• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 615 Views, 16 Comments

Replacement - superpony55



Now that Twilight's a princess, she can't see her friends as often. So what happens when her friends make new friends? Does this mean... REPLACEMENT?

  • ...
6
 16
 615

Chapter 1- A Call to Canterlot (Twilight)

I was back in Ponyville. Back with my friends. Finally, after a lot of paperwork, I'd convinced Princess Celestia to let me come to Ponyville to visit my friends for a few days before the Summer Sun Celebration. After all, they helped me become the Princess of Friendship!

We were having a picnic. We had finished the food a while ago, but everypony was hanging around to talk in the limited time I had before I went back to Canterlot. We were talking about the upcoming Celebration; and it made me realize I should tell my friends how happy I was to be back in Ponyville. "It's nice being back in Ponyville with my friends."

Rainbow looked at me in surprise. "Haven't you made any new friends- or seen any old friends- back in Canterlot?"

I was a little embarrassed, but I answered her anyway. "No, I haven't. And you guys are the first friends I've ever had, not including Shining."

Rarity wouldn't let the matter drop. "Why haven't you made any friends?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Princess Celestia has me very busy. There hasn't been any time. Plus, not very many ponies even think about becoming friends with a princess. And there's still a lot to sort out. But I missed you guys. I convinced Princess Celestia to let me come visit you. I mean, I'll try to convince her to let me live in Ponyville."

Rarity smiled excitedly. "If you can't come live here in Ponyville, we'll come live with you in Canterlot!!" She was shrieking by the end of the sentence.

I smiled. "Well, I just hope I can live here-"

Pinkie realized what I had said a little while back. "Hold on a second-" she took a few steps back. "You don't have time to make FRIENDS!!!???"

I sighed. "I'm afraid not Pinkie."

"How long can you stay?" Applejack asked.

"Until the night before the Summer Sun Celebration. Since it's going to be held in Canterlot this year, Princess Celestia wants me to be there. Don't worry, I'll be here long enough to spend time with all of you."

All of a sudden, I heard another voice. "Twily!"

I turned. There was my brother, stepping out of a carriage! "Shining?"

Shining Armor looked very serious. "Princess Celestia needs you in Canterlot!"

I gasped. "What? Why?"

"She wants you to plan the Summer Sun Celebration. She said you did a really good job last time. I'm proud of you!" said Shining.

"Thanks, but I'm not going. She told me I could be here with my friends," I said.

"But the other organizer got the pony pox." Shining Armor looked worried.

Fluttershy looked at me and said, "It's okay Twilight, go help the Princess."

Applejack nodded. "Go 'head."

Rainbow Dash simply said, "It's cool."

Rarity urged, "Go on darling. Oh, I wish I could come!"

I looked at them. "Why can't you come?"

"Too busy," they all said.

I made my decision. "All right, I'll go. But I'm coming back after the Celebration!"

Shining said, "That's the plan."

"Bye!" they said.

"Bye!" I called. Our carriage was already flying away.