• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,084 Views, 17 Comments

Princess Luna in the Crystal Empire - arglefumph



Princess Luna decides to go to the Crystal Empire and aid Twilight Sparkle in defeating King Sombra.

  • ...
1
 17
 2,084

Chapter 4

The Crystal Fair went relatively smoothly after that, until Cadance's magic began to fade.

That was when things went bad, very quickly. Even Luna couldn't keep the crystal ponies away from the tower base when Sombra's shadows overtook the empire. When Sombra's physical body reformed, Luna wasn't exactly frightened--she thought Sombra was scarier a thousand years ago, when he could actually talk--but she still felt a small sense of dread at the sight of the fanged unicorn.

"He's going to enslave us all!" shouted one pony.

"We're doomed!" shouted another.

Luna quickly glanced around; nowhere could she see Twilight Sparkle or any of the others. Luna decided it was too late to wait for them; it was time for Luna to use her goddess-like powers to save everypony.

"Do not fear, my ponies!" Luna said, stepping forward. "I shall protect you!"

She bent her knees, preparing to spring upwards and fly at Sombra. At that exact moment, a few things happened all within a span of a few seconds.

First, Spike the Dragon accidentally dropped the Crystal Heart. Both Spike and the heart plummeted towards the ground.

Second, Shining Armor picked up his wife and threw her at Sombra. He would later admit to Luna that he panicked and had no idea what else to do. She recommended a good marriage therapist.

Third, Cadance managed to grab the Crystal Heart, which instantly revitalized her and stopped Sombra dead in his tracks. She also caught Spike on her back, in midair, which was a rather impressive feat.

Luna and all the other ponies standing on the ground under the tower could not see any of this, however. From their perspective, all they could see was Princess Cadance flying in with the Crystal Heart above her horn. Cadance said a few heroic lines before placing the heart back into its rightful spot.

The Crystal Heart did its job, reflecting the light and love of the Crystal Ponies. Polychromatic hues radiated across the entire sky and all over Equestria. Cadance, Luna, and everypony else within the Crystal Empire's borders became instantly crystallized, whereas the shadowy Sombra burst into pieces and disappeared for good.

The crystal ponies, now with their memories fully returned, cheered loudly. They insisted on making Princess Cadance their new ruler, in place of Sombra.

At first, Cadance tried to decline the role of Crystal Princess, saying that she could not handle the title of "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Ruler of the Crystal Empire". After a while, Luna was able to convince Cadance to accept the position. After all of her hard work, not to mention all she had suffered through, Cadance deserved to become a princess with a kingdom.


The next day, the Royal Sisters were reunited at Canterlot Castle. Both Luna and Celestia apologized to each other for their actions a few days earlier, and they shared a hug.

As the two of them gathered on the balcony to see Twilight and her Ponyville friends leave, Luna softly sang along to the their tune:

Turns out you were...
Turns out I was...
Turns out you were...
Turns out I was...
Turns out you were prepared for this!

"Why, Luna, that was lovely!" Princess Celestia said.

"Thank you," Luna said. "Cadance gave me some singing tips. She is such a wonderful pony; I am very glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with her."

"I am glad, too," Celestia said. "It sounds like everything worked out for the best."

The two princesses smiled as the Friendship Express took the six singing mares back to Ponyville. Luna took out a black book with a decorated cover, and she was about to open it, when Celestia asked, "What is that book, Sister?"

"Oh, this?" Luna asked, quickly putting her book away. "It's nothing important."


Fifteen minutes later, in the privacy of her own room, Luna took out the book again. She grabbed a pen and started scribbling inside.

Princess Luna's Shipping Journal

I believe Rarity has feelings for Twilight Sparkle. Today, Rarity sang a song about how much she appreciates her friend, causing the younger unicorn to blush. She even slipped her hoof on top of Twilight's, as they rode off into the sunset.

The problem is that earlier that day, Applejack complimented Rarity's good looks. Rarity took the compliment (and the saucy wink that came with it) in stride. Possible love triangle? Will investigate further.

Either way, I am confident that Twilight Sparkle's first love shall be revealed soon. She cannot hide from her feelings forever!

"Yes," Princess Luna said to herself. "This year, one mare will discover her true destiny. I can't wait!"

Comments ( 4 )

This was a very cute undertaking for Princess Luna. I'm not sure how I'm taking this however. Despite what I said in my review for CH1, I did expect less humor and for Luna to play a much larger role than this, being a cheerleader for the mane6. Regardless, this was a well written piece and quite enjoyable.:raritywink:

Huh.

After you revealed that Sombra had been Luna's student in the past, I was hoping for a bit more interaction.... oh well.

1647941 I actually think this was a pleasant direction to take because, especially after The Fall of the Crystal Empire, I'm sure there are plenty of darker and more serious fics about Luna and Sombra's "relationship". I personally found it a bit refreshing to find a short, lighter-hearted story about Luna feeling cast aside by her sister, only to realize that they were both at fault with their decisions. :twilightsmile:

Short and sweet little read

Login or register to comment