• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,619 Views, 84 Comments

Son of Change - twow443



A darkness is rising over the horizon as Shade's story continues.

  • ...
7
 84
 1,619

Pssst...

Comments ( 10 )

You little troll....

0_0 troll......

Now that you post this bit my rage is lifted. I do have to say the alternate ending was very well written and completely believable. You definitely had me fooled! XD Well played!

2021496 I am happy now.

I TOLD you! I TOLD you that you needed to have that last scene in there to fool everybody! HA! :ajsmug:

2022031 And it worked VERY well.

Well done. good troll :trollestia:

I had nightmares after reading that! Even my Dashie plushie didn't help! But I'm relieved to hear that wasn't the actual ending.

2125464 Holy shit, I never answered you. Allow me to do that now.

Was killing Null really a neccesary plot device?

Yes, and here is why.

I don't know if you've ready the beginning of Son of Eternity, it explains things a bit better, but here's the main reason she killed Null.

The changeling queens have been passing down power from their own bodies. Because her daughter Misty rejected the magic when she was born, she wasn't able to fully complete the plan until the magic was passed down one more time. All of the changeling queens were cursed to only have one child with their mate, therefore she needed another way to expend her magic that she had received from her mother.

Killing Shade wouldn't have given her the power because Shade isn't her direct child. She influenced his birth, yes, but it was only to serve her own needs. She needed someone as strong in magic as she was so that her next child would overflow with magic. Thus Shade was born, she raped Shade and had his child. She was SUPPOSED to let Null grow up, and he would finish the long plan, but she got greedy and wanted revenge on Shade, so she killed him and stole his magic.

And you're right, killing Shade would still have weakened Celestia, but Chrysalis needed the extra magic to deal with Luna and the Royal Guards.

I hope that answered your question.

3123896 *Bows*

Thank you.

Login or register to comment