• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,941 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,941

PreviousChapters Next
Communication

It took a while, but I was, eventually, able to cease the flow coming from my eyes. A hoof went up to my cheeks, rubbing the moisture out of the short pink hairs. "...W...Wow. Hee... tears. How do they work..."

"Pain turned physical I suppose?" Erishy brushed my face gently, drying it with practiced movements. "You are right though... We have to go on, we've got to keep up hope..."

Hee, Hope said hope. I giggled a bit, before realizing what I'd thought... It took me a moment to realize what had happened. "Huh. Wow, so that's what that feels like. Sparkly."

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Oh you wouldn't believe me if I told you." I waved a hoof through the air. "Just file it under Pinkie being... Reid being Pinkie. Being Reid being Pinkie. Ad infinitum. Actually just file it under distracting self." I couldn't figure out if it was me being me or her being her or me being her or... whatever. So I decided to just drop it. "So.... what happens now?"

"It happened huh?" Erishy giggled. "So are you male or female now because that's been bugging me to no end... I keep feeling bad for thinking of you as one gender or name." She glanced at the floor, blushing a bit.

"What?" It took me a moment to realize she was referring to Pinkie and I becoming one. "Oh. Nonono, we're still we. But for the gender thing, um...." I stretched my mind, trying to figure out a good ruleset. "Male on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, female on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Sundays we're neuter."

"Um... I... Okay." For some reason that seemed to throw her, but her face quickly contorted back into sorrow. "So I guess we tell the others? Maybe find a better way to tell them than showing them a picture of Twi in a hospital bed?"

"Yeah... To be honest, though, I have a lot of faith in the medical system. Mom's a nurse. Reidmom," I clarified. "Wow, I have two mommies.... How am I going to explain this to mom? I mean, you know, Pinkie's mom, I mean..."

I shook my head in confusion.

"My point is, she'll be fine because my mom's a nurse. I'm more worried about the princesses of the day and night."

"They have so much power though..." Erishy looked at me, worry in her eyes. "Do you think they are actually in trouble? And if they are what could we do about it? We don't have spike to send her a letter, and I doubt Cad-- Linda or Julien would know how to locate them."

"Yeah. Princess of day and night." Something about that term rung a bell in my head. "Princess of the night.... Princess of the Night?"

An idea sprung into my head.

"PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!" I grabbed Erishy's shoulders and gave her a wild grin.

"...Yes." Somewhat nonplussed, the pegasus brought a hoof up to my nose. "Princess of the night."

I pulled her into a tight, bone crushing hug. "HAHA! PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!" Just as suddenly I bounded away, eagerly heading for the door!

A bit too eagerly, in fact; my face rebounded off the wooden surface.

"...Ow."

Erishy was at my side in a moment, helping me back onto my hooves. "Explain, then I'll let you run out there like a madmare." She stood between me and the door, raising an eyebrow at my shenanigans.

"Princess... of the night." I tapped my head, giving her a pointed look. "What do you do at night, hmm? Well, I mean in general, not, aheh, if you're with another pony or incontinent or...." Belatedly, I realized what I was doing. "I'm rambling, aren't I."

"Dream, but..." She glanced at me, unsure of what I was suggesting. "Are you sure? I mean, the chances of Princess Luna wanting to visit one of our dreams...."

"Infinitesimal," I admitted. "Which is why I need to ask Jackie for some tin foil. And antennae, if she has those." My grin grew absolutely insane. "Every road can be walked two ways."

"....you want to hijack your dream in order to reach out to Princess Luna? Well, I suppose it's better than not trying anything at all." Erishy stepped aside, clearly unsure my idea would work.

I shrugged. "Yeah, I know it sounds weird. And insane."

Pinkie grinned. "And maybe a little bit..." She grabbed hold of the element of laughter, twirling it around our hoof. "...silly?"

That elicited a giggle from the yellow pegasus. "I missed you." She wrapped us in a warm hug.

"Well, the idea was Reid's. I just added the tin foil hat. Everything works better with a tin foil hat."

I glanced down, realizing how close Erishy was to me. "Not to split you ladies apart, but we don't have the tin foil hat yet."

"You know you like the hug, Reid," admonished my mental partner.

"Yes, I do..." I sighed. "Fine, two minutes and then we go back to being silly in a serious way."

"We will get through this, won't we?" She wrapped her forelegs more tightly around me. "Everything will work out okay."

I smiled, returning the tightening grip. "Yep. Because we're the ones working on them."

She leaned forward, just a bit, locking gazes with me. For once in my life it didn't feel... intense. It feels natural. ""I... I feel safe here, Pinkie... Reid.... Both of you, I feel like home. Don't go anywhere okay?"

She had that nervous, worried smile she always used when she was afraid of offending me. "I... well, I won't stay away," I promised. "I mean for small things like the bathroom and splitting up car rides or stuff like that... I'll probably stick in a ten mile radius and--"

Pinkie rolled our eyes. "Reid, you're over thinking things again." She was smiling as she looked at Fluttershy. "I'll keep him on a tight leash."

I chuckled, just a bit, as I looked at those moss-green eyes, shimmering with questions and fear and... and hope...

The pegasus burrowed her mane into my chest, sighing as her eyes began to flutter open and closed. There was an awkward moment where I wanted, really wanted to just stay like that and knew I'd eventually have to break this embrace to get that tinfoil hat. I mean, yeah, I was stroking her mane, but...

"...um... Erishy?"

And then Pinkie pulled a cruel little trick. "While I'm thinking about it, I have something to tell you..."

"Hmm?" Her sleepy gaze once more tilted up to mine, a... well, a very cute smile on it. I stared at her... she was so close and--

This is wrong, Pinkie. Not after I showed her Twilight, not while she's hurting. I took a deep breath. "Well, Figment was wondering if you could give him any dating tips with... what was her name, the striped Fluttershy plushie?" Maybe a bit of random would distract her.

She giggled. "Ms. Buzzy. He should just tell her that he likes her. I mean, she's a plushie. I'm sure she would love to have somepony to hold her and keep her safe and... And..."

"...and as much as I honestly hate to break this up, it's been two minutes and I really need that tin foil hat to contact Luna." My forehooves were forced onto the ground as my gaze turned to the side. "And you promised to help Jackie with the costumes, right? She wouldn't keep you up all night, but you should probably still help her."

Even as I moved aside and reached for the door handle, though, Erishy began to wake back up. "Pinkie I... I mean Reid... Did you mean..."

"Pinkie was pulling a little prank." I sighed, realizing how blunt that sounded, and started again. "You... helped me out of my shell, and the last girl who did that I had a... I thought I had a crush on. But I never asked her out, and looking back it was more joy that somebody understood me then anything romantic." My shoulders slumping, my eyes on the door. "I don't want to make that mistake again. I don't want to confuse... well, like I said, there's more then one kind of close friend."

The pony whose body I was sharing winced at my words. Are you trying to friend-zone her?!

"...I'm confused, and I can't say yea or nay yet. And of course I don't want to hurt you, and of course there's things more important, yadda yadda yadda." My mouth twisted into a wry, humorless grin. "Don't you hate it when you're reading a story and the answer's so obvious you want to yell at the characters to do this or that or whatever and they just don't?" I glanced at the ceiling. "Well, relative fictionality notwithstanding, maybe the audience can start yelling at me."

"Well... I..." She seemed a bit nervous at my words, but pressed on. "You've helped me a lot Pinkie. You too Reid. So... I don't mind."

"...Like I said, I never dated. So I don't know. And if... if it isn't what I think it is..." I lowered my head. "If it isn't what I think it is, and I hurt you, I don't think I could see you again. Not without losing my element."

A sigh escaped my lips.

"...I just need to figure this out. Later. For now, it's time to be seriously silly."

I kicked the door open, a bright smile hiding what was really running through my head. "Hey there Jackie! I want to catch a few hundred extra channels. Got any tin foil?"

PreviousChapters Next