• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,940 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,940

PreviousChapters Next
Fandom's Nature

"So, that went well." The camera lady flicked her phone off and pocketed it. "Got about a million views already, I’ll slap an ad on the page and pay for my rent for a year."

"What, only a million?" I quipped.

"Most views come after the recording goes up and word spreads, you got a million views in the space of roughly 15 minutes." She shook her head. "That is insane, with no prior announcement except my facebook post."

"Age of the internet," I explained casually. "Half the phones in this building are following us." My eyes darted over to the other lady, who was standing absolutely still. "Your friend seems to be catatonic."

Speaking of the internet....

I turned to my pegasus companion with an awkward smile. "Shy? You okay? The whole internet thing isn’t getting to you is it?"

She pointed a hoof behind me. "That scares me more. But yes, I will probably curl up and whimper in the shower when we get to the hotel."

I took a moment to turn around. Yep, that lady was still there. Well... how should I handle this....?

I reached out a forehoof. "Boop." That dealt with, I turned back to Erishy. "If it makes you feel any better... um... they aren’t you know, judging you when they’re watching. They’re actually just making sure you’re okay."

"I know, I know." She sighed, quivering a bit. "I just have to get used to people... watching me. I freaked out for a good day in Erica’s head without her knowing when I found out I was on a show watched by millions already."

"I think we’ve hit the billion mark..." I mused. "Not sure. Point is, people here don’t watch in the same way that..." I waved my hoof vaguely before giving up. "I’m not being very comforting am I."

"Not really..." Erishy glanced behind me again. "She’s still staring at you."

As if to confirm her observation, I felt a hand begin to run through my mane. The lady's companion facepalmed quietly.

"And? I mean, there’s this cat that wanders into my backyard a lot, and he doesn’t mind the attention. Except when it interferes with him hunting." I looked back at my adoring fan. "So out of curiosity, how far are you going with this mane thing?"

The answer came in the form of a sudden hug, her face burying into my mane. I'd long ago come to terms with the fact that I was cute and cuddly now, so I could handle a little attention.

"Eep!" Fluttershy jumped back a bit.

"Ok, come on Sara, enough of killing the pony," admonished the lady's companion.

"Hey, I had a kid try to ride me," I reassured her. "This is cool, so long as she keeps it platonic and PG."

"Ponies are the superior race, let me be your willing slave," whispered Sara. "I would do anything for you, be everything for you, lay myself bare for your enjoyment..."

Okay that had just crossed the line from cuddling to No-go.

Abort mission! Pinkie ran around in my head as sirens went off. Warning: major cootie alert! Strategic retreat!

I smiled awkwardly, trying to let her down gently. "...sorry, I’m asexual."

"Yeeeah I'm not going to allow her to completely ruin your night." The other lady grabbed Sara, pulling her off and dragging her away.

"Nice meeting you though!" I said as I waved farewell. "Don’t give up hope! The right pony is out there somewhere! Back me up here Shy," I added out of the corner of my mouth.

"I will watch you from the shadows, pink mistress!" Sara promised.

"Take medicine!" Erishy replied.

I facehooved. "Not what I meant by backing me up."

"You will find your soulmate if you stop scaring them off!" the pegasus reassured.

I turned to her in exasperation as the two vanished from our field of vision. "No, see, you have to redirect the urge, not try to eliminate it."

"We didn’t even get the nice one's name, did we?"

"Marian, madam librarian. That’s my guess." I shrugged. "We can ask her on her youtube account later."

"Should I go shower before dinner?" Erishy took the moment to check her odor. "I.... I smell like pine needles... what the hay, I never noticed that before!"

"I smell like," I took a sniff, "sweat. Weird. Um... maybe it’s.... I got nothing."

"Smell me!" the pegasus demanded, sticking out her hoof. In my peripheral vision, I saw a number of phones pop out and knew with a sinking feeling that Smell Me was going to become an instant meme. Still, I took the time to cautiously take a whiff of the yellow hoof.

