• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 615 Views, 16 Comments

Replacement - superpony55



Now that Twilight's a princess, she can't see her friends as often. So what happens when her friends make new friends? Does this mean... REPLACEMENT?

  • ...
6
 16
 615

Chapter 3- Different But the Same (Twilight)

This is Twilight. I'm back in Canterlot, now. Unfortunately.
"Twilight!" Princess Celestia came running.
"Yeah?" I said grumpily.
"Thank goodness you're here! I'm sure Shining Armor had told you why I need you." When she saw I still didn't really understand why I had to come back, she sighed. "Twilight, I'm sorry I had to take you away from your friends, but you're needed here."
I sighed then. "I'm sorry Princess. I just haven't seen them for so long."
"It's okay Twilight."
"What do I need to do?" I asked.
"The same thing you did in Ponyville," she answered.
"Okay," I said.
Later that day, I was on my way to see that the preparations were going along just fine. My first stop was in the Royal Kitchen.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi. You must be Princess Twilight Sparkle?" said a green unicorn with a short, wavy mane.
"Yes. I am. But please, call me Twilight. And you must be Chef Chef?" I said.
"Please, call me by my first name. It's-"
"Connie. I know." I smiled. "I see the food is coming along fine?"
"Yes, yes it is," said Connie.
"I'll have to go now, I have more preparations to check on."
"Alright, see you later," Connie waved.
I went to check on the weather preparations.
"Hey there," I said.
"Hi," said a grey Pegasus. "I'm Cloud Clearer."
"Hi Cloud Clearer. I'm Twilight Sparkle."
"Pleased to meet you, Princess. I was at your coronation. I cleared the skies," she said proudly.
"Wow. I'm sure you'll do just as good of a job as last time!" I smiled at her. "Well, I'd better go oversee the other preparations. Bye!"
"Goodbye, Princess!" she yelled.
"Just call me Twilight!" I called.
"All right then, goodbye, Twilight! She wanted me to call her Twilight!" The last part was just to herself.
"Next is the décor..." I muttered to myself.
"Hello?"
"Hold on. Yes, there should be a bow here, and there, and..."
"MOONDANCER?" I said.
"TWILIGHT?" Moondancer said.
"YOU'RE in charge of the DECORATIONS?"
"No crazier than Lyra doing music, or you being a PRINCESS!"
"I'm sorry how I acted last time I saw you!" I said. That had been on my last day in Canterlot before I went to Ponyville.
"Well, I wish we could talk longer, but I have to go see the music-"
"And Lyra!" Moondancer finished my sentence.
"Bye!"
"See you!"
I went to see how the music was going. Moondancer was right, I looked, and there was Lyra Heartstrings, just like she said.
"Hi Lyra," I said.
"Hi Twilight," she said.
"How's the music going?" I asked.
"Great!" she answered. "Listen." And she played a beautiful melody on the lyre.
"It's nice to see you, but I have to go," I said. "Bye!"
"Bye!"
I hoped I was done, and go back to Ponyville for at least a day or 2 (she had me check the preparations a few days early). But there was more to do.

Author's Note:

Note: I'm going on a short hiatus so I can work on some new stories.

Comments ( 12 )

Please give me advice to make the story better! :applecry:

2600985

It was my first story, future chapters will be better. :twilightsmile:

2585547
I Understand That This Is Your First Story But You Atleast Have Some More Description. Tell Us What The Characters Are Doing, Give Us Some Action. For Now I'm A Dislike But Once (IF) You Make It Better I Will Change

2813771

Yeah, right now I'm editing it.

2819619

The next chapter is Tie Dye's. I'll give more information about her in the next chapter, and of will be longer, too!

2819627

No thanks, if you look at my other stories you'll see how much I've improved. Thanks anyway! :twilightsmile:

2819627

Rewriting it now.

Edit: Or not.

This story has officially been graded a Flawed Quartz by The Gem Hunters.

You need to work on your pacing and descriptions. For all we know, Tie-Dye could be a Timberwolf. There isn't much description. Also, you need to make your chapters longer, each one should be at least 1K words.

3728520

Right. I will be (maybe) rewriting the story, and the chapters will definitely be longer, and I will add more detail. Thanks! :twilightsmile:

I'd say that you should change your cover picture, it's a little odd looking with just two ponies floating in a white void. You could probably use a screencap from the show of Twilight Sparkle looking sad or something. It's just a suggestion, the art is still fine as it is.

4246498

Yeah, I know. I need to go fix that at some point. :facehoof:

Login or register to comment