• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 1,608 Views, 38 Comments

Mi Amore - Dusk Quill



Hearts and Hooves Day, as done by Shining Armor and Fleethoof.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,608

The Letter


To my most beautiful Princess Cadence,


Words cannot begin to describe everything that you mean to me. You matter more to me than the entire world. Without you near me, Equestria feels like the dead of winter: cold, harsh, unforgiving. You breathe life into my winter. You bring light into my dark world. Without you, I would have been lost to the fire and the shadow. You, my saving grace, make me feel like a true stallion—but more, you make me feel like a hero.

Before you came into my life, I was a lost soul, wandering through an impossible maze of despair I didn’t even know I was in. You came to me, like an angel, and rescued me from the depths of Tartarus. I am all that I am because of your guidance and your devotion. I am the stallion I am today, for better or for worse, because of what you give to me.



You give me strength when I need it most.

You give me courage when I must be brave.

You give me hope when I have nothing to believe in.

You give me love when I thought I was alone.



I pray that someday I will be able to return all the blessings and all the love you have given to me. But take comfort in knowing that although you may not realize it, I will always be with you.

You are my princess. And whatever I am, I am yours.


Happy Hearts and Hooves Day.





With love,
— Your Stallion xxx

Comments ( 18 )

Aaaand it's DONE!!

I saved the letter for very last, just for you, 2137166. :rainbowlaugh:

2157845
Ah the bush, the classic landing ground and one of the best if i don't say so myself.

Me, I was running from my CRAZY ex wielding a butter knife (She couldn't find any of the sharp knives) so I bolted for the window and jumped into a skip full of cardboard :facehoof:

Its true that Fleethoof depends on Cadance. If she didn't help him through his issues, his PTSD would be a lot worse.

Silver out!

GOD DAMMMIT I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ALREADY

are you going to make more chapters??? :fluttercry: (PLEASE SAY YES, PLEASE SAY YES!) :twilightblush:

2616754
Not for this one - it's done. But I will continue the story in another fic since it's very clear people would like me to write more romantic stuff. :raritywink:

Damn this blew Skyfall out of the water in terms of views. I still would rather read you other stuff but this is hilarious in the beginning and touching in the end. Even though I enjoyed this I think it has a lot to do with reading the normal stories and knowing the personalities of the characters.

Aim High: Fly, Fight, Win :rainbowdetermined2:

2932652
It's getting up there in terms of blowing The Griffon War out of the water! People clearly prefer a romance to military action fiction. Who knew? :pinkiehappy:

Everything I've done so far is sequential to the Skyfall saga, because I love working with the characters I've lovingly molded and crafted myself. I'm going to start branching out into different sects very soon, but the Skyfall universe will always hold a special place in my heart. They're my babies... :twilightsmile:

SON OF A TROLL'S GREAT GRANDFATHER!!!!!
Where in the name of Celestia's holy horse shoes did THIS come from!?
I read it, loved it, and then left because it was a one shot... I'm going through your stories for details on the final battle at Skyfall and BOOM... I find this!?!

............screw it. Everything is on hold. I'm reading.

Boom!
There we go. Now I'm caught up with the world. Actually, discovering this was a wonderful little surprise. This short story was absolutely wonderful and I found myself laughing and feeling my heart flutter throughout it. It's scenes/stories like these that make me really want Cadance and Fleethoof to be together. I personally love their dynamic and how they fit together. I love Mightnight, and I know she's obviously best pony, but so far no pony has been able to match how powerful and wonderful the relationship between Cadance and Fleethoof is.

It's also great to see you do other stuff besides war and black ops stuff. Variety is the spice of life after all.
Right, well I'll stop gushing over here about how awesome this short story was or how much I love Cadance and Fleethoof.
:coolphoto: Keep up zee awesome work! :coolphoto:

Aargh! I just found this and it is awesome! I Haven't started to read it yet, but I can't wait to see how Fleethoof acts as a civilian! I really liked him as a soldier, and this is a nice change from the sadness and tragedy of The Griffon War (I loved it though!)
:pinkiehappy:

3242411
Very glad you enjoyed it! People seem to like the other side of Fleethoof and every character so much, I think another might be in order soon. :pinkiehappy:

P.S. Thanks for the fave! :twilightsmile:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I guess my question is, why didn't she choose Fleethoof? He seems to have made the stronger argument in this piece, but we know how the story goes. :B

4814403
4814493
It's not really taking place before the show, but more or less in the middle of S1 and S2 at this point. I sort of destroyed skewed the timeline a tad.

Also, advice happily taken and lyrics beat up, nuked, and sent to the moon! :pinkiehappy: I had forgotten they were there in all honesty.

That was....AWSOME!!:pinkiehappy:....and also touching:fluttercry:

A beautiful story. Good job, be proud. :heart:

Login or register to comment