"Hmmm. I dunno, it’s more of a ginger then a pine."

"So weeeeiird..... Anyway I am starving."

Erishy started walking the short distance from the arcade to the buffet restaurant. I followed, considering the upcoming meal with some anticipation. "I wonder how much I can pack away?"

"Judging by your Pinkie nature, I think we might get kicked out. Pinkie looks so weird with pants on, by the way."

"You keep using that word," I commented in a spanish accent. "I do not think it means what you think it means."

"Weird, unusual, not ordinary." Erishy gave me an amused smile. "You were such a troll before becoming a pony, weren't you?"

"I beg your pardon! Trolls seek out provocation for the sake of provocation. I did no such thing. I was more of a... detail oriented individual. Still am."

"Then you look silly." At that point we had arrived at the restaurant, so the pegasus turned to the host with a small smile. "Table for two please."

"Well of course I look silly. Can we up this table to eight please, the rest of our party isn’t here." The bemused man complied, leading us to a corner booth with a round table. "I’m a pink pony with helium for a voice. Silly is something I can’t avoid. But this way, I make silly look good."

Erishy sighed at my antics as she took a seat, still grinning a bit. "So how do we get the rest of the gang here? I can’t use my phone or hold a plate."

"AILILILILILILILILI!" I turned to the pegasus as my cry finished. "Learned that from my mom."

My brother heard the cry, apparently, because he arrived five seconds later with the rest of our caravan.

The pegasus blinked. "I.... I’m not going to question it. You are Pinkie, so very much Pinkie."

"No, that’s a legitimate Priddy call," Ian explained.

"Ah, but the timing. Nopony but Pinkie could time it for the moment I asked about it."

I gave Erishy a confused look. "...why would I call before you asked? I think your logic here is flawed."

"I think I’m hungry," Ginny quipped.

Julien used his magic to grab a couple of plates, leaning in to take Erishy's order before heading for the buffet. My brother also grabbed two platters, but I waved a vague hoof; "Just load it up with veggies." Cadance--Linda, sorry, asked Jackie to help her as well, leaving Ginny and Harold to fend for themselves.

Erishy grabbed my shoulder, inconspicuously pulling me aside. "Hey, while they are getting food, I need to have a quick chat with you. What are we going to do when we get to New York?"

"The funny reply would be 'Be tourists.' I know this really cool thing in Brooklyn--" Taking in her worried expression, I shook my head. "Sorry. Well, way I see it the goal is to beat Discord. The EoH have proven useful in that regard. Hopefully by that time..." I shuddered a bit. "All of us will have... synthesized and earned our elements so it should be a simple manner of unleashing a rainbow blast. After that comes the part where Twilight 'I have a spell for everything' Sparkle figures out how the ponies got here and develops a way back, plus some boring paperwork and negotiation between Equestria and the UN..."

The pegasus tapped her hooves nervously. "We have yet to hear from anyone but Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. But Twilight seemed.... Off. Is that just me worrying? She didn't seem like she had merged at all. What about AJ, and Rarity? They could be anywhere...."

"They'll crop up," I reassured her. "AJ is dependable, and Rarity is too. As for Twilight, I dunno what's going on with her, mostly because I've been letting you handle most of the contact side of things." I pulled out my iPad, tapping open facebook. "I mean I took the initiative to calm down Chrysy, but--"

My eyes trailed down the queen's reply to my facebook message.

Thanks, I needed that. the presentation of the inquiry was just humorous enough.

My answer: Green.

Unfortunately, I don't need the experiment. As you may have seen or heard on the news, Discord spelled it out for me. In the middle of a group hug of 'primary demographic.'

Bless the little girl screaming 'changelings need love, too' as her mother dragged her away. Also, unless Discord was messing with us: Churches are safe, or at least old Catholic cathedrals are, anyway.

-- The Pathetic Leech,

Eljay-Chrysalis

"...oh. That's... not good, I need to take this."

PreviousChapters Next