• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 14,527 Views, 61 Comments

Cutie Mark Chronicles Redux - ColtClassic



Some years after the show, the Cake twins learn the stories of how the Cutie Mark Crusaders got their Cutie Marks, as well as some surprising facts about their old foalsitter.

  • ...
2
 61
 14,527

Author's Note

So this is my first pony fic, hopeful of many to come. I hope you enjoyed reading it! I'm new to this whole writing thing, but this seemed to go well and I have more ideas coming down the line, so if you like this, stay tuned.

I'd also like to thank Nonagon, Boomstick and Fiddy for proofreading this for me, you were all a great help.

Lastly, I wasn't too certain about what tags to use; practically all of them seemed halfway applicable while not being quite accurate. If anyone thinks I've picked misleadingly, let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 23 )

Wow. A complete story, no loose ends, all released at the same time. It mimics the feel and pacing of the Cutie Mark Chronicles episode, but blows it out of the water.

Can't wait for your next story!

jz1

Congratulations! Your first fic and it was this good? You, my friend have some untapped potential, just like Sweetie Belle.

One thing though: What happened to Twilight?
I am I just really oblivious and missed something, or I am i just supposed to guess as to why Twilight fell into the river and as a result needed a leg to be amputated?

Other than that though, this was a great story, and I want to see more from you in the future.

The Pinkie Rainbow Dash story was the highlight of this story along with the aftermath of that event. It is amazing but oddly fitting that the twins do not know how amazing Pinkie is considering that they live with her. Even the most exotic things look mundane if they are around all the time.

Also I may need to reread it but I am guessing the storm that cost Twilight her leg and is the basis for the most if not all the CUtie Mark cCrusader cutie marks is Rainbow Dash's storm thus making a connecting event similar to the sonic rainboom?

1935490 allow me *ahem*
twilight was out helping everypony get out of the storm, keep stuff from getting smashed etc. etc.

while she was out there, in the darkness she trips on a rock or a tree root or something (you decide)

she stumbles down the river bank, at the same time she smacks her head on a rock (hence the unconciousness)

while she's lying the the river, a tree get's struck by lightning and collapses onto her leg, before floating down the river (the wind made it roll into a deeper part of the river than what she was in)

the resulting damage from the tree-on-leg action was too bad to fix, so the doctors were forced to amputate

yes it's brief, but its be best i can manage at 10:30pm, hope this is helpfull
(this can also be for the benefit of everypony else who might be in the same predicament as JZ1)

1942060
WUB A DUB DUB MOTHERBUCKER:pinkiehappy:

I really liked this story, much better than many of the stories I've read on here that deal with the future of the mane 6.

Every bit was enjoyable, although I tried to comment when any thought, good or bad, occured to me. This story is definitely worthy of more praise and views.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick any particular weak point of the story, but a few chapters stood out as being particularly good.
Chapters 2, and 10 are about tied for best chapter. And chapter 4 of course.:yay:
Chapter 10 probably had very slightly more of an emotional punch, and was improved by being fit into this larger story, but I think Chapter 2 might have been the bigger acomplishment, given that the subject matter is more unique and IMO more difficult to write about well. Chapter 2 is what sold me on reading this story all the way through to the finish, and is definitely the most memorable section.

As to tags, for the character tags, I think using Rainbow Dash and Pinkie instead of the Mane 6 would make more sense, as we barely see any of Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy, while Twilight isn't really central to the story. The CMC are obviously the most important characters aside from Pound and Pumpkin, so I think RD, Pinkie, CMC, Other is the correct set of character tags, but obviously that's subjective. I don't think the way you have it is bad or anything.

For the genre tags, I think Slice of Life on its own might be enough. It is certainly that, and it really isn't anything else. The story didn't inspire much sadness in me or explore sadness that much until the very end, I'm not sure it really needs the Sad tag.

Great job:pinkiehappy:

Great job on your first outing in a fanfic. This was brillantly written from start to finish

it's a nice attempt,but I think it flanderizes the mane 6 a bit to much

Really dug this one, thumbs up for sure.

Da fuq? Why does this not have more views & faves?

I loved it. You sir write one of the most accurate Pinkie Pies I have ever read.

Also, that knock knock joke is the greatest thing ever.

For putting a very big smile in your face, I'm quite happy to award you this week's installment of my blog's saturday showcase. Ding!

This is amazing, yet I only have one question: why is it under the 'sad' tag?

I really enjoyed this, but I'm kinda annoyed at the whole RD storm thing. I just don't see that happening. Try to tackle a storm by herself out of frustration, sure. Make one over Ponyville to do so, nah.

Everything else though was handled really well, good job for a first work.

How? How did it take me this long to find your fics? This is brilliant, this is art, this is better than almost anything I've seen from this site and even the show. You sir, are the very definition of incredible.

I don't believe that RD would do something so stupid. Yes his dreams were smashed but she would never do something that would possibly harm Ponyville. And it's RD where we talking about, the bearer of the Element of Loyalty. Yes she does stupid things but I would never believe she would do something this stupid.
But the CMC stories are good, even if Scoot's story is less epic than I expected...

Awsome but, I don't get the knock knock jock...

2952446

It's the best knock-knock joke in the world! Here, you start.

2954455 I sat there for a while, and even now I can't think of it.:facehoof:

2956701 You can't tell a knock-knock joke backwards, the "joke" is the I tell you to start telling a knock-knock joke and then it get's to "who's there" and you don't know what to say.

I love this story. Have a like!

Login or register to comment