• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 5,919 Views, 73 Comments

Who Is Twilight Sparkle? - Running From Time



Memory makes up who a pony is. I used to be a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle. Now? I have no clue.

  • ...
11
 73
 5,919

Chapter Nine

I suppose I am right where I started. Or rather, almost ended. Back at the top of a cliff. Perhaps I am back here because I was not creative enough, or I just feel compelled to from my memories. To this point, I truly remember little. I only recall what I relived in my sleep. Perhaps it is too early. Or, more likely, it is too late. My life should have ended from the moment I hit the ground the first time. How much truly is left for me?

I have destroyed every relationship I've ever cared for. My friends, my family, and my teacher, the Princess. Spike now fears me; I do not blame him for feeling that way after how I have treated him. What now is left for me? How else would I cure myself of this curse I brought upon myself?

I stare off at the scenery before me; a giant drop, showing trees far down at the other end, and the already setting sun beginning to turn the sky a fiery red. I sit on my rump and close my eyes.

Maybe... maybe this is a bit too soon. I... Maybe ending my life like this is unnecessary. Perhaps... perhaps Princess Celestia has a cure, and I could return to her, and she would help! Or maybe it is the power of friendship that could save me, as what my old letters all said! However, I shook my head in a mix of despair and determination. If Celestia had a cure, she would have used that in the stead of sending me to an asylum, and my friends would surely have interacted with me more often if I could truly be cured by the "power of friendship". No, this is truly past anything curable. There is nothing left but delusions and frustration.

No. I put my hooves to my face. "No," I said aloud. "Death... death isn't the answer!" I removed my hooves from my face and shot up, wandering away from the cliff. "It's obvious there is a cure. There has to be a cure! Bah, I'm sure Celstia has it somewhere!" I tensed up and my expression switched again to a snarl. "Celestia... Of course she would have it somewhere, The 'Powerful and Mighty' Celestia! Hah! She probably knows it well, but refuses to use it on me for her own personal amusement!" I spat, progressively getting louder, before I truly realized the words that shot from my mouth. I sighed and once again sat down. Another one.

This is why I must end all of this. I have hurt some, perhaps even very deeply. Now it is my turn to remove myself from their lives. I slowly sat up and inched back towards the cliff. This is why I must end it all. I slid my hooves to the very edge, kicking off a few pebbles along with it. Yes, this is my-

"TWILIGHT!" Several voices shouted, causing me to flinch, I turned around, only to see the very people I left behind. Rushing towards me were Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and even Spike. These... these are my friends, the very friends I betrayed and scorned! Why have they returned to me?!

"TWILIGHT! Don't do it! There's so much left for you!" Applejack shouted. Tears fell from my eyes, as I began to sob uncontrollably. Why are my friends back, after I had treated them?! I shook my head.

"B-but... there isn't. I have done so much I regret..." I stepped backwards in the midst of my sobbing. Unfortunately, my hoof reached no solid ground.

I fell backwards, my tears flying through the air. My friends shouted my name louder and louder, as Rainbow Dash dove down the cliff. I fell faster, she flew faster. But just seconds before she reached me, I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head, and it all went black.

Author's Note:

You know, that chapter was really short. Doesn't really seem fit for an ending, IS IT?!







It isn't. Don't worry, I know how bad that would be. There's one more, which is kind of an Epilogue of sorts.