• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 919 Views, 3 Comments

I am no hero - CeresBane



A hero of Equestria is a tragic thing to be.

  • ...
2
 3
 919

The one with all the answers

When Shining Armour came to the hedge maze to investigate the guards he had not stationed there he had found them missing. Or more likely non-existent. Thinking about it more deeply that Silver pony was no one who was invited to this exclusive ball. Nobles, friends and family of the staff and even a few ambassadors and royal friends were the ones invited to this event. And as captain of the royal guard, he'd met a good number of the names in the list before.

Did he just let an intruder walk right by him at the castle? Were his own royal guard just as incompetent?

Taking a moment to think he leaned to make himself comfortable. Suffice to say he leaned on nothing and his whole body fell to his side.

--

Now that he had pierced the perimeter Silver headed straight for the throne room. Celestia had to be warned of the return of Snow White. A changeling plot was coming into fruition. it was true that he had no proof or intel in regards to it. But a pony look alike of Snow White does not merely appear and journey from the badlands to Canterlot without a purpose. There was no summons, or invitation, nor was she a likeness that belonged in the badlands. She didn't physically feed for days and moved towards Canterlot with relentless purpose.

He was close now, the doors were right in front of him as he galloped. Silver stopped short. This was the moment of truth. When he opened this door, he would either be able to say his piece or die before he could.

"Discord's statue is gone!?" Celestia said aghast. Silver's ear pricked up to that and decided to put his ear to the door.

"Yes. I have put the guards on alert for a silver pony. They have orders to capture him alive and to be brought in for information. I request that for security reasons that this event be cancelled." Shining armour said in a manner of a true captain of the guard.

"A Silver pony. Cancelling the event is not an option. if my guess is correct, the cancellation of this event would scare him off and we'd have no intel on his plot." Celestia voice had lost any source of kindness. There was a ruthless tone to it that left the captain bewildered.

"His plot... your highness?" Why would Silver point out Discord's statue missing if that seemed so central to the whole thing? Wouldn't it have been to his greater advantage if the release of Discord was a fact hidden away?

"Captain. We continue with the event, keep your guard on the look out for this silver pony. And they have my permission to kill him on the spot." Celestia was not looking at him. Instead faced one of the grand windows and opened it, letting the gust pick up the piles of paperwork fly everywhere. Such trivial things were not of her concern anymore. With her piece said, she flew off. In search of this silver pony.

"..." This silver pony had the answers to all this. Shining armour had to find him, himself if he wanted any answers to so many new unanswered questions.

Meanwhile at the door Silver stood paralysed. The whole castle was after him and most of it was after his head. He turned from the door and walked away. Beside him an ebony pony of midnight blue passed him by, floating a piece of confectionery in her horn's magical grasp.

"I need to find Snow White... and fast..." Silver mumbled absent-mindedly.

"Didst thou say... Snow White?" Luna stopped short of the door. She had already applied the force to push the door open as it swung open ever so slowly. Shining armour turned to look at the door while Luna turned to look at the pony behind her.

"Princess Luna! Capture him!" Shining Armour shouted at the top of his lungs as he spotted the very person he was looking for. Instantly Luna fully focused her magic to fire off a shot of lightning. Just enough power to sting, but not harm. But most importantly mobilise.

Before her eyes, she watched as the magic fizzled into nothing as it tried to claim the target it was directed. Luna had intended to instantly reach out with her telekenisis and had done so long before the lightning she cast vanished.

As if the feeling in her hooves going numb, her magic reach vanished as it neared to touch the silver pony. Silver took no time messing around. He galloped off the first chance he got.

"Wait, please tell me of this Snow White!" Luna galloped after him with Shining Armour behind her.

Luna had heard that name before. But whenever she asked Celestia about her, she would look hurt and overcome with overwhelming sorrow. After that Luna would lose her will and tell her sister to forget she ever asked.

--

Silver could hear him galloping all over the castle. That captain of the royal guard had found something very important and was rushing around to find answers. In an ideal situation he'd meet up with the captain and collaborate, he after all, needed that information the captain had. However, if he made his presence known to the guard, that fact would eventually be known to Celestia. That had to be avoided at all costs.

Dashing around servant halls and the various archives. he managed to find himself farther and farther away from trouble. After all, training would dictate that a spy would hide in plain sight. And it was a guard's job to keep security a rather private unseen business, as to not offend clients. Such a scene in plain view would only impress upon everyone that the security in the event had its failings, which would reflect poorly on later events, encouraging braver actions. So a good spy would be where the information is and where all eyes would protect him from harm.

As such he moved where the guard would not want think him to be. Hidden away in places no one goes. Plus the farther away from ponies he is. The farther he is from Celestia (hopefully).

"You're a new face." A voice said as he slammed the door to the Starswirl the bearded archives. It was a mare's voice. His blood ran cold.

He had no words to reply and fleeing so openly would merely alert the fact that he didn't belong there.

"I know everyone that's coming tonight and I've never seen your face before." The voice gave way to a young alicorn princess. Her face so sweet and innocent. Instinctively it had him ready for a fight and she instantly felt that intent in him. But he felt no hostility coming from her and he relaxed.

"I guess I'm an intruder who just got lost." When in doubt play a bluff. His wry smile was met with a giggle.

"Who are you?" Up close the pink mare was a fair bit taller than him. He lost myself in her eyes, just so he could have her be lost in his.

"Just a friend of a friend." He pushed the door open, ready to leave with just that.

"The only ones I don't know are my aunt's friends. Do you want to celebrate hearts and hooves with us?" I didn't lose contact with her eyes for an instant. I could sense mischief at play. She wanted me to have me to meet with Luna and Celestia, to clarify her guess.

"I don't need an invitation princess. I already invited myself in. I stake my honour on this promise that I won't be here to cause anyone any trouble. So please... let me and Celestia deal with this private, personal matter." He bowed in the ancient Canterlot manner. She recognised it and that seemed to have satisfied her curiosity.

And with that he left her to whatever task she was up to.

--

The whole of Canterlot was a hum of activity as dignitaries from all over Equestria gathered. The ponies of harmony came with the same goal as everyone around them. To find their special somepony.

ucfgjhvhv kuhgkgnknh break time.... oh god... elaborate rule the world plots hurt mah head.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment