• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,956 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,956

PreviousChapters Next
Time for a musical number!

Hey, sorry to bug you (PUN INTENDED), but we have a situation. Twilight has been shot, except not really.

Let me explain. No, there is too much to explain, let me sum up.

Discord split Twilight in two, so now there are two Twilights in the world. The Twilight that was shot has her magic, but not her memories, and is currently hospitalized. The Twilight that we haven't found has her mind, but not her power, and us elements will be on the lookout for her. The princesses are missing, but I was able to contact Luna last night, with a tin foil hat because I'm Pinkie Freaking Pie. She's going to calm down Tara's family while looking for Luna.

What does any of this have to do with you? I'm really sorry that I have to order you to do this, but here's the three-part plan: You get to New York. You convince the federal authorities to let you impersonate Twilight. You use all the love you get as Twilight Sparkle to power healing spells on the Twilight in bed.

Remember: The hive serves the swarm, the swarm serves the queen, the queen serves the hive. The changelings on earth may be few and far between, but in the long run keeping the bronies running will help the changelings.

Also, say hi to the Cakes for me. Even if they're not the Cakes yet. Also also, lookit! Halloween costumes! Also also also, if you see AJ tell her my brother is now her sister, AND RECORD THE REACTION.

I giggled to myself as I sent the facebook message off to Chryssy. Was I still worried about Twilight? Yes. All my yes. But if I let myself simply worry and worry and worry and WORRYWORRYWORRYWORRY I'd probably snap and go Cupcakes on everypony. Everybody. Whatever.

Surprisingly enough, my delay at the hotel doors had an unintended consequence. Erishy apparently ponied up, because she was the first one to dive into the crowd of reporters like a BAWS (as the internet would later remind everyone). I, being the chivalrous pony I was, was quick to catch up and ensure she didn't have to endure the slings and arrows of popularity on her own! Also pretty much everyone else in the group caught up, it was like only a yard of a lead after all.

“Soooo." I shrugged. "Here we are, in the middle of a crowd of reporters and--”

And then the storm swallowed us.

“WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE PRINCESSES?” "Are you in a sexual relationship? "Have you considered what impact this will have on the religious scene?" “Do you think that the purple unicorn is dead?” "I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!" "Do you consider doorknobs racist?" “How do you intend to repair the damage to the calendar?" "NO SERIOUSLY! SPARE UTERUS HERE!" "Somebody get her out of here... "Do you intend to make musical numbers a legal obligation?" “Are you intending to take your fans to Equestria?” "BUT PINKIE IS MY WAIFU! "Come on Sarah... sorry about her..."

I winced as I realized neither Pinkie or I had any decent mental filter for all the shouts and cries going through the air. Good God, Fluttershy had to endure THIS as a model? Even a fraction of this would be painful! I'd only dealt with fans before, reporters were a heck of a different beast...

“All questions will be answered later!” Ian shouted. With the wisdom of news crews everywhere, he was ignored due to his youthful status.

Fortunately for everypony, the pegasus of the group put her experience on the stage to good use. She turned around, cowing the crowd with her stern glare. “Unfortunately, due to some scheduling difficulties, we are unable to take the time to answer your questions at this moment, however we will be holding a press conference in another city, and details will be released shortly.”

Even that, however, was not enough to completely eliminate the lust for events in their eyes. I could see the hungry way they clutched their cameras and their mikes; they were being PAID for a story, and they weren't going to leave until they got one.

I suddenly got a very evil idea.

”But I do have a statement I’d like to make!"

Erishy gave me an odd look. I winked. "Just follow my lead...”

Right. Showtime.

“Boys and girls of every age.....” A sly grin formed on my face as I let my voice modulate up and down. “....wouldn’t you like to see something strange?"

With a nervous glance at me, Erishy joined in.“Come with us, and you will see, this our town of Halloween!”

“Really?” Ian deadpanned.

“This is Halloween, this is Halloween!" Linda stepped forward to join our sillyness. "Pumpkins scream in the dead of night!”

“This is Halloween! EVERYBODY MAKE A SCENE!”

Gilda apparently wanted to join in, as she appeared out of nowhere and started shoving the reporters aside. Erishy gasped at her impropriety; it was reasonable, given she could ruin the whole thing by alienating the audience! I quickly performed an acrobatic flarking pirouette to get a handle on the situation and alighted on the griffon's back. “Trick or treat, till the neighbors come and die of fright!” Of course, she was rather surprised and startled and annoyed but THANKFULLY she had the good taste not to do anything.

“It's our town, everybody scream!" Julien cried. "In this town of Halloween...”

“I am the one hiding under your bed!" I sang. baring my false fang. "Teeth ground sharp, and eyes glowing RED!”

“I am the one hiding under your s... stairs!" Erishy kept herself in character, even as she trembled away from the smirking Gilda. "Feathers like snakes and spiders in my hair!”

“This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!” The cosplayers were pretty decent as a chorus--

“In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song!” And Julien made a decent duet with my brother!

