until about chapter 10 or whenever we find out that thing that was never explained that you obviously don't want us to question. I thought it would be explained and it would be fine, but no. It was not explained. It is not fine.

Spoilers

I want to know WHERE THE FUCK IS HE THEN??? A MADE UP VERSION OF EQUESTRIA THAT SOME KID WITH DISABILITIES CAME UP WITH AFTER SHE DIED??? I mean really? What the fuck was that about? Why did you not explain it?

5019716 I suggest watching a rather good movie starring the late Robin Williams. It's called "What Dreams May Come", and was my inspiration for this scene.

5020880 Alright. I have not seen the movie yet, but I know it's good. I still wished you had explained it in the story though. But does that mean he is dead?

5021270
Basically, Celestia is dead, and this is the afterlife she created for herself. Drax came there through other means, but because he was once human, he has the same creator powers. He's basically a superuser inside of a virtual world, only less technological, and more metaphysical.

5021467 I am just going to reply in a PM since I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the spoiler thing.

5021899 just put spoiler and /spoiler in square brackets.

i remember when i first read it, still like this story, made me wish i was better at writing

Login or register to comment