• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 5,919 Views, 73 Comments

Who Is Twilight Sparkle? - Running From Time



Memory makes up who a pony is. I used to be a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle. Now? I have no clue.

  • ...
11
 73
 5,919

Chapter Seven

I shivered as I lay there, on the cold, hard dirt, in the Everfree Forest. I sobbed silently to myself as I relived that moment over and over again in my head, every time doubling my regret.

"I'm not insane!" I screamed with every fiber of my body. Everybody flinched, including the Princess. She even backed up a few steps. In her face, did I see... fear? Even the Almighty Princess Celestia fears me! How... how could she?! How could any of them do this to me?! I stood up, ignoring any headaches I received in the process.

"How could you?!" I shouted, my eyes wide with anger. "How could you think I am insane?! You know what?!" I paused for a response. Rainbow tried to stop me.

"Twilight! Stop this! You're not like this!" she yelled at me, as I struggled to get free.

"You can't do this to me! YOU CAN'T!" I kicked Rainbow in the face, but then Applejack tried to hold me down. Princess Untrustworthy tried to get some people to help her. She called her guards that she so happened to bring. "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIENDS!" The guards came in, but it was too late. I started to teleport, as I had relearned not too long ago. Applejack backed away, afraid to find what magic I was using. Spike tried to come forth, to stop me, but Rarity held onto him.

"Twilight! Why are you doing this to us again?!" he shouted in despair. Just before I disappeared, I gave him a snarl.

"Me?! I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

It echoed over and over in my head.

"I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

"Why are you doing this to us again?!"

"Why are you doing this to us, Twilght?!"

"Haven't you done enough the first time?!"

"I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

"No, Twilight, you've let us down. You've let us all down. You've betrayed us all, your very own friends."

"I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

"Why couldn't we just have the normal Twilight?"

"I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

"Why are you here instead?"

"I'M NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!"

"Of course, you're the problem, 'Twilight'. Why else would we try to send you to an asylum?"

...Why? Why did this happen?

I betrayed my friends. I practically spit in their faces. Not only did I betray my friends, I yelled at our very own Princess Celestia. They had only been kind to me, and I was acting in unnecessary and unreasonable hatred. Why did this happen in the first place? Why did I have to lose my memories in the first place? What made me decide to hop off a cliff? Did that mess with my mind? What is making me so spiteful? Why do I feel from the dark pit in my soul distrust for the ones I loved? Why?

The fur on my face was wet and messy with tears and dirt. I curled up in a ball and held on to myself. I treated them all so horribly. I thought not of their side, and what their say was in the problem. I had no empathy for my friends. I judged them based on my own tainted thoughts and ideas. What am I going to do? What will they do to me if I return? Will I be imprisoned? Will I be scorned? Will I be banished? Will I be executed? Who knows what that Celestia will do?

She doesn't care for me. She doesn't trust me. She hides lies and tyranny behind her royal crown. She took my friends from me... No! I ceased my sniveling and shaking. I relaxed my limbs from the curled up position. I will not be fooled by their trickery! My face twisted into a frown of hatred and fury. Those witches were never my friends! No, they just acted as if they were! Why, who would want to be a friend of "that insane unicorn"? I stepped up on my hooves and began to pace back and forth, an expression of loathing plastered on my face. I never should have trusted any single one of them. None of them were ever my friends! What "friend" would send you off to an ASYLUM?! Who ever WAS on my side?!

My family refused to visit me, using the excuse of "being busy". My own "friends" were too afraid to consistently TALK to me; once I was out of the hospital, they avoided me like the plague. And of course Princess Important had no time to visit her very own student. I had learned my own memories from them, thus they had no requirement to simply interact with me. No one ever was on my "side". Not a single person cared about my "side". Not my parents, not my brother, not my "friends", not Celestia! Why would our "powerful" and "majestic" ruler care about some little unicorn mare? "Oh, that student of mine is having emotional issues? Send her to the asylum," she would say, with a nonchalant wave of her hoof. Princess Celestia is a monster beyond all. Hate almost oozed out of my expression, my teeth grinding, my hooves pacing, and my eyes narrowed.

However, realization crashed over me like a tidal wave. My thoughts of despise and loathing do me no good! What am I becoming?! Why am I acting like this?! They're not bad! Tears poured down my face and my expression switched from hatred to sorrow, my lower lip trembling among my tears. This...

This is why I am being sent to an asylum.

Author's Note:

Alright, it has been AGES since I last released something. Therefore I will try to do something about the monstrosity we call procrastination. I'm going to work on these a hay of a lot more than once a month, and I promise to try to make them good and not rushed. Thanks for reading!