• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 5,919 Views, 73 Comments

Who Is Twilight Sparkle? - Running From Time



Memory makes up who a pony is. I used to be a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle. Now? I have no clue.

  • ...
11
 73
 5,919

Epilogue

"...alright..." Huh? Did I just...? I can hear things....

"I'm sure... alright..." That voice sounded a little like...

"Of course she'll be fine, Fluttershy. The doctor said she's fine." But... how can I hear them here?

"I think I just saw her twitch!" Am I alive? My eyelids flickered, and for a second I saw bright light.

"She just blinked!" I finally opened my eyes, adjusting to the light. I sat up a little, and looked at my surroundings. I was in a hospital room, which had five ponies and a dragon inside: my friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Spike. I... I'm not dead! It must have been just a dream.

"Twilight!" "You're awake!" "Oh, Twilight!"

"Everyone!, Oh, I'm so glad I'm here with you!" I gleefully spoke. A lump formed in my throat. It was only a dream! It was just an injury-induced dream! Oh, I'm so happy! It was just a dream! "Oh, I had such a terrible dream! It was about how I thought I discovered something, but it was actually secretly a curse, and it drove me mad, and I was so terrible to you guys, and in the end I committed suicide, but it was all just a dream! Oh, I'm so glad!" Tears streamed down my face. Everyone's face slowly switched from happiness to something like... guilt? "Guys? What... what's wrong?" Fluttershy was the first to speak.

"Twilight... it wasn't just a dream. It... it did happen. But..." Before I could respond or Fluttershy could finish, a new voice spoke up.

"You're cured, Twilight Sparkle. You are no longer afflicted by the spell," said Princess Celestia.

"Yeah, Twilight! Do you have all of your old memories back, too?" rambunctiously asked Pinkie Pie, acting as her usual way.

"Well, assuming that she thought it was all just a dream, I would say yes," added Rarity.

"B-but... If that wasn't a dream, I really did do all of those things! Wh-what do I do now?!" I can't believe it...! Princess Celestia simply smiled.

"You will simply start all over again. Just ask yourself as many times as you think you need to: Who is Twilight Sparkle?"

Author's Note:

So, this is the end.

I probably made some of you angry with that last ending, but it's all good, Twilight is forgiven, and no longer afflicted. Yay, happy ending! I suppose it wasn't the best, and not the most unique story, but I thank you so much for reading the entirety of my first story on Fimfiction!

Comments ( 13 )

Pretty good!

interesting. i await the next chapter.:twilightsmile:

2553927 I'm sorry, I guess I was unclear in the Author's Note. Unfortunately, this is the end of Who is Twilight Sparkle. Sorry for the confusion, I'll make that more clear in the Author's Note. :derpyderp1:

2553955 ...i thought i changed that...not 2 seconds after i clicked "post" i saw that the title of the chapter was epilogue and tried to edit it before i made an idiot out of myself...my bad.:derpyderp2:

i have read from like chapter 4 to the end today. I have been sitting here for like 2 or 3ish hours.

"There are just some things in this world that are not meant to be known."
Twilight found that out the hard way. I really liked this series. Kudos to you.:pinkiehappy:

Oh good I was hoping it wouldn't end with suicide. Good job stearing away from that cliche. :twilightsmile:

Not bad, though I think having a bit more in this last chapter would be good. I thought there should be a part where the recovered Twilight breaks down crying and apologises like mad to everyone, only to find that they forgive her completely.:twilightsmile: Just a thought.

I like this anti-climax, because it's very anti-climactic.
Redundancy's my name, Redundancy's my game.
And this story was very tear jerky too, let's not forget that too. A great tear jerky story. Up until the anti-climax.

The ending could have been done better, but overall the story was good.

3317074

...Except I did this over a couple months ago. I procrastinated. A lot. And that's why I have not written in the past couple months. Because I do low-quality work over long periods of time because I procrastinate.

this made me cry so hard

Login or register to comment