• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,940 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,940

PreviousChapters Next
Dreams of the Mad

Our return to the felt representation of Sugarcube Corner was a simple affair. Simply, we were there! Tada! No fanfare, no magic sparkles, no nothing. Well, except the cotton candy cloud dripping chocolate milk in the corner, trying to avoid being noticed despite not being felt at all.

That got both of our attention.

I gave the cloud a casual look, moving in front of Pinkie protectively. "Uh huh. Sure. Just try it, boyo. Just try it."

"Oh come now, I bring you a present and you don't even have any?" The voice of Q, professor Quadwrangle, and Discord all wrapped in one package vibrated from the cloud. "I'm offended, handyman."

"I never did like chocolate," I deadpanned. "Well, not that kind of chocolate. I liked chocolate chips, but not pure chocolate. I'm guessing asking for you to show yourself is out of the question?"

"This is your mind," the cloud explained calmly. "Well, hers really. I can't manifest a form without her permission. The cloud was already in here I just dug it up. Work with what you have, right?"

Pinkie gave the pink puff a glare of intense rage. "Why were you such a meanie pants to Tara?"

"Because it amused him," I answered simply. "Like whatever he's doing now is amusing him. What are you going to attack me with? My family? My cat? Erishy? My lack of identity?" I chuckled a bit. "My sad lack of Doctor Who watching?"

"No, not any of that." The cloud swirled, floating forward. "See Reid, there are a few things about me you know. I like to have fun, I don't play fair, but nevertheless I like playing games. I would like to point out to you that I have personally done nothing so far. I have lost pawns, I have tossed out a bishop or two, but my King and Queen have yet to show." It tilted forward, ever so slightly. "But nevertheless there are things about me you don't know, and those things are many. One big one is that I do have rules that I follow. After all, chaos isn't any fun without a dab of order."

"Shlik rennntri floren ka."

Even Pinkie was confused by that. "What?"

"Oh nothing, I'm sure Discord doesn't know what I mean."

The cloud was silent for a moment. "...No, no search results for it either. I wonder what game you are playing, Reid." In its contemplation the cloud began to freeze its rain, giving way to chocolate snowflakes. "I wonder what your rules are."

I would have grinned if I had lips. "So do I."

"You managed to retrieve Luna, regardless. Kudos to you on that. Celestia though, I doubt you will be so lucky. I wonder if she has power over daydreams?" The cloud gave an amused snort.

"Dissy, I'd like you to meet somebody." I had had enough of this silliness and decided to end it. "See, I wasn't always into ponies. Before that, I was in the WALL-E fandom. Wonderful movie, you understand. And I was part of... well, a founding member, actually, of the WALL-E forum role play."

"Reid, you don't need to do this." Pinkie gave me a pleading look. "You really don't."

"Of course, since this was an RP about robots, there was a lot of debate in the setting on whether robots were people, was it right to build them to serve, should a robot follow their directive, yadda yadda yadda." I clasped my hands together. "Things got increasingly... epic. I mean that in the literary sense."

Discord sighed. "If I could fall asleep I would. Get to the point handyman."

"There was a ship in the setting. A ship that was half destroyed, populated by genetic abominations, malfunctioning robots, and eldritch monstrosities. And the presumed captain of that ship, a former Fencing Robotic Opponent, was the one who had pretty much singlehandedly caused all of that."

Pinkie hid behind me as I gestured toward the metal woman prowling up behind the cloud. "Discord, meet Inferno Optic, Netcop of the Bong."

The pink puff did not seem frightened at all. "Hello whatsit of the whoosit. I am Discord, of the not-drug-perephanelia. Wonderful to meet you. Are you supposed to hurt me somehow? As a mental image there is very little that could do that. Or... Oh no, don't hurt the cloud!" The dramatic wail was a bit over the top in my opinion, and definitely sarcastic.

"Why would I want to hurt the cloud?" Inferno looked down on the cotton candy, stroking it with her long claws. "It's singing! What a lovely song, about pancakes and blood and cute little kitties!" She giggled, covering the painted smile on her face with her other hand. "Naughty naughty kittens, don't go into the armory! That's where the walrus lives."

"Here's the fun bit," I explained. "She knows she's insane. Once, she found a baby wandering the ship, so she cut off its limbs and decapitated it, just so it wouldn't have to grow up in the madhouse she made. She still keeps the bones in a drawer, you know. Compared to her?" I leaned forward. "You're child's play."

"That's the point. I have rules. I am not evil, I am not insane, I am Discord. I do not kill when it can be helped and I do not hurt children. I have class, thank you very much. Her?" The cloud wrapped a pink tendril around the robot's leg, lifting her into the air. "She is simple to deal with. Evil is wont to be destroyed. I am so much more complex. I strive to be unpredictable not to win, but to succeed. My goal is the breaking of the bonds of friendship." Inferno's head hit the ground with a metallic clang.

"So you say... And yet, for all your complexity, you are surprisingly simple. You are Discord. End of story." I shrugged. "You're not even the first Discord I've met.

"Well, regardless, I am not leaving. I now have a foothold in pinkies mind, and until you finish the merge, you cannot confront me directly. How do you feel about a grey mane and tail?" The sound of snapping talons echoed throughout our dreamscape. "Never mind, I'm sure you'll love it."

"Dissy? A wise man once said rules exist so that you think before you break them..." I put a comforting hand on the pony behind me. "And you know neither I nor Pinkie thinks normally."

***

A loud shout snapped me awake, the dream collapsing without warning. I found myself looking into the eyes of Erishy... and slowly realized she had wrapped her forelegs around me tightly.

While we were both still in bed.

"...um..." I gave her a nervous smile. "...hello.

PreviousChapters Next