Of course my brother was a pro at this, almost everyone in the Priddy Clan is, but the guard singing with a little filly had a great impact on the viewing crowd. There was much daawing and a few giggles and I belatedly realized that it might have been hard on Ian to be treated like a little girl so I hopped quickly to the next verse.

“In this town, don't we love it now?" I jumped next to Erishy with a twirl. "Everybody's waiting for the next surprise!”

She jumped a little, before realizing what had happened and slipping in closer. ”Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can, Something's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll--”

“Scream!"

Oh that certainly got a rise out of her.

"This is Halloween," the cosplayers and my brother continued, "Red 'n' black, slimy green!"

“Aren't you scared?” Gilda inquired of the reporters.

“Well, that's just fine!” Linda leapt into the air, spiraling in a display of her master over the currents of the wind. “Say it once, say it twice, take a chance and roll the dice! Ride with the moon in the dead of night!”

“Everybody scream!" Harold bellowed. "Everybody scream!”

“In our town of Halloween!” Ginny sung, pulling him into a waltz.

“This is Halloween, this is Halloween!" The joys of unanimous singing! "Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!”

Ian hopped on top of Julien's head. “Tender lumplings everywhere, life's no fun without a good scare.”

I grinned. “That's our job--”

“--but we're not mean!” Erishy reassured quickly.

“In our town of Halloween...”

Wow, we sounded really good harmonizing with each other. I briefly considered grabbing Shy right there and nonono bad thoughts bad thoughts!

Thankfully Julien was able to pick up the thread before it was lost. “In this town, don't we love it now? Everybody's waiting for the next surprise!”

Griffon and Alicorn performed ariel dance, singing together in creepy harmony. “This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!”

“In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song."

And with Ian's line, the two flyers landed on either side of the unicorn. As we chanted the final Lalala chorus, Erishy and I jumped between them, balancing on two backs each; Ian was placed on top of us by Jackie herself. By the time we hit the final note, there was a perfect pony pyramid.

For a moment there was stillness.

Then, as one, the crowd began to clap. Reporter, passerby, and Sarah alike were so amazed and amused by our impromptu performance that they felt the incessant need to bang their palm together and make microexplosions. Erishy took the moment to grab Ian and put him gently on the ground.

I figured this would be a perfect time to announce our plans. “Oh, and also, we’ve decided to go around this city and ask for candy while wearing funny costumes. Is that alright with everyone?”

“Hell no." Gilda stepped aside and let me fall to the ground. "Let’s talk.”

“Um..." Erishy glanced between griffon and crowd, quickly raising a placating hoof. "So yes, we will be trick or treating, thank you everyone!”

With an deficiency born of years of herding various species, she swiftly guided all of us to the small region of the parking lot where our vehicles were resting. Once we were all together, she turned on Gilda with a simmering glare. “So... You said you got shot in that message.”

Wait what?

“I did. I got better.” The griffon crossed her arms and gave her a smug smile. “Why? You worried, Flutters?” Erishy didn't really have an answer, averting her face with a light blush.

Julien gave Gilda a flat look. “Why are you here? You should be headed to New York with everyone else, or headed somewhere else instead of coming here to antagonize Erica.”

“Hey, what?" I interrupted, stepping forward and pushing him back. "She got shot? Wait wait wait, sorry, back up here. When did this happen?!”

“Doesn’t matter. I can’t exactly let you get to New York, you see.” Gilda glanced off, somewhat out of it. “Pretty obvious trap.”

She had a point. Putting all of us in one place would make us easy prey. “Yes. I get it. Dissy’s playing a fun game...." On the other hoof, we needed to get the Elements together. "You got any better ideas?”

“It does matter!" Erishy insisted. "When did you get shot? Because if it was when you sent that message, it was only two days ago or so.”

Gilda's gaze snapped back in shock. “Only two days? Felt a whole lot longer than that, Shy. ‘Sides, I had it treated. Found a friendly ranger...” She shook her head at that lousy excuse. “Really, it doesn’t matter anymore.”

So let's recap. Two days ago she was shot, then she found a ranger, then she was healed and came here healthy enough to participate in a dance number and wanted us to stop our journey? “Uh huh." I didn't buy it for a second, but it would be better to play along and keep her in sight. "Alright, you can play tough girl for a little while longer, but if you start hurting from your obviously makeshift healing... whatever, you tell us or I get to bop you on the head. Welcome to the caravan by the way!”

She stared at me in confusion. “...Caravan? The...”

“We have three cars and three drivers," Harold explained. "Well, four if you can drive.”

Ian sighed. “Ah was one of tha drivers... till this mornen.”

Hey Reid, you smell that?

I sniffed the air. Huh, yeah. What the heck is--

“...What’s a car?”

We all stared at the griffon currently leaning against a 2011 Toyota Sienna in disbelief.

I was the first to connect the dots. “....where’s your human?”

“A car is one of these," Erishy added, patting the van with a hoof. "A cart that moves when you press a pedal. But really, what happened to your human half? We all had to go through it, no need to be embarrassed, Gilda.”

Gilda growled, offended that she was being accused of being weak, even if it was only by implication. “I’m not embarrassed. I have no idea where the hell he is.” She shifted from paw to paw awkwardly. “Where the hell is that ungrateful shard monger...”

“That can’t be good..." I muttered. "A mind just deleting itself....” Severe issues would have to be present, or possibly magical influence.

“Yeeeeeah,” Ginny agreed, rubbing her neck. Linda simply continued staring.

“Wait, just a second." Julien tilted his head. "There was a human mind there, and now it is gone?"

Gilda shrugged. “Look, he just hasn’t done anything in a few hours. I’m sure he’s just sulking or something. He does that.” Ian had to facehoof at her simple lack of care for something that essential.

That mysterious scent caught my attention again. Something about it seemed off... and I hadn't smelled it around here before Gilda came so--

Wait. Gilda. Female griffon....

“....you’re in heat aren’t you,” I said without thinking.

At my comment, Ian, Erishy, and Julian combined forced to do the rare QUADRUPLE FACEHOOF COMBO, complete with light blush on the pegasus's face. Gilda gave me a burning glare. “Shut up. Really. You gotta tell everyone here that? Dweeb, maybe I DIDN’T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW?”

I desperately tried to think of a way to salvage the situation.

Then I realized that was pretty much impossible. “Actually, on second thought, nothing I could say could fix this situation, so I’m wiping the last half minute from my memory. Let’s go trick or treating!” Pulling a pumpkin-shaped basket out of nowhere, I skipped off merrily as though nothing strange had happened.

As soon as I was out of sight, Pinkie pressed ourself against the ground and crawled under a car. "Okay, Reid, what are we going to do about her?"

"Why are we under a car?"

"Because nobody ever looks under cars! I mean it's kind of stinky down here so I can see why but that's not the point! What are we going to do about GIlda?"

I rolled my eyes. "Look, obviously Discord is taking advantage of her heat cycle and recent injury to trick her into doing something."

"Aha! So you think Discord's behind this too!"

"Well duh. Two days to heal from a bullet wound? Not happening."

"Oh.... that's a lot better then what I was thinking, which was that Discord thought we thought she was a pinata and we'd open her up for candy and get ourselves arrested."

I blinked. "...Pinkie I am in your HEAD and I can tell you I did not follow that train of logic."

"It wasn't a well railed train," the pony admitted sheepishly. "I was kinda distracted by the... smell."

"Ah, yeah... that."

We blushed and fidgeted a bit.

Eventually Pinkie shook her head. "That's beside the point. Discord wants her to do something... what is it?"

"Good question. But the real question is, if she realized what he wanted, would she do it?" I tapped my hoof on the ground. "I'm thinking that she's been convinced what she's doing is right, to protect us. Still, we can't stop her from doing it if we aren't around or we don't know what it is. I say we treat her like a friend and hope she eventually decides we're being nice enough that she doesn't want to do what Dissy is trying to get her to do."

"Hmmm. Surprisingly cunning and underhanded, yet entirely in character for me.... I like. I like it a lot."

"Good. Now can we PLEASE get out from under the car?"

"Alright, alright! You're a really fussy mcfusserson, fussypants!"

We emerged from the undercarriage, our costume thankfully undamaged. Just as I was about to head back, however, Pinkie hijacked my body again and jumped into the cosplayer van, picking up some rather large plastic bags before bounding back to the group with a wild smirk. “I just realized none of you have loot bags!” She began to pass bags out to everypony.

“Thank you.” Julien spared us a smile as he passed Linda a container for her candy. Something seemed different about her, but I couldn't quite place it.

Gilda fave us a frustrated snort, but took hers without objection. “Alright.”

Once everybody had a bag, I glanced around to do a headcount. “Right.” One tow three four five six... wait. “ERISHY! IAN! Aren’t you guys coming with us?”

“...where did you even get these?” Jacki opened the bag curiously.

I shrugged. “From your trunk.” Honesty was the best policy after all.

“Well, let’s go!" Julien marched off with an energetic smirk. "You can figure out your internal existential crisis while we are on the move Gilda, this is a military operation. No rest for the weak!”

“Gather as much candy as possible and... er..." A horrible thought entered my mind as I looked from Griffon to Unicorn. "Try not to grab onto Shiney too much. His wife’s right there.”

Linda sighed as she walked up next to Julien, rolling her eyes at me “Pinkie...”

“...How did I get into this mess of lunatics...” Gilda muttered.

“It must have been fate!” I cried with a false swoon. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ian on Erishy's back, the two of them joining the rest of us as we walked into the town proper. Yes, there was a lot of crazy stuff going on... but right now, it was time to indulge in our more childish urges to play dress up and eat loads of sugar.

PreviousChapters Next