• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,906 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,906

PreviousChapters Next
Speech! Speech! Speech!

The cosplayers had agreed to take turns riding in the Pinkiemobile (which was silver, but whatever) and of course Ginny had somehow managed to pull the world's biggest puppy dog eyes outside the ponified peeps for the long first leg of the journey. After the first half hour of fangirling over everything, she finally managed to calm down and I finally manged to regain my hearing. We'd spent the rest of the trip chatting about various things--Ginny proved very useful when it came to opening granola bars--and I'd learned that the girl was actually pretty warm and caring. Yeah she wasn't much like Fluttershy otherwise--swore every five sentences, couldn't go for ten minutes without talking, and had the worst singing voice ever--but you know, she was alright in her way.

Soon enough, we came to our destination for the day.

"We are now crossing the Oklahoma river," I announced in a mock dramatic voice. "Before us is Oklahoma city, capital of Oklahoma state. Presumably, the great Oklahoma pirates raided the Oklahoma palace here years before."

In the shotgun seat, Ginny snickered. "Let me guess, they were defeated by the Oklahoma Knight's Order?"

"Sadly, no." I shook my head in great sorrow. "The Oklahoma Pirates managed to evade the Oklahoma Knights when the Oklahoma mothmen rose up against the city dwellers and diverted their attention."

"We get it, Oklahoma is egotistical." Ian rolled his eyes. "There's a Hampton inn up ahead, we should take a couple of rooms for the night."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." My tail was absolutely kinked out from all the sitting I had done, feeling like it had been bent around five or six different ways. "Bed and bath, that oughta do great. Oooo! An IHOP! I know where we're gonna eat tomorrow!"

We finally pulled into the parking lot of Hampton hotel, the cosplayer's red van pulling in beside us. I took a moment to look out the window and gave a frustrated sigh; some lovely people were standing outside the hotel under a big WELCOME PINKIE banner, in various states of brony-related attire. And surrounded by Pinkie plushies.

"Okay, seriously. Did you have to announce me?" I glowered at Ginny.

"It wasn't me, I swear!"

"I've been watching her the whole time," Ian added. "She's in the clear."

I grunted, crossing my forelegs. "Alright, fine. So it wasn't, her, who could it have been?"

"One of the other cosplayers, clearly." Ian opened got out and opened my door. "Time to face your adoring fandom."

"Hey." Ginny reached over and put a hand on my shoulder. "If it gets to be too much, I'll make sure the media f--screws them over. I know people."

"...Thanks. I'll be okay." I unbuckled, breathed in deeply, and slipped on my saddlebags. "Come on Figment, let's go meet all the little me's. Maybe you can eat one of them! Or be friends with them, that would be more appropriate."

Have you ever had a crowd scream your name really loud? Neither have I! They were all screaming "Pinkie! Pinkie!" and I couldn't really turn them down. I smiled and waved, ears pressed flat against my skull. I don't think they got the message that this could, you know, be the end of all things. Or maybe they were trying to encourage me. Or maybe they were trying to encourage Pinkie. Or maybe they just wanted to shower me with flowers for no reason whatsoever.

I took a few of the extra big bouquets in my mouth, handing them off to Ginny. "Go inside, get us two rooms, and please don't tell anyone which ones they are."

Ginny nodded, slipping into the crowd and through the hotel doors.

"Speech!"

Oh no.

"Speech! Speech! Speech!"

Oh no no no, no no no no. Please no! Nonononononono. No.

"I think it would be best to give them a speech," Ian noted.

Traitor.

"What do I say?"

"Um... Smile smile smile?"

I kicked his leg, still grinning at the Pinkie admirers. "I get they want something Pinkieish but I don't have any idea what--"

Jacqueline walked up then. "I'm sorry, I just wanted it to be friends and family. If I had known that--"

'We'll talk later, what do I do now?" My smile was faltering against the constant noise.

She shrugged. "Smile smile smile?"

"You know what I like about this fandom?" I snarked. "Its originality."

"Come on, SPEECH!"

"Look, I really am--"

I held up a hoof. "No wait... I had something there. Hold on..."

Shrugging off my saddlebags, stood up on my rear legs. It took a few seconds to catch my balance--I surreptitiously wrapped my tail around a nearby pillar--but I managed to spread my forehooves in a placating gesture. "Fillies and Gentlecolts!"

The assembled assemblage stopped their chanting, watching with bated breath. I could hear myself thinking again; my ears rose back into their usual position.

"First of all, thank you for this... overwhelming display of support and adoration, I cannot hope to thank you enough! When crazy and discordant events happen, it is the community that we turn to, and I have never been anything but proud of this community, this fellowship that calls itself the Bronies. Even the darkest amongst us will curb their temper to help another, and I have no doubt that every one of you would willingly step forward to help a foal in need."

"Love and Tolerate!" shouted one of them.

"Yes, love and tolerate. And what is love but the greatest sacrifice? This transformation has been an ordeal for a number of people, who may be hiding in their homes in fear of what they will face. If you encounter any more of these ponified individuals, I ask you thus: Be kind to them, and help where they cannot help themselves. Have it in your heart to give generously, as most forms of identification would be rendered invalid by their shift. Don't let your loyalties conflict, place their needs before your admiration. Be honest with them and with yourselves, so that you don't accidentally hurt their psyches."

Jacqueline flinched.

"...Make sure they know they have a true friend in you, not merely an admirer," I continued. "And of course... let them see the laughter and joy in the natural world."

Silence greeted my proclamation.

"Oh.... and tip your waiters, look both ways before crossing the street, and remember to pay your taxes on time! Or Auntie Pinkie will bring live ducks to your house."

They stared at me for a few seconds. I smiled back at them.

Then one of them snorted. The snort became a snigger, then a chuckle, then a full out laugh.

Oh thank God.

As the rest of the crowd joined in the laughter, I bowed and intentionally flailed onto my face. That got them laughing even more, which I took to be a good sign.

I slipped on my saddlebags and walked into the hotel. Ginny was there, clenching her hands nervously.

"Did you get the rooms?"

"Yes. Did you do all right out there?"

"They got what they needed and what they wanted." I yawned. "Oh, wow, has it really been that long?"

"Here, let me take you to your room." Ginny held out a hand; I put my hoof in it and followed her up the stairs.

Of course, after I put on my PJs and got into bed with Figment, Ian snapped a picture and put it on the web. Traitor... but, hey, I guess he deserved a little fun at my expense, since he was driving me everywhere, and I was too tired to care. Or do anything, actually. I was out like a light three seconds after the camera caught us.

PreviousChapters Next