• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 410 Views, 2 Comments

Lonely Hearts - Prisoner 24601



Never really fitting in, I was looking forward to my first Hearts and Hooves Day with a Mare I knew I was meant to be with. But, seeing as how life just LOVES me, I didn't quite get what I wanted.

  • ...
2
 2
 410

Me, Black Sheep, and her, Derpy Hooves

Hey. My name is Black Sheep. If you can't tell by my name, I've never really fit in. Shocker, I know. Yeah, I've basically always been alone. I'm 25 right now, and I still don't even have a Marefriend. But that's nothing new. Almost my whole life I've been alone. Never had any friends in school, at work, even in the apartment I lived in. This might not appear as a surprise to you, but I've never really kissed a Mare.

Now, from what I've been saying, you can conclude that I'm a pretty lonely guy. And you may have noticed a word back there: Almost. Almost all my life I've been alone. There was one exception to that rule, and that was the only other mare that I think ever would match me. She was also an outcast. She never had any friends because she was different.

But we'll get to her later on. For now, you should probably know a little more about me. My dad was Deep Pockets. Yeah, that Deep Pockets. The multi-billionaire philanthropist from Manehatten. Impressive, right? I know. I bet you're thinking Wow, this guy must've had it made! Gotten anything he wanted!.

Yeah, no.

No matter how rich my dad was, that doesn't mean he was a good dad. I only saw him twice, and both of those times when I was a baby. I barely even remembered his face, besides seeing it in newspapers all the time. After I was born, he only had so much time on his hooves. He worked 'round the clock for about two years. When he finally got a chance to see us, it was for a weekend before he headed up to Detrot for a new business. After that, he left, and I've never seen him again.

I kind of hate him for what he did. Three years later, my mom called him up to file a divorce. There was a court trial, but I wasn't let in. So from the time I was five to the time I graduated from college, it was just me and Mom. My Mom's name was Rhy White. She was a baker. In specific, a bread baker. She was happy with her job until I came about and started causing problems. Dad couldn't be bothered to help with funds, as rich as he was, and so Mom had to start doing double shifts.

It doesn't make much sense to me, though, how stubborn rich ponies can be. I mean, they've got more money than they know what to do with, yet they feel like going bankrupt when they lose one cent! I mean, I know I have strong opinions, but being in the dark, cold, unnoticed world I called a life, I've had a long time to think, and I may have been a little on the biased. I just really wish that rich ponies were more generous, like that mare Rarity. Anyway, away from my senseless rants, and unto the story you want, that I hate.

Things got a little better when mom and dad got divorced, and she took a small portion of his funds, which to him was torture, and for us was a few hundred thousand more. But we didn't get swelled heads. At least, mom didn't. We didn't move into a new house, or buy new things, or anything cool like that. No, she spent it on food and bills and lame things.

And then, there was her.

The only mare I would ever want to be with.

I walked into a diner when I was young, and I saw this Pegasus filly sitting in the corner looking all sad. She had her family with her, and a newborn foal. They felt sad for her just like she felt sad for herself. And why wouldn't they? She was definitely different. I knew that her dad was the mail carrier, so it was just connecting two and two saying she had disorientation problems. But that wasn't even the worst of it.

The whole time I saw her she was looking down, eyes closed. When she finally opened her eyes, I could definitely see why she should be sad. She was undoubtedly an outcast. She was ridiculed, excluded, the works. She reminded me so much of me. And when those two eyes didn't look at me, it all became obvious. One eye was pointed my direction, but the other was pointed over to her right.

I tried to look the other way, to try and remove myself from her miserable glare, but I just couldn't take my eyes off of those mismatched pupils. When we left, she was still there. I didn't even know her name yet, but I did know one thing: We were one in the same.

And then, there was my first day of school. When I showed up, there were three other foals. Two fillies, and a Colt. I sat down, disregarding my classmates, and secluded myself to the back left corner. It seemed like everypony else had already known each other, and I wasn't exactly popular, if you couldn't already tell. There was one other foal I knew: And I didn't really know her, persay.

And then, of course, she walked in, just then. When else? Of course, the grey mare with the mismatched golden eyes, came in just then, and, of course, she sat right. By. Me.

Oh, how my life just LOVES me.

Although, all in all, it could've gone worse. That day, I realized even deeper than I already knew, that neither her nor I were alone. We were both outcasts, but we at least had other outcasts. At least we had each other. She glanced at me a few times, we talked a bit, but other than that, we just enjoyed the fact that we were the same things.

But that was only the beginning. That was only January.

And when Hearts and Hooves day would eventually come about, I knew I'd be ready.

Little did I know, though. THAT was a big. Effin. Mistake.

Comments ( 2 )

Very nice start to this story and I'd love to see next chapter. But, this story was made last month... I hope you haven't forgotten about this. If you have please message me but for now *Liked and Faved:ajsmug:*

You have my attention. :duck:
You could use an editor, but you are off to a good start here. I will be watching this story.

I bet you're thinking Wow, this guy must've had it made! Gotten anything he wanted!.

*I bet you're thinking: Wow, this guy must've had it made! Gotten anything he wanted!
--Introduce with a colon; it looks better and is correct that way. Alternatively, you could use a comma, but I like the colon here better. And drop the period. Unnecessary and wrong.

I'm 25 right now

*I'm twenty-five right now
--Generally you spell out numbers of two or less words.

Marefriend

Mare

Colt

--Don't capitalize these words; they are not proper nouns.

Almost my whole life I've been alone.

*Almost my whole life, I've been alone.
--Set off weak, introductory clauses with a comma if they are three or more words in length.

I think ever would match me

*I think would ever match me
--Awkward phrasing.

and unto the story you want

*and onto the story you want\
--Incorrect word usage.

We didn't move into a new house, or buy new things, or anything cool like that.

*We didn't move into a new house, buy new things, or anything cool like that.
--Unneeded "or".

She had her family with her, and a newborn foal.

*She had her family and a newborn foal with her.
--Awkward phrasing.

Login or register to comment