• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 9,940 Views, 810 Comments

Awakening Pink - Masterweaver



Waking up as Pinkie Pie. Not the usual way things go....

  • ...
46
 810
 9,940

PreviousChapters Next
Dinner Talk

What is this "News" of which you speak? I do not know of such a strange phenomena!

Down to brass tacks then. It is likely that Chrysalis as a person is inside your head. Make it perfectly clear that you are PARTNERS, not one leading and one following. She has more experience with her body, but you have more experience with this world. Avoid the PAPA at all costs. Do not start fights, crime with magic is still crime. Also, Chrysalis is the most beloved villain, so it should be safe to travel the ebony way; heck, it might even be safer then shapeshifting, since it provides a measure of trust.

"What's wrong?" Erishy asked, frowning as we all walked back to the table. "Is she okay?"

I slid in, giving everyone present a serious look. "Ladies and gents, Discord attempted to recruit Chrysalis."

Ian rose an eyebrow. "Attempted?"

"Well, from the message I think she refused, but he decided to do it while she was standing in a room full of little girls." I took a deep breath. "And force her to demorph there too... She's putting on a brave face but I'm going to send her some assurances anyway." I continued typing. "Point is, Discord is not playing nice."

I'm not going to lie, Dissy probably wants to break you and say we all hate you (pony we, anyway). Don't listen to him. Some of the ponies may have some resentment over the Canterlot thing, but you are also human and quite frankly I've always liked Chrysy (and Pinkie may be incapable of hate). This is a chance for her to start anew, under your tutalege. Plus, well, you're essentially a fairy queen and we need all the help we can get against mister "I am the son of Havoc and Entropy!"

Jackie rolled her eyes. "Like he ever did."

"Well, he pretended to," Ginny pointed out. "'You have a fair chance, oh whoops I just mindraped you.'"

"Hey, you could put up a public announcement from us that Chrissy is on the side of good..." Erishy suggested.

So, recap: Make friends with Chrysy and help her ensure her future via alliance not conquering, do not succumb to Discord's machinations, and understand we all still love you. Except PAPA, which is comprised of xenophobic idiots so they don't count. Meet up in New York maybe?

(I should probably mention that one of my traveling companions transformed into Cadance and is not taking it well at all. Just a heads up.)

"I don't know how to do that." I finished typing and sent off my message. "I never really used facebook before all this."

Linda rolled her eyes, pulling out her phone. "I'll do it."

"Hey whoa, you got magic down!" I noted encouragingly.

"Telekinesis. It's a basic skill."

I nodded. "Mmhmm." Magic was magic though, Pinkie Powers doubly so.

Erishy eventually looked up. "...Hey Cadence, can you manipulate clouds?" The cosplayers shot her a few odd looks. "Oh! I'm sorry, Linda, I didn't mean to...."

Linda sighed, putting down her phone and glancing at her plate. “No, I... I should probably get used to it...” She began eating her food using her hooves; I noticed she'd gone for cookies and pie, semi-solid pastries and the like. "I... well, actually, I've been poking around my head and I can... feel Cadance, but there's this... bubble. I can't understand her, she's not talking to me, or she is but the connection's all fuzzy. So I don't know."

"Makes sense," Harold commented. "You were a lawyer before, and she was a princess... or something. Both of you had to isolate yourself from situations pretty regularly."

"So what you're saying is that there are two bubbles," I mused. "The mind is a complicated realm indeed. So complicated in fact that I could spend all day speaking about its complexity and the little doohickies in the corners."

Ginny groaned. "Oh, not philosophy again, it's absolute bullsh--"

"There are children watching us," I interrupted calmly.

The pegasus rubbed her hooves. "But I really didn't mean to imply...."

"She gets it, 'Shy." Julien stated firmly. "Don't freak out, it'll only make things worse." He turned to Linda diplomatically. "So, if Cadence is not communicating with you, she might be worried for your mental safety, or scared. Let us know if we can do anything to help you."

"Thanks..." Linda shrugged. "We can hear each other, but it's not anything defined. Like, we're talking from across the room." She waved a vague hoof. "I think we just... need to concentrate."

"Lucid dreaming," I commented, deadpan. "Until you're totally internalized the initial contact would be difficult. Be ready for a bad case of pillowmouth though." Hmmm, nothing further along this line of inquiry.... "So, what do you think will happen in the season 3 premiere?"

"Well, nothing big was going on before we left, but from the previews that came out, some empire?" Erishy looked back up. "I wonder if our reality isn't connected or matching up with the written show anymore."

"What I know is that the Evil King Sombra made the crystal empire disappear for an eon and Cadance is supposedly the crystal princess."

"Oh great," Linda said dully. "More pressure."

"So my theory," I continued unabated, "is that the crystal ponies are robots. Or the magitech equivalent. They gained intelligence and self awareness, but their maker King Sombra was all 'Oh no, you will obey me!' So then Luna and Celestia go medieval on his flank, but he grabs the robot's powersource and runs. Fast forward to now, and we get Sombra's descendant--a certain pretty pink princess--stumbling across the power source. But in order to acclimatize the crystal ponies to the modern world, Twilight and crew have to host a sort of... fair or something that they prepare before the power source is plugged in."

"You just want there to be robot ponies," Ian commented.

"Robot ponies are awesome."

"I think we would know if Cadence was a magical construct, er.... Robot pony." Julien pointed out. "I'd know, at least." He was blushing ever so slightly.

“Nonono, Cadance is completely organic. She’s just a descendant of Sombra, who made the robot ponies.”

Linda coughed. “I’m not comfortable talking about this.”

“Fair enough," I shrugged. "Let's talk about something that makes somepony else uncomfortable. Tomorrow's Halloween, Erishy, will you be participating in the festivities?"

"Yes," she replied, startling me a bit. "I'll need some hair dye, a trip to hot topic, and some magical assistance. A... And I'll want someone to stay close to so someone doesn't try to ponynap me." She let her eyes fall to her plate.

"It was assumed we would be doing things as a group, though I never was one for handing out or going for treats, so I will probably just tag along." Shining said.

"Why submit to mass market costumes?" Jacqueline smiled. "I have hair dye and I've been known to make four outfits in less then two hours."

"Truefax," Linda confirmed. "I timed her, and the costumes were very high-caliber."

"We could confer tonight," Jackie continued. "I already got your measurements from our first meeting."

I raised a confused eyebrow. "I didn't see any rulers or tape measures--"

"Oh, no nono. I'm a... hmm. Tactile measure? I put my hands to the person, it helps me predict how their clothes would move."

Erishy smiled a bit as she looked back up. "I was thinking a gothic 'shy? Sort of like the fanbase imagined emoshy, but a bit more spunk."

"Gothic, gothic..." The costume maker suddenly grinned. "Lace fairy!"

Ginny sighed. "Lace fairy? Really?"

Jackie smiled. "If I combine a green base with black vines... layer some frills... makeup, hmm, how would makeup work with fur--"

"Hide," I supplied helpfully. "Fur has multiple layers. A hide just has one."

"Powder instead of liquid," suggested Erishy. "Maybe a watered down hair dye?"

Shining chuckled and rolled his eyes. My gaze snapped to the guard instantly, a wide smile lunging onto my face. "Oh, we need to talk about your costume too! After all, if we're all going to do this--"

"You're going to make us do a couple theme aren't you," Linda interrupted flatly.

I pouted a bit. "Oh come on, at least let me work up to the punchline!"

"Hmmm. How bout no?"

"If you make me do a costume, it has to be functional. I won't be wearing binding clothes or fake weapons." Shining Armor...julien... whatever his name is, I'll think of something. He grinned a bit. "Now if you get your hooves on an actual shortsword...."

Jacqueline paused, examining Shining Julien (HA! GOT IT!) with a careful eye. Her eyes glittered as a wide smile began to grow on her face. I took the moment to look at my facebook message thing; Chrysy had replied.

Heck Yeah, I'm still headed for New York. If I can throw down with Celestia hopped up on the stolen love of one unicorn, think what I can do with the earned love of the Brony Community?

I'm actually getting along with her fairly well now that she's awake. She was content to let me drive because I was keeping us fed.

Being bold as brass might necessitate a stop I really don't want to make right now. Apparently my ease of adaptation is part of being a changeling, but I'm embarrassingly clumsy in my 'proper' form. I'll have to get over it eventually, but for now I need to be comfortable where I am.

At least now I can ride shotgun instead of being stuck with the luggage in back.

Here's hoping Dash and Twilight are as forgiving.

-- Cheers,

Eljay-Chrysalis

Linda snorted. "Oh come off it, Jackie, the only sword you have on hand is the one that Harold used--" She stiffened suddenly. "Oh no."

"But it's so perfect, darling!"

"No no no. No. We are not doing that. No."

"And you would look elegant, refined...."

"You know how I feel about that! Okay? No!"

"You sure do say no a lot," I observed. "Does it come from being a lawyer?"

"What?"

"What are you two talking about?" Ian asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, I've been in the costuming business for a lot longer then ponies, you see, and Harold agreed to model this absolutely--"

"I was Aragorn."

As we were staring at Harold's explanation, Linda slowly buried her face in her forehooves.

I grinned from ear to war. "Perfect. Perfection incarnate."

"So.... Linda would be Arwen? I... don't particularly hate this idea." Shulien smiled a bit (Shulien! Much better.), but concern soon creased his features. "Though the mixing of memories at this point is a bit disconcerting."

"I... am more knowledgeable about D&D than Lord of the rings," Erishy admitted with a chuckle as she finished off her plate. "But I know Aragorn would be a cool outfit, although rushed to put it on a pony."

"I hate being pretty," moaned Linda. "I'm not a pretty girl. I'm a practical girl."

"You're a very pretty pony," I offered. Linda shot me a glare. I smiled back.

Then, suddenly, Linda developed a very feral grin. "And what about you, Reid? What are you going to drape your pink body in?"

"Low blow, missy, low blow."

"Question stands."

I tapped my chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm. Something ridiculous yet funny... Preferably simple... I could just plunk on sunglasses and go as Gangsta Pinkie."

"You should go as the Joker." Erishy suggested with an eager smile. "Mane under a slicked back wig, fake scars. And you could do the jacket too!"

"Too close," I replied completely seriously. "Part of being an actor is knowing exactly how closely you can skirt the line between acting and being. That's too close. If I dressed up as the Joker, I would BECOME the Joker. He's too close." I winced a bit at the thought and shuddered.

Erishy drooped her head. "Sorry...."

I sighed. "No it was a good idea for a normal... person..." It was, it really was, but as I was right now it was just too risky. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but... there it was.

"Retro pinkie." Julien suggested, sipping some soda through a straw. "Pink afro and parachute pants."

"Yeah, I can't style the mane. And Retro's funny, but not in the All Hallow's Eve sort of style..."

“What about Elvis?" the pegasus suggested. "Or you could do the dragon fighting costume from that time you got swatted around wearing a box and flippers.”

“Still don’t have hammerspace.”

“I could do that dragon thing, though,” Jackie offered.

“Nah, too unoriginal...." Pinkie, you have any ideas?

"POOKA! I could go as a Pooka!”

I maneuvered my jaw a bit. Okay, that's a good idea but that still feels weird.

Sorry!

“How about dressing up as Birdo?" Erishy suggested. "He and or she was pink.”

“Too obscure, but a vidgame could be a decent concept." I pondered for a bit before splitting into a sudden grin."Oh no wait... MIDNA.”

“Oh my...." Jackie blanched, but kept her cool. "That will be difficult, but I suppose if I pull an all nighter I could get all four of you your costumes.”

“You pull all nighters often?” my brother queried.

“Yes.”

“Don’t mess yourself up for the sake of a little fun," Julien warned. "We are in the middle of a worldwide crisis as well.”

“But..." Erishy tapped her hooves with anticipation, a wide grin on her face. "The goth costume, I could help with if that’d make it easier.”

“How did you learn sewing anyway?” Ginny asked curiously.

“Me?”

“You.”

“Which you?" I tried to clarify. "You you or you you?”

“You you.”

“Ah, that you." I nodded sagely. "I’ve always wondered about that too.”

“Well..." The pegasus glanced away. "My mom wanted a girly girl, and tried to teach me to sew, that was Erica. As ‘Shy, I um..." her voice dropped a bit. "I used to sew little things to sell when I lived at the orphanage to have extra money.”

“Wait, you lived in an orphanage?" This was something that completely threw me for a loop. "I thought that Lieutenant Barricade was your mother!”

No I didn't.

“....no, sorry, Reid thought that. Pinkie didn’t think anything.”

“Yeah... There was a reason why falling from a cloud and finding a home on the ground didn’t trigger a country wide search for me." Her eyes shut with a frown. "I wasn’t exactly missed.”

Such... resentment radiated from her... I could never think of real abandonment like that. As Reid, I'd always had a large family and we were quite willing to take in needy friends. And as Pinkie, well, I had two sets of loving parents, those back at the rock farm and the Cakes.

I initiated a tactical hug maneuver. The fallout was so intense that soon enough all of our fellow travelers were caught up in it. Somebody at another table apparently filmed the whole thing and set it to heartwarming music, it went trending in two minutes flat. But I didn't know that then, and I didn't care when I found out.

After a moment, Erishy opened her eyes and gave us all a small smile. Her expression turned to nervous annoyance, though, when she peered behind us. “I don’t like being a celebrity. Anypony else wanna go to sleep?”

“No,” I said disarmingly.

“I need to stay up all night,” Jacqueline reminded us.

“No offense to Cadance," Linda explained with a wince, "but I want to postpone our inevitable dream meeting.”

“To be honest, I’m not tired at all,” Ginny commented with a shrug.

“I was in the marching band, this isn’t even exhausting,” Ian pointed out.

“I actually saw an interesting computer store on the way here..." Harold mused.

“Or go back and sew and stuff..." Erishhy offered. "I just wanna get out of the public spotlight for a bit.”

That sounded reasonable, so we split the bill and headed out of the mall.... and into a rather perilous situation.

PreviousChapters